PDA

View Full Version : A Day Later

tmtcsc
03-26-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm still sick to my stomach over the loss but there are silver linings.

1. We were competitive w/o Tim Duncan in a very tough place to win.

2. We played solid Defense on Aldridge all night long

3. Tiago didn't look like a total puss and played very well

4. This may be lame but...losses like this tend to build character. The Spurs had won many games this year that were seemingly lost. The gawdy record with some unlikely wins was building some fools gold. Losses like this will help this team get pissed off and more focused.

Don't get me wrong, it was a HORRIBLE loss. We did everything it takes to beat a good team on the road and we gave it away but there are a few positives to take away. That's the way I'm choosing to see it today.

The Spurs have no option but to move forward and beat the Grizzlies. I fully expect them to do so.

We aren't going to lose the # 1 seed and will probably face the Hornets in Round 1. In round 2 we'll face the winner of the Blazers / Thunder series and in the WCF, we'll face the Lakers who will easily advance past the Mavs in Round 2. I actually think they'll sweep them.

jimo2305
03-26-2011, 11:15 AM
good thing i didn't actually watch the game..

i know.. what kind of spurs fan am i right?

i think i would've broke something if i did.. considering how much meltdown i see across the forums today :lol

SenorSpur
03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
I didn't get to watch the game either, but saw the highlights. As for the silver lining, I'm not there yet.

Budkin
03-26-2011, 11:57 AM
I slept like shit last night. I woke up this morning hoping it was just a nightmare. Nope.

Spurs7794
03-26-2011, 12:02 PM
I didn't watch it last night...wathced it this morning without knowing the results. Was pumped up with the lead late in the game...getting ready to do my taxes. Suddenly, 10 minutes later, Novak throws it out of bounds and I did something I NEVER have ever done...I fast forwarded. I couldn't bear watching what I thought was gonna happen...and then I see the Blazers celebrating and I've been lying on my floor the last 20 minutes with no intention of doing anything productive.

LakerHater
03-26-2011, 01:05 PM
... & Im not as pissed but I am still upset & disapointed!!

easy7
03-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Shit happens and mistakes will be made. It is not like the Spurs are the 10th seed and will probably not make the playoffs this year.

boutons_deux
03-26-2011, 01:17 PM
One screwup, in late March is sufficient, but two bone-head give-aways in a row is sickening.

John Basedow
03-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Reading the Game Blog from page 30 and on is the goods :tu

Rollercoaster of raw emotion :lol

spurtech09
03-26-2011, 02:41 PM
splitter is starting to play some good basketball....

spurtech09
03-26-2011, 02:43 PM
yeah it sucks thats the spurs had to lose the way they did....if spurs don't turnover the ball and don't make any dumb mistakes the spurs win both games.....and without duncan...

jimo2305
03-26-2011, 02:45 PM
One screwup, in late March is sufficient, but two bone-head give-aways in a row is sickening.

this person said it best..

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2011, 03:36 PM
I slept like shit last night. I woke up this morning hoping it was just a nightmare. Nope.

alchemist
03-26-2011, 03:41 PM
I remember I used to lose sleep over the losses, then I realized these guys sleep in 5 star hotels after a road loss and mansions after a home loss. Slept like a baby after that. :toast

spurs10
03-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Slept badly..hoped it didn't really happen. However it's true that losses like this build character. At least it wasn't in the playoffs. We played hard...sometimes things "don't work." You know Manu, TP, and the team will rally.
:flag::lobt2::flag::lobt2:

Budkin
03-26-2011, 03:56 PM
I didn't watch it last night...wathced it this morning without knowing the results. Was pumped up with the lead late in the game...getting ready to do my taxes. Suddenly, 10 minutes later, Novak throws it out of bounds and I did something I NEVER have ever done...I fast forwarded. I couldn't bear watching what I thought was gonna happen...and then I see the Blazers celebrating and I've been lying on my floor the last 20 minutes with no intention of doing anything productive.

You're at the point we were all at last night... I'm sorry bro. :(

Budkin
03-26-2011, 04:27 PM
I remember I used to lose sleep over the losses, then I realized these guys sleep in 5 star hotels after a road loss and mansions after a home loss. Slept like a baby after that. :toast

That's the only way I can console myself... break down perspective into "bunch of rich dudes throwing a ball into a hole."

manu the best
03-26-2011, 04:35 PM
.. I watched the last 30 secs. And those were the worst 30 seconds of my life ..

Hooks
03-26-2011, 04:40 PM
When that tip happened I was angry as hell, I felt like breaking my $800 laptop or my flat screen, I felt like killing someone lol. After around a minute I got my anger under control and started lifting weights which made me feel better.

