PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Manu?

SinBAD
03-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I missed the game.Why didnt Manu play in the 4th?Is he hurt?

futureAE
03-27-2011, 08:07 PM
left thigh contusion

Budkin
03-27-2011, 08:13 PM
This season is crumbling before our eyes. Goddamit!

ElNono
03-27-2011, 08:15 PM
According to the grizzlies announcers, he got injured while flopping...
But when Sam Young went down, it was an accident...

Josepatches_
03-27-2011, 08:20 PM
how many days?

Budkin
03-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Without him and Timmy tomorrow there's no way we beat Portland. Things just keep getting worse. The only positive before playing Boston is that they have 3 days rest before the game.

duncan228
03-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Hit the link for the whole piece.

Ginobili’s status in doubt after leg contusion (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/27/ginobilis-status-in-doubt-after-leg-contusion/)
Jeff McDonald

..."At first, when I came to the bench, I thought I was going to be OK,” Ginobili said. “Then it stiffened up. I can’t put my full weight on it.”

...The injury, centered just above Ginobili’s left knee, is not considered serious, but it is considered painful. It is not immediately clear how long Ginobili might be unavailable to the Spurs, who are already playing without captain Tim Duncan.

..."I’ll get some rest and some treatment, and then we’ll see how it feels tomorrow,” Ginobili said.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/27/ginobilis-status-in-doubt-after-leg-contusion/

LakerHater
03-27-2011, 08:27 PM
I doubt he"ll play tomorrow,........... Now Spurs are fucked!

Juggity
03-27-2011, 08:28 PM
The only positive before playing Boston is that they have 3 days rest before the game.

Well, that and Boston sucks more than we do now.

loveforthegame
Pop will surely hold him out tomorrow. Let him have that 3 days of rest and reload against Boston.

sribb43
left thigh contusion

At least you guys arent the mavs

alchemist
03-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I doubt he"ll play tomorrow,........... Now Spurs are fucked!
I doubt it, I have a feeling the Spurs will win out the home games.

Josepatches_
03-27-2011, 08:38 PM
I doubt it, I have a feeling the Spurs will win out the home games.

Me too.
Parker will play a lot better and I'm expecting more big games by Hill.His importance is going to grow without Tim and Manu.

Harry Callahan
03-27-2011, 08:42 PM
That's what he gets for porkin' the pooch & floppin'.

He should act like somebody.

No sympathy for the guy when he gets hurt.

And yet you ask me to chill out in another thread when I wish misfortune on your teams players.

Typical front running lakers fan.

Screw you. No quarter. You'll crawl under a rock if the lakers hit the skids, won't you?

LakerHater
03-27-2011, 08:44 PM

And yet you ask me to chill out in another thread when I wish misfortune on your teams players.

Typical front running lakers fan.

Screw you. No quarter. You'll crawl under a rock if the lakers hit the skids, won't you?
I jus saw that & was thinkin the same Got Damn thing... & they were the ones talking bout Karma, uh-oh!

spurtech09
03-27-2011, 09:28 PM
I had a feeling spurs would lose against memphis....spurs used alot of energy against denver and portland....sucks cause the spurs should of won those 2 games ....what also sucks is manu is now hurt.....things are not looking so good right now....pop should of rest tp and manu...that was my concern...one of the other big 3 getting hurt...:(....spurs have hit a bad luck bug

ALVAREZ6
03-27-2011, 10:57 PM
sweet.

Giuseppe
03-27-2011, 11:00 PM

Not when the fool flops like Manu did.

He got what was comin' to him.

crc21209
03-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Portland sucks major ass on the road, and we know how good the Spurs are at home, so hopefully they can pull one out tomorrow, they need it BAD.

TD 21
03-27-2011, 11:03 PM
What doubt? We all know he's not going to play, because every time someone on this team suffers so much as a paper cut, they're out indefinitely. Yet that puke Bryant can seemingly mess up his ankle, yet not miss a game.

Same shit every year. Every team capable of beating the Lakers either suffers key injuries, a rash of injuries, or makes a trade that will hurt them in the short term, as far as matching up with the Lakers. All the while, conveniently they're healthy coming down the stretch.

