PDA

View Full Version : The Boston Game

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2011, 10:27 PM
This game is going to have awesome implications down the stretch. I really think the winner will use the game as a springboard moving forward, since both teams are struggling pretty badly.

Who thinks Duncan will return by then? I'm thinking it'll be a fully healthy/energized team.

Mugen
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Hopefully, its similar to the Heat - Laker game where the Heat were desperate and came out with a win and have been playing a lot better since.

It's going to be a dogfight on Thursday.

DesignatedT
03-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Everyone returns for Boston and the Spurs win 6 straight starting on Thursday.

Giuseppe
03-28-2011, 10:35 PM
I hope Boston thrashes you within an inch of your lives. Then Houston 24 hours later follows suit.

That'll fix yer fuckin' wagon.

alchemist
03-28-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't think Duncan will play, not even Manu (not much confidence after Pop's post game interview tonight). Parker probably will.

Josepatches_
03-28-2011, 10:37 PM
If Manu and Tony come back I will be enough happy.

TD could rest till the end of the regular season.It's better to have him fully healthy than the 1st seed.

honestfool84
03-28-2011, 10:38 PM

lol... Lakers fan calling anyone a bandwagon fan. :lmao

Caeman
03-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I hope Boston thrashes you within an inch of your lives. Then Houston 24 hours later follows suit.

You moron. We are beating ourselves and because Pop can't fucking coach. It's not like the Spurs are getting blown out. The Spurs dropped two games and the refs gave one game to Denver. Don't get uppity.

baseline bum
If Manu and Tim aren't playing might as well sit Tony too.

Ditty

I hope the Mavs pull a Kobe and Neal on the Lakers

daddy-o

Kori Ellis
03-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Everyone will play, unless they are tanking for a lower seed :lol

Sean Cagney
03-28-2011, 10:42 PM

If they do that after 4 games they blacked out of their mind girl lol........

Buddy Holly
03-28-2011, 10:43 PM
They'll have four days rest including tonight, they'll all play.

spurtech09
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
well sean said that all 3 might play thursday....will see what happens...its crazy that the spurs almost won against portland without the big 3 ....Hope those guys come back thursday cause im getting tired watching the spurs lose

duncan228
03-28-2011, 10:46 PM
I think Duncan is back for this game.

Sean Cagney
03-28-2011, 10:50 PM
well sean said that all 3 might play thursday....will see what happens...its crazy that the spurs almost won against portland without the big 3 ....Hope those guys come back thursday cause im getting tired watching the spurs lose

IT IS NOW time to bring all of them back as I feel they all could play now if they had to, well now is the time! I feel he will see the situation and say well it's time now to play ball! I hope he does and they are ready. We need that win.

Killakobe81
03-28-2011, 10:53 PM
GReat freaking doubleheader if those guys play ...best TNT double header all year that is 4 of the 5 top teams in the NBA (record wise and talent wise) facing each other with HUGE playoff seeding implications ...

Thought the game would mean squat for the Spurs just last week but now it does ...

Doubt Lakers catch SA but at least we making them sweat ...

easy7
03-28-2011, 11:00 PM

Sup bro Cain, why all the hate? :hat

Spursmania
03-28-2011, 11:03 PM

Ain't happening. We'll be back with a vengeance and the guys will be rested. Your precious LA team won't get HCA. :lol

Giuseppe
03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Ain't happening. We'll be back with a vengeance and the guys will be rested. Your precious LA team won't get HCA. :lol

Boston will be rested as well.

Then 24 hours later you have to be in Houston.

It's 6 in-a-row.

Ditty
03-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Pop needs to stop being a faggot, and tell Duncan to grow some fucking balls,and fucking suit up it's fucking Spurs Day shit

:lol

jk

Giuseppe
03-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Sup bro Cain, why all the hate? :hat

Because your Fandom is petty, weak, puny and Suns Fandom like.

Budkin
03-28-2011, 11:07 PM

I still don't get why they would want a lower seed. NO is going to drop into 8th so we'd end up playing Memphis. And no HCA against the Lakers is almost certain doom.

DJ Mbenga
03-28-2011, 11:10 PM
the celtics already beat you guys without kg and perkins and u guys fully healthy. with that said spurs are great at home, gonna be interesting

Kori Ellis
03-28-2011, 11:11 PM
I still don't get why they would want a lower seed. NO is going to drop into 8th so we'd end up playing Memphis. And no HCA against the Lakers is almost certain doom.