I'm just glad that Tiago is doing so well, the NBA is fucked if Tiago keeps playing this well. I mean he did REALLY good out there the past 3 games, shut down Nene, held Aldridge to like 8 points the entire time he guarded him, etc. This guy shut down Odom when they played vs. team USA and drew 3 quick fouls on Chandler, it's not like he's some sort of scrub, he's pretty much the missing piece to our championship team (I think the Spurs can still win it all even if they don't have a lock down perimeter defender). Tiago's doing well because his confidence is high and he's finally getting PT.

Russ
03-26-2011, 05:03 PM
What doesn't kill the Spurs (or make them lose the #1 seed) will only make them stronger.

Why feel good about things at this point. Feeling good is the enemy.

At this point, I'm daring to think title.

What a story it would be! :toast

alchemist
03-26-2011, 05:04 PM
That's the only way I can console myself... break down perspective into "bunch of rich dudes throwing a ball into a hole."
:lol exactly man, you get the hang of it :toast

Spurs7794
03-26-2011, 05:25 PM
You're at the point we were all at last night... I'm sorry bro. :(

Now, hours later I'm fine and managed to get some stuff done...but the immediate aftermath of that game was the worst I've felt over a regular season game in a LONG time. I thought the days of me getting upset over non-playoffs games were over.

Just glad that we have this support group...AKA this thread. :lol

JustinJDW
03-26-2011, 06:36 PM
I didn't see the game because I was at the movies last night, but when I saw the boxscore on my phone, I couldn't believe it. Can't imagine what it was like seeing that.

Some of you guys are right though with how this shit builds character. If it doesn't kill us (loose #1 seed), then we'll only be stronger and more prepared (for the playoffs).

LakerHater
03-26-2011, 07:30 PM
this shit builds character. If it doesn't kill us (loose #1 seed), then we'll only be stronger and more prepared (for the playoffs).

Damn I needed that,THANKS :toast

Now I hope the SPURS take it the same way!

analyzed
03-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Although it hurts the positive we can get out of these last 2 defeats is Splitter should be a valuable piece of the playoff rotation at least for the first 3 quarters. I'm not to worried about him playing in the 4th , As Timmy should finish games for us.

Seriously speaking Splitter is our best back-up to Timmy at the 5. In fact our only back-up at 5. Let's be honest Blair, Bonner and Dice are not centers. period !

Getting Spliiter into our playoff rotation is much more important than a win or two in the regular season. Were not going to look back at this loss and say that's why we din't win the ring. It is highly possible however to blame not getting Splitter in the playoff rotation as the reason for failure in the playoffs.

The way I see , If were not good enough to win 6 of our last 10 games and keep Home court advantage ( even with TD missing half of the games) , then were not good enough to compete for a ring , it's that simple.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-26-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm still bummed.

John Basedow
03-26-2011, 08:36 PM
As a basketball fan, I can watch the last 0:35 over and over again. Just a crazy finish, and something we won't likely see again for a few years.

silverblk mystix
03-26-2011, 08:40 PM
When that tip happened I was angry as hell, I felt like breaking my $800 laptop or my flat screen, I felt like killing someone lol. After around a minute I got my anger under control and started lifting weights which made me feel better.

I'm just glad that Tiago is doing so well, the NBA is fucked if Tiago keeps playing this well. I mean he did REALLY good out there the past 3 games, shut down Nene, held Aldridge to like 8 points the entire time he guarded him, etc. This guy shut down Odom when they played vs. team USA and drew 3 quick fouls on Chandler, it's not like he's some sort of scrub, he's pretty much the missing piece to our championship team (I think the Spurs can still win it all even if they don't have a lock down perimeter defender). Tiago's doing well because his confidence is high and he's finally getting PT.

You are missing the big picture here...

Splitter will only get playing time while Timmy is out...then it will be BONNER TIME!!!!

Splitter will go back to DNP's while Bonner prepares for his next slump in the playoffs...

The big picture....Bonner OVER Splitter...

Ice009
03-26-2011, 09:37 PM
You are missing the big picture here...

Splitter will only get playing time while Timmy is out...then it will be BONNER TIME!!!!

Splitter will go back to DNP's while Bonner prepares for his next slump in the playoffs...

The big picture....Bonner OVER Splitter...

FUCK THAT SHIT.

I said the best place for Splitter was to start with TD. I don't know why Pop couldn't do it. I thought what he did with Blair was OK, and that was to start him with TD and play him the first 6 minutes of the first quarter and the first 6 minutes of the third quarter. If he did well in those stints then he gets more court time in both the first half and second half. The only thing is that he should have done that with Splitter. I wanted him to do it with Splitter after he got acclimated to the NBA a little bit since he missed training camp.

I don't get why Pop never did this as it was the best way to integrate Splitter and if he didn't do well it wouldn't hurt the team much. This would have been so much better than DNP CDs. Blair doesn't spread the floor so why was he starting with TD? What did he do that Splitter can't do? He kept going on and on about defense and he never played the guy with the most defensive potential.

Pop has some BULLSHIT excuses.

