PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are DOOMED.

Sigz
03-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Aside from the TD injury, we still have two quality all-stars and a great bench.

Unfortunately, they are playing like complete shit.

Aren't players supposed to be gearing it up for the playoffs? At the rate we're going and the way everyone is playing, we'll be out in round 1.

Don't hate fellers; but this team is just like one of those PHX or DAL teams that are "regular season champs" that choke in the playoffs.

Watch this thread....

ChumpDumper
03-27-2011, 11:06 PM
What if I don't?

Sean Cagney
03-27-2011, 11:07 PM
How about I not watch it and that dyke your avi has and sig and smile! Sorry had to say that bruh lol.

Sigz
03-27-2011, 11:09 PM
How about I not watch it and that dyke your avi has and sig and smile! Sorry had to say that bruh lol.

Sorry feller, I'm not comprehending that part.

Harry Callahan
03-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Hopefully SA will get their key guys back before the playoffs (they should).

With a full roster that is relatively healthy, SA will win in the first round for sure. SA will have HCA for the first two rounds for sure.

I don't see SA losing all three road games to Houston, Memphis or NO. I also don't see any of those teams going 2-2 because they are all mediocre road teams.

These losses need to have a big "*******" attached to them for the obvious reasons.

Neither Duncan nor Manu are going to miss the playoffs because of these injuries. With everyone available, the Grizzlies will not look as formidable. In addition, SA will hopefully come to their senses and put additional size out there with Splitter and Duncan on the floor at the same time for stretches. I think their height and length could make it tougher for opponents inside.

Sean Cagney
03-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Sorry feller, I'm not comprehending that part.

Okay she is cool and I am sorry to lay into her, just mad as hell we lost again bro :( I am all over now, drunken and mad lol. She is not that bad, but not sexy to me at all sorry :( NOW back to the facts, Spurs are doomed and I can't laugh.

Juggity
03-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Calm down, Timmy is important, when he comes back we go back to being a 60+ win team

duncan228
03-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Do you find it shocking Spurs would lose three close road games to playoff teams without Tim Duncan? Because I don't.

Sure makes the Western Conference race awfully dicey, though.

Sean Cagney
03-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Calm down, Timmy is important, when he comes back we go back to being a 60+ win team

WHEN THE FLYING 747 fuck is that though bro? SHIT we need him now, wish he would be back tomorrow, but thats not reality.

admiralsnackbar
03-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Given the chicken little rancor after the past 2 losses, the quiet in here is a little, uh... disquieting.

Are people finally being cool, or is SA gonna be like Jonestown tomorrow?

Mugen
03-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Given the chicken little rancor after the past 2 losses, the quiet in here is a little, uh... disquieting.

Are people finally being cool, or is SA gonna be like Jonestown tomorrow?

have a sip, bro....

Andrew Cunanan
03-28-2011, 12:34 AM
have a sip, bro....

:lol

analyzed
03-28-2011, 12:48 AM
I guarantee the Spurs will keep home court advantage in the western conference. Unless the Lakers can make up 4 games in the next 5 games, no way we lose hme court. Why 5 games ? Simple, 3 of the last 4 games of the season vs Sacramento, Utah and Pheonix, will all be practically no bearing games for the Spurs opponents, rest assured that their faiths of making the playoff would have all been decided by then. ( if not mathematically at least very improbable, man everyone is already 2 half games off Memphis) with 4 games to go the gap could easily grow to 4.

As for our next 5 games , i simply don't see us loosing to either Houston or Pheonix ( who btw no longer have serious aspirations of making the playoff with just 6 games to go by then)

This might sound like a way of rationalising our defeats etc. but really its just looking at the odds, and at the end of the day, they all even out.
So really mathematically we really have very little chance of not keeping home court advantage. Just don't tell the spurs that. this is stuff not for players to hear, but for fans and anyone who want to analyse their chances.

