PDA

View Full Version : WOW did anyone just see jim rome??

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-29-2011, 04:03 PM
about 5 min ago jj adande ? i think thats his name, and jim rome said the spurs are done and thats why they didnt jump on the spurs bandwagon because manu and tim are always hurt.

they said the spurs are alright but in no way any match for the lakers!!! the spurs get written off so easy, its hilarious.

they went on to say that pop is probably just like sloan w/the departure of malone. hes done! well jj andande knows this for sure ,because pop has made it very clear to him hes done when tim is done! and counting the days with duncan...

what a bunch of clowns.. i hope some of the young spurs watched this for some playoff fuel!!

crc21209
03-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Jim Rome always has a Laker dick in his mouth, duh...:lol

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-29-2011, 04:07 PM
my thread sounded really shitty sorry guys but if you watch the show its just ridiculous. im wondering if the league has already decided to write the spurs off? i guess im just being a homer but at least they're jinxing the hell out of the lakers

Obstructed_View
03-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Rome and Adande are both Lakers fans. Not surprised. They still seem like they're whistling in the dark, especially if they're hoping for injuries to a team they said wasn't legit when they were healthy.

PM5K
03-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Nobody gets playoff fuel from jim rome..

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-29-2011, 04:12 PM
the mother ship gives everyone in the league respect except the spurs i mean you would think our front office was as dumb as the kNIcks! even though we seem weak to ppl who dont know any better, we still hold the number 1 seed and that should call for minimal respect for god sakes

wontstartdumbthreads
03-29-2011, 04:12 PM
nobody gets playoff fuel from jim rome..

we want thawts
we want thawts
we want thawts

Mugen
03-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Adande used to be a beat writer for the LA Times. Rome is a native Southern Californian so you really shouldn't be surprised.

Not exactly the most unbiased analysts.

Rummpd
03-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Rome is old news & with a tired schick, and you know what happened when the Roman Empire got complacent.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-29-2011, 04:23 PM
oh shit, well my fault for the random thread sorry guys.. i promise i'll think my threads through from here on out!

Budkin
03-29-2011, 04:25 PM
At least we've got JT the Brick on our side! :lol

wontstartdumbthreads
03-29-2011, 04:25 PM
oh shit, well my fault for the random thread sorry guys.. i promise i'll think my threads through from here on out!

that would be drastic measures and unheard of on this forum. But good luck.

DMC
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Jim Rome/JJ Adande do not equate to the "league". If the league were writing off the Spurs, the Blazers would have started their bench last night. Ask coaches if they are writing off the Spurs. That's who counts. Fuck Jim Rome.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-29-2011, 04:31 PM
:lol better than nothing

i swear my threads will at least have a point and different view/angle than anything on the boards :wakeup thats the best i can do sorry

wontstartdumbthreads
03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
:lol better than nothing

i swear my threads will at least have a point and different view/angle than anything on the boards :wakeup thats the best i can do sorry

I tried that but got banned from starting new threads.

DMC
03-29-2011, 04:37 PM
There are some touchy subjects here. One is anti-Spur media yap. It's like nails on a chalkboard, but not because it's against the Spurs. It's not welcomed much because it's beaten to death, resurrected, flogged, raped, driven into the ground, eaten and shit off a cliff. Then it starts over. I think every new poster finds this place to complain about refs or the media's lack of respect for the Spurs.

Talk about Pop's clothes. That will get people going.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-29-2011, 04:47 PM
that makes alot of sense dmc

703 Spurz
03-29-2011, 04:54 PM
about 5 min ago jj adande ? i think thats his name, and jim rome said the spurs are done and thats why they didnt jump on the spurs bandwagon because manu and tim are always hurt.

they said the spurs are alright but in no way any match for the lakers!!! the spurs get written off so easy, its hilarious.

they went on to say that pop is probably just like sloan w/the departure of malone. hes done! well jj andande knows this for sure ,because pop has made it very clear to him hes done when tim is done! and counting the days with duncan...

what a bunch of clowns.. i hope some of the young spurs watched this for some playoff fuel!!

Even if they're right, so what? Life goes on

03-29-2011, 05:30 PM
They are right even if you are still in denial. The spurs will have to prove otherwise in the playoffs. If I had to bet on a team, it would be the lakers. The spurs have consistently flamed out in the playoffs during the last few years.

spurs10
03-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Absolutely! Still love that Jim Everett appearance where he completely kicks his ass on national television. He is weak...:lmao

PDXSpursFan
03-29-2011, 05:41 PM
uczUKTwgqeY

spurs10
03-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks! Never gets old!

