PDA

View Full Version : Best Spurs starting lineup or at least a change of pace should be

Rummpd
03-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Duncan
Spltter
Hill
Manu
Parker

Enough size and speed and lots of skill. Would love to see this lineup once before the playoffs.

Manu20
03-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Would love to see duncan and splitter that would be enough for me.

Stringer_Bell
03-28-2011, 10:02 PM
I'd like to see Splitter w/ Duncan too, especially after these last few games, but someone commented that neither of them "spread the floor" or can keep the defense honest. Might have been Pop posting, not sure.

But yea, let Blair/Jefferson/Neal go to town on the other team's 2nd unit. That'd be nice.

TD 21
03-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Duncan can shoot from mid range. You look at the Lakers, do they go, Bynum can't shoot and Gasol only has range to about 17-18 feet, so let's ignore all of their strengths when playing together because of that? No. But as usual, the Spurs think they know better.

Splitter is probably the second best big on the team and he initially should have been groomed to be a 25-30 mpg starter by this point. He'd not only help Duncan out more so than any big has in a long time, but the two of them playing together would make the defense much better.

No surprise that he defends Aldridge so well. That's exactly the type of player I thought he'd thrive against. I suspect he'd do well against Gasol and possibly even Nowitzki, as well. Unfortunately, he hasn't had a chance to guard either, because it makes too much sense.

mingus
03-28-2011, 10:19 PM
it'll definitely be interesting to see how Splitter will do against Gasol or Bynum. not only those guys but Odom as well. i know he has the foot speed to guard Odom, but he might be giving up too much body mass to be able to deny position to Gasol or Bynum. he's still do much better than Bonner or Bliar in defending them though.

spurtech09
03-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I like that line-up

DontStopBelieving
03-28-2011, 10:34 PM
please.

Rummpd
03-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I'd like to see Splitter w/ Duncan too, especially after these last few games, but someone commented that neither of them "spread the floor" or can keep the defense honest. Might have been Pop posting, not sure.

But yea, let Blair/Jefferson/Neal go to town on the other team's 2nd unit. That'd be nice.

Duncan can hit the top of the key jumper and the from the side bank - who the hell needs the three so much!

thOOdee
03-28-2011, 10:38 PM
please let pop see the light

Caeman
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Pop changed a while back. I don't remember when it was, but I remember how it felt when the dumbass started letting himself get dictated by the other teams starting/finishing lineup. Duncan/Splitter inside would be instant improved defense because the easy points come from the paint and we'd improve in that area.

Mugen
03-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Honestly, if we started TD/Splitter with Dice off the bench, and Bonner/Blair depending on the matchups, we'd be co-favorites with the Lakers to come out of the West.

itzsoweezee
03-28-2011, 10:50 PM
That leaves no scoring off the bench. You really think Jefferson going to do anything as the sixth man? I don't.

wunderkindepiphany
03-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Duncan
Spltter
Hill
Manu
Parker

Enough size and speed and lots of skill. Would love to see this lineup once before the playoffs.

Thatd be a pretty tight lineup, I'd like to see that too.

crc21209
03-29-2011, 12:51 AM
That leaves no scoring off the bench. You really think Jefferson going to do anything as the sixth man? I don't.

+1. Leave RJ in the starting line-up and bring Hill and Neal off the bench for some scoring punch....

Ross Parrot
03-29-2011, 01:21 AM
That'll leave a bench without much size. Not sure if that matters when the game keeps going but the only ones that can play the five are Duncan, Splitter, and McDyess.

I'd rather trust the undersized Blair to the starting 4 than giving up size during the flow of the game. Not sure what I'm trying to say. I hope someone understands:wtf

SourCandy
03-29-2011, 01:29 AM
With the way spliiter is playing ..yeah it would be a sight to see both him and duncan start. Won't happen though. Wonder why :lol

mingus
03-29-2011, 03:12 AM
to me it doesn't matter whether it's Splitter or Dice that starts. but one of them has to be the first off the bench. the rotation going into the playoffs has got to be Duncan/Splitter/Dice. if Splitter maintains his level of play and Duncan can be 90% going into the playoffs, that's presumably a very good defensive rotation, one unfortunately we haven't seen nearly enough of and so it's hard to say exactly what to expect from it. chemistry is important and it wasn't developed enough b/w those guys during the course of the season.

Holden_Caulfield
03-29-2011, 03:21 AM
Would love to see duncan and splitter that would be enough for me.

this.

Fireball
03-29-2011, 04:01 AM
As someone noticed during the game thread the Hill/Neal combo does not work very well ... I think Neals swagger diminishes Hills confidence. So perhaps Hill in the starting lineup and Manu with Neal coming of the bench. Other starters should be Timmy, TP, RJ and Tiago or Dice (who starts of these two is not important, but both should have more minutes than Blair/Bonner).