PDA

View Full Version : Bright side to losses?

D-rob fan
03-27-2011, 07:38 PM
We have now lost to 3 of the bottom four teams in the west playoff bracket. But maybe this helps these teams stay ahead of NO. That'll give the Spurs an easier first round opponent versus New Orleans without David West. Spurs just gotta make sure they hold on to the 1st seed.

spurspokesman
03-27-2011, 07:40 PM
We have now lost to 3 of the bottom four teams in the west playoff bracket. But maybe this helps these teams stay ahead of NO. That'll give the Spurs an easier first round opponent versus New Orleans without David West. Spurs just gotta make sure they hold on to the 1st seed.

Its slip sliding away fast

Harry Callahan
03-27-2011, 07:41 PM
At this rate SA won't have any players left by the end of the season. Once again, injuries take over.

Proxy
03-27-2011, 07:43 PM
The main thing I've taken from this road trip is that the coaches.... are sucking it up big time. Novak and Bonner are evidently our closers.

Spurs Brazil
03-27-2011, 07:44 PM
There's no bright side. In Denver we could not get a stop. In Portland stupid TOs and tonight killed in the boards. And Bonner playing minutes in the 4th and Tiago on the bench.

If coaches cared about D we could have at least 2 wins in those games. But Bonner needs to be on the floors to spread the court. **** this s***t.

Reck
03-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Lets say Hornets fall to seed 8. What will be the different for the second round? Thunder will own them then.

Spurs are just not ready.

alchemist
03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
there's no bright side, it would be a colossal failure if the Spurs don't get the #1 seed.

Sean Cagney
03-27-2011, 07:47 PM
NO bringt side at all, they are choking away the seed... If they lose that #1 seed season is as good as over, book it.

Budkin
No more "silver lining" threads. We simply can't compete down the stretch under pressure. Not without Timmy anyway. This road trip has been a complete disaster and our lead is close to gone.

Ditty
we'll be fine

I'm worried about tommorow though I hope Manu even Duncan is back :(

Doe
03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
+1 to everything everyone has already said. If this loss allows Memphis to play LA in the first round and really rough them up maybe there's some benefit but not at the expense of losing the first seed.

Hopefully this game gets Hill out of his funk, although winning would've done the same as well.

timtonymanu
03-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Nah, there aren't anymore positives.

We have less than 10 games left and our team hasn't improved. Instead, they have declined.

Ditty
03-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Nah, there aren't anymore positives.

We have less than 10 games left and our team hasn't improved. Instead, they have declined.

when Duncan comes back and we lose 3 in a row, I'll believe this

loveforthegame
03-27-2011, 07:59 PM
No positives. They're mentally weak right now.

I don't see what's going to change in the playoffs no matter who the opponent is.

D-rob fan
03-27-2011, 08:01 PM
when Duncan comes back and we lose 3 in a row, I'll believe this

I agree with Ditty. These three losses have been close and Duncan could have been the difference.

redzero
03-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah, losing to the Grizzlies makes sure that they stay ahead of the Hornets even though they are 1.5 games behind.

Budkin
03-27-2011, 08:06 PM
A Lakers win pushes NO further into the number 8 spot. The sad thing is that they now have a great shot to play them as the number one seed. Ugh.

D-rob fan
03-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Yeah, losing to the Grizzlies makes sure that they stay ahead of the Hornets even though they are 1.5 games behind.

Sorry, should have said better chances to finish ahead of the hornets.

slick'81
03-27-2011, 08:08 PM
right no bright side spurs gave the blazers the game and failed vs denve and mem shit is sad right now

Ditty
03-27-2011, 08:09 PM

strength of schedule for the grizz and hornets, it's more realistic then the Spurs fans on here who think were really going to lose the 1st seed

I rather beat the shit out of this cocky grizz team though

I think New Orleans can match up well defensively with the Spurs, but I think the Spurs offense would be alot better especially without West for the Spurs to win the series if they play

Mugen
03-27-2011, 08:09 PM
the way OKC is playing, i dont know how great that 1 seed is looking in the second round :lol

Budkin
03-27-2011, 08:12 PM
the way OKC is playing, i dont know how great that 1 seed is looking in the second round :lol

Yeah but this is assuming we meet the Lakers in the WCF. Without HCA we literally have no chance to beat them. It's not like we have much of a chance anyway.

Ice009
03-27-2011, 08:13 PM
No bright side at all as far as overall team goes. Kept making the same mistakes over and over again. They haven't learned a thing really.

George Hill's play tonight is the only good thing from this road trip.

Splitter I can't even grade because he never played in the 4th quarter of any game. The only thing you can say is incomplete when trying to grade him thanks to the moron coaching crew.

Mugen
03-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah but this is assuming we meet the Lakers in the WCF. Without HCA we literally have no chance to beat them. It's not like we have much of a chance anyway.

My point is that i think the Thunder have a better chance of knockin out the Lakers than Dallas does....

Id still prefer the Spurs to hold onto the 1 seed which i think they will.

slick'81
03-27-2011, 08:16 PM

no shit especially with that ibaka/perkins frontline

jay_shs
03-27-2011, 08:34 PM
no shit especially with that ibaka/perkins frontline
Thunder up 14 at halftime atm against a very strong Blazer unit.

TampaDude
03-27-2011, 09:22 PM
The Lakers will be tied with us in the standings when we meet them on April 12th. The Lakers will win that game easily, and the Spurs' collapse will be complete. It will happen. Book it.

Budkin
03-27-2011, 09:32 PM
The Lakers will be tied with us in the standings when we meet them on April 12th. The Lakers will win that game easily, and the Spurs' collapse will be complete. It will happen. Book it.

You may be anti jinxing still, but in our current situation I have a feeling this is going to be the case.

TampaDude
03-27-2011, 09:33 PM
You may be anti jinxing still, but in our current situation I have a feeling this is going to be the case.

Nope...no anti-jinxing...that's what's gonna happen. :toast

spurtech09
03-27-2011, 09:39 PM
so when do you think the spurs will win another game

KaiRMD1
03-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Now this is cause for a Spurstalk meltdown

Sean Cagney
03-27-2011, 10:33 PM
I hate reading some of this in here becuase some may be true :( The last LA game would be scary as well, but it could happen. Spurs would blow this shyt, Hope not but they would do it in epic proportion if anyone would.
Only Dallas or someone like that would be capable of this, but the Spurs could be just like them soon.