PDA

View Full Version : Barkley- if you dont like spurs you an idiot

nbaman99
03-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Throughout the NBA regular season, Charles Barkley has made it known he does not feel the San Antonio Spurs are the best team in the NBA, let alone in Texas.

His opinion on the Spurs has drawn the ire of most Spurs fans but is the "Chuckster" changing his tune?

In an interview with KNBR in San Francisco, when the topic of three-point shooting came up, he said what he had to say on the topic, then ranted on how TV ratings will be for a VCU-Butler matchup. Barkley then said it would be a great matchup despite any possible low TV ratings and compared those teams to the Spurs:

You know I’ve been sitting around all today listen to all these people tell me you know what are the ratings going to be between VCU and Butler? Let me tell you something: if you can’t get excited…. and I’m not talking about this because I’m broadcasting the game and all that other stuff… if you can’t get excited about what Butler has done and what VCU has done, you are not a fan.

This notion in the NBA ‘well we don’t like the San Antonio Spurs because they don’t'…let me tell you something if you don’t like the San Antonio Spurs you’re an idiot. You don’t know anything about basketball. You hear that argument every year if San Antonio does well they’re not good for ratings. Let me tell you something: you don’t know anything about basketball. You’re not a basketball fan if you don’t like watching the Spurs play. They’re good for basketball.

http://www.projectspurs.com/2011-articles/march/barkley-says-if-you-dont-like-the-spurs-then-youre-an-idiot.html

Sense
03-30-2011, 01:13 PM
He's not wrong.... the Spurs play the way basketball should be played.

spursfan09
03-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Not sure why people think he's changing his tune on the Spurs?

He has said the Spurs aren't going to win anything this year and all that stuff, but that doesn't mean he's saying Spurs are not worth watching and cheering for.

I agree with him in both ways.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-30-2011, 01:19 PM
I saw Limitless the other night and enjoyed it very much. It's not going to win the Oscar or anything but it was a good movie.

anonoftheinternets
03-30-2011, 01:33 PM
I saw Limitless the other night and enjoyed it very much. It's not going to win the Oscar or anything but it was a good movie.

actually the ratings were terrible for that movie ...

wontstartdumbthreads
03-30-2011, 01:58 PM
actually the ratings were terrible for that movie ...

I'm not sure what they were expecting. It's an interesting movie with decent acting that moves along at a good pace.

Don't go into it thinking your are seeing Memento or Primer.

Has anyone seen Adjustment Bureau?

dbreiden83080
03-30-2011, 02:27 PM
If Duncan had raped someone they'd be media darlings..

Rummpd
03-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Same exact team played in Chicago, Boston, LA or worse NY the media would drool over the French star, the Argentian wonder, the silent but strong type in Duncan and the intellectual and semistylish wine devotee that is one Gregg Popovich; and would be absolutetly fawning to tell the stories of Hill, Neal (for better or worse), Splitter and Anderson to name just a few. This site would be the most visited in all of the NBA and on and on and FAs would be drooling to play with the Spurs after they won their 8th championship or some such crap. F -em all, San Antonio is a better city than all those places as I have lived in 10 states, traveled to 36 countries and there are no nicer people, better priced homes and/or unrecognized diversity with the German and Spanish mix etc. than anywhere else. There is a reason so many former military like me who could live anywhere plan to come back to around or near SA - it is a damm fine place with a great team and you could not pay me enough to live in LA (hell where it the real center of LA and a million or more to have a real house???) or NY (at least Manhattan is walkable, and most of the people are real for the most part vs. the LAL A list to C- list wannabees or worse the model/actor/agent/I am going to be a star or worse I know someone on a list or a celebrity shams that make that city so unreal out there, and one day an earthquake will hit there and/or SF - a great but expensive city that will be on par with Japan's or worse.) (For you Bulls fans -Chicago maybe could be liveable as it has real city feel, real fans like the Cubs and great food, great suburbs and real people but as for Boston, forget it, as the big dig is about the top thing going there these days, unless one lives far out or near the coast where is stunningly beautiful but very expensive, and one still has to deal with the world revolves around Boston fans from any sport over there). Dallas fan's have it ok these days, and the Cowboys have plausibly the coolest stadium in the US, and have the eclectic West End and a better downtown than LA: but Dallas is simply not as beautiful as SA and one can get not only a better house there but a better team to root for! Dallas as usual though got to showcase the city for the Superbowl and an all time cold weather snap hit - poor Dallas, even the weather seemingly chokes when it comes to a big event, but still they get to live at least in TX - the home of the free, the less taxed, and a lot of history!

Obstructed_View
03-30-2011, 03:31 PM
When Barkley says the Spurs are boring to watch, let me know. Otherwise this is a different tune. He doesn't have to pick them to win a title or even think they're the best team in Texas in order to respect what they've done or to admire them for playing good basketball. They don't have nearly the talent the Lakers or Mavs have but they make the most of what they've got.

baseline bum
03-30-2011, 03:44 PM
The media loved Duncan when he was playing in the ACC. They loved Robinson at Annapolis. Basically, the excitement of a team is directly proportional its distance from the Atlantic Ocean (not counting the Gulf of Mexico). LA is the one outlier.

wontstartdumbthreads
03-30-2011, 03:50 PM
The media loved Duncan when he was playing in the ACC. They loved Robinson at Annapolis. Basically, the excitement of a team is directly proportional its distance from the Atlantic Ocean (not counting the Gulf of Mexico). LA is the one outlier.

