Sausage
03-30-2011, 11:05 AM
During hour number 2 (noon hour)

WeaponX225
03-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Jim Rome, BUHHHHHH

alchemist
03-30-2011, 11:42 AM
:nope no thanks, and it's not because of Hill.

boutons_deux
03-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Rome is tabloid trash-talking shock jock, not a serious sports commentator.

greyforest
03-30-2011, 11:55 AM
dOVxitMy47

BackStabber
03-30-2011, 12:12 PM
Love the Rome

Strange Botwin
03-30-2011, 12:23 PM
If you are over 14 years old and like Jim Rome, please never ever be my friend.

JR3
03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Rome is trash. Let me know when Hubie Brown starts his own show.

Drewlius
03-30-2011, 12:55 PM
rome is trash. let me know when hubie brown starts his own show.

+1000000000000000000

Muser
03-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Rome is trash. Let me know when Hubie Brown starts his own show.

That would suck, he'd just say he likes everything.

alchemist
03-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Now, we know that the Spurs are struggling. We know that. They've lost their last 4 games, but they're missing big parts of their teams, and still competting with good teams. Once Duncan gets back the Spurs will return to dominating the painted area.
:lol :toast

Mugen
03-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Now, we know that the Spurs are struggling. We know that. They've lost their last 4 games, but they're missing big parts of their teams, and still competting with good teams. Once Duncan gets back the Spurs will return to dominating the painted area.

"See, I like that."

Greg Oden
03-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Rome > spurfans

Jimcs50
03-30-2011, 01:23 PM
If you are over 14 years old and like Jim Rome, please never ever be my friend.

:toast

SenorSpur
03-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Is it me or does it seem that when the Spurs are struggling, they seem to get more national press than when they're winning.

Case in point: In the past two days, Rome has had R.C. and Hill as guests on both is radio and TV show, respectively.

Case in point: Spurs segments have been featured twice this week on the popular, ESPN First Take's 1st and 10 debate. Over the course of this season, the Spurs have rarely, if ever, been a topic this past season. In fact, it appears that the show's producers were on a Spurs boycott, as they forbade Skip Bayless from even mentioning the Spurs.

Greg Oden
03-30-2011, 01:36 PM
:lmao spur fans bitch about not being in the media's eye and when they finally are, they bitch about that.

Cane
03-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Rome's always had Spurs on there :cry . IIRC he gave some props for Manu's epic regular season play last season specifically that nasty block on KG. I think Jimmy had DeJuan Blair on as well.

gospursgojas
03-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Is it me or does it seem that when the Spurs are struggling, they seem to get more national press than when they're winning.

Case in point: In the past two days, Rome has had R.C. and Hill as guests on both is radio and TV show, respectively.

Case in point: Spurs segments have been featured twice this week on the popular, ESPN First Take's 1st and 10 debate. Over the course of this season, the Spurs have rarely, if ever, been a topic this past season. In fact, it appears that the show's producers were on a Spurs boycott, as they forbade Skip Bayless from even mentioning the Spurs.

Its not just you... :lol good catch. Only time the spurs get any PT on lEbronSPN is when they are struggling

cheguevara
03-30-2011, 02:19 PM
:lmao spur fans bitch about not being in the media's eye and when they finally are, they bitch about that.

:lmao at Rome's dick in Oden's mouth

Greg Oden
03-30-2011, 02:27 PM
gr8 take bro.

lol can't refute what i said

Nick Manning
03-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Just the mention of Jim Rome makes Spurfan soak right through their tampax

dbreiden83080
03-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Hope he knocks Rome out of his chair..

spurs10
03-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Hope he knocks Rome out of his chair..

Everyone that goes on his show should just knock the crap out him...because they can.
Also, what is the deal with these guys, GO, NM, AND JB, that have semi nude dudes as their avatar/sig? Actually that's a rhetorical question....
:flag:

spurtech09
03-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Does anyone have a spurs hater music video....post that bad boy in here...hater are going to hate

wontstartdumbthreads
03-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Does anyone have a spurs hater music video....post that bad boy in here...hater are going to hate

what is that?
I'll check.

spurtech09
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
I meant to put a music video for the haters in here....cause the haters like to hate

wontstartdumbthreads
03-30-2011, 03:01 PM
I meant to put a music video for the haters in here....cause the haters like to hate

What kind of video? I bet there's one on Youtube somewhere.
I can look for it if you tell me the name.

Obstructed_View
03-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Rome's always had Spurs on there :cry . IIRC he gave some props for Manu's epic regular season play last season specifically that nasty block on KG. I think Jimmy had DeJuan Blair on as well.

Seems like Bowen was a regular on RiB when he was playing too. He's clearly a Laker fan, but he's likely given more airtime to the Spurs than the rest of ESPN combined.

spurs50_
03-30-2011, 03:35 PM
I like what george said about feeling he has to step it up now that the big three are out. I sure wish Jefferson felt the same way.

Obstructed_View
03-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Stepping it up because someone's out is a lame reason to do it. How about stepping it up because the playoffs are around the corner? How about stepping it up because you've been playing like shit? Do we have to hope Ron Artest says something bad about Hill in order for him to get properly focused for the Lakers?

