PDA

View Full Version : Sean please tell Tiago yourself

spurs50_
03-29-2011, 06:56 AM
For the past couple of games I keep hearing Sean saying that Tiago should pick up his arms when defending. I also noticed this. Sean should tell him himself, I'm sure he wouldn't mind hearing any feedback from Sean.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-29-2011, 07:39 AM
i agree and i also have to admit i was wrong about tiago being on the court during the 4th. i said if he was left on the court we would win no doubt but i guess i didnt think we would be missing the big three however i was wrong :(

im still stoked that hes improving, while playing

Ice009
03-29-2011, 07:59 AM
i agree and i also have to admit i was wrong about tiago being on the court during the 4th. i said if he was left on the court we would win no doubt but i guess i didnt think we would be missing the big three however i was wrong :(

Pop bought him in way too late. It looked to me like he was going to do it again and sit him.

I think if Pop played Tiago TD minutes in the 4th we would have had a better chance to win. Not saying we would have won for sure, but I think if he handled the rotation better we might have gotten more stops and won it.

Budkin
03-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Sean can just walk over and tell him :lol

And Saint, it was nothing Tiago did that caused us to lose that game. It was a bunch of rushed, missed shots at the end. He had some huge boards and a nice and one.

Fireball
03-29-2011, 11:07 AM

Tiago playing in the 4th was a good step but only happened because Dice was not available. But Coach Pop immediately made another mistake by letting RJ and Neal play instead of going back to Green and Anderson who played better in my oppinion.

Sean is right that Tiago needs to put his arms up, but to be honest tonight was the first time I noticed it ... normally he does it.

Bill_Brasky
03-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Sean also needs to tell dejuan to dribble the ball one time on the way to the hoop to get an easier shot.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Sean also needs to get that bug outta his ass.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-29-2011, 11:24 AM
yeah for some reason pop could care less if a players 10 for 10 from 3 or anywhere. he'll yank em out as soon as his minutes are up, even if its the 4th and crucial . ive never understood this about pop

me too ! i gotta say im impressed with tiago's boards even I thought he was going to have a tough time W/ the glass. they say he learns really fast, and thats why i hope duncan hands down some knowledge: defensive positioning/bank shot/inside footwork. im sure timmy will do it :)

Isitjustme?
03-29-2011, 12:20 PM

They could have won if Gary Neal could just hit a shot.

boutons_deux
03-29-2011, 01:02 PM
and this hands straight up, picket fence defense at the basket by Matty and Tiago NEVER blocks anything.

Cessation
03-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Splinters improvement has been quite apparent latelly, his rebounding/defence is better, he's flopping around less, and is playing more confidently offencivelly.

wunderkindepiphany
03-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Pop went with the same line up to start the fourth, because they were rolling in the third. You don't pull a lineup that has rhythm or a hot player, thats the basics. I wish he would have subbed in Tiago earlier, but I can understand why Tiago didn't see the floor till basically 6 min left in the game. Still, Pop's approach is sliding furhter in the direction of putting more responsibility on Splitter's shoulders. Its obvious. Fuck Tiago needs to work on his freethrows, though. That shit was ugly.

Pop tends to have faith in his players to play through bad stretches, but we have had so many defensive lapses that its hard for Pop to estimate when to make substitutions now. The inconsistency is killing us. I'm almost certain its a chemistry thing. It was nice to see us finding some rythym last night, even if just for a stretch, because it gives us something to build on. I think Pop sees that playing Bonner can be a liability and has been limiting his time in favor of Tiago.

The benefit of pulling almost all of the starters is that Pop can work out a solid second lineup, as opposed to working in players, here and there, to "fix" the puzzle. There's a lot of people knocking Pop's approach, but he's doing a good job with what his players are giving him. They need motivation, though, for sure and hopefully last night's game makes the bench hungrier.

Danny Green and James Anderson were hustling. Jefferson is playing like he's much too important; he needs to go out there and force the refs to call charges and reach-ins.

Keep this in mind, its important for not only the lineups to find rhythm, but for the substitutions to have rhythm, as well. It gives the players an idea of what their role is.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Danny Green and James Anderson were hustling. Jefferson is playing like he's much too important; he needs to go out there and force the refs to call charges and reach-ins.

Couldn't you put all your thoughts in one post? Or do you see each as stand alone material?

wontstartdumbthreads
03-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Pop went with the same line up to start the fourth, because they were rolling in the third. You don't pull a lineup that has rhythm or a hot player, thats the basics. I wish he would have subbed in Tiago earlier, but I can understand why Tiago didn't see the floor till basically 6 min left in the game. Still, Pop's approach is sliding furhter in the direction of putting more responsibility on Splitter's shoulders. Its obvious. Fuck Tiago needs to work on his freethrows, though. That shit was ugly.