Sure, Duncan and Ginobili will be back and likely in short order. But at what cost? In a diminished or tentative state? The rhythm of the team is already off and they (Duncan, at least) won't be in game shape, either.

Fpoonsie
03-27-2011, 11:03 PM

No. I blame him for the turnover, but the injury wasn't his fault.

Giuseppe
03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
What doubt? We all know he's not going to play, because every time someone on this team suffers so much as a paper cut, they're out indefinitely. Yet that puke Bryant can seemingly mess up his ankle, yet not miss a game.

Same shit every year. Every team capable of beating the Lakers either suffers key injuries, a rash of injuries, or makes a trade that will hurt them in the short term, as far as matching up with the Lakers. All the while, conveniently they're healthy coming down the stretch.

Sure, Duncan and Ginobili will be back and likely in short order. But at what cost? In a diminished or tentative state? The rhythm of the team is already off, they (Duncan, at least) won't be in game shape.

Stings, don't it?

kuato
03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Without him and Timmy tomorrow there's no way we beat Portland. Things just keep getting worse. The only positive before playing Boston is that they have 3 days rest before the game.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/forcechoke.jpg

TD 21
03-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Stings, don't it?

At some point, the Lakers run of luck, unprecedented in the history of North American professional sports, has to run out . . .

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to happen in the Bryant era. Another season where it's smooth sailing down the stretch, while their three main competitors are in disarray (third being the Heat; sure they're playing better, but they need a healthy, in rhythm/game shape Haslem to have any chance).

But by the off chance this is finally the year where their luck does run out, rest assured that I'll be there to rub it in you punks faces ad nauseam.

Harry Callahan
03-27-2011, 11:23 PM

Did you see the play? When someone "Flops" they typically get up off the floor.

When Manu turned to face the basket, Gasol for some reason ran up and his knee hit Ginobli's quad and Manu went down holding his leg.

Besides fouling Manu (missed call) Gasol injured the guy. That is not a flop. I hope one of your guys is writhing in pain on the court in the next couple of weeks. I bet you won't be as giddy, will you?

TD 21
03-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Did you see the play? When someone "Flops" they typically get up off the floor.

When Manu turned to face the basket, Gasol for some reason ran up and his knee hit Ginobli's quad and Manu went down holding his leg.

Besides fouling Manu (missed call) Gasol injured the guy. That is not a flop. I hope one of your guys is writhing in pain on the court in the next couple of weeks. I bet you won't be as giddy, will you?

Yeah right. It's the Lakers and it's nearly April. You know what that means? Smooth sailing and unrelenting luck. I'm sure any day now one of the Celtics big four will go down, or one of the Heat's big three or one of the Bulls or Mavs key players or they'll just so happen to draw the Grizzlies, only to have Randolph blow out his knee on the last game of the regular season, etc. Whatever happens, however it happens, you can bet it will go the Lakers way. It always does.

Harry Callahan
03-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah right. It's the Lakers and it's nearly April. You know what that means? Smooth sailing and unrelenting luck. I'm sure any day now one of the Celtics big four will go down, or one of the Heat's big three or one of the Bulls or Mavs key players or they'll just so happen to draw the Grizzlies, only to have Randolph blow out his knee on the last game of the regular season, etc. Whatever happens, however it happens, you can bet it will go the Lakers way. It always does.

Not always. Remember when Magic caught the AIDs?

TD 21
03-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Not always. Remember when Magic caught the AIDs?

That had nothing to do with luck and even if it had, that was almost 20 years ago. Which only goes to further my point.

Harry Callahan
03-27-2011, 11:40 PM
That had nothing to do with luck and even if it had, that was almost 20 years ago. Which only goes to further my point.

Yep. You're right.

When their roster gets old, some other team mysteriously feels the need to give them a player for less than market value. Funny how that works.

cherylsteele
03-28-2011, 02:17 AM

That injury was not because of a flop, Manu collided w/Marc Gasol and got kneed after Gasol crowded him, it could very well have been a foul on Gasol, but the refs swallowed their whistles.

I hate people who assumed when a player falls down they assume it is a flop, but people like you just like to hate on a player/teamjust for the hell of it, and really have no sportsmanship qualities at all.