PDA

View Full Version : Rockets, Are they making the playoffs?

Indazone
03-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Rockets are playing out of their minds lately. 12-3 Since the All-Star Break.

Suns, Grizzlies or Rockets - All Bubble Teams. Who's going?

In the thick of it
Recent run puts Rockets in race for final playoff spots
By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2011 Houston Chronicle
March 24, 2011, 11:32PM

Billy Smith II Chronicle
Courtney Lee and the Rockets are 12-3 since the All-Star break.

The Rockets ended a road trip with a narrow loss and began a homestand with another. They knew then their season had been pushed to must-win peril.

They have not lost since. After five consecutive wins, they have moved from 11th to ninth in the Western Conference, from 3½ games behind Memphis to two games out of the last playoff spot.

But little else has changed. When the Rockets head out on a three-game road trip with 10 to play, they will be in almost must-win peril.

"I told them we started something on the road, now we have to go out on the road and win," coach Rick Adelman said. "That's what we have to do to keep this going.

"There's four teams fighting for this. If one team hits a tough spot where they lose three in a row, you're probably out of it. The pressure is on to keep winning. That's what we tried to do after we lost to San Antonio. We had a tough game with Phoenix and we won it. We beat Boston. Now we want to keep this rolling."

The Rockets' season-best five-game home winning streak has kept them in the race, but no one who had been in the fight before the Rockets' roll has slumped enough to allow them a chance to exhale. After the Grizzlies' comeback win in Boston on Wednesday, the Rockets were determined to concern themselves only with their play and the hope that it can get them over the hurdles on the schedule, starting with Sunday's game in Miami.

"We knew this six-game homestand was huge for us," Chuck Hayes said. "Before this six-game homestand, we were playing good basketball. We had a tough loss against Phoenix and the Clippers. We understood that, but we knew that just meant we had to beat some good teams in Boston, Utah and Phoenix. Five-and-1 was the worst we could do. Six-and-0 would have been great, but we'll take the 5-1 homestand and now that same mentality we've had on the road all year long, we have to take it here on this three-game road trip. It'd be great to win all three. We're playing to win all three.
"The same energy, the hard work and commitment we put in on this homestand, we have to take on the road."

The Rockets are 12-3 since the All-Star break, with all three losses decided in the final minute. They have won by an average of 11 points per game in the winning streak, and that was with late runs by the Suns and Jazz cutting into leads that reached 15 and 12 points.

"I'm happy with what we did on this homestand, but we're not content," Courtney Lee said. "We're still out of the playoff race. We've got to continue to take this on the road and have some carryover on the road when we play Miami, which is a good team. We have to play the way we've been playing."
They might have to play better to get similar results.

"We are playing great," Luis Scola said. "Maybe it is a little late; we don't know. We are about to find out, but we are playing great and we are trying to finish the season strong."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7490568.html

angrydude
03-27-2011, 11:07 AM
they'll lose today thanks to this thread

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Rockets remaining schedule:

@MIA
@NJN
@PHI
SAS
ATL
SAC
@NOH
LAC
DAL
@MIN

Hornets remaining schedule:

@LAL
POR
MEM
IND
HOU
PHX
@MEM
UTH
@DAL

Grizzlies remaining schedule:

SAS
GSW
@NOH
MIN
LAC
SAC
NOH
@POR
@LAC

Grizz with a cake schedule

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2011, 11:15 AM
To answer your question, no--the Rockets aren't making the playoffs.

Venti Quattro
03-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Nope.

Indazone
03-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Grizzlies...provided that they can win without Gay.

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Grizzlies...provided that they can win without Gay.

They are 9-7 since he left, including wins:

vs SAS
@DAL
vs. OKC
@BOS

They also had last minute losses AT CHI and SAS.

Jelloisjigglin
03-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Sure they are. They're the second seed no?

Indazone
03-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Grizzlies 9-7 since All-Star Break
Rockets 12-3 since All-Star Break
Suns 9-8 since All Star Break

Rockets are either a) way over their heads or b) are one of the hottest teams in the NBA right now.

Indazone
03-27-2011, 11:45 AM
It's because of Kyle Lowry getting big minutes instead of splitting with Brooks
Chase Buddinger as starting SF
Patrick Patterson playing big minutes
Chuck Hayes turning into believe it or not a legit 6'6" Center in his breakout season
He is averaging 7.7 points and 7.7 rebounds per game are career bests. In March, he has averaged 8.8 points and 10.1 rebounds and just recorded his first triple double.
:lol

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Chase is hurt.