Oh, I don't think they would. I just think everyone will be back.

Budkin
03-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Because your Fandom is petty, weak, puny and Suns Fandom like.

Ah come on you know deep down you love us.

Budkin
03-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Oh, I don't think they would. I just think everyone will be back.

For the love of God let this be the case!

duncan228
03-28-2011, 11:21 PM
I still think the Spurs will be fine, once they get everybody back. Could happen as soon as Thursday vs. Boston.

JustinJDW
03-28-2011, 11:28 PM
I think the gang will all come back together for Boston. I hope Timmy comes back, but I can understand if he doesn't. Manu and Tony both should play, since by then they would have like 4-5 days freaking rest. Its time to play though. If they want to keep that seed, then its time to play.

If they don't care about the seed, then rest the fools, but you gotta pick one or the other.

TD 21
03-28-2011, 11:30 PM
No, actually, you don't got to pick one or the other. In this case, you can have your cake and eat it too. This organization just fucks around and thinks they're smarter than everyone else.

You don't see the Lakers sitting anyone out. Bryant messes up his ankle, he doesn't miss a game. Odom claims his shoulder is extremely sore, he doesn't miss a game. Fisher is a geriatric, he doesn't miss a game. A Spur get's a paper cut, they're out indefinitely.

Budkin
03-28-2011, 11:32 PM
If everyone comes back, Boston is in trouble.

Ginobili2Duncan
03-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Even teams like the Spurs can lose confidence at times. Despite the injuries, the way the Spurs have lost the last three out of four games has been alarming. This team needs to start imposing their will while bullying the opposition again.

The Spurs have to take advantage of a Boston team that is clearly down on themselves emotionally after the unexpected departure of Perkins. It is about time the Spurs start gaining confindence beating playoff level competition; not the other way around.

TMTTRIO
03-28-2011, 11:36 PM
I hope Timmy might be able to play along with Tony but as for Manu he should sit out another game or so. We have some players that can fill it up for him while he's out. Besides we all know Manu really struggles when coming back from an injury (even a simple one like this). I'd rather let him have several days of rest.

duncan228
03-28-2011, 11:38 PM
On the timeline to bring back Tim, Manu and Tony - We’ll see how they are tomorrow. Tony will be the quickest coming back, I think. But we’ll just see how it goes.

crc21209
03-28-2011, 11:40 PM
They all HAVE to come back. There's no and's, if's, or but's about it. Four losses in a row is just too damn much for this team. They can't afford to blow HCA now. Even Sean said he would be really surprised to see any of the Spurs on the sideline in a suit come Thursday. And it would be fucking EPIC for me if they all came back, because I'm going to this game damn it...:lol

duncan228
03-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Hit the link for the whole piece.

Spurs’ injured list grows (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/28/spurs%e2%80%99-injured-list-grows/)
Jeff McDonald

..None of the injuries are considered serious, though the timetable to return will vary by player. All four could conceivably play against Boston on Thursday, with McDyess and Parker considered most likely to suit up.

...“If it was a playoff game, Antonio would probably go, and he wants to,” Popovich said before tipoff. “I’m forcing him to sit because it’s a back-to-back and he’s too important for us to be short sighted.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/28/spurs%e2%80%99-injured-list-grows/

jmanu20
03-29-2011, 12:03 AM
the celtics already beat you guys without kg and perkins and u guys fully healthy. with that said spurs are great at home, gonna be interesting

For what it's worth, that game went down to the wire and that was on the end of a back-to-back, with the first game against the Knicks.

duncan228
03-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Quick predicition, based on gut and hearsay: Spurs will be full strength for Boston on Thursday.

crc21209
03-29-2011, 12:10 AM
:tu

timtonymanu
03-29-2011, 12:11 AM
That would be the perfect night to give us Spurs fan some hope again.

Tim, Manu, Tony, and McDyess will come out aggressive. Hill, Neal, and Tiago should help. I'm not even gonna mention that player that wears 24 though.

Budkin
03-29-2011, 12:16 AM
I can't wait to see us back at full strength with the fury of a team that has been denied 4 straight wins they should have had, and a bench that has gained loads of confidence in those 4 games. Celtics are fucked.

