PDA

View Full Version : What Did Pop See?

PopRocks
03-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Pop gets tossed in the 2nd QTR and watches the remainder of the game in the locker room on the TV feed.

A little different in-game perspective than what he usually has.

What about this team did Pop see and what will he do about it?

timtonymanu
03-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Pop: I thought Bonner did good on Gasol. Gasol just made his shots.

ElNono
03-27-2011, 08:03 PM
No call on Tony, IIRC. But I think he was trying to fire up the team... the problem is that if you roll out guys like Matty out there, you're gonna be soft no matter what...

Ice009
03-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Maybe getting Pop to watch the game on TV lets him see if from our perspective. Maybe he has learned Bonner should never be used in crunch time. Maybe he has learned that small ball defense really does outweigh the offense he gets from it.

Maybe the fucker went out to dinner and didn't even watch it and decided he'll start Bonner next game.

Ice009
Maybe getting Pop to watch the game on TV lets him see if from our perspective. Maybe he has learned Bonner should never be used in crunch time. Maybe he has learned that small ball defense really does outweigh the offense he gets from it.

Maybe the fucker went out to dinner and didn't even watch it and decided he'll start Bonner next game.

futureAE
Pop: I thought Bonner did good on Gasol. Gasol just made his shots.

Everyone JUST makes their shots against Bonner. His defense isn't bad, it's that just looking at him gives you confidence in your shot. Example he has no shot blocking ability on any big. So they know they have a shot no matter what. Takes the pressure off if you think about it that way...

Ice009
03-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Everyone JUST makes their shots against Bonner. His defense isn't bad, it's that just looking at him gives you confidence in your shot. Example he has no shot blocking ability on any big. So they know they have a shot no matter what. Takes the pressure off if you think about it that way...

Like I said players attack bonner like a wild animal attacks a freshly killed carcass. They are just ripping flesh off bone anytime bonner guards them.

Bonner has no instincts and the offensive player basically plays with the PUREST instinct I have ever seen when Bonner is guarding them.