PDA

View Full Version : Baylor, A&M Women Set for Epic Matchup

FoxPerez
03-29-2011, 04:03 PM
From The Daily Six Shooter (http://bit.ly/gdX94m) at PlaymakerOnline.com (http://www.playmakeronline.com/):

Not since Texas played UConn in the 2002 Final Four have I been this excited about a women’s basketball game. Tonight, Baylor and Texas A&M will play in Dallas for the right to go to the Final Four in Indianapolis. It’s the 4th time they’ll meet this season and Baylor has won every time.

The Aggies have only lost five games this season and three of them have been to the Lady Bears and all three were by a combined 12 points. In the NFL playoffs or in college basketball conference tournament, two teams will often meet for a 3rd time and the common expression said before the game when one team is going for a sweep is, “it’s really hard to beat a team three times in one season.” Baylor has already done that, so they should have all the confidence in the world going into this game. But the statistical odds are against them. With so many close games played in this
series already, mathematically A&M is more likely to win this game.

Also consider that the Aggies are playing lights out basketball in this NCAA Tournament, better than any other team including UConn. Their closest game was a 22-point victory over Rutgers in the 2nd round. And while Brittney Griner has had an incredible tournament so far (70 points in her last two games), the rest of the team is going to have to be ready in case A&M can successfully take the ball out of her hands. Danielle Adams has the unique ability to body her up and make her work on offense. And then on the defensive end Adams has a solid jump shot so someone has to stay at home on her so that she doesn’t get the chance to knock down an open three-pointer.

What might drive A&M over the top though is that this is their championship right here. Baylor has been there and done that. They’re not overlooking the Aggies, but getting to the Final Four is familiar to them. The A&M women’s team has never been there before. This is only their 2nd Elite Eight. This fact might hurt them once they get to the Final Four, but right now it’s driving them. And I completely expect the Aggies to play like they want it more than the Lady Bears and get to their first national semifinal.

For more college sports coverage, check out PlaymakerOnline.com (http://www.playmakeronline.com/)
Playmaker Magazine: The Source for Sports in Texas

Sisk
03-29-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm actually watching this. Carter is outscoring Baylor right now and that Griner bitch should've been T'd up.

DMX7
03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Looks like there's a big crowd there. They must be there to see Brian Grinner

Sisk
03-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Looks like there's a big crowd there. They must be there to see Brian Grinner

:lol

Apparently they had to open up some of the upper deck because there was a high demand. Did you hear that bitches interview? Terrifying.

Thompson
03-29-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm actually watching this. Carter is outscoring Baylor right now and that Griner bitch should've been T'd up.

Whoa, watch the language. 'Bitch' implies 'female'.

Sisk
03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Good point.

Thompson
03-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Why is Griner getting the Michael Jordan treatment? Most of the 'fouls' on her haven't been near as bad as the non-calls against our guards.

Thompson
03-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Final Four, next up: Stanford. Gig 'em.

Sisk
03-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Why is Griner getting the Michael Jordan treatment? Most of the 'fouls' on her haven't been near as bad as the non-calls against our guards.

Yeah she really was. Oh well.

Stanford will be pretty tough...

Thompson
03-29-2011, 10:30 PM
I have to admit I know next to nothing about women's college basketball, other than Connecticut is supposed to be practically invincible. Do you think we have a decent shot against Stanford? How much better than Baylor are they?

coyotes_geek
03-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Connecticut is practically invincible.

Stanford beat Connecticut.

Thompson
03-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Connecticut is practically invincible.

Stanford beat Connecticut.

So you're saying there's a chance...

Oh well. Molon Labe!

symple19
03-30-2011, 07:01 AM
Nothing has been, nor will anything ever be epic about women's basketball

Sisk
03-30-2011, 04:55 PM
I have to admit I know next to nothing about women's college basketball, other than Connecticut is supposed to be practically invincible. Do you think we have a decent shot against Stanford? How much better than Baylor are they?

I really have no idea. All I know is that lower seeds have no chance against any top teams unlike the mens tournament.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet a Stanford/UConn final with UConn repeating, tbh.

Obstructed_View
03-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Baylor should have beaten Connecticut when they played earlier this season. That said, Baylor played like utter shit against A&M, so unfortunately the Ags don't have any kind of reliable measuring stick. They played really well though.

BTW, :lol at Aggie fans bitching about the reffing in that game.

Thompson
04-02-2011, 12:35 AM
BTW, :lol at Aggie fans bitching about the reffing in that game.

I've seen Texas fans, Stanford fans and others with the same complaints. I'm not saying all the calls were one-sided in Baylor's favor, but Griner is apparently untouchable, which is odd for a 'big.'

"Any team at this stage will make for a tough game. Perhaps a small bonus for Stanford to avoid the untouchable star, Griner, in the FF. A&M did what they had to do today, get out fast with a big lead early to make the refs irrelevant at the end.

The games are unique at this stage. Each one takes on a life of its own.
The team will need to meet the challenges as they unfold, and make the right adjustments."

(emphasis added)

http://www.thecardboard.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1301456046/0#0

DesignatedT
04-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Nice win vs Stanford. Didn't see that one coming tbh

Obstructed_View
04-04-2011, 02:31 PM
I've seen Texas fans, Stanford fans and others with the same complaints. I'm not saying all the calls were one-sided in Baylor's favor, but Griner is apparently untouchable, which is odd for a 'big.'

"Any team at this stage will make for a tough game. Perhaps a small bonus for Stanford to avoid the untouchable star, Griner, in the FF. A&M did what they had to do today, get out fast with a big lead early to make the refs irrelevant at the end.

The games are unique at this stage. Each one takes on a life of its own.
The team will need to meet the challenges as they unfold, and make the right adjustments."

(emphasis added)

http://www.thecardboard.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1301456046/0#0

Uh, Stanford didn't play Baylor this year. You just quoted a fan on a Stanford message board whining about a potential matchup with Griner. Go back to that same message board today and listen to the fans talking about all the 50/50 calls that went A&M's way.

I'm not saying that the Aggies beat Baylor due to the calls, as the Lady Bears played abysmally in just about every phase of the game, but I'm laughing that Aggie fans would have come out of that game not realizing how many favorable calls they got.