Manu was a rookie and TP was a rookie that got court time in the playoffs as a huge part of the regular rotation so why the fuck can't Splitter?

FUCKING TOTAL BULLSHIT from Pop. He's gone soft. The players should call him out for going SOFT in his coaching and philosophy.

silverblk mystix
03-26-2011, 09:42 PM
FUCK THAT SHIT.

I said the best place for Splitter was to start with TD. I don't know why Pop couldn't do it. I thought what he did with Blair was OK, and that was to start him with TD and play him the first 6 minutes of the first quarter and the first 6 minutes of the third quarter. If he did well in those stints then he gets more court time in both the first half and second half. The only thing is that he should have done that with Splitter. I wanted him to do it with Splitter after he got acclimated to the NBA a little bit since he missed training camp.

I don't get why Pop never did this as it was the best way to integrate Splitter and if he didn't do well it wouldn't hurt the team much. This would have been so much better than DNP CDs. Blair doesn't spread the floor so why was he starting with TD? What did he do that Splitter can't do? He kept going on and on about defense and he never played the guy with the most defensive potential.

Pop has some BULLSHIT excuses.

Manu was a rookie and TP was a rookie that got court time in the playoffs as a huge part of the regular rotation so why the fuck can't Splitter?

FUCKING TOTAL BULLSHIT from Pop. He's gone soft. The players should call him out for going SOFT in his coaching and philosophy.

Agreed.

I have lived in some cities where a radio station hires a guy off the street and assigns him to pulling pranks all over town.

I wish some radio station would do this as a gag and have him report on the spurs and ask Pop questions regarding his coaching.

Real questions. Not like these pussy reporters who are scared of Pop.

Capt Bringdown
03-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Getting Spliiter into our playoff rotation is much more important than a win or two in the regular season. It is highly possible however to blame not getting Splitter in the playoff rotation as the reason for failure in the playoffs.

If not for Duncan's injury, Splitter wouldn't have had the chance to contribute.

IMO, this may end up being the story this year. Splitter should not have been held back, but should have been fast tracked. We won't see another chance with our big 3 squad like this again...ever.

From what I've seen, Splitter is more than capable of holding his own - especially on the defensive end. Sure, there will be nights when he looks terrible, but you can say that of every player.

The post-season upside of Splitter is much, much brighter than the gimmicky experiment of starting Blair.

Unfortunately, even our gaudy record does not preclude the possibility of colossal blunders. Pop's handling of Splitter has been a major mistake.

Budkin
03-26-2011, 10:15 PM
As a basketball fan, I can watch the last 0:35 over and over again. Just a crazy finish, and something we won't likely see again for a few years.

I'd feel the same way if this wasn't my team on the short end. To the unbiased fan it would be supremely entertaining, but it's just to painful for me to watch ever again. Much like 0.4 and the Dirk foul, Even seeing it on some great moments in NBA history thing just makes me cringe.

Sean Cagney
03-26-2011, 11:24 PM
good thing i didn't actually watch the game..

i know.. what kind of spurs fan am i right?

i think i would've broke something if i did.. considering how much meltdown i see across the forums today :lol

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-26-2011, 11:25 PM
thats what im talking about fellas, were in a better position now (even losing these games)
than we were when timmy was healthy and bonner was our main defensive big off the bench i mean think about it, were going to be LEGIT when duncan comes back. if my man tiago can hang with all that pres0sure pop put on him he sure as hell can come off the bench and produce.

there are 2 types of nba players :1) chokers with no balls (bonner) who shy away from
big plays/games
2) players who dont fear that crucial period where
seasons are on the line. even so they play their best ball
(tiago/manu/tim/neal) oh and sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ haha

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-26-2011, 11:27 PM
when i typed "elliott" that whole luck the fakers came out on my post ...weird

Sean Cagney
03-26-2011, 11:32 PM
.. I watched the last 30 secs. And those were the worst 30 seconds of my life ..

As Pop once said to Manu one time when he did something at the end of a game to lose it, if this is the worst thing you will see in your life you will live a good life then! There will be alot worse than a game, but take it for what it's worth and get over it man it's cool we are still #1 and that was a bad loss but not the end (T MACS 35 seconds 13 pts had me bummed out, but we won it all that year). This will happen again too, not this year maybe but it will happen again and we will blow a game or two maybe in the playoffs as well, it is a part of the game.

Spurs do have a way of having the craziest losses though huh :lol .4, T Macs, Kevin MARTINS STEAL, Marbs Bank shot and this etc. etc. damn as much as they win they have some epic losses broh, the only thing that keeps me sane as far as bball goes is the titles. Think we could be Dallas with the 2-0 lead and up 13 late in a game three and lose 4 in a row! We could be PHX as well! WE could be Portland with how many hearbreaks they had from Memorial day miracle to LA meltdown up 13 or son the 4th, the Kings up 20 some odd only to have Horry rip them down! WE are not though THANK GOD. I will take this one and smile.