JustinJDW
03-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Plus the Celtics have been playing shit lately.

Oh wait a minute, so are we...

crc21209
03-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Plus the Celtics have been playing shit lately.

Oh wait a minute, so are we...

Yeah but they're pretty healthy for the most part, except for Rondo being a little banged up. And Shaq too I guess, but that guy has been out pretty much the entire year...

Fpoonsie
03-29-2011, 12:46 AM
They all HAVE to come back. There's no and's, if's, or but's about it. Four losses in a row is just too damn much for this team. They can't afford to blow HCA now. Even Sean said he would be really surprised to see any of the Spurs on the sideline in a suit come Thursday. And it would be fucking EPIC for me if they all came back, because I'm going to this game damn it...:lol

Isn't it your bday coming up, mang? Is that the occasion?

crc21209
03-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Isn't it your bday coming up, mang? Is that the occasion?

Yup. :) Last year I was lucky enough to have a Spurs home game land on my actual Birthday, against the Magic. And Manu went off for 43 points and the Spurs won. :tu My girlfriend bought me those tickets last year. This year I'm treating myself...:lol Hopefully the Spurs pull out another W this time around, 2 days before my Birthday....

Fpoonsie
03-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Yup. :) Last year I was lucky enough to have a Spurs home game land on my actual Birthday, against the Magic. And Manu went off for 43 points and the Spurs won. :tu My girlfriend bought me those tickets last year. This year I'm treating myself...:lol Hopefully the Spurs pull out another W this time around, 2 days before my Birthday....

That's right. That was the game I was SUPPOSED to go to (the 2nd's my bday, too), but things didn't work out, and my friend and I ended up going to the Memphis game a week or so later...which the Spurs lost. :depressed

Anyways, hope the boys don't disappoint ya.

Sean Cagney
03-29-2011, 12:51 AM

They will do not worry! DO NOT WORRY! They won two titles on my b day in 99 and 05 and I felt it in JUNE! I feel it now, they will win for you bro! God they will!

crc21209
03-29-2011, 12:52 AM
That's right. That was the game I was SUPPOSED to go to (the 2nd's my bday, too), but things didn't work out, and my friend and I ended up going to the Memphis game a week or so later...which the Spurs lost. :depressed

Anyways, hope the boys don't disappoint ya.

Thanks man. :tu Yeah this time around I was looking for a game around my birthday and looked at the Boston game on the 31st or the Phoenix game on the 3rd. But I saw Phoenix in Game 4 of last year's 2nd round series when we got swept...:depressed. So I passed on that one and chose the Celtics game instead...

crc21209
03-29-2011, 12:54 AM
They will do not worry! DO NOT WORRY! They won two titles on my b day in 99 and 05 and I felt it in JUNE! I feel it now, they will win for you bro! God they will!

Thanks man! :toast. I sure hope so. Because they need a win now more than ever....

Fpoonsie
03-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks man. :tu Yeah this time around I was looking for a game around my birthday and looked at the Boston game on the 31st or the Phoenix game on the 3rd. But I saw Phoenix in Game 4 of last year's 2nd round series when we got swept...:depressed. So I passed on that one and chose the Celtics game instead...

:lol It's hilarious/sad that you have more hope against BOS at home than PHO.

Fuckin Dragic...:depressed

crc21209
03-29-2011, 12:56 AM
:lol It's hilarious/sad that you have more hope against BOS at home than PHO.

Fuckin Dragic...:depressed

Well it wasnt really that I had more hope in Boston than Phoenix. It's that I had already seen Phoenix last season already ya know? And I thought it would be pretty cool to see Rondo, Pierce, Allen, and KG go up against our Big 3....

Fpoonsie
03-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Well it wasnt really that I had more hope in Boston than Phoenix. It's that I had already seen Phoenix last season already ya know? And I thought it would be pretty cool to see Rondo, Pierce, Allen, and KG go up against our Big 3....

Ahhh...gotcha.

Well, here's hopin...[fingers crossed]

crc21209
03-29-2011, 01:01 AM
Ahhh...gotcha.

Well, here's hopin...[fingers crossed]

+1. I bought these damn tickets in January when we were rollin' :lol. I never thought this game would have so much more riding on it now with the Spurs struggling so much...

