PDA

View Full Version : Scott Walker Kills His Wisconsin Union Busting Bill By Publishing It

fraga
03-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Ruh oh...somebody done messed up...

Article. (http://www.politicususa.com/en/scott-walker-kills-wisconsin-bill)

RandomGuy
03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
The sign in the picture was classic "I voted for Walker, and I'm sorry!"

I think the GOP has in almost every case far overplayed their hand, and highly energized the Democratic base as well as alienating independents, just like the Dems did with health insurance reform.

2012 will be a VERY big brew-ha-ha election year. I can easily see some pretty high voter participation rates.

That doesn't bode well for my local state Republican representative. Us Dems stayed home and we lost our Democratic representative, and that won't happen next time, that's for damn sure.

MannyIsGod
03-26-2011, 01:26 PM
So much generalizing in that post it makes my head hurt.

ManuBalboa
03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
We won. Get over it.

jack sommerset
03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
The sign in the picture was classic "I voted for Walker, and I'm sorry!"

I think the GOP has in almost every case far overplayed their hand, and highly energized the Democratic base as well as alienating independents, just like the Dems did with health insurance reform.

2012 will be a VERY big brew-ha-ha election year. I can easily see some pretty high voter participation rates.

That doesn't bode well for my local state Republican representative. Us Dems stayed home and we lost our Democratic representative, and that won't happen next time, that's for damn sure.

:cheer

jack sommerset
03-26-2011, 01:32 PM
The repugs passed the bill. If they need to do a re-vote they will.

jack sommerset
03-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Only mystery will be if they have to re-vote is where will the dems hide this time?

MannyIsGod
03-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Obama didn't violate any restraining orders. Thats for sure.

Say what you will about the bill but its quite obvious this move was a completely foolish one and its not going to help them at all.

ManuBalboa
03-26-2011, 01:35 PM
lol fleeing the state

MannyIsGod
03-26-2011, 01:35 PM
One thing not mentioned is how this action will probably do a lot to help the efforts to collect signatures for the recall elections.

jack sommerset
03-26-2011, 01:36 PM
I say no ones really gives a shit. Either you want the bill of not. Obviously they want the bill.

MannyIsGod
03-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I say no ones really gives a shit. Either you want the bill of not. Obviously they want the bill.

Who? The constituents of WI very much do not want this bill. Thats been apparent for quite some time.

fraga
03-26-2011, 01:39 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...that is unless you actually live in Wisconsin...

jack sommerset
Who? The constituents of WI very much do not want this bill. Thats been apparent for quite some time.

Too bad

MannyIsGod
Too bad

We'll see.

jack sommerset
03-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...that is unless you actually live in Wisconsin...

Son, this sort of bill will be passed all over the USA. That is why it's making all the headlines.

Parker2112
03-26-2011, 02:20 PM
who the hell still argues along party lines anymore? What an archaic approach to politics.

Neither party represents the will of voters.

Wake. The . Fuck. Up. Spurstalk. Regulars.

George Gervin's Afro
03-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Too bad

but Obama's going against the will of the people... Polls say America is against him..

Nbadan
03-26-2011, 11:43 PM
It's gonna be fun watching Scott Walker and other tea-baggers crash and burn.... and the states where they were elected?

:lmao

boutons_deux
03-27-2011, 09:26 AM
First they came for the unions, then they came for the professors.

Vee vant alles kaput!

http://www.politicususa.com/en/wisconsin-gop-tries-to-silence-uw-professor-for-asking-questions

Wild Cobra
03-27-2011, 10:04 AM
We will wait and see now won't we...

Love to see you guys wrong on this, and I think I'll get my wish!

Winehole23
03-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Comment thread at Volokh:

http://volokh.com/2011/03/25/wi-collective-bargaining-bill-published-despite-tro/#comments

Winehole23
03-27-2011, 10:12 AM
But publication itself is not the responsibility of the Secretary of State. It is the responsibility of the Legislative Reference Bureau. It is obligated to "publish every act and every portion of an act which is enacted by the legislature over the governor's partial veto within 10 working days after its date of enactment." This would presumably be on the date designated by the Secretary of State, although it is not clear that this obligation is contingent upon the designation of a date by the Secretary.

The order in Ozanne was directed to the Secretary of State. Judge Sumi held that "[t]he next step in implementation of the law would be publication of that law by the Secretary of State." That assumption was incorrect. She then ordered that "[h]e is restrained and enjoined from such publication until further order of this court."

Secretary of LaFollette has complied with that order.

But, the thing is, he had no responsibility for the law's publication. The Legislative Reference Bureau was obligated to publish the law. It's duty is mandatory and not something that the Governor- or the Secretary of State - can either mandate or stop. The LRB did this because the LRB had to do it. If District Attorney Ozanne wanted to stop it, he should have sued the LRB. He didn't.

Now I understand that people will say that the LRB should have figured out what Judge Sumi wanted and did what the DA did not ask for and she did not order and that it was not obligated to do. The law doesn't work that way. It doesn't allow state agencies to do whatever they think is right or whatever they think a judge in a case to which they were not a party would have ordered them to do had they been a party. The LRB had a clear legal obligation that was not altered by any court order and it followed it. http://sharkandshepherd.blogspot.com/2011/03/primer-on-publication-of-collective.html

Wild Cobra
03-27-2011, 09:31 PM
crofl backtracking and scrambling

this law's toast
I disagree.

