PDA

View Full Version : I need a quick answer - school related

The Reckoning
03-30-2011, 08:17 AM
i have an essay due here in an hour and a half in which im just about finished, but the last question is really perplexing me...

"What osteological attributes would you use to determine a prehistoric skeleton's skin and eye color?"

basically, how can you tell from someone's bones what skin and eye color they have?

i cant find this answer anywhere, and im starting to think its a trick question. anybody here know? unless i word it that you can extract dna, but even then thats kind of a stretch...

Lebowski Brickowski
03-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Think geography. What are the unique skeletal attributes of an African, Asian, Northern European skeleton?

The Reckoning
03-30-2011, 08:32 AM
that's what i was thinking. earlier i had to talk about malnutrition like harris lines and enamel hypoplasia, and ossification for age. i was wondering if there was any direct physical evidence for hair and eye color as well, but comparing geography and context is a safe route to go. thanks, i appreciate it.

MannyIsGod
03-30-2011, 10:15 AM
just write that you should judge prehistoric man not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character

:lmao !