BlackSwordsMan
03-28-2011, 12:50 AM
forgot they played today

Andrew Cunanan
03-28-2011, 12:50 AM
I guarantee the Spurs will keep home court advantage in the western conference. Unless the Lakers can make up 4 games in the next 5 games, no way we lose hme court. Why 5 games ? Simple, 3 of the last 4 games of the season vs Sacramento, Utah and Pheonix, will all be practically no bearing games for the Spurs opponents, rest assured that their faiths of making the playoff would have all been decided by then. ( if not mathematically at least very improbable, man everyone is already 2 half games off Memphis) with 4 games to go the gap could easily grow to 4.

As for our next 5 games , i simply don't see us loosing to either Houston or Pheonix ( who btw no longer have serious aspirations of making the playoff with just 6 games to go by then)

This might sound like a way of rationalising our defeats etc. but really its just looking at the odds, and at the end of the day, they all even out.
So really mathematically we really have very little chance of not keeping home court advantage. Just don't tell the spurs that. this is stuff not for players to hear, but for fans and anyone who want to analyse their chances.

Reading that just gave me a headache

Mugen
03-28-2011, 12:53 AM
if the spurs go 2-1 in the next 3 games then HC should be locked up in the West. Tough task since HOU is still fighting for a spot.

The next 4 games after that get a little bit easier and Tim should be back. But these next 3 are key.

spurtech09
03-28-2011, 12:57 AM
already?spurs can lose rest of the remaining games.....spurs are still going to make the play-offs

admiralsnackbar
03-28-2011, 12:58 AM
have a sip, bro....

:lol I'm aite.

As much as it'd be a disappointment to lose the 1 seed after all the hard work they put in this season, I've made peace with the idea.

Seriously -- wouldn't you rather have a healthy squad for the playoffs than to rush our stars back on the court, limp into HCA, and watch another depressing 1st or 2nd rd. exit where we couldn't compete? Those get harder to stomach knowing we won't even be in contention in a few years.

Shit... in 5 years that kool-aid is gonna sound gooooooooood. :toast

Sean Cagney
03-28-2011, 01:00 AM
already?spurs can lose rest of the remaining games.....spurs are still going to make the play-offs

If they do that dallas passes them for HC in round two, ughhhhhhh NO! That is NOT GOOD! NOT AT ALL! Which would mean us on the road in round two and WCF IF THEY MAKE IT PAST DALLAS! IF THEY DO THAT it's over, period.

mFFL03
03-28-2011, 01:02 AM
lol spurs

mytespurs
03-28-2011, 01:08 AM
lol spurs

do you :( when you look at your Mavs?

Mugen
03-28-2011, 01:11 AM
:lol I'm aite.

As much as it'd be a disappointment to lose the 1 seed after all the hard work they put in this season, I've made peace with the idea.

Seriously -- wouldn't you rather have a healthy squad for the playoffs than to rush our stars back on the court, limp into HCA, and watch another depressing 1st or 2nd rd. exit where we couldn't compete? Those get harder to stomach knowing we won't even be in contention in a few years.

Shit... in 5 years that kool-aid is gonna sound gooooooooood. :toast

i would like the spurs to be healthy and have HC going into the playoffs like they were in position to do a week ago....

but i agree that i'd take health over home court anyday.

The last 3 games have been extremely competitive and the Spurs have actually been in control up until the last couple of minutes. This team is obviously gassed so i'm just hoping they get a little break before the real season begins.

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2011, 01:22 AM
EAD clown, already in panic mode

mytespurs
03-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Aside from the TD injury, we still have two quality all-stars and a great bench.

Aren't players supposed to be gearing it up for the playoffs? At the rate we're going and the way everyone is playing, we'll be out in round 1.

Don't hate fellers; but this team is just like one of those PHX or DAL teams that are "regular season champs" that choke in the playoffs.

Watch this thread....

Yep, Spurs should just tuck their tails in, forfeit the rest of the season and the playoffs and sit in a corner and wonder what could've been in 2011 :p: :lol

Unlike those phx or Dal teams, at least we've won rings. This Spurs team isn't as good as those teams but hopefully they'll get over this current "hangover" and make some noise in the playoffs.

03-28-2011, 01:55 AM
this team is declining fast at probably the worst part of the season. meanwhile, the lakers are peaking right now. not a good combination.

Ice009
03-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Sigz, u certainly are a dyke lover ;).

Sean Cagney
03-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Sigz, u certainly are a dyke lover ;).

