PDA

View Full Version : Don't Understand Why We Brought Tiago Over

Jahivah
03-27-2011, 07:41 PM
He might as well have stayed in Europe and "Improved" his game.
The guy goes out and plays solid minutes then gets rewarded by being benched for the entire second half whilst Matt Bonner gives up bucket after bucket.

Why did we even bring him over?

ElNono
03-27-2011, 07:42 PM
He needs a season to get over himself...

4>0rings
03-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Pop?

Zelophehad
03-27-2011, 07:43 PM
lol your coaches think bonner is better than Splitter

Proxy
03-27-2011, 07:44 PM

:depressed

jag
03-27-2011, 07:46 PM
He's just not ready yet...

I guess

Josepatches_
03-27-2011, 07:46 PM

We could trade him for Cardinal

wunderkindepiphany
03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
I have a feeling Pop would have went to him in the fourth today, but Bud played conservative and shied away from Tiago tonight.

Zelophehad
03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
We could trade him for Cardinal

Saying that your coaches are as retarded as Rick Carlisle really proves a point.

Capt Bringdown
03-27-2011, 07:58 PM
He might make a mistake or two. Unacceptable.

Josepatches_
03-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Saying that your coaches are as retarded as Rick Carlisle really proves a point.

That's what i'm saying

Josepatches_
03-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Months ago a lot of people here don't believe in Tiago.
At least he's proving what we knew in Spain.He's good enough to play in the NBA. I hope he can play in the Spurs and he doesn't have to go elsewhere.

To me the worst isn't what we saw today or the previous game
.Sad is that he could have helped us a lot of more this season if he had played since November and now his confident would be bigger so he would be a better help to Tim in the playoffs.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-27-2011, 08:12 PM
rent a coach bud if your listening do not apply for head coach job!!!! you are the exact replica of coach pop nelson Dantonie which is a worthless coach. pop wasted a year of tiagos nba life for bonner screwing our season!!! wooohoooo "in pop i distrust"

silverblk mystix
03-27-2011, 08:14 PM
I have a feeling Pop would have went to him in the fourth today, but Bud played conservative and shied away from Tiago tonight.

FUCKIN' BULLSHIT...

How many fuckin times are people gonna give POP the fuckin' benefit of the doubt....:bang:bang:bang:bang

Pop is a stupid stubborn fuckin coach and he will NOT get his head out of his ass...

what the fuck makes you think THIS game was the one where Pop was going to fuckin' wake up?????:bang:bang:bang:bang

SenorSpur
03-27-2011, 09:15 PM
He's just not ready yet...

I guess

Bonner has been a Spur for 4-5 years now? He's still not ready - and he never will be.

mingus
03-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Bonner has been a Spur for 4-5 years now? He's still not ready - and he never will be.

the thought that Bonner could potentially be with the Spurs for 8 years when it's all said and done makes me want to pull my hair out. basically a career Spur. don't you have to not suck to stay in one location your whole career?

objective
03-27-2011, 09:45 PM
It's all about "The Grudge".

Does anyone hold a grudge like Pop? Egan and Ian be rolling over in their grudged graves.

Could this be a double-up grudging?

1. The backlash for not signing in 2008. Pop's making him pay.

2. The "Mav-signing to screw the Spurs" formula. Many people have a hunch a big part in the Mavs getting Brewer was just to keep him from the Spurs. The Spurs did this, but to Caja Laboral instead. Getting Splitter to screw over Vittoria must feel great.

futureAE
03-27-2011, 09:49 PM
splitter was getting abused yet again on defense, which is supposedly his strength

not as bad as mcdyss, blair, and bonner. :nope

duncan228
03-27-2011, 09:49 PM
...Many in Spurs Nation were wondering where Tiago Splitter was in the fourth quarter of the Memphis loss. With Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol imposing their will inside, some figured it was a good time to get the rookie forward some on-the-job learning in a tough situation. I think that Budenholzer — and by extension, Popovich — did the right thing by keeping Splitter on the bench. Nothing could have been as damaging to Splitter’s fragile confidence than too much Z-Bo and Gasol down the stretch. It was a wise move as they prefer Gasol to learn to crawl rather than running and tumbling against a difficult matchup.

Five quick takes: Budenholzer again shows strongly in emergency (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/27/five-quick-takes-budenholzer-again-shows-strongly-in-emergency/)
Tim Griffin

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/27/five-quick-takes-budenholzer-again-shows-strongly-in-emergency/

mingus
03-27-2011, 09:53 PM
"fragile confidence" yeah, let's build up his confidence by not playing him. who the fuck pays this writer? Popabitch?