Indazone
03-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Chase is fine. He'll play today against Miami. Adleman said he was also going to run Patrick Patterson at SF a bit.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7492064.html

Pelicans78
03-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Rockets have a chance, but its going to be hard since the Hornets have the tie-breaker over them. They can't afford to lose more than 2 more games.

djohn2oo8
03-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Lol Pussy ass Rockets. Lottery bound, yet still think they're relevant. Eat shit djohn... you baby gook.

I will not welch, tee hee

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I hope not. I would rather play the Hornets (even before West went down) than the Rockets.

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2011, 12:24 PM
I hope not. I would rather play the Hornets (even before West went down) than the Rockets.

Why?

Harry Callahan
03-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Me too. I think Memphis will get to the 7th spot and it would not surprise me if NO drops out with West being gone.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Why?

Because the Hornets aren't that good. They are the least scrappy team, don't have many offensive weapons overall and I think their defense is a bit overrated by Hornet fan.

While West/Paul is a great combo, I don't fear them at all.

Fpoonsie
03-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Because the Hornets aren't that good. They are the least scrappy team, don't have many offensive weapons overall and I think their defense is a bit overrated by Hornet fan.

Please let that happen. Please.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh, and probably the biggest reason is that NO has a shit coach. :lmao not playing Thornton.

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2011, 12:53 PM

Houston gives up 10+ pts more a game than NOH. They're absolutely atrocious on defense. NOH has scrappy players in Okafor, Landry, and Ariza. The Rockets have scrappy players too, but not many on the defensive end.

If West was still in the picture than the Hornets would definitely be a tougher matchup. The Spurs have scored 124, 108, and 115 pts against Houston this year. Contrast that with 90, 109, 109, and 72 against NOH.

Fpoonsie
03-27-2011, 12:53 PM
DPG...subtle...goods...are you guys trolling me by accusing me of trolling? :lol...usual...

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Regardless, West is gone so this debate is for shit at the end of the day

djohn2oo8
03-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Houston gives up 10+ pts more a game than NOH. They're absolutely atrocious on defense. NOH has scrappy players in Okafor, Landry, and Ariza. The Rockets have scrappy players too, but not many on the defensive end.

If West was still in the picture than the Hornets would definitely be a tougher matchup. The Spurs have scored 124, 108, and 115 pts against Houston this year. Contrast that with 90, 109, 109, and 72 against NOH.

Ariza would singlehandedly lose them that series with his chucking alone. Since Brooks and Battier were traded, we've been playing ALOT better defense. The reason our D was so bad before was that Adelman would be too loyal to the veterans, Battier who lost a step, Miller who lets guys drive by him at will, just as Brooks did. Budinger has also progressed on D, and even stick man Martin as well. The team is still offense oriented, but they can play D with guys like Hayes, Patterson, Lee, Lowry, T-Will if he eve r got off the bench. Sure we can't match their size, but they can match the hustle better than NO can

DeadlyDynasty
03-27-2011, 01:10 PM
I agree that the Rockets are a tougher matchup than the West-less Hornets. W/ West however, that's not the case.

cherylsteele
03-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Grizzlies 9-7 since All-Star Break
Rockets 12-3 since All-Star Break
Suns 9-8 since All Star Break

Rockets are either a) way over their heads or b) are one of the hottest teams in the NBA right now.
Maybe a little of both A&B perhaps?
Props to them though.

redzero
03-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Oh, and probably the biggest reason is that NO has a shit coach. :lmao not playing Thornton.

Didn't you say that you were unsure if Thornton could play well for a winning team? What made you change your mind?

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Nothing. But he clearly should have played on NO as they are a bottom dweller in the playoffs for the West.

redzero
03-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Why should he have played Thornton then if the Hornets are a bottom feeder? I don't know why you're criticizing Monty Williams for not playing Thornton, when you appear to have the exact same opinion on Thornton as Williams does.

hitmanyr2k
03-27-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm a Rocket fan tonight. Beat the Heat!!

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Why should he have played Thornton then if the Hornets are a bottom feeder? I don't know why you're criticizing Monty Williams for not playing Thornton, when you appear to have the exact same opinion on Thornton as Williams does.