Fireball
03-29-2011, 03:54 AM
I would like to rest Manu either against Boston or Houston ... he needs energy and George Hill has the chance to continue his aggressive play with more minutes

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 07:02 AM
No, actually, you don't got to pick one or the other. In this case, you can have your cake and eat it too. This organization just fucks around and thinks they're smarter than everyone else.

You don't see the Lakers sitting anyone out. Bryant messes up his ankle, he doesn't miss a game. Odom claims his shoulder is extremely sore, he doesn't miss a game. Fisher is a geriatric, he doesn't miss a game. A Spur get's a paper cut, they're out indefinitely.

TD, the goodsPERIOD

Budkin
03-29-2011, 08:13 AM
I would like to rest Manu either against Boston or Houston ... he needs energy and George Hill has the chance to continue his aggressive play with more minutes

Gotta be against Houston... we NEED the Boston game more than anything else.

Fireball
03-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Gotta be against Houston... we NEED the Boston game more than anything else.

I understand this, but one more day of rest could be better for Manu ... lets see what happens

duncan228
03-29-2011, 01:33 PM

Spurs change up practice routine to provide for extra rest (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/29/spurs-change-up-practice-routine-to-provide-for-extra-rest/)
by Tim Griffin

...Getting his team healthy has caused Popovich to slightly tweak his typical workout routine in preparation for Thursday’s critical game against Boston.

Typically with two days before a game, Popovich has liked to work his team out on the first day and then given them rest on the following day to get ready for the game.

But he has departed from that before Thursday’s game. The Spurs rested Tuesday and will now work on Wednesday.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/29/spurs-change-up-practice-routine-to-provide-for-extra-rest/

Budkin
03-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Makes sense... they just played a back to back.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Just more goofy machinations by Pop.

elec99
03-29-2011, 02:36 PM

Giuseppe needs to get laid....

guzmangm
03-29-2011, 03:04 PM
I get the feeling everyone will be back for Boston, the lack of "official" information otherwise, the guys smiling on the bench last night, Popovich's elluding to Duncan out 4-5 games at first, and no one on crutches. That's just the feeling I got last night, after the somewhat absence of panic.

8FOR!3
03-29-2011, 03:05 PM
The part I like is that we're struggling with the same team, they're not. Kendrick Perkins isn't gonna be there when they need him and Carlos Arroyo, Kristic, Sasha, and Troy Murphy are a bunch of white guys who can't play defense.

guzmangm
03-29-2011, 03:22 PM
The part I like is that we're struggling with the same team, they're not. Kendrick Perkins isn't gonna be there when they need him and Carlos Arroyo, Kristic, Sasha, and Troy Murphy are a bunch of white guys who can't play defense.

The only problem with Perkins is he is at OKC now. :wow

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Giuseppe needs to get laid....

A Boston victory Thursday nite would suffice.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-29-2011, 04:28 PM
all i know is they better not let bonner know how close we are to losing our seed he may not even make it on the court, anyway this is a great time for the big three to be leaders and lead the young bucks into the playoffs!!! im stil using last years slogan "come together"!!! lame hahaha

duncan228
03-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Put this is the Duncan thread, thought it should go here too.

Pop says Parker and McDyess good to play vs. BOS. Duncan and Ginobili are possibilities. All 4 practiced today.

Spurs ‘walking wounded’ showing improvement (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/30/spurs-walking-wounded-showing-improvement/)
Tim Griffin

..."They are getting there,” Popovich said. “We’ll just see how everybody looks tomorrow.”

...Duncan has been out for the most time since his injury early in the March 21 victory over Golden State. He has missed all of the games of his team’s recent four-game losing streak.

“He’s close,” Popovich said. “We just have to make a decision on it.”

...Parker said he could have played Monday night in an emergency situation.

“I always trust Pop and his judgment. He’s done that in the past,” Parker said. “I’m definitely going to feel fresh.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/03/30/spurs-walking-wounded-showing-improvement/

kjhip1
03-30-2011, 02:03 PM
So your telling me there's a chance.....

spursince#99
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
wow you guys...i remember a point and time during this season where we were decimating teams whether they were playoff teams or not...and here we are hoping to win while crossing our fingers??? oh ye of little faith...always believe...