I ssid this to him, he did not understand it, but you put it plain as day ICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean Cagney
03-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Postin just to get rid of that 6 number views I had to see that three times in a row and had to post again.

Cessation
03-28-2011, 02:42 AM
I agree, spurs are doomed. Thinking blair and bonner will get a fifth ring was a pipe dream. Splitter looks descent out there, if only he was a priority to develop from start of season, we'd have a chance against the lakers.

lol blair warming the bench, and ginger in slump, with playoffs coming
lol pop coach of the year

analyzed
03-28-2011, 03:00 AM
5 or our last 9 games will be practicaaly no bearing games for our opponents

Phoenix
Atlanta (will take a 4 game swing to move places)
Sacramento
Utah
and Phoenix

We win any of the remaining 4 games (Houston, boston LA,blazers) , were guaranteed Home court, this is assuming of course LA wins all its remaining games.

to many things have to happen for us to lose home court, Simply not happening !

admiralsnackbar
03-28-2011, 03:38 AM
You're aware of spoilers, aren't you? As in the phenomenon in which lottery teams, about to go on vacation, play their asses off to jack their opponent's seeding, reward the home crowd, or just head into summer on a high note?

Atlanta's last two home games are marquee matches against us and the Heat and I can totally see Atlanta playing for the spoiler.

Last game of the season? In Phoenix, where the Suns would love to treat their fans to a replay of last year.

I'm not saying either team will beat us, but I'd hesitate to say they'll just hang out on the court, crack us open some beers, and wish us luck just because the game has no bearing, y'know?

analyzed
03-28-2011, 04:11 AM
Yup I agree anything can happen and we can even lose to spoilers, But I would say this if we can't even beat spoilers when so much more is at stake compared to our opponents then we don't deserve to be considered serious contenders at all.

To be able to win it all, we have to at least show that we can overcome the challenge of winning half of our remaining games. We can't do that then were trully doomed, and we already lost even without the playoffs starting.

You're aware of spoilers, aren't you? As in the phenomenon in which lottery teams, about to go on vacation, play their asses off to jack their opponent's seeding, reward the home crowd, or just head into summer on a high note?

Atlanta's last two home games are marquee matches against us and the Heat and I can totally see Atlanta playing for the spoiler.

Last game of the season? In Phoenix, where the Suns would love to treat their fans to a replay of last year.

I'm not saying either team will beat us, but I'd hesitate to say they'll just hang out on the court, crack us open some beers, and wish us luck just because the game has no bearing, y'know?

DMC
03-28-2011, 11:09 AM

Watch this thread....

The season is very dynamic for all teams. I will just keep rooting for them and take each game as it comes. I don't see any reason to scrap the season from the 1st seed just yet.

bus driver
03-28-2011, 11:16 AM

Watch this thread....

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

get the fuck off the bus :wakeup

:flag:

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
So we lose 3 games and we're doomed?

Kool Bob Love
03-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Is it the playoffs yet?

wontstartdumbthreads
03-28-2011, 11:51 AM

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/135668/Finley_card.jpg

Horse
03-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Doomed? Are you kidding we played three road games against 3 really hot teams who have strong home courts and should have one all 3, on yeah and Timmy's out dumbshit!

Sean Cagney
03-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Doomed? Are you kidding we played three road games against 3 really hot teams who have strong home courts and should have one all 3, on yeah and Timmy's out dumbshit!

That should have won doesn't make me feel any better :( Should be atleast 2-1 and sitting pretty now, hell win ONE of those :depressed:depressed, damn.

spursince#99
03-28-2011, 03:22 PM
yeah...as of now we are doomed...

Sigz
03-28-2011, 03:40 PM

No need to call me names. I tried to keep this civil, but that girl in your picture looks in relation to that white stuff that accumulates to the corner of my mouth when a person is thirsty.

Cessation
03-28-2011, 05:12 PM
No need to call me names. I tried to keep this civil, but that girl in your picture looks in relation to that white stuff that accumulates to the corner of my mouth when a person is thirsty.

I think it might be his mother. Certainly looks old enough.

Personally, I don't think the one in your sig looks like a dyke, by wnba mutant standards, I'd say she's attractive.