No, I don't have the same opinion. Saying "I'm not sure if he can do it" is not the same as a coach not playing him over guys that clearly can't do it. I think Thornton has shown enough to warrant a chance in NO, but the shitty coach didn't play him.

What I am not sure of is if he can be a contributor on a winning team because I haven't seen it. I have seen that he has enough talent to warrant a chance. Especially when Bellineli and Willie Green are in front of you :lol

Annoying Mav fan
03-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Why is this shit up for debate? Of course the #2 seed Rockets are gonna make the playoffs. Rocket fans wouldn't be dumb enough to say shit and not back it up.

redzero
03-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Oh, I agree with you that he should have played over Belinelli and Green. I don't understand why it's such a big deal that Williams didn't play Thornton, if the Hornets are a bottom feeder and you are unsure if he can turn that around in the first place. If Thornton was traded from a winning team like Chicago, I would see your point. But not giving him a chance on a bottom feeder team is supposed to be laughable? Do you think it was possible for him to make the Hornets a winning team?

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Oh, I agree with you that he should have played over Belinelli and Green. I don't understand why it's such a big deal that Williams didn't play Thornton, if the Hornets are a bottom feeder and you are unsure if he can turn that around in the first place. If Thornton was traded from a winning team like Chicago, I would see your point. But not giving him a chance on a bottom feeder team is supposed to be laughable? Do you think it was possible for him to make the Hornets a winning team?

The Hornets are a winning team. I said they are a bottom feeder "playoff" team. Meaning, they make the playoffs, but have no real shot at anything. It's not a "big deal" and it's not like Thornton has enough upside to make them a legit contender. But that is not/was not the point. The point was that Monty is not a good coach. Not only do the Hornets have a mediocre team, but they have a bad coach that doesn't/didn't maximize what they do have.

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 04:34 PM
The Hornets are a winning team. I said they are a bottom feeder "playoff" team. Meaning, they make the playoffs, but have no real shot at anything. It's not a "big deal" and it's not like Thornton has enough upside to make them a legit contender. But that is not/was not the point. The point was that Monty is not a good coach. Not only do the Hornets have a mediocre team, but they have a coach that doesn't/didn't maximize what they do have.

http://therookiewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Tiago-Splitter.jpg

redzero
03-27-2011, 04:35 PM
One of your reasons why Monty Williams is a bad coach is because he didn't play Thornton, correct? That's what you posted. Apparently, it's a big enough deal for you to bring it up as a reason why Williams is a bad coach.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 04:37 PM

Spurs best record in the league and 4 titles with their coach. If NO had the best record and didn't play Thornton, you would have a point. As things stand, you don't.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 04:38 PM
One of your reasons why Monty Williams is a bad coach is because he didn't play Thornton, correct? That's what you posted. Apparently, it's a big enough deal for you to bring it up as a reason why Williams is a bad coach.

:lol You can try and argue semantics all you want. He is a bad coach and not playing Thornton is a main reason why. While that decision didn't cost them a title because they had no chance at that anyways, it did cost them possibly a round or maybe two in the playoffs.

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Spurs best record in the league and 4 titles with their coach. If NO had the best record and didn't play Thornton, you would have a point. As things stand, you don't.

You're a smart guy...you know Pop's refusal to play him will be the Spurs undoing against LA. You've alluded as much in the Spurs forum.

Let us proceed...

redzero
03-27-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm not arguing semantics. You are laughing at Williams for not playing Thornton and claiming that it isn't a big deal at the same time. If the decision to not play Thornton is the difference between being knocked out in the first round or being knocked out in the conference finals, then it obviously is a big deal.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 04:42 PM
The Spurs, with or without Tiago, don't stand a real chance against LA. That doesn't change with or without Tiago. Not playing Tiago won't be the reason the Spurs don't advance in these playoffs.

That is one minor mistake amongst a bunch of great ones for Pop. Pop is the COY :lol Your argument is silly.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm not arguing semantics. You are laughing at Williams for not playing Thornton and claiming that it isn't a big deal at the same time. If the decision to not play Thornton is the difference between being knocked out in the first round or being knocked out in the conference finals, then it obviously is a big deal.

It's not a big deal because the Hornets are a non-issue. It is a big deal when you are looking at NO in isolation and evaluating them.

I guess when I say a big deal I am referring to title aspirations. With or without Thornton, NO had ZERO chance. So in that regard it's not a big deal.