Sec24Row7
03-27-2011, 10:36 PM
The unions are fucked. They should just smoke a cigarette and get the hell out of the house.

jack sommerset
03-28-2011, 10:53 AM
but Obama's going against the will of the people... Polls say America is against him..

There are TONS of polls that support Walker. Google. You will easily find them. The problem with you is that you are stupid. Stop being stupid, man. You continue to try your very best to make stupid points, no points to show your support for Barry. It makes you look stupid.

They are billions in debt. Cutting spending is a good thing. Why don't you take a peek at how much these teachers make in Wisconsin, their benifits, how many days they work, GET OFF then get back to me if you think they are getting fucked but don't sit there and cry wolf because Walker is doing his best to stop them from milking the tax payers of his state from them getting even more.

MannyIsGod
03-28-2011, 11:08 AM
There are TONS of polls that support Walker. Google. You will easily find them. The problem with you is that you are stupid. Stop being stupid, man. You continue to try your very best to make stupid points, no points to show your support for Barry. It makes you look stupid.

They are billions in debt. Cutting spending is a good thing. Why don't you take a peek at how much these teachers make in Wisconsin, their benifits, how many days they work, GET OFF then get back to me if you think they are getting fucked but don't sit there and cry wolf because Walker is doing his best to stop them from milking the tax payers of his state from them getting even more.

You apparently don't know how numbers work. I'm shocked, but start by researching majority. Thanks!

Drachen
03-28-2011, 11:29 AM

Cutting spending is a good thing... That is why it is great that the WI teachers unions have already agreed to 30 million in paycuts, and to increase their share of the pension and insurance premiums... you know the stuff that scott walker said needed to happen. In fact the only place where they aren't giving in is their collective bargaining rights.

ElNono
03-28-2011, 11:32 AM

The unions agreed to the cuts and pay freeze. What does state debt has to do with mandatory union dues or collective bargaining agreements?
Don't be disingenuous, jack.

George Gervin's Afro
03-28-2011, 12:39 PM

so all of the posts indicating Obama was going against the will of the people on Obamacare was just bullshit.. I remember the days where you cited polls to back you up..

Stop being a hypocrite..

George Gervin's Afro
03-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Cutting spending is a good thing... That is why it is great that the WI teachers unions have already agreed to 30 million in paycuts, and to increase their share of the pension and insurance premiums... you know the stuff that scott walker said needed to happen. In fact the only place where they aren't giving in is their collective bargaining rights.

jack's to stupid to realize that this wasn't about the WI budget..

jack sommerset
03-29-2011, 10:51 AM
so all of the posts indicating Obama was going against the will of the people on Obamacare was just bullshit.. I remember the days where you cited polls to back you up..

Stop being a hypocrite..

Again, there are TONS of polls that support Walker and all this union business unlike Obamacare. That means he is not going against the will of the people you goddamn idiot. Some are clinging to the collective bargaining part, talking about how unfair it is and using that to knock what Walker is doing but are fine with everything else. Again, why don't you take a peak at how much these teachers make in Wisconsin, their benifits, how many days they work, GET OFF then get back to me if you think they are getting fucked but don't sit there and cry wolf because Walker is doing his best to stop them from milking the tax payers of his state from them getting even more. Can you do that? Is it possible you, George actually address what exactly these teachers are getting fucked out of instead of just crying "they might get fucked"?

This is nothing like Obamacare, idiot.

Winehole23
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Go ahead, post the polls, Jack.

MannyIsGod
03-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Again, there are TONS of polls that support Walker and all this union business unlike Obamacare. That means he is not going against the will of the people you goddamn idiot. Some are clinging to the collective bargaining part, talking about how unfair it is and using that to knock what Walker is doing but are fine with everything else. Again, why don't you take a peak at how much these teachers make in Wisconsin, their benifits, how many days they work, GET OFF then get back to me if you think they are getting fucked but don't sit there and cry wolf because Walker is doing his best to stop them from milking the tax payers of his state from them getting even more. Can you do that? Is it possible you, George actually address what exactly these teachers are getting fucked out of instead of just crying "they might get fucked"?

This is nothing like Obamacare, idiot.

:lol

Numbers are really tough for you. When polls say the majority of the state is against what Walker is doing then, YES, he is going against the will of the people.

Can't wait till those recalls start.

ChumpDumper
03-29-2011, 11:46 AM
go ahead, post the polls, jack.Saying there are TONS is quite enough.

MannyIsGod
04-01-2011, 05:26 PM
First recall election petition in. More to follow.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-us-wisconsinrecalls,0,7252930.story

jack sommerset
04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
First recall election petition in. More to follow.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-us-wisconsinrecalls,0,7252930.story

Makes sense Chicago is reporting it considering that's where the Wisconsin dems now reside. LOL@fleebaggers.

MannyIsGod
04-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Every news outlet is reporting it - you could say TONS of news outlets are reporting it - but ok.