PDA

View Full Version : fans do not fear, spurs will be stronger w/duncan returning

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-26-2011, 01:50 AM
for those who dont know me im tiago's holy spirit, hi and may i be with you through the post season. ok anyway i know this loss hurt and it was silly as hell, and is ridiculous on pop's part. however if you look at the stats or box score you'll see a miracle taking place before our eyes.

bonner with 17 minutes and splitter with 23 freaking minutes!!!! this means tiago has taken the lead ahead of bonner for minutes, and has been swapped by pop. :toast i know its hard to be thankful at this very moment but we have to consider going into the playoffs without tiago being integrated at all.

this (disaster) had to come sooner or later and for pop to swallow his pride at the end of the season is pathetic, but better late than never. can you imagine if he had this epiphany or woke up during a dallas series??? or shit even against the grizzlies ??? we would be livid/ furious and our season would be shit/over!!!!

this is all happening for the right reasons if i told you tiago would be getting 20+ minutes playing good D and scoring against top PF's 2 weeks ago we'd all laugh and say "i wish" but its here happening and bonner is being exposed for what he is.. a bench player with no balls/confidence in the post season.

for those of you still hating on tiago, he hadnt played more than 20 minutes this whole season. Remember this is his THIRD GAME in the rotation!!!, hes already involved on both sides of the court and showing HEART out there, this is without his legs underneath him.

give him another few games and you will eat crow all of you who hated on a guy that just needed time to play @manuforever go ahead and put my post in your little file cabinet because its only going to show you that you were dead wrong about tiago and his talent. fans this is the best thing that could have happened to the spurs,when duncan gets back we will finally be a championship team again.

you guys know this just makes our club that much stronger! just like when manu came out (first year w/minutes) and the spurs fans wanted him to play.... now pop cant sit tiago for bonner and get away with it.WE have the length to compete in the post. now pops dumbass see's the light, the secrets out baby TIAGOS IS FINALLY A SPUR.
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

silverblk mystix
03-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Pop will give Tiago a DNP next game.

polandprzem
03-26-2011, 02:02 AM
After the allstar break spurs are not a contender team.
They are 1st round exit

polandprzem
03-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Not a 60 win season team

And ppl were talking about 68 :lol

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-26-2011, 02:12 AM
come on guys after tonight it looks really bad but we are extremely vulnerable at the center/power forward position. this is what all of us fans were worried about the whole year!!! and pop kept signing guards like a fool!!

however tiago hasnt played all season then all of a sudden starting for tim prior to the fucking playoffs !!!??GUYS HES doing a hell of a job, if he were in the game in the fourth we dont lose!! period. so pops dumbass is finally getting him conditioned and once tiago can play a full game we will start winning games i promise.

ill give it 2 games from now & we'll stop losing.the record doesnt matter anymore, the 1st seed is what we need and well get it, and i swear if bonner plays before tiago in the playoffs we need to fire pop.

Fireball
03-26-2011, 02:31 AM
come on guys after tonight it looks really bad but we are extremely vulnerable at the center/power forward position. this is what all of us fans were worried about the whole year!!! and pop kept signing guards like a fool!!

however tiago hasnt played all season then all of a sudden starting for tim prior to the fucking playoffs !!!??GUYS HES doing a hell of a job, if he were in the game in the fourth we dont lose!! period. so pops dumbass is finally getting him conditioned and once tiago can play a full game we will start winning games i promise.

You are contradicting yourself ... with Duncan healthy I see no vulnerability with our bigs. Either TD, Dice or Splitter have to be on the floor when Bonner or Blair play ...everything else has defensive meltdown written all over it

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-26-2011, 02:53 AM
@fireball yeah exactly im saying we were vulnerable from the beginning with our lack of depth (centers/power forwards) i agree with everything you said. im just saying now at least splitter is an option, if duncan didnt go down pop wouldnt even play the guy ("because there were no minutes for him" bullshit) and it would have cost us the season. tiago coming off the bench is vital for this team to have a chance.(when tim comes back)

spurtech09
03-26-2011, 02:46 PM
it would be nice to have a timmy d and splitter on the same court at the same time.....splitter is finally getting better at his game...