Ice009
03-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Five quick takes: Budenholzer again shows strongly in emergency (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/27/five-quick-takes-budenholzer-again-shows-strongly-in-emergency/)
Tim Griffin

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/27/five-quick-takes-budenholzer-again-shows-strongly-in-emergency/

Spin control.

Hey Tim Griffin no one gives a fuck what you think. Another weak ass reporter bending over for the FO.

ElNono
03-27-2011, 09:55 PM
But his fragile confidence wasn't a factor when when he had 5 consecutive DNP-CD...

Nothing like building confidence watching your team lose from the bench...

Tim Griffin FAIL

hommeaetage
03-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Is this writer serious?? "Fragile confidence" is the best he could come up with?

Ice009
03-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Tim Griffin you are a fucking pussy. I won't be reading anymore of your trash.

Hooks
03-27-2011, 10:14 PM
splitter was getting abused yet again on defense, which is supposedly his strength

No he wasn't, he started off very well and picked up 2 ticky tac fouls and proceeded to stay foul free while contesting shots, he couldn't be as physical on D at all but still did a good job.

cube1980
03-27-2011, 10:15 PM
"Fragile confidence" ???
If Tiago's confidence is so fragile, why we brought this guy here?? He was Spanish League MVP, wasn't he?
Nice try, Tim Griffin, but fail

objective
03-27-2011, 10:15 PM
ACB MVP and Champion with "fragile confidence"?

LOL

Express News, bought and paid for. Can't really hold it against Griffin though. If any EN writer ever had a clue or some courage he'd get O'Keefe'd.

hitmanyr2k
03-27-2011, 10:16 PM
I said it in the NBA forum...Popovich could take lessons from coach Thibs on developing a big man over the course of a season. Omer Asik started out a flat out rookie scrub his first couple of months. He was a soft finisher at the rim and made dumb fouls often from being out of position. Despite all that Thibs lived with his mistakes, kept giving him consistent playing time on the 2nd unit throughout the season and he's made tremendous improvement and learned how to play "big" in the NBA. Now he's a damn good position defender, alters and blocks shots in the paint, dunks with authority, and hustles for everything. Asik's confidence is obviously up and he gives the Bulls good minutes and depth on the bench if Noah, Boozer or Taj get in foul trouble. I no longer cringe when he comes in the game.

JustinJDW
03-27-2011, 10:27 PM
I didn't see the Memphis game, but was he really benched the entire 2nd half?

Ice009
03-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I said it in the NBA forum...Popovich could take lessons from coach Thibs on developing a big man over the course of a season. Omer Asik started out a flat out rookie scrub his first couple of months. He was a soft finisher at the rim and made dumb fouls often from being out of position. Despite all that Thibs lived with his mistakes, kept giving him consistent playing time on the 2nd unit throughout the season and he's made tremendous improvement and learned how to play "big" in the NBA. Now he's a damn good position defender, alters and blocks shots in the paint, dunks with authority, and hustles for everything. Asik's confidence is obviously up and he gives the Bulls good minutes and depth on the bench if Noah, Boozer or Taj get in foul trouble. I no longer cringe when he comes in the game.

I watched the Bulls game yesterday and was impressed with Asik, well maybe not so much yesterday, but over the last few weeks I've been surprised at what he can do. He did everything you just said.

Derek Rose was AMAZING deep in the 4th quarter of that game last night.

Capt Bringdown
03-27-2011, 10:40 PM
"Fragile confidence?"

Tim Griffin has been a journalist for 29 years working at a variety of newspapers and websites, including more than 24 years at the San Antonio Express-News.

More like fragile sportswriter who can't make it out of the bush leagues.

ploto
03-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Nothing could have been as damaging to Splitter’s fragile confidence than too much Z-Bo and Gasol down the stretch. It was a wise move as they prefer Gasol (sic) to learn to crawl rather than running and tumbling against a difficult matchup.

Right on cue...

ElNono
03-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Can't blame them though... Not gonna keep your job for long if you talk shit about the organization that feeds you... Even more so when they're the only game in town...

crc21209
03-27-2011, 10:57 PM
It HAS to be a CIA Pop ploy, theres no other explanation for it. Maybe he doesnt wanna show his secret weapon against a possible playoff opponent....

Cessation
03-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Pop chose to develop blair for the season, instead of splitter. So he could bench him come playoff time. That makes sense, I guess.

Sean Cagney
03-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Pop chose to develop blair for the season, instead of splitter. So he could bench him come playoff time. That makes sense, I guess.

