PDA

View Full Version : The Buses Scam

Marcus Bryant
03-29-2011, 06:32 AM
http://www.amconmag.com/cpt/2011/03/03/the-buses-scam/

Winehole23
03-29-2011, 08:49 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8411336/EU-to-ban-cars-from-cities-by-2050.html

CosmicCowboy
03-29-2011, 09:13 AM
VRWC!

/boutons

boutons_deux
03-29-2011, 09:40 AM
VRWC (auto+oil+rubber+steel companies working in conspiracy) fucking over Human-Americans and America:

in 1923 GM’s Chairman, Alfred Sloan, called a meeting with GM allies such as oil and rubber companies. He said that the automobile market was saturated – unless they could destroy the electric railways. Streetcar and interurban lines offered such a high quality of service, according to Sloan, that people saw little need for a car. But if they could replace the electric railways with buses, people would buy cars. Why? Because travel by bus is so inferior to travel by rail that people would say, “I can’t take this damn thing. I gotta get a car.”
Out of that meeting came the idea of National City Lines, which eventually went around the country buying electric railways, ripping them out and substituting buses. The purpose was not, as sometimes thought, to sell buses. The purpose was to sell cars. And it worked.

===

See the documentary Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Marcus Bryant
03-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Too bad the electric trolley monopoly didn't get to fuck over the people instead, I guess.

Marcus Bryant
03-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Of course, cars aren't that bad of a transportation method, outside of dense urban areas.

Perhaps some aspects of life will be resistant to the rationalist onslaught.

LnGrrrR
03-29-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm very appreciative that Europe are the ones trying these drastic methods of going "green". We can see what works for them and take the best parts.

Blake
03-29-2011, 11:30 AM
who exactly is making the money off this "bus scam"? the auto industry?

I have a hard time believing that buses disappearing would affect an automaker's bottom line.

it also seems to me I constantly read about cities losing money on light rail systems and if there is a mass public transit scam, that would be it.

TeyshaBlue
03-29-2011, 11:45 AM
who exactly is making the money off this "bus scam"? the auto industry?

I have a hard time believing that buses disappearing would affect an automaker's bottom line.

it also seems to me I constantly read about cities losing money on light rail systems and if there is a mass public transit scam, that would be it.

Oh, I think it's completely plausible when you consider this took place in the 20's. Today, not so much.

boutons_deux
03-29-2011, 11:53 AM
"We can see what works for them and take the best parts"

Can? yes. Will? no

UCA never learns anything, absolutely refused to learn from Old Europe, Rummy's condescending lie. Old Europe is a vacation trip for UCA, not an example of how to organize society.

baseline bum
03-29-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm very appreciative that Europe are the ones trying these drastic methods of going "green". We can see what works for them and take the best parts.

LOL... like has happened with health care?

boutons_deux
03-29-2011, 12:29 PM
drastic methods of going "green".

drastic? it's been gradual, and going on for decades.

Unlike the UCA perverted by corporate greed and conspiracy, Europe's govts have been more more responsive to citizens needs and desires, like public transport, safety nets, humane holidays, etc. Much of those benefits, FOR EVERYONE, were won by union pressure, just like in the UCA, but the VRWC has effectively killed unions, and is now actively rolling back the benefits FOR EVERYONE.

LnGrrrR
03-29-2011, 03:14 PM
LOL... like has happened with health care?

Ok... in THEORY that is how it should work...