PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are primed for a strong finish and great start

GrandeDavid
03-29-2011, 09:43 AM
The Spurs are primed for a strong finish to the regular season and strong start to the postseason.

We're all upset, naturally, on the heels of a four game losing streak. I think its safe to say that every negative aspect has been well-covered in the forums over the past week or so. Gut-wrenchingly, the Spurs could've gone 3-1 or maybe even 4-0 over their last four games and been the talk of the L! Instead, they got a donut and four lumps. But at least the Spurs aren't losing due to lethargy or mutiny. Guys are trying, the coach is praising them, and the team morale seems OK judging by the looks of the guys on the bench, the coach's comments, the twitter feeds, etc. Perhaps, as is probably more often the case than not, the Spurs know more about what's going on in their heads and hearts than the fans do.

I think that its important to not only take note that these losses have occurred with Tim down, but also with Tony and Manu dinged up, and again, its not like they’re losing each game by over a dozen. I also think that the rest their veterans are getting will pay huge dividends, starting Thursday. Not only has Tim had nearly two weeks off come Thursday, but Manu and Tony will have had nearly four days, not to mention McDyess. Utltimately its all about being healthy and rested for the playoffs. I'll take my chances that Tim doesn't sprain his ankle again this season.

If you look at the next five games, the Spurs are really set up to start rolling again. I like that the team will be pretty healthy, rested and hungry against Boston, then they hit Houston, which is not intimidating. Afterwards, you’ve got Phoenix at home, then at sliding Altanta and then finishing up with the Kings at home. I see the Spurs realistically winning their next five straight. That should get them fired up and confident for a tough game later in L.A., where the Spurs will obviously have ample motivation to bring it.

Also, its great that every single bench player and their dog has gotten some serious floor burn the last few games. Let’s all talk about team chemistry if the Spurs rip off five plus straight wins and can call on a plethora of guys to step in and fill a role. Yes, Bonner and Jefferson have been awful lately, but better now than early in the postseason. And if they don't show up in the playoffs, maybe some of the other guys who have gotten some recent burn will be ready when called upon.

Finally, frustrating as things are right now and as resurgent as the Lakers are, the Spurs are still the top seed and we fans are ensured of some fun, competitive and meaningful entertainment down the stretch. A couple years from now that might not be the case. The Spurs will be more than fine. Its good that they are definitely well under the radar again. They’re younger, more athletic players are also getting crucial experience to hopefully blend well with the smarts of the veterans.

Weird as it sounds now, as much of a stretch as it may seem, I actually feel good about the Spurs’ prospects and still have a sneaky feeling that we’ll see them still playing in June.

tlongII
03-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Well. That's one way to look at it.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 09:52 AM
we fans are ensured of some fun

Spurs Fandom much like Suns Fandom

GrandeDavid
03-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Well, I guess I prefer optimism over pessimism. In each championship season there were fan meltdowns, and this season is proving to be no different.

Juggity
03-29-2011, 10:13 AM

Except the spurs have won 4 championships since '99, and the Suns, well...:king

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Except the spurs have won 4 championships since '99, and the Suns, well...:king

...O & 43, so why you act their mirror image is beyond me.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-29-2011, 10:29 AM

not really, laker fans dont watch suns games praying and hoping they lose. yeah 4 straight and you still havent caught up, that should tell u something about your team this year :wakeup

Budkin
03-29-2011, 10:42 AM
...O & 43, so why you act their mirror image is beyond me.

Man you are fucking paranoid, posting 10 times in every thread on here.

Halberto
03-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Cully gettin owned by the new guy :tu

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Man you are fucking paranoid, posting 10 times in every thread on here.

I do this everytime you lose 4 in-a-row.

tee, hee.

Horse
03-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Well. That's one way to look at it.
Why do you hate the Spurs? Is it cause we swept you in 99, when you were supposed to win it all?:rollin

Juggity
03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
I do this everytime you lose 4 in-a-row.

tee, hee.

Posts Per Day: 34.98

Every time the spurs lose four in a row? Dawg you post a shitload all the time.

Dex
03-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Culby's just getting his licks now because he knows this will be the most excitement his team will see this year.

Trolls gonna troll.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Every time the spurs lose four in a row?

Yeah, last Spring when the Suns pulled your pants down and then this last quad.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Why do you hate the Spurs? Is it cause we swept you in 99, when you were supposed to win it all?:rollin

No, it's because you closed The Forum down.