TheManFromAcme
03-30-2011, 03:10 PM
i am not up to par with tony's, manu's and Tims injury update but it's my solid hunch that if at least manu plays, all will be well with the spurs. if tony AND manu play, the celts are toast.

i just keep getting this feeling that boston is on the ropes ever since they traded KP and they just haven't been the same. serious chemical inbalance going on there in beantown.

if manu AND tony don't play, along with tim of course, i just don't think the spurs have a chance but hey....being that i really can't stand boston,

here's to ya S.A. :toast ...hope you guys thrash them...

spurs10
03-30-2011, 03:27 PM
If anyone is likely to not go, it will be Manu. He did practice!

Dex
03-30-2011, 06:12 PM
"possibilities?"

Sounds to me like we'll be at full strength tomorrow.

silverblk mystix
03-30-2011, 07:47 PM
A Boston victory Thursday nite would suffice.

The very BEST part of this season so far, is having the front runnin' laker fags and their douche front-runnin' fans so worried because their team is not out in front with the home court and the refs all secured for the playoffs.

Having Lakers fans ROOTING FOR A CELTICS WIN...is a great omen for this season's playoffs and how the front runnin' babied franchise might actually have to work for a chance at a title...this is priceless.

Sorry, Culb....

The Spurs will TOY with you and let you get really CLOSE...only to smash the gas pedal and make you earn it on the ROAD. Have fun getting the shit beat out of you versus Memphis (6 to 7 games)...and if you survive...6 or 7 more games against Dallas...

Tee Hee Motherfucker...

Giuseppe
03-30-2011, 07:56 PM
I smell skunk.

John Basedow
03-30-2011, 08:04 PM
The Lakers had a nice home crowd last game at San Antonio...I'm sure they'd welcome you guys having "HCA."

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 08:07 PM
The Lakers had a nice home crowd last game at San Antonio...I'm sure they'd welcome you guys having "HCA."
The Spurs didn't give the SA faithful a chance to get excited in that one, but make no mistake if we see you in the playoffs this year our voices will be heard!!

Budkin
03-30-2011, 08:08 PM

That won't be the case in the playoffs.

spurtech09
03-30-2011, 08:41 PM
I predict fisher and kobe bryant crying in the play-offs when they go down :)

mando6599
03-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Lakers Crying, Part Deux

I like the sound of that!

LakerHater
03-30-2011, 11:17 PM

fLakers always have a buncha bandwagon t-shirt fans in every arena!

ChuckD
03-30-2011, 11:22 PM
This game is going to have awesome implications down the stretch. I really think the winner will use the game as a springboard moving forward, since both teams are struggling pretty badly.

Who thinks Duncan will return by then? I'm thinking it'll be a fully healthy/energized team.

Boston is struggling. They're healthy. We're banged up. I don't consider a team that had to start 4 reserves and RJ to be struggling.

I'm thinking this is going to be like the last Dallas game for the Spurs: a team with a couple of days off that comes out and dominates.

ChuckD
03-30-2011, 11:25 PM
I smell skunk.

Take a shower or learn to wipe.

TimDunkem
03-31-2011, 12:22 AM
Take a shower or learn to wipe.
:lol

007nites
03-31-2011, 02:59 AM
Timmy will come back and he will post a vintage performance of 21 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4 blocks.

TE
03-31-2011, 03:24 AM
Can't wait for the game. :D

Fireball
03-31-2011, 05:10 AM
Boston is struggling. They're healthy.

Why is Boston healthy? Shaq is out and Jermaine O'Neal will return to the court for the first time in months ... and Rondo is playing with a finger injury (his play in March is way below his averages).

ChuckD
03-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Why is Boston healthy? Shaq is out and Jermaine O'Neal will return to the court for the first time in months ... and Rondo is playing with a finger injury (his play in March is way below his averages).

As you pointed out, they've been gone for months, yet Boston was still challenging for overall record until maybe 2-3 weeks ago when they started this fade.. Their big three is playing every game.

Brazil
03-31-2011, 07:52 AM
we need this game badly

Fireball
03-31-2011, 08:10 AM
As you pointed out, they've been gone for months, yet Boston was still challenging for overall record until maybe 2-3 weeks ago when they started this fade.. Their big three is playing every game.

Nice coincidence there ... both teams big three played (nearly) every game and you can see that fatigue sets in. I have not watched Boston for a while, but I think their stars are missing some energy ... same goes for Manu and Tony.

Again, I do not think the return of Jermaine O'Neal will have any impact on the outcome of the game ...