PDA

View Full Version : sorry, but it has to be said

underdawg
03-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Instead of reduced minutes for players that "don't know Pop's system", how about no minutes for players that "don't have the cajones to win"? Regardless of salary or tenure - if you ain't playing with confidence, it's time to take a seat.

Gary Neal had a bad night tonight, but he still plays with guts every night and he's usually the spark that the Spurs need. He didn't need a year to figure out Pop's system - he just plays with confidence and keeps going game after game.

Jefferson and Bonner should learn from him and they shouldn't get playing time if they don't. I guess it doesn't matter because they have 3 more years to figure it out - right?

NRHector
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
sorry but you're preaching to the choir :depressed

Josepatches_
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Neal has to know when he has to stop.

Puedes poner muchos cojones pero la cabeza es importante

SenorSpur
03-28-2011, 10:43 PM
For that matter, even Novak plays with a fearless level of offensive aggression, that is pleasant to see. Something RJ and Bonner clearly don't have. You can tell that Novak has made big shots before.

itzsoweezee
03-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Come on man, if there's anything that is to be learned from Pop's coaching the last several years, it's that you don't earn playing time based on performance. Otherwise, Bonner, Finley, Mason, Bogans, etc. would've kicked to the pine; it never happened.

xellos88330
03-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Neal did have balls tonight, however, when you are driving the lane against a team in penalty, you draw the contact. There were two drives (I am glad that someone was doing it) in particular that frustrated me that Neal did. On both of those drives, he threw up a wild shot trying to avoid the contact after the big guarding Splitter showed help. If he drove harder, he would have an open Splitter with an easy pass.

I would actually prefer more smarts to balls at this point.

Dr. Gonzo
03-28-2011, 10:50 PM
That will never happen with such that horrible coach Popazit.

DMC
03-28-2011, 10:50 PM
You could see RJ with the "I don't want any part of this" look while the others had the "here's my chance" look.

Bonner had the "oh lookie, a butterfly...hey what's that gurl eating? hahahaha that song is funny" look.

spurtech09
03-28-2011, 11:16 PM
but when bonner is hitting his 3's?people are happy right?lol....

zocool16
03-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Cajones? why do you need drawers to win?

underdawg
03-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Cajones? why do you need drawers to win?

Sorry, cojones - my spanish not so good

underdawg
03-28-2011, 11:31 PM

Yes, you're right and I apologize. Mr. Popovich cannot and will not make any mistakes - to argue such a point is futile and disrespectful.

I'm fully aware that if I were to criticize Popovich, that would automatically mean that I'm saying he's a bad coach and that I could do much better if I was in that position.

underdawg
03-28-2011, 11:35 PM

I have one question for you though - while you were observing the Spurs recent practices, what drills did you see that really helped Tiago out? Kudos to him for the hustle and effort he was able to display in practice that finally gave Popovich enough confidence to give Taigo significant minutes.

zocool16
03-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Sorry, cojones - my spanish not so good

Just messing. Lol. Had to try to make myself and some of us laugh ... It's rough right now.

jjktkk
03-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Neal did have balls tonight, however, when you are driving the lane against a team in penalty, you draw the contact. There were two drives (I am glad that someone was doing it) in particular that frustrated me that Neal did. On both of those drives, he threw up a wild shot trying to avoid the contact after the big guarding Splitter showed help. If he drove harder, he would have an open Splitter with an easy pass.

I would actually prefer more smarts to balls at this point.

Good point, but Neals a sg, so not disappointed he didn't see the potential play.