NRHector
03-29-2011, 07:28 PM
No, it's because you closed The Forum down.you aren't getting enough attention on the NBA forum so you're bringing your stupid post over here

Russ
03-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Pop is manufacturing adversity like a mad scientist.

Because he knows it's time to get his team in that mindset. And he knows how his team will respond --very well.

Things are shaping up nicely, much better than if the Spurs had cruised to the No. 1 seed with a victory lap.

spurastic
03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
...bla, blad, bad

Shut up, I'm sick of reading your stupid ass posts. On to Ignore!!!!!

ElNono
03-29-2011, 07:36 PM

You got no room... he snitchedPERIOD

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 07:38 PM
you aren't getting enough attention on the NBA forum so you're bringing your stupid post over here

Just take your ass whippin' and shut up.

Win Thursday nite and I'll go back downstairs.

Lose, and you won't believe what'll happen next.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Shut up, I'm sick of reading your stupid ass posts. On to Ignore!!!!!

Last bastion of the thoroughly vanquished.

lmvictoriousao!

Spursmania
03-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Last bastion of the thoroughly vanquished.

lmvictoriousao!

Culby-wtf? You've been quite active lately in the Spurs forum.
Getting your knickerbockers in a bunch all because of our losing streak. You know that's only temporary and about to change this Thursday. :lol

Go back down to the basement where you belong. Imcontrolliano!

TampaDude
03-29-2011, 07:55 PM
No, it's because you closed The Forum down.

Heh...that we did... :hat

Juggity
03-29-2011, 07:57 PM

I was definitely referring to the fact that you post 34 times a day regardless of whether the Spurs win or lose :hat

romsho
03-29-2011, 08:02 PM

Lose, and you won't believe what'll happen next.

You're obviously just an attention starved little douchebag. There is no reason for any of the fans here to go to a Laker Forum..for what? Stir up shit and draw attention to themselves? Seriously, re-evaluate your life. You are one sad little turd.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 08:03 PM
I was definitely referring to the fact that you post 34 times a day regardless of whether the Spurs win or lose :hat

I know. I was just trollin'.

& so what, I like to talk NBA. I enjoy having my balls busted & busting balls. This place is populated by my three favorite Fandoms:::Suns, Spurs, and Lakers. Suns people know their shit inside & out. Spurs people are as touchy as an old cook, and Lakers Fandom is non descript/sans the regulars here abouts.

It don't get better than these Boards, and I'm takin' full advantage of it.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 08:06 PM
You're obviously just an attention starved little douchebag. There is no reason for any of the fans here to go to a Laker Forum..for what? Stir up shit and draw attention to themselves? Seriously, re-evaluate your life. You are one sad little turd.

I won't do Laker Forums. It's my religion.

And frankly, I've been banned from every Board I've ever landed on. Under the considerable aupices of Kor I. Ellis I've found a home here.

What, you can't take a red assin' for losing 4 straight? Ya weak shit, ya.

NRHector
03-29-2011, 08:09 PM

Lose, and you won't believe what'll happen next.you belong downstairs,that's your shithole that you created with your stupid post from you and your sidekicks. The Spurs don't need to win for you to go downstairs that's your place, don't press your luck up here.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 08:12 PM
you belong downstairs,that's your shithole that you created with your stupid post from you and your sidekicks. The Spurs don't need to win for you to go downstairs that's your place, don't press your luck up here.

You don't hold any sway with the Ellis girl, Hector. You ain't her nephew...(by marriage) like Deep is. You don't PM with her like Kool either.

Your mouth is writin' checks yer tight bootie hole can't cash.

NRHector
03-29-2011, 08:13 PM

And frankly, I've been banned from every Board I've ever landed on. Under the considerable aupices of Kor I. Ellis I've found a home here.

What, you can't take a red assin' for losing 4 straight? Ya weak shit, ya.you posted 12000 times and more in the NBA forum of worthless crap over and over of the same shit and now you want to do the same here, 12000 post of worthless crap, get a life

NRHector
03-29-2011, 08:15 PM
You don't hold any sway with the Ellis girl, Hector. You ain't her nephew...(by marriage) like Deep is. You don't PM with her like Kool either.