Sean Cagney
03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
FUCK JIM ROME LOL, he is a annoying nerd.

bluefoot
03-29-2011, 06:54 PM
At this point, is there any reason to disagree?

The Spurs look like they peaked in November-December which they always talk about peaking in the playoffs. In contrast, the Lakers are defending champs, decidedly won the last game, and are playing very good basketball going into the playoffs.

Tim looks like his wheels are about to fall off and has been horrendous against the Lakers length.

I'm interested to see if the Spurs can even get past OKC at this point. That is a pretty scary matchup in itself.

Is it really a disrespect if you pick against the Spurs? I'd put my money on the Lakers too.

PÒÓCH
03-29-2011, 06:54 PM
First of all, Jim Rome made his reputation in being an A-hole, anyone that listens to his stupid "Jungle" show knows, plus he's a total LA homer, so it's no surprise there.
Small media market such as San Antonio will never get the recognition they deserve from the big city markets because quite frankly, we stand for everything they hate. A hard working, non-flashy, non gossip laden team.
They like the TMZ moments and the slam dunks and the look at me score 50 points by taking 35 shots per game kind of players, and we're certainly not that.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1008/ugly.media-athlete.confrontations/images/jim-everett-jim-rome.jpg

GrandeDavid
03-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Rome forever humiliated by Jim Everrett's effortless takedown of him.

JustinJDW
03-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Rome is just a past his prime asshole that tries to sound edgy and like he knows what he's talking about by talking all loud and using a bunch of 3-syllable words. And Adande rights for the fucking L.A Times and is a L.A reporter.

Couldn't care less what those guys say.

GrandeDavid
03-29-2011, 07:22 PM
And Rome revisits it like "back when I got in a fight with Jim Everrett"....um, Jim-son, you got looked at and cringed to the ground like a baby.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Couldn't care less what those guys say.

:lmao

# 1 Troll
03-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Spuds fans still in denial lololololololololol. faggots were sent to the grave when LA whooped your ass in your own place by 30. Season ovuh

TE
03-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Honestly who cares what this guy says?

BlairForceDejuan
03-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Rome is a schmuck who relies on a bunch of 7$ an hour retards to circlejerk over a smack-off.

brb "I talk to a lot of guys in the biz, and this guy actually means what he says. With him...I believe it. He's one of the good ones."
brb saying this about every guy I interview

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Honestly who cares what this guy says?

:lmao

Spursmania
03-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Like the Spurs really give a shit... Seriously. They're not acceptance crazy or attention whores like LA.

Duncan2177
03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
uczUKTwgqeY

:tu :flag::lobt2:

TampaDude
03-29-2011, 07:59 PM
And Rome revisits it like "back when I got in a fight with Jim Everrett"....um, Jim-son, you got looked at and cringed to the ground like a baby.

Jim Rome got in a fight with Jim Everett like Hiroshima got in a fight with the atomic bomb. :lol

DMX7
03-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Jim Rome is irrelevant. I couldn't care less about him. The L.A. market is the only thing keeping him on the air.

spurtech09
03-29-2011, 08:13 PM
lol jim rome= moron

ALVAREZ6
03-29-2011, 08:41 PM
He's right.

This pussy ass, 3-point shooting injury prone regular season champs team is not going to win a title.

DJ Mbenga
03-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Rome and Adande are both Lakers fans. Not surprised. They still seem like they're whistling in the dark, especially if they're hoping for injuries to a team they said wasn't legit when they were healthy.

actually adande has become on the bigger kobe haters recently. i watched the interview. he basically said he never bought into the spurs because of their up tempo offense, and that doesnt win in the playoffs. injuries have hit them late so limping in doesnt help them. i honestly dont see what was so bad with what he said.

dbreiden83080
03-29-2011, 08:49 PM

LMFAO fight.. If he calls pissing down his leg and cowering up into a little ball a fight then yeah Jim

It was a fight..

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Jim Rome got in a fight with Jim Everett like Hiroshima got in a fight with the atomic bomb. :lol

That video is pretty intense. Nothin' worse than men fist fighting.

TE
03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
That video is pretty intense. Nothin' worse than men fist fighting.

There were no men fighting, but there was a man getting beasted on. After that segment, Rome should have just quit.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
There were no men fighting, but there was a man getting beasted on. After that segment, Rome should have just quit.