It is a big deal in evaluation the team and their coach and their ceiling.

cherylsteele
03-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Not playing Tiago more during the regular season could come back and haunt the Spurs for sure, I think Coach Pop is great coach but he does make decisions, like many others, that make you scratch your head.

I have said this quite bit, that Tiago is underrated; like Fabricio was, he is just more athletic, his offensive game needs alot of refinement though and I think the coaches know this and will work with over the off season.....I hope.

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 04:47 PM
The Spurs, with or without Tiago, don't stand a real chance against LA. That doesn't change with or without Tiago. Not playing Tiago won't be the reason the Spurs don't advance in these playoffs.

That is one minor mistake amongst a bunch of great ones for Pop. Pop is the COY :lol Your argument is silly.

Thibs is COY, tbh.

In only limited time Splitter has shown the ability to defend some of the better PF's in this game (LA, Pau, etc). The Spurs undoing in the playoffs will be a weak frontcourt. Thus we can deduce: A battle-tested Splitter = much better chance of winning in the playoffs.

You all were blinded by the fool's gold record, and Pop couldn't see the forest from the trees. I'm sure there's a few more mixed metaphors I could throw in there, but whatevs...

redzero
03-27-2011, 04:49 PM
How many teams are truly "contenders"? If a team "stands no chance" against the defending champs, can they be called contenders?

If the Hornets were a non-issue when Thornton was being played and a non-issue now that he's gone, I don't see what the problem is. The ceiling is a zero titles with Thornton and zero titles without, according to you, so it's not like the decision to let him sit on the bench is so laughable.

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Not playing Tiago more during the regular season could come back and haunt the Spurs for sure, I think Coach Pop is great coach but he does make decisions, like many others, that make you scratch your head.

I have said this quite bit, that Tiago is underrated; like Fabricio was, he is just more athletic, his offensive game needs alot of refinement though and I think the coaches know this and will work with over the off season.....I hope.

This. He is great, but he is not w/o fault. The underdevelopment of Splitter this season is directly his fault.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Thibs is COY, tbh.

In only limited time Splitter has shown the ability to defend some of the better PF's in this game (LA, Pau, etc). The Spurs undoing in the playoffs will be a weak frontcourt. Thus we can deduce: A battle-tested Splitter = much better chance of winning in the playoffs.

You all were blinded by the fool's gold record, and Pop couldn't see the forest from the trees. I'm sure there's a few more mixed metaphors I could throw in there, but whatevs...

No. Pop is. I'll make a wager with you if you'd like? Splitter has shown nice ability. You talking about Pop's coaching is laughable. 4 rings, *aggot. Remember. Took a team that looked dead and leads them to the best record in the league. Even if it is an inflated record (which you couldn't argue due to their SOS, win % against +500 teams, yada yada), it would still be an elite record.

Spurs likely aren't beating LA with or without Tiago. Would I like to see Tiago play? Sure. But I also understand that we aren't going to have a better front line than LA even with him, so you have to beat them another way: Get hot from 3 and spread the floor. Is it a strategy that you can rely on? Nope, but it is the right thing to do. It is how you can beat LA.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 04:53 PM
How many teams are truly "contenders"? If a team "stands no chance" against the defending champs, can they be called contenders?

If the Hornets were a non-issue when Thornton was being played and a non-issue now that he's gone, I don't see what the problem is. The ceiling is a zero titles with Thornton and zero titles without, according to you, so it's not like the decision to let him sit on the bench is so laughable.

:lol Semantics. You are trying to shift the focus of the argument to arguing semantics about whom is a contender and focusing on whether or not it fits some definition of "big deal".

The decision in isolation is laughable, but it wouldn't have made them a contender. It could have meant advancing past the first round though. So it just depends on what you consider a big deal.

Monty sucks. Sorry.

hitmanyr2k
03-27-2011, 05:00 PM

Popovich could take lessons from coach Thibs on developing a big man over the course of a season. Omer Asik started out a flat out rookie scrub his first couple of months. He was a soft finisher at the rim and made dumb fouls often from being out of position. Despite all that Thibs kept giving him consistent playing time on the 2nd unit throughout the season and he's made tremendous improvement and learned how to play "big" in the NBA. Now he's altering and blocking shots, dunking with authority in the paint, and hustles for everything. Asik's confidence is up and he gives the Bulls depth if Noah or Taj get in foul trouble. I no longer cringe when he comes in the game.

redzero
03-27-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm not saying that Monty sucks or does not suck. I'm not saying that Thornton can help a winning team or not.