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-27-2011, 01:53 AM
^^ yea it would be, but the way pop is these days i'd be happy just seeing splitter come off the bench. teams will have a tough time playing us with him in the rotation. theyre used to bonner being out there when timmy isnt and this could really be an advantage

mingus
03-27-2011, 02:14 AM
if Splitter gets DNPs at any point in the season from now on, i won't be able to watch this team any more. i don't watch trainwrecks wating to happen.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-27-2011, 02:22 AM
same here mingus if i see tiago with a DNP i will shit my pants and find something to distract me from watching the game. do you think he'd really do it? S.A will be PISSED!! its crazy how our season comes down to splitter playing, i dont know what happened to our coach...

silverblk mystix
03-27-2011, 02:53 AM
This entire season has been bittersweet...

on the one hand, having the best record in the NBA has been sweet...

but every time I see Bonner come off the bench before any other big...I just want to break my fuckin' tv to pieces...

I am enjoying watching neal, manu,td,tp...et al...

but everytime I see Bonner...

I want to stop being a spurs fan...I felt the same way with Finley...

Trust me on this...Pop will go back to burying Tiago on the bench as soon as Timmy comes back...

and Bonner will be the downfall of this season...yet again...

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-27-2011, 04:14 AM
^ i know, same here with the finley experience that was super painful to watch!! i think if pop destroys our season this year with bonner people will finally be tired of his new small ball unathletic antics. by new i mean bonner finley era. i think thats why people are so vocal when it comes to tiago.

tiago not only represents a breath of fresh air, he represents something us spurs fans have been waiting for since D rob left. so ppl freak out how strongly we feel about his playing time well this is why...

he embodies the defensive big man the spurs lost years back, the 7fter with heart and toughness (i disagree w/the soft comments) and we need to get back to playing bigs that play D!! its really simple...defensive bigs with good I.q are hard to find.we have one in splitter, and we have another opportunity to win a ring before tim retires lets get back to what made us who we are .... thats all
:flag:

mingus
03-27-2011, 05:53 AM
This entire season has been bittersweet...

on the one hand, having the best record in the NBA has been sweet...

but every time I see Bonner come off the bench before any other big...I just want to break my fuckin' tv to pieces...

I am enjoying watching neal, manu,td,tp...et al...

but everytime I see Bonner...

I want to stop being a spurs fan...I felt the same way with Finley...

Trust me on this...Pop will go back to burying Tiago on the bench as soon as Timmy comes back...

and Bonner will be the downfall of this season...yet again...

I hope you're wrong on Pop burying Splitter, but I wont put it past him. I think Pop has lost his mind.

Also, to me it's not Bonner that's the problem, its specifically the Bonner/Blair midget combo. Why Pop would opt for a lineup that leaves this team so vulnerable inside is beyond me.

Muser
03-27-2011, 07:44 AM
Not a 60 win season team

And ppl were talking about 68 :lol

You don't think the Spurs can win 3 more games?

Jesus christ 2 losses in a row and the whole board turns into shit.

Giuseppe
03-27-2011, 08:43 AM
You don't think the Spurs can win 3 more games?

Jesus christ 2 losses in a row and the whole board turns into shit.

Your fandom is like the Suns fandom that way.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Your fandom is like the Suns fandom that way.

were nothing like the suns, except pop hes morphing into a sun .. you laker fans are like no other, most and i mean MOST of the laker fan base are as pathetic as it gets!! :lol when the lakers lose a single game lol i dont think ive seen but 2 laker fans in here if im lucky... so please... dude even L.A players themselves hate you guys :toast

cherylsteele
03-27-2011, 03:34 PM
At first glance at the thread title I thought it said retiring....not returning, I had to double check it.