Your mouth is writin' checks yer tight bootie hole can't cash.I never said I did have a sway, that is not the only way dumbass

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 08:16 PM
you posted 12000 times and more in the NBA forum of worthless crap over and over of the same shit and now you want to do the same here, 12000 post of worthless crap, get a life

Just win Thursday nite and I'll go back downstairs.

But, if the Celtics win, woe be to you.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 08:18 PM
I never said I did have a sway

Apology accepted, but, that is what you intimated, Hec.

easy7
03-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Just win Thursday nite and I'll go back downstairs.

But, if the Celtics win, woe be to you.

Damn culb, what's with the mean streak man? Ever since Che put you in the tree of woe you changed fool. I told you not to take that sucker bet... :lmao

romsho
03-29-2011, 08:20 PM

What, you can't take a red assin' for losing 4 straight? Ya weak shit, ya.

Of course I don't like that they lost four straight, or the injury issue, or any of it. I'm just incredulous to the fact that you care this much to spend a bunch of time on a message board posting about a team that you don't like. Why? If that's fun to you, then hammer away. Just know that you are indeed lame because of it.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Damn culb, what's with the mean streak man? Ever since Che put you in the tree of woe you changed fool. I told you not to take that sucker bet... :lmao

Please.

Che won fair & square. I do think it reprehensible of him to leave me hangin' (naked) on that tree of woe for the entire term of the ELE, instead of granting me relief in a timely manner as I've have done when I was victorious at ELE.

THAT SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold me back, easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Of course I don't like that they lost four straight, or the injury issue, or any of it. I'm just incredulous to the fact that you care this much to spend a bunch of time on a message board posting about a team that you don't like. Why? If that's fun to you, then hammer away. Just know that you are indeed lame because of it.

You don't, but, your brethren do the same to us on the NBA Forum, Rom. When we lost 4 in-a-row earlier your people beat on us for a solid week. Your people had this comin'. Just take it like a trooper. Don't whine. Win Thursday night and everything will be right as the Mail.

Lose, and you'd better get up on that porch with the Magic, Celtics, and womenfolk, cuz Cubby is comin', and he's comin' hard.

Let us proceed...

spurtech09
03-29-2011, 08:27 PM
do people who live in LA say tee hee?whats tee hee lol lmao

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 08:29 PM
do people who live in LA say tee hee?whats tee hee lol lmao

It's a childhood remembrance. A special time in Cubby's life in Cleveland, Ohio.

tee, hee is just the front part of the entire epitaph of (((tee, hee, beezer.))). A beezer was anybody not myself.

easy7
03-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Please.

Che won fair & square. I do think it reprehensible of him to leave me hangin' (naked) on that tree of woe for the entire term of the ELE, instead of granting me relief in a timely manner as I've have done when I was victorious at ELE.

THAT SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold me back, easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree with you man. I was hoping for an early release, even wanted to take cigarette money to you but Che is a mean mofo... Take care, I will leave you and your regulating alone. :lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-29-2011, 08:32 PM
GD...I like your style brother! :tu

spurs10
03-29-2011, 11:42 PM
I agree we are in a great spot to close out the regular season and start the playoffs rested and focused. We will likely look upon this recent setback as a wake up call that brought everyone on the team together for the real show. These extra days of rest and rehab should prove to be very valuable in the weeks to come.

silverblk mystix
03-30-2011, 12:20 AM
It's a childhood remembrance. A special time in Cubby's life in Cleveland, Ohio.

tee, hee is just the front part of the entire epitaph of (((tee, hee, beezer.))). A beezer was anybody not myself.

A true fan would have been a cavs fan if he was born in cleveland...

laker bandwaggoner cocksuckers like you...just jump on the wagon of a team in a city where you are not even from...

Pathetic.

Giuseppe
03-30-2011, 12:26 AM
A true fan would have been a cavs fan if he was born in cleveland...

laker bandwaggoner cocksuckers like you...just jump on the wagon of a team in a city where you are not even from...

Pathetic.

Silv, on the rag once again.:rolleyes

NRHector
03-30-2011, 01:13 AM
You don't, but, your brethren do the same to us on the NBA Forum, Rom. When we lost 4 in-a-row earlier your people beat on us for a solid week. Your people had this comin'. Just take it like a trooper. Don't whine. Win Thursday night and everything will be right as the Mail.

Lose, and you'd better get up on that porch with the Magic, Celtics, and womenfolk, cuz Cubby is comin', and he's comin' hard.