Pop tends to have faith in his players to play through bad stretches, but we have had so many defensive lapses that its hard for Pop to estimate when to make substitutions now. The inconsistency is killing us. I'm almost certain its a chemistry thing. It was nice to see us finding some rythym last night, even if just for a stretch, because it gives us something to build on. I think Pop sees that playing Bonner can be a liability and has been limiting his time in favor of Tiago.

The benefit of pulling almost all of the starters is that Pop can work out a solid second lineup, as opposed to working in players, here and there, to "fix" the puzzle. There's a lot of people knocking Pop's approach, but he's doing a good job with what his players are giving him. They need motivation, though, for sure and hopefully last night's game makes the bench hungrier.

Chomag
03-29-2011, 03:00 PM
^ This is a forum not a chat room. Is it to hard for you to get that all in one post?

wunderkindepiphany
03-29-2011, 03:01 PM
I got it, but thanks. I didnt see each as stand-alone material. I was just typing as the ideas came to my head. I'll consolidate them.

wunderkindepiphany
^ This is a forum not a chat room. Is it to hard for you to get that all in one post?

Not really, but youre a parrot.

8FOR!3
Tiago playing in the 4th was a good step but only happened because Dice was not available. But Coach Pop immediately made another mistake by letting RJ and Neal play instead of going back to Green and Anderson who played better in my oppinion.

Sean is right that Tiago needs to put his arms up, but to be honest tonight was the first time I noticed it ... normally he does it.

This. I don't mind Pop leaving RJ and Neal in though, Neal especially. That was a game where he had to keep shooting and try to find his rhythm. This isn't the playoffs yet. As far as Splitter goes, I kind of think he's hesitant, the guy stands up straight with his arms up and gets a lot of foul calls for it when he's really not fouling.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I got it, but thanks. I didnt see each as stand-alone material. I was just typing as the ideas came to my head. I'll consolidate them.

Are you using this forum as your personal Tweeter?

wunderkindepiphany
03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
You mean Twitter? Nah, I don't subscribe to Twitter. I already explained myself once. On top of that, all of my posts are now consolidated into one, so we really don't have to waste anymore time posting about this. That would be dumb.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-29-2011, 03:22 PM
You mean Twitter? Nah, I don't subscribe to Twitter. I already explained myself once. On top of that, all of my posts are now consolidated into one, so we really don't have to waste anymore time posting about this. That would be dumb.

Far be it from me to add to anything dumb.

I. Hustle
03-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I

I. Hustle
03-29-2011, 03:56 PM

I. Hustle
03-29-2011, 03:57 PM
His

I. Hustle
03-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Obstructed_View
03-29-2011, 04:16 PM

The Spurs gave up most of a 10 point lead before Splitter came back into the game. Momentum was firmly on Portland's side by then, but for the first time in this four game losing streak, the Spurs weren't giving up all of their points on the inside. I don't know if they were doubling Splitter's man or not, someone else will have to go back and watch.

If we're going to have Sean go tell someone to put his arms up on defense, it needs to be Blair, not Tiago. Splitter plays defense like a big, and Blair plays defense like a guard.

DMC
03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Eh the guy had epiphanies. Let him alone. :)

Does anyone here really believe no one has ever told Tiago to hold his arms up when defending, or Blair to power dribble underneath before that move to the rim? It's not in the words, but in the repetition. They need to have time to work on it until it becomes second nature, like RJ sucking cock or Bonner getting raped in the ass by every player on the opposite team.

rr2418
03-29-2011, 05:08 PM

I must be missing something! What's wrong with your posts?

Obstructed_View
03-29-2011, 05:32 PM
I'd prefer four separate posts by a single poster that are relevant to the topic than one complaining about it. If you really want to play junior forum cop, how about taking it to PM? Last I'll say about it for now.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-29-2011, 07:30 PM
I'd prefer four separate posts by a single poster that are relevant to the topic than one complaining about it. If you really want to play junior forum cop, how about taking it to PM? Last I'll say about it for now.

Well....I'm not allowed to PM either. I can't even access my user page.

Strategic
03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Jefferson is playing like he's much too important; he needs to go out there and force the refs to call charges and reach-ins.

I agree with that. Jefferson's roll is just as important as Antonio's if this team advances.

Obstructed_View
03-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Well....I'm not allowed to PM either. I can't even access my user page.

Well you're obviously clever and have made some good contributions. More of those and less of everything else and that should change sooner rather than later.