PDA

View Full Version : Redskins already going down in flames...

Duff McCartney
06-03-2005, 09:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2075361

MIAMI – Miami-Dade County police were looking Friday for Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor, who they describe as a "person of interest'' in an assault case.

Taylor

"We need to speak to him, we don't know if he's a victim, witness or suspect,'' said police spokesman Mary Walters.

The assault happened Wednesday night and shots were fired, Walters said. No one was injured.

Walters said she didn't have further details and police were still investigating.

Police have not issued an arrest warrant against Taylor.

Earlier Friday, Detective Robert Williams said "a person of interest" means Taylor could be a subject, victim or witness of an alleged crime and that the police department was looking for him.

Taylor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined comment Friday. Taylor and the Redskins didn't immediately return phone messages seeking comment.

Taylor, who wants a new contract, has been working out in Miami despite pleas from coach Joe Gibbs to join the team in voluntary workouts at their home base in suburban Washington. He signed a seven-year, $18 million deal as the No. 5 overall draft pick in the 2004 draft.

The former Miami Hurricanes standout has had a tempestuous start to his NFL career.

He has fired two agents, was fined for skipping one day of the NFL's mandatory rookie symposium and was accused of spitting on a player during a game at Cincinnati, although he was not punished because the league said there was no video evidence.

He was also charged with drunken driving in October, when he was pulled over at 2:45 a.m. after attending a birthday party for receiver Rod Gardner. Those charges were dismissed in January.

---------------------------------------------

TheAdmiral#50
06-04-2005, 01:05 AM
I bet Joe Gibbs hasn't been this frustrated since the time he played Scrabble with Dexter Manley. The only thing that would make this better was if he had TO with him at the time of the crime lol. ;)

King
06-04-2005, 01:56 AM
Not looking good for them:

Citing sources within the Miami-Dade Police Department, Fox Sports Radio's Jorge Sedano reported that Taylor fired shots at the home of people he believed had stolen an all-terrain vehicle of his.

Sedano also reported that Taylor will be charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and will turn himself in to Miami authorities Saturday morning. Sedano made the report on Fox Sports Radio's "Fox GameTime Live" with Craig Shemon and James Washington.

Taylor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, declined comment Friday. Taylor and the Redskins didn't immediately return phone messages seeking comment.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3662672

timvp
06-04-2005, 03:45 AM
Not looking too good for him.

samikeyp
06-04-2005, 10:57 AM
I bet Joe Gibbs hasn't been this frustrated since the time he played Scrabble with Dexter Manley

:lmao :lmao :lmao

StylisticS
06-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Man I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy but WOW. Gibbs probably didn't expect this.

bigzak25
06-06-2005, 10:37 AM
money talks. sean walks. :smokin

but what a dumbass move. :makemyday

crime scene pic courtesy of a cowboy fan named hoods-

"I'm Sean Taylor Bitch!"
http://img252.echo.cx/img252/5655/gtast2od.jpg

jalbre6
06-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Taylor, who wants a new contract, has been working out in Miami despite pleas from coach Joe Gibbs to join the team in voluntary workouts at their home base in suburban Washington. He signed a seven-year, $18 million deal as the No. 5 overall draft pick in the 2004 draft.

The former Miami Hurricanes standout has had a tempestuous start to his NFL career.

He has fired two agents, was fined for skipping one day of the NFL's mandatory rookie symposium and was accused of spitting on a player during a game at Cincinnati, although he was not punished because the league said there was no video evidence.

He was also charged with drunken driving in October, when he was pulled over at 2:45 a.m. after attending a birthday party for receiver Rod Gardner. Those charges were dismissed in January.

He's played one season and he wants a new contract? And he's skipping workouts already in addition to getting in trouble with the law? Old school guys like Joe Gibbs aren't going to put up with shit like this.

I remember watching the preseason last year and thinking he was the probable Rookie of the Year...either him or his Hurricane teammate Kellen Winslow. Then of course Big Ben emerged and the actual DROY was Jonathan Vilma of the Jets, who also was a 'Cane.