Nope it does not make sense at all, but hey it's POOP!!!!!

SenorSpur
03-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Tim Griffin

Bullshit!

If Splitter does, in fact, have shaky confidence, I'd rather take my chances on him versus a proven mental midget, like Bonner. At least Splitter plays with a fair level of aggression and activity.

If coach Bud wanted to make a statement, he would've ignored his instincts to think like Pop and elected instead, to go with the more productive player. Also, he should've called more plays for Hill, who was obviously wearing out the opposition.

As for the Randolph connundrum, the Spurs would be wise to adopt the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mantra. Go get this guy in the offseason and install him next to Tim in the lineup. He's a beast, and the rest of the NBA is virtually powerless to stop him. He'd make a great partner for Tim's waning years.

spursince#99
03-28-2011, 02:51 PM
if he would have been working on his FUCKING perimeter shooting before his arrival he would have recieved plenty playing time!!!

hitmanyr2k
03-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I watched the Bulls game yesterday and was impressed with Asik, well maybe not so much yesterday, but over the last few weeks I've been surprised at what he can do. He did everything you just said.

Derek Rose was AMAZING deep in the 4th quarter of that game last night.

I think Asik really earned his stripes against Dwight Howard and his confidence has been sky high since. He bodied up on Howard, was really physical, took a couple of charges and he didn't let him have any easy catches in the paint. At one point Howard got pissed and threw down a thunderous dunk on Asik and I expected him to curl up and die :lol but he shook it off and came right back at Howard as if nothing happened. That told me a lot about the kid.

I don't expect him to be the 2nd coming or anything lol. The Bulls just need him be a presence and play "big"....clog the paint, alter/block shots, rebound, make guards think twice about coming in the lane. He's now an asset off the bench with the 2nd unit who are more stifling defensively than the first unit.

silverblk mystix
03-28-2011, 05:46 PM
He might as well have stayed in Europe and "Improved" his game.
The guy goes out and plays solid minutes then gets rewarded by being benched for the entire second half whilst Matt Bonner gives up bucket after bucket.

Why did we even bring him over?

Silly,

he was brought over only as INSURANCE against a Bonner injury and once in a while to spell Bonner some minutes to keep Bonner fresh for the playoffs.

Why can't you silly posters see this?

Cessation
03-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Silly,

he was brought over only as INSURANCE against a Bonner injury and once in a while to spell Bonner some minutes to keep Bonner fresh for the playoffs.

Now you thinking like pop!

Brazil
03-28-2011, 06:05 PM
lol KBP being totally ignored

silverblk mystix
03-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Now you thinking like pop!

:toast

Live by the Bonner....

die by the Bonner...:toast

hommeaetage
03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Silly,

Shouldn't that be in blue?

2Cleva
03-28-2011, 07:17 PM
SA's early success was fool's gold that Pop, the team, and the fans fell for.

They knew they needed Splitter starting off but the small ball approach had so much success they stuck with it, instead of thinking about what kind of ball works best in the playoffs, and that's whats key for a championship - not the reg season.

Post Feb - it's too late to change the identity of a team and still make it champion worthy. So they rode it out.

Capt Bringdown
03-28-2011, 07:22 PM
SA's early success was fool's gold that Pop, the team, and the fans fell for.

They knew they needed Splitter starting off but the small ball approach had so much success they stuck with it, instead of thinking about what kind of ball works best in the playoffs, and that's whats key for a championship - not the reg season.

100% correct.

ChumpDumper
03-28-2011, 07:22 PM
lol lakerfan cares.

Rummpd
03-28-2011, 08:08 PM
It is sublime after the way he has played defense that he rides the bench but we are not geniuses like Pop. Remember he is the smartest man going with the Russian spy intelligence stuff and people like me who went to medical school and graduated with honors can't complain as Pop knows all. Sigh.

DMC
03-28-2011, 08:58 PM
This. Once he changes the self portrait on his phone wallpaper to one of the Spurs team, things might change.

Rummpd
03-28-2011, 09:03 PM
The guy is a NBA ready center he is dominating the Portland front line period.

Knoxxx
03-28-2011, 09:26 PM
I felt along he just needed to see more minutes to get into the flow better. As soon as I saw him put a body on Pau Gasol and disrupt his offense I knew we had a keeper. At this point only thing missing is protect the rim more and get some blocks! His position D is nice, but at some point you just have to cap somebody's @$$ when they come flying in for a dunk so they think twice about doing that again!

Hooks
03-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Splitter needs to be in the game RIGHT FUCKING NOW.