You are uncertain that Thornton could contribute to a winning team. You also believe that it is laughable that Thornton wasn't given playing time on a winning team. I am trying to understand how one could believe the former and the latter at the same time.

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 05:02 PM
No. Pop is. I'll make a wager with you if you'd like? Splitter has shown nice ability. You talking about Pop's coaching is laughable. 4 rings, *aggot. Remember. Took a team that looked dead and lead them to the best record in the league. Even if it is an inflated record (which you couldn't argue due to their SOS, win % against +500 teams, yada yada), it would still be an elite record.

I won't bet on that. Pop will probably win and I'm not completely against that. I just feel that Thibs should win COY, but he won't for a couple reasons:

1) Pop and the Spurs
2) Derrick Rose will get the MVP (garnering all the Bulls' media attention).

Spurs likely aren't beating LA with or without Tiago. Would I like to see Tiago play? Sure. But I also understand that we aren't going to have a better front line than LA even with him, so you have to beat them another way: Get hot from 3 and spread the floor. Is it a strategy that you can rely on? Nope, but it is the right thing to do. It is how you can beat LA.

You just contradicted yourself in the very next sentence. Developing Tiago earlier in the year would've made him more comfortable in the system, helped his conditioning, and given him time to learn the NBA game. Without all that you will have a nervous big coming off the bench in the playoffs and likely getting into foul trouble. It's an age-old addage, but "you can't coach size."

Relying on penetration and kick-out to help you get past the Lakers is not the right thing to do. Unfortunately for you--because of Pop's stubbornness--it's now the ONLY thing they can do.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm not saying that Monty sucks or does not suck. I'm not saying that Thornton can help a winning team or not.

You are uncertain that Thornton could contribute to a winning team. You also believe that it is laughable that Thornton wasn't given playing time on a winning team. I am trying to understand how one could believe the former and the latter at the same time.

Because they aren't mutually exclusive like you are trying to make it out to be. Not knowing, and not deserving a chance to prove it are two different things entirely. That is how.

Monty does suck. You can say it.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 05:07 PM
I won't bet on that. Pop will probably win and I'm not completely against that. I just feel that Thibs should win COY, but he won't for a couple reasons:

1) Pop and the Spurs
2) Derrick Rose will get the MVP (garnering all the Bulls' media attention).

Well than Pop is the COY like I said and you'd be wrong :lol

You just contradicted yourself in the very next sentence. Developing Tiago earlier in the year would've made him more comfortable in the system, helped his conditioning, and given him time to learn the NBA game. Without all that you will have a nervous big coming off the bench in the playoffs and likely getting into foul trouble. It's an age-old addage, but "you can't coach size."

Relying on penetration and kick-out to help you get past the Lakers is not the right thing to do. Unfortunately for you--because of Pop's stubbornness--it's now the ONLY thing they can do.

It is the right thing to do, because (and I am a huge Tiago fan) even if Tiago would have played all year, the Spurs front line would not out do the Lakers'. They can't beat LA by trying to match up with them spot for spot, the only chance is to run and gun and play some defense. That is what they do.

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 05:10 PM

Popovich could take lessons from coach Thibs on developing a big man over the course of a season. Omer Asik started out a flat out rookie scrub his first couple of months. He was a soft finisher at the rim and made dumb fouls often from being out of position. Despite all that Thibs kept giving him consistent playing time on the 2nd unit throughout the season and he's made tremendous improvement and learned how to play "big" in the NBA. Now he's altering and blocking shots, dunking with authority in the paint, and hustles for everything. Asik's confidence is up and he gives the Bulls depth if Noah or Taj get in foul trouble. I no longer cringe when he comes in the game.

Good points. Asik looked like a complete euro-tard for most of the year--and at times he still does--but Thibs gave him valuable minutes, even while chasing a conference crown and it's paid dividends. He gives the Bulls good minutes and will only improve. Pop had no reason not to do this with Splitter--especially since he's had a more comfortable lead in the standings too.

Yet another reason why Thibs would get my vote if I had one.

hitmanyr2k
03-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Bulls having the first seed in the East = Thibs coach of the year. The Spurs aren't finishing as strong as they should.