DPG21920
03-30-2011, 03:49 PM
O_V, at least Hill has it in him to step up. RJ doesn't find any excuse to do that.

crc21209
03-30-2011, 03:51 PM

Spot on...:tu

JR3
03-30-2011, 04:19 PM

This is great! lol.. I would watch it! lol

DMC
03-30-2011, 04:28 PM
That would suck, he'd just say he likes everything.

Hubie: "George, at 6:56 into the 2nd quarter, Pop calls a time out. I really like that timeout. What that timeout does is it allows his players to catch a breath... now you say 'why call a timeout when you are on a run' and we all know Pop knows the game of basketball, he's a future hall of famer no doubt, so Pop sees his guys getting winded and knows they need a break. Great timeout by a great coach"

George: "Yeah, Pop calls those timeouts and we get a break, so yeah, I just wanted to go out there and do what I can to help the team"

Hubie: "That's a class act... calling a timeout like that at a time like that."

George: "Pop is a class act for sure"

Hubie: "So what's it like playing with Tim Duncan. I mean, you have to feel pretty lucky to be on the floor with such a great player"

George: "Tim is great, he does all the right things and he's a class act"

Hubie: "Tim is a class act, you are very lucky, young man, to be playing with him"

George: "I feel lucky to even be here with you Hubie"

Hubie: "What's it like playing with Manu Ginobili? He's so terrific with the ball, and he moves as good as anyone in the game without it"

George: "It's great playing with Manu, I learn a lot from him"

Hubie: "You are very lucky to be on the floor at the same time as Tim and Manu"

George: "Yep"

Hubie: "How about Tony Parker? Has there ever been a better slasher and finisher on the break than Tony?"

George: "Probably not"

timtonymanu
03-30-2011, 04:43 PM
O_V, at least Hill has it in him to step up. RJ doesn't find any excuse to do that.

:tu

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Hope he doesn't jap him and mention the cell phone pics.

JR3
03-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Hope he doesn't jap him and mention the cell phone pics.

Shhh...

Obstructed_View
03-30-2011, 06:02 PM

True, but it's not like it's too late. If the playoffs pass by and RJ hasn't stepped up, I'll agree with you. He's been much more aggressive going to the rack the last couple of times I've seen him play (nationally televised games), so he's showing signs of life.

DPG21920
03-30-2011, 06:28 PM
True, but it's not like it's too late. If the playoffs pass by and RJ hasn't stepped up, I'll agree with you. He's been much more aggressive going to the rack the last couple of times I've seen him play (nationally televised games), so he's showing signs of life.

RJ has not improved at all. Hill is at least stepping up in a major way, not some "oh yayyyy he's taking a few extra shots" way. Comparing RJ showing signs of life to what Hill just did is not apples to apples.

However, I don't give a damn about anything that happens pre-playoffs, even if RJ has been a little shit. If he steps up when it matters, all is good in my book.

DMC
03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
RJ will not step up in the playoffs. He doesn't have the killer mentality that attackers have. He's gifted athletically, but mentally he's defeated if his shot isn't falling.

Harry Callahan
03-30-2011, 09:18 PM
RJ will not step up in the playoffs. He doesn't have the killer mentality that attackers have. He's gifted athletically, but mentally he's defeated if his shot isn't falling.

RJ could serve a purpose (which he did in Nov and Dec) by driving to the basket hard and get some FTs. He was a key 3pt shooter too, but that has slacked off with Neil, Bonner, and even Hill taking a lot of threes.

Driving the lane, playing strong d, RJ could be useful, but he just disappears too much of the time.

Obstructed_View
03-30-2011, 09:25 PM
RJ has not improved at all. Hill is at least stepping up in a major way, not some "oh yayyyy he's taking a few extra shots" way. Comparing RJ showing signs of life to what Hill just did is not apples to apples.
However, I don't give a damn about anything that happens pre-playoffs, even if RJ has been a little shit. If he steps up when it matters, all is good in my book.

Actually, I'm not the one that brought up RJ, you are. I simply mentioned that RJ has actually looked better recently, which is a good sign. All he needs is one good game to get his second wind and everything's lined up for the postseason.

DMC
03-31-2011, 12:46 AM
RJ could serve a purpose (which he did in Nov and Dec) by driving to the basket hard and get some FTs. He was a key 3pt shooter too, but that has slacked off with Neil, Bonner, and even Hill taking a lot of threes.

Driving the lane, playing strong d, RJ could be useful, but he just disappears too much of the time.

He seems to only drive the lane with purpose in the game following a good ass chewing for the previous turd fest. That makes him, at most, an every other game asset.

DMC
03-31-2011, 12:47 AM
Actually, I'm not the one that brought up RJ, you are. I simply mentioned that RJ has actually looked better recently, which is a good sign. All he needs is one good game to get his second wind and everything's lined up for the postseason.

And Hill was a big reason the Spurs dumped Dallas in the 1st round last year.

DesignatedT
03-31-2011, 01:11 AM

We don't win game 2 without RJ in that series. Although that was pretty much the only bright spot of his entire playoff run last season.

Obstructed_View
03-31-2011, 02:15 AM

What the fuck does the above have to do with my post? I didn't refer to George Hill in any way, shape or form.