I don't think the location of Wake Forrest or Navy had anything to do with the media "loving" Timmy or DRob. All it takes for a college bball player to make it into the social conciousness is to have good game. Doesn't matter where they play. If they are a great college player, they'll get air time. Blake Griffen was at Oklahoma for God's sake. The difference is that in the pros, they are also expected to be charismatic and sound bite friendly as they are on national TV all the time in games and commercials.

DMC
03-30-2011, 04:24 PM
This is more "we are not respected" bullshit. It's true, we aren't respected. Who cares. No one respects fans anyhow. What the fuck have we done?

Bukefal
03-30-2011, 04:27 PM
This is more "we are not respected" bullshit. It's true, we aren't respected. Who cares. No one respects fans anyhow. What the fuck have we done?

I think the Spurs are actually very respected. Respected by everyone for what they have accomplished and for what they are able too. They just are not hyped or popular like the Lakers, Knicks or Heat. And I like that. Spurs don't need the drama

DMC
03-30-2011, 04:35 PM
I was referring to the fans, not the team. The team is well respected and they never complain about it. Fans, we complain non stop.

DxB
03-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Same exact team played in Chicago, Boston, LA or worse NY the media would drool over the French star, the Argentian wonder, the silent but strong type in Duncan and the intellectual and semistylish wine devotee that is one Gregg Popovich; and would be absolutetly fawning to tell the stories of Hill, Neal (for better or worse), Splitter and Anderson to name just a few. This site would be the most visited in all of the NBA and on and on and FAs would be drooling to play with the Spurs after they won their 8th championship or some such crap. F -em all, San Antonio is a better city than all those places as I have lived in 10 states, traveled to 36 countries and there are no nicer people, better priced homes and/or unrecognized diversity with the German and Spanish mix etc. than anywhere else. There is a reason so many former military like me who could live anywhere plan to come back to around or near SA - it is a damm fine place with a great team and you could not pay me enough to live in LA (hell where it the real center of LA and a million or more to have a real house???) or NY (at least Manhattan is walkable, and most of the people are real for the most part vs. the LAL A list to C- list wannabees or worse the model/actor/agent/I am going to be a star or worse I know someone on a list or a celebrity shams that make that city so unreal out there, and one day an earthquake will hit there and/or SF - a great but expensive city that will be on par with Japan's or worse.) (For you Bulls fans -Chicago maybe could be liveable as it has real city feel, real fans like the Cubs and great food, great suburbs and real people but as for Boston, forget it, as the big dig is about the top thing going there these days, unless one lives far out or near the coast where is stunningly beautiful but very expensive, and one still has to deal with the world revolves around Boston fans from any sport over there). Dallas fan's have it ok these days, and the Cowboys have plausibly the coolest stadium in the US, and have the eclectic West End and a better downtown than LA: but Dallas is simply not as beautiful as SA and one can get not only a better house there but a better team to root for! Dallas as usual though got to showcase the city for the Superbowl and an all time cold weather snap hit - poor Dallas, even the weather seemingly chokes when it comes to a big event, but still they get to live at least in TX - the home of the free, the less taxed, and a lot of history!

hahah u fuckin killed it loool... dont agree except for boston and dallas (coz LA, Chi, and NYC are aweeesome).

Isitjustme?
03-30-2011, 05:00 PM

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/limitless/

Spurs and Mavs fan
03-30-2011, 05:46 PM

This.

Cessation
03-30-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure what they were expecting. It's an interesting movie with decent acting that moves along at a good pace.

Don't go into it thinking your are seeing Memento or Primer.

Has anyone seen Adjustment Bureau?

I saw ADjustment bureau, it was nothing special, but definetly watchable.

DMC
03-30-2011, 07:37 PM

I lived in SA for several years. You have to admit there's not too many places in the world where you can see 20 different colors on one house, with tires for planters and pink flamingos in the yard, 5 meters from the interstate. That's why they have bars on the windows... who wouldn't want to break into a house like that?

alchemist
03-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Barkley is counter-productive with his overrated nonsense about SA.

tmtcsc
03-30-2011, 10:08 PM
I saw Hall Pass this weekend. For anyone around 35 or older, married with kids, its absolutely hilarious. Still talking about it with friends.

The Reviews weren't great so my expectations were in check. It was definitely better than I expected.

TwelveGs210
03-31-2011, 08:38 AM
If Duncan had raped someone they'd be media darlings..
Duncan has been raping KG his whole career..

sananspursfan21
03-31-2011, 09:54 AM
preach it chuck!

ohmwrecker
03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Rummpd . . . dude . . . relax. Break that up into some