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 05:12 PM

It is the right thing to do, because (and I am a huge Tiago fan) even if Tiago would have played all year, the Spurs front line would not out do the Lakers'. They can't beat LA by trying to match up with them spot for spot, the only chance is to run and gun and play some defense. That is what they do.

The Spurs can play penetrate and kickout all day, but why not have a couple reliable low-post options? The 3's have a tendency not to fall over a 7 game series. These are facts.

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Bulls having the first seed in the East = Thibs coach of the year. The Spurs aren't finishing as strong as they should.

Plus Thibs is doing this while competing with 2 (maybe 3) other elite teams in his conference. The Spurs only threat in the West is LA.

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 05:14 PM
and Thibs is not coaching playoff-tested 3-time champs...He's got youth at all positions, and has had to deal with lenghty injuries to Booz and Noah. Pop's boys have been injury-free till lately

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 05:15 PM
:lmao

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 05:16 PM

That remains to be seen. :lol

You never cave in, no matter how wrong you are. I love you, man. No homo.

redzero
03-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Okay, I'll say it: Monty sucks for not playing Thornton. I have been critical of him for the entire season for not playing Thornton, so it's not like I was ever on his side on this matter to begin with.

How many players "deserve" a chance anyway? Look at almost every team in the league, and you will find fans complaining that a player whom they think can change the game isn't getting a fair shot. Look at playoff teams, too. The difference between you and me is that I think Thornton can contribute to a winning team. That's why I don't like Monty's rotations. That's why I don't like him that much as a coach.

Do you think all coaches who don't give players--whose contributions to the team is questionable--chances are bad? That's the last question I'll ask you on this matter.

John Basedow
03-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Okay, I'll say it: Monty sucks for not playing Thornton. I have been critical of him for the entire season for not playing Thornton, so it's not like I was ever on his side on this matter to begin with.

How many players "deserve" a chance anyway? Look at almost every team in the league, and you will find fans complaining that a player whom they think can change the game isn't getting a fair shot. Look at playoff teams, too. The difference between you and me is that I think Thornton can contribute to a winning team. That's why I don't like Monty's rotations. That's why I don't like him that much as a coach.

Do you think all coaches who don't give players chances are bad? That's the last question I'll ask you on this matter.

DPG got you to cave too quickly. You must learn patience. He is wise.

DPG21920
03-27-2011, 05:21 PM

hitmanyr2k
03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Scola and Bosh are putting in work so far.

redzero
03-27-2011, 05:25 PM
DPG got you to cave too quickly. You must learn patience. He is wise.

Here's a post I made in the Landry-Thornton trade topic.

Because Monty Williams doesn't think he fits on the team. Monty thinks that Thornton is a defensive liability, which is retarded because (a) Willie Green and Marco Belinelli suck at defense just as much and (b) Marco Belinelli provides nothing on offense.

Marcus Thornton was a valuable scoring option that Monty seldom used for stupid reasons. He is far better than those two scrubs. For a team that is terrible offensively, it is retarded that Monty refused to play Thornton.

Please, stop making stupid assumptions.

DPG didn't get me to cave, because I already thought Monty was retarded for not playing Thornton.

Pelicans78
03-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Thornton should have been the 6th man, but Belinelli is the better fit as the starter.

redzero
03-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Thornton should have been the 6th man, but Belinelli is the better fit as the starter.

Meh, I would rather have Thornton start.

Pelicans78
03-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Meh, I would rather have Thornton start.

Its debatable, but Marco is a better fit in the starting lineup since he shoots the 3s better, decent ball-handler/passer, and probably a better defender with his height. Thornton would have been a great scoring option off the bench and at the end of games.

Giuseppe
03-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Rockets gettin' wise guyed out of this game.

Ari Gold
03-27-2011, 06:48 PM
rockets at heat, fun game to watch

Pelicans78
03-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Rockets are getting hosed this quarter by the refs.

djohn2oo8
03-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh well, we got fucked but they didn't quit. Somebody really needs to fuck up Wade's knee or something

frodo
03-27-2011, 08:18 PM
not a big deal for the rockets really. teams are wrestling the 8th seed only to get curbstomped by the spurs in the first round. as a rebuilding team the rockets better set their goals on the future years, they have some talented youths and dependable niggas, and will get much better next season if they can make some good use of the 18m cap space the coming summer