PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook or Rajon Rondo???

Ari Gold
03-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Which player would u rather have on ur team?

jeebus
03-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf should've been an option.

Venti Quattro
03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
westbrook on the celtics = unstoppable.

it would take away shots from the big 3 but who cares, westbrook is going to turn out better than rondo if he was put in the C's system

Neo.
03-29-2011, 01:47 PM
depends. they are similar in their scoring skillsets (not great shooters, solid at scoring through penetration), but different in how they run an offense. Westbrook uses his scoring ability to set others up, while Rondo uses smarts and knowledge of offense to set others up.

Venti Quattro
03-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Westbrook's shot has improved significantly imo & iirc. Sure he's not a dead shot but you leave him open and he's going to make the shot

picc84
03-29-2011, 02:04 PM
I know Westbrook is dunking on an open fastbreak, so i'll take him.

Darth_Pelican
03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
I agree that Westbrook is the choice, but your reason for choosing him is the most irrelevant I've ever seen when picking which point guard to choose here.

lefty
03-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Well, they would complete each other.

Westbrook is more of a scoring PG, while Rondo is more a contributor
Rondo can't shoot like Westbrook does, but he is a better defensive player

So, your decision is gonna be based on the guys around them, the system, etc

LnGrrrR
03-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Homer vote. Also, I'm assuming you mean the Rondo of the past year or two, and not the past month or two.

tlongII
03-29-2011, 02:36 PM
I'd rather have Westbrook. The A-hole kills us so we wouldn't have to play him anymore.

hitmanyr2k
03-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Give me the player that works on his game in the offseason and wants to be better. Westbrook, like Rose, locked himself in the gym last summer and worked on his game and it paid off.

Rajon Rondo has known for quite awhile that he has a broke jumpshot, knows he can't shoot free throws, knows he was the weak link last year when defenses sagged off him and dared him to shoot. So what did he do over the summer to improve his weaknesses? Not a damn thing. Rondo should know the "big 3" aren't going to be around forever. There's no excuses for him not to be very much improved by now or at least an average outside shooter.

picc84
03-29-2011, 03:04 PM
I agree that Westbrook is the choice, but your reason for choosing him is the most irrelevant I've ever seen when picking which point guard to choose here.

If my team is down 1 with a minute to go and Westbrook has an open dunk, he's dunking it. Pretty relevant when you pass it back out and your team ends up losing.

I'll take Westbrook over the stat-padding sulker anyday.

Jodelo
03-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Westbrook.

Rondo is a statwhore!

DJ Mbenga
03-29-2011, 03:50 PM
westbrook scares me. rondo not so much just zone off him.