Let us proceed...
stfu!!!! your impersonation of a tough man is not working, everybody in the NBA forum knows that Katie-girl has your testicles hanging from the wall as a trophy so don't try to impress people with your tough act and don't worry about the Spurs just worry about the Lakers :flag:

GrandeDavid
03-30-2011, 06:59 AM
GD...I like your style brother! :tu

The Helicopter is back! Actually you've probably been here but I've been away! I just think it's time the fans get real. People are upset but deep down they know the Spurs aren't a bunch of quitting, fading chumps.

GrandeDavid
03-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Hey Ed, my alma mater, University of Cincinnati, had a player some years ago who might be related to you - Melvin The Levitator Levitt, aka The Helicopter. He won the NCAA dunk contest once by dunking over a golf cart!

Giuseppe
03-30-2011, 07:05 AM
People are upset but deep down they know the Spurs aren't a bunch of quitting, fading chumps.

But, after losing 4 in-a-row twice in the span of less than a calendar year...they ain't sure.

tee, hee.

BillMc
03-30-2011, 08:30 AM
The Spurs are primed for a strong finish to the regular season and strong start to the postseason.

We're all upset, naturally, on the heels of a four game losing streak. I think its safe to say that every negative aspect has been well-covered in the forums over the past week or so. Gut-wrenchingly, the Spurs could've gone 3-1 or maybe even 4-0 over their last four games and been the talk of the L! Instead, they got a donut and four lumps. But at least the Spurs aren't losing due to lethargy or mutiny. Guys are trying, the coach is praising them, and the team morale seems OK judging by the looks of the guys on the bench, the coach's comments, the twitter feeds, etc. Perhaps, as is probably more often the case than not, the Spurs know more about what's going on in their heads and hearts than the fans do.

I think that its important to not only take note that these losses have occurred with Tim down, but also with Tony and Manu dinged up, and again, its not like they’re losing each game by over a dozen. I also think that the rest their veterans are getting will pay huge dividends, starting Thursday. Not only has Tim had nearly two weeks off come Thursday, but Manu and Tony will have had nearly four days, not to mention McDyess. Utltimately its all about being healthy and rested for the playoffs. I'll take my chances that Tim doesn't sprain his ankle again this season.

If you look at the next five games, the Spurs are really set up to start rolling again. I like that the team will be pretty healthy, rested and hungry against Boston, then they hit Houston, which is not intimidating. Afterwards, you’ve got Phoenix at home, then at sliding Altanta and then finishing up with the Kings at home. I see the Spurs realistically winning their next five straight. That should get them fired up and confident for a tough game later in L.A., where the Spurs will obviously have ample motivation to bring it.

Also, its great that every single bench player and their dog has gotten some serious floor burn the last few games. Let’s all talk about team chemistry if the Spurs rip off five plus straight wins and can call on a plethora of guys to step in and fill a role. Yes, Bonner and Jefferson have been awful lately, but better now than early in the postseason. And if they don't show up in the playoffs, maybe some of the other guys who have gotten some recent burn will be ready when called upon.

Finally, frustrating as things are right now and as resurgent as the Lakers are, the Spurs are still the top seed and we fans are ensured of some fun, competitive and meaningful entertainment down the stretch. A couple years from now that might not be the case. The Spurs will be more than fine. Its good that they are definitely well under the radar again. They’re younger, more athletic players are also getting crucial experience to hopefully blend well with the smarts of the veterans.

Weird as it sounds now, as much of a stretch as it may seem, I actually feel good about the Spurs’ prospects and still have a sneaky feeling that we’ll see them still playing in June.
A nice, well-thought-out, articulate thread. A bit of sanity on these boards. Well done and well said. :toast:toast

GrandeDavid
03-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks, Bill!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-31-2011, 05:39 AM

Well said, sir. :toast

I'm not quite as optimistic as you, but I think we can go 4-1 and get back on the rails heading into the playoffs.

Cessation
03-31-2011, 06:49 AM
Increased activity of laker trolls is noticable, can't blame them, since there's a GNSF meltdown after almost every loss.

PublicOption
03-31-2011, 08:36 AM
it starts today......8 games left to settle things down.

Budkin
03-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Wow I just saw this:

@JMcDonald_SAEN

Complicating Spurs' pursuit of 6 more wins and WC top seed: Three sets of back-to-backs in final eight games. #spurs

That is absurd.