PDA

View Full Version : 25-03-2011 @Portland Postgame interviews

arles
03-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Manu postgame interview "Unacceptable"
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/video?PID=FSscM6zKXKh5TAPLPXN_ppK0NzcT46wz

Pop postgame interview "Yeah, we wanted Novak to throw the ball straight out of bounds"
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/video?PID=VPAKZH4TJk5vTy4tw26PEoXeDhX2FTTW

Spurs Brazil
03-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Manu is ultra mad

arles
03-26-2011, 09:08 AM
ULTRA mad. In fact, Pop is in a better mood than him.

redskinfan
03-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Pop throwing Novack under bus, he should have never been in there to begin with.

Fireball
03-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Whew ... Manu is mad and by right he should be

Death In June
03-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Pop not accepting responsibility for his piss poor decision. Instead he condescends to the interviewer and passes the blame to Novak. What a real piece of shit.

PDXSpursFan
03-26-2011, 12:07 PM
LMAO. The banner on top of the video reads "SATRUDAY - 8 PM"

Budkin
03-26-2011, 12:11 PM
I've never seen Manu as pissed as he was during that interview.

GSH
03-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Pop not accepting responsibility for his piss poor decision. Instead he condescends to the interviewer and passes the blame to Novak. What a real piece of shit.

You're 100% right. When you do something like that and it doesn't work out, you stand up like a man and take your medicine. You don't jump on the reported for asking the question. I don't care how stupid any of the questions are, you field them and take responsibility.

Pop just crossed over from being irritable to being chickenshit.

tdunk21
03-26-2011, 02:21 PM
i've never seen manu as pissed as he was during that interview.

+1

roycrikside
03-26-2011, 02:25 PM

That's par for the course for Pop. In the entirety of his coaching career he's never ever blamed himself for a tough loss. It's always the players. Every time. He will never accept any responsibility for the lineups he puts on the floor.

Stringer_Bell
03-26-2011, 03:00 PM

He said it wasn't Novak's fault and that not everything works. I agree it's totally his fault for putting a relatively new guy in there for a late game inbound, but sometimes shit just doesn't work out.

Ice009
03-26-2011, 06:37 PM
After these two games my coach of the year vote goes to the Bulls coach.

4>0rings
03-26-2011, 08:45 PM
lol @ somebody scored 13 points against us, I remember that

DBMethos
03-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Nice to see Pop owning up to it for once. :rolleyes

admiralsnackbar
03-27-2011, 06:54 AM
He said it wasn't Novak's fault and that not everything works. I agree it's totally his fault for putting a relatively new guy in there for a late game inbound, but sometimes shit just doesn't work out.

I don't understand why people are hating on the decision for Novak to in-bound like they are. He made a mistake, but I don't get how that isn't a mistake anybody could make, or how it was somehow related to his inexperience (every player has made hundreds of in-bound passes before they reach the NBA).

The guy has good size to potentially throw over/around his guard in to Manu, and we wanted a rested shooter on the floor at the end as an option. Just because Novak had the bad luck to mis-execute doesn't make the decision to put him in that position flawed, or that he never deserves the privilege to be in that position again.

Giuseppe
03-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Just because Novak had the bad luck to mis-execute doesn't make the decision to put him in that position flawed, or that he never deserves the privilege to be in that position again.

Of course it does. Pop made a mistake there. Novak compounded the mistake. It was needlessly reckless on Pop's part.

admiralsnackbar
03-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Of course it does. Pop made a mistake there. Novak compounded the mistake. It was needlessly reckless on Pop's part.

Thanks for the insight, attention-starved Sunday morning troll :lol

tmtcsc
03-27-2011, 09:16 AM

If the play is executed properly, Manu catches in the air and shoots. Novack threw the ball out of reach and out of bounds. He wasn't asked to come shoot the game winner after sitting on the bench cold.

He may be their best passer on that play and has done it great countless times in practice. But like the rest of the team, he choked. Terrible pass.

Giuseppe
03-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the insight, attention-starved Sunday morning troll :lol

:toast