Still, it's ugly.

I'll give Rome credit, he recovered nicely to carve out a niche for himself. And unlike say Cowherd, Rome will stay the course on a selection.

Killakobe81
03-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Adande covers the L.A> sports scene but is a "Shaq guy" more than a big Laker fan.

Rome is not a Laker fan ...but much like colin Cowhered and Stephen A ...they love big market cities and stars. Rome used to (dont listen much to him anymore) give Duncan plenty of props when he was in his prime.

Killakobe81
03-29-2011, 09:53 PM
actually adande has become on the bigger kobe haters recently. i watched the interview. he basically said he never bought into the spurs because of their up tempo offense, and that doesnt win in the playoffs. injuries have hit them late so limping in doesnt help them. i honestly dont see what was so bad with what he said.

Not just lately ...he admitted in Simmons podcast and in other interviews that he and Shaq are close. No big deal but you have to take their Kobe comments (like Simmons and Henry Abbott) with a grain of salt ...

Spur fans are even more media sensitive than the homers on LG ...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-29-2011, 10:24 PM

This. Most LA dwellers are quite sure they live in the centre of the Universe. Don't pay them any serious attention.

Greg Oden
03-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Rome is old news & with a tired schick, and you know what happened when the Roman Empire got complacent.

:lmao :lmao

Jim Rome continues to have spurfans number.

Greg Oden
03-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Jim Rome, that guy's retarded :cry Who cares what he has to say sans nationally syndicated radio show :cry

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 10:30 PM
The dude towers over Rome, didn't expect him to call him out face-to-face, and Rome STILL did. A table was flipped over and no punches were thrown, but over the years that's been translated to "Rome got his ass kicked."

Rome went into a fetal position.

Greg Oden
03-29-2011, 10:35 PM
yeah but however spurfan can spin it when Rome calls out their team works for them.

Giuseppe
03-29-2011, 10:43 PM
True, but after a table was unexpectedly flipped right over on him from a behemoth...no punches were thrown and that was that. getting one's ass kicked requires actually suffering a beating.

At the end of the day Rome was right...Chris Evert couldn't cut it. Rome is a radio kingpin...in fact that incident was the highlight of Chris's career

He couldn't very well hit him when he's curled up in a ball, Rein.

Rome recovered.

Everett went on to a serviceable NFL career.

SouthTexasRancher
03-29-2011, 10:48 PM

Wouldn't that be 'SEVERAL' laker dicks in his big mouth? After all the word out there is that laker dicks are itty bitty things.

The ONLY good thing about JRIB is the lead-in music with the drums! Otherwise it is nothing more than typical sissified, girlie boy crap out there in Fah La La Land. :ihit :toast

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 12:04 AM
I honestly had no idea Rome was still on the air. I thought he disappeared after that Jim Everett beatdown and never came back.

Greg Oden
03-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Nice to see you came out from under that rock.

Splits
03-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Jim Rome's radio show is great. Nationally syndicated, loyal following, and he always has big crowds when he does tour stops. His format works. Deal with it.

...and for those calling the Everett fiasco a "fight," you've obviously never been in one. The dude towers over Rome, didn't expect him to call him out face-to-face, and Rome STILL did. A table was flipped over and no punches were thrown, but over the years that's been translated to "Rome got his ass kicked." :cry :cry

One last observation: Look where both their careers were at that point. Now look at where they both are now.

Haters can't dispute the truth I just unloaded on ya'll.

War gnsf butthurtness
War crying about the media

This is about right. I don't listen to Rome any longer, but back when I did he was at the top of his game and doesn't take himself too seriously. And he never failed to give it to LA fail teams in the ass, especially the Dodgers, and the Lakers during their Kobe-lottery years.

senorglory
03-30-2011, 12:43 AM
FUCK JIM ROME LOL, he is a annoying nerd.

I wish he were a nerd, then he might have some type of interesting perspective or detail obsessed revelation, instead it's just more of the same ole same ole. These purposefully abrasive pundits don't get a rise from me, and I wonder how many new or intermittent consumers of media culture there must be for this type of entertainment to continue to find an audience. To sorta borrow a phrase, how much babysitting money is there out there?

cheguevara
03-30-2011, 08:31 AM
2 fakerfans being faker fans. nothing to see here

Harry Callahan
03-30-2011, 09:28 AM
The only Spur contact Rome would have in recent years was Bowen. Why? Because he grew up in Fullerton, CA of course.

greyforest
03-30-2011, 10:13 AM
dOVxitMy47c

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 10:58 AM
dOVxitMy47c

rofl @ Rome getting owned Casey Heynes style

4>0rings
03-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Rome is great to listen to except his interviews. He just schlobs their knob until they get off the air, some more with emaisl saying how great the interview was, then the show goes back to being good after that.

