PDA

View Full Version : Should the lakers try to go for the 1 seed? I hope not

turiaf for president
03-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Spurs are struggling and the once insurmountable lead is down to 3.5 games. I dont think the lakers will catch the spurs but should they really go all out for the 1 seed?

1 seed will likely face OKC in the 2nd round. The same OKC team that played the lakers well last year with added beef in the middle. Id rather face the mavs in the 2nd round and see if the nuggets and spurs can take out the thunder. HCA against the spurs would be nice to have should they meet in the wcf but i dont think its an absolute necessity to have HCA in the wcf. as long as the lakers finish ahead of anyone in the east, i think the 2 seed is where they want to stay.

agree or disagree?

Budkin
03-29-2011, 11:57 PM
If I were the Lakers I'd go for it. Not having to play a potential game 7 on the road is huge.

TE
03-30-2011, 12:03 AM
I'd go for it. But that's just me.

^ Budkin hits this point right away.

Who wouldn't want to play a potential game 7 at home?

C'mon.

/thread

Venti Quattro
03-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Having HCA every step of the way is going to big tbh. I don't want to think too much about right now because they still have to fend off Chicago and Dallas. But it but if they get really close then they should grab it by the neck.

Right now 3.5 games back... not that close yet.

KillerMamba
03-30-2011, 12:29 AM
They just need to worry about themselves, not other teams. They'll be fine, either way.

ezau
03-30-2011, 02:05 AM
I think the Lakers shouldn't for the simple fact that they can't catch the Spurs anymore.

PGDynasty24
03-30-2011, 02:10 AM
Just Win and things will fall into place. As Kobe said,this team can win anywhere. In our past 3 trips to finals. We finished denver,utah on the road in 2008. We finished Denver and Orlando on the road in 2009. We finished OKC,Utah and Phoenix on the road in 2010. That is 7/12 series clinched on the road in a 3 year span

ezau
03-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Just Win and things will fall into place. As Kobe said,this team can win anywhere. In our past 3 trips to finals. We finished denver,utah on the road in 2008. We finished Denver and Orlando on the road in 2009. We finished OKC,Utah and Phoenix on the road in 2010. That is 7/12 series clinched on the road in a 3 year span

Your luck is about to run out, son.

Giuseppe
03-30-2011, 06:53 AM

Where's t with his beav, un style?

Koolaid_Man
03-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Spurs are struggling and the once insurmountable lead is down to 3.5 games. I dont think the lakers will catch the spurs but should they really go all out for the 1 seed?

1 seed will likely face OKC in the 2nd round. The same OKC team that played the lakers well last year with added beef in the middle. Id rather face the mavs in the 2nd round and see if the nuggets and spurs can take out the thunder. HCA against the spurs would be nice to have should they meet in the wcf but i dont think its an absolute necessity to have HCA in the wcf. as long as the lakers finish ahead of anyone in the east, i think the 2 seed is where they want to stay.

agree or disagree?

thank god you don't play sports.....Personally I'd prefer to play Portland 1st round, Spurs 2nd, play Dallas in another 2nd round just for shits and giggles :lol and finally OKC in the Conference Finals....that's the way we ride and roll in LA...Laker hearts don't pump no slushy....ya digg

Now let's sing we are the world....:lol

Koolaid_Man
03-30-2011, 07:22 AM
He's one of those, "everyone's a winner and no one is a loser"... kind of Laker fan." King of the house niggas for some time now.

you just gave me a great idea....after the Lakers 3-peat I will use that as a motto to thrash all other fans: Even though we won the title again..."everyone is a winner" ......this shit should go over well....:lmao

turiaf for president
03-30-2011, 09:55 AM
He's one of those, "everyone's a winner and no one is a loser"... kind of Laker fan." King of the house niggas for some time now.

and your still a pussy hiding behind your monitor

easy7
03-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Love to see that Laker fan on Laker fan gratuitous violence. Thanks luba.

JamStone
03-30-2011, 02:42 PM
I think too much is made of resting players to get ready for the playoffs. Health is more important than rest imo, and injuries can happen at any time even if you're resting players and only playing them 20 MPG.

If you're the Lakers, you try to win every game the rest of the way unless it's mathematically out of reach. And if and when that happens, if there are games left, then you rest the starters and key guys the last couple games. But as long as there's a chance, you try to win out.

SourCandy
03-30-2011, 06:19 PM
I just hope the lakers don't burn out pushing it this hard to the end of the season.