Rome has also said he was an idiot for the Jim Everett deal, said he was sorry and shouldn't of done that. That was when he was young and immature and he owned up to getting his 'ass beat'. His words.

Basketball Power
03-30-2011, 11:25 AM
When the Spurs were HEALTHY, the Lakers fucked them up @ SA

baseline bum
03-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Rome is a ridiculous Laker homer. I remember before the 99 Spurs/Lakers series he said the series would decide the championship and the Spurs had no way to stop Shaq. Then after the sweep it was back to being wide open again. :lol

Nevertheless, it's hard to disagree with him right now. The Spurs season is just falling apart at the wrong time with the injuries, the enormous regression of Jefferson and Blair, and the emergence of March Bonner.

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Nice to see you came out from under that rock.

?

Andrew Cunanan
03-30-2011, 05:01 PM
dOVxitMy47c

Thx for posting, never seen it before.

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Thx for posting, never seen it before.

Its the thing he's most known for.

Andrew Cunanan
03-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Its the thing he's most known for.

Which one?

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Which one?

Getting beat up by Jim Everett.

Andrew Cunanan
03-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Getting beat up by Jim Everett.

Is that what happened? All the video shows is him standing over Rome

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Thats his claim to fame so to speak, at least it what made him famous to most people.

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Is that what happened? All the video shows is him standing over Rome

Well, Everett probably saw him there lying in the fetal position and figured the lesson was learned. I mean whats the point of beating up someone who's too scared to fight back?

Andrew Cunanan
03-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Thats his claim to fame so to speak, at least it what made him famous to most people.

tbh I was unaware of that...He's always on the radio from 12-3 where I'm at, so that's where I heard of him. What's Jim Everett up to these days?

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 05:12 PM
tbh I was unaware of that...He's always on the radio from 12-3 where I'm at, so that's where I heard of him. What's Jim Everett up to these days?

He made him famous...period.

Andrew Cunanan
03-30-2011, 05:16 PM
He made him famous...period.

cool, I was just curious what Everett's doing these days. I honestly haven't heard his name since the phantom sack 20-something years ago

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Bad example. Athletes have a 10-15 year period and thats it except for maybe like Joe Montana or Michael Jordan or something they don't stay famous or in the spotlight for their entire lives. You could say the same thing about Roger Staubach, Rickey Henderson, Mark Messier, etc. No one has seen them in anything in years...

Heck Joe Montana is only barely in the spotlight and thats just for some commercials he does for Skechers.

Andrew Cunanan
03-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Bad example. Athletes have a 10-15 year period and thats it except for maybe like Joe Montana or Michael Jordan or something they don't stay famous or in the spotlight for their entire lives. You could say the same thing about Roger Staubach, Rickey Henderson, Mark Messier, etc. No one has seen them in anything in years...

Heck Joe Montana is only barely in the spotlight and thats just for some commercials he does for Skechers.

Joe Montana
Michael Jordan
Roger Staubach
Rickey Henderson
Mark Messier
Jim Everett

5 of those 6 are World Champions and HOFers. A layperson would know their names. I can't put my finger on the odd man out though...

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Joe Montana
Michael Jordan
Roger Staubach
Rickey Henderson
Mark Messier
Jim Everett

5 of those 6 are World Champions and HOFers. A layperson would know their names. I can't put my finger on the odd man out though...

You asked what he's doing these days thats recognizable. About the same thing as Staubach, Henderson, and Messier...nothing. Besides he had a 11 year career, made the pro bowl, led his team to a conference championship game, threw for almost 35,000 yards and made Jim Rome famous. Not too shabby...

Andrew Cunanan
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
You asked what he's doing these days thats recognizable. About the same thing as Staubach, Henderson, and Messier...nothing. Besides he had a 11 year career, made the pro bowl, led his team to a conference championship game, threw for almost 35,000 yards and made Jim Rome famous. Not too shabby...

Sounds like Rome made him famous too, tbh.

Everett was a poor man's Testaverde

james evans
03-30-2011, 07:22 PM
you're surprised that jim rome is dissing the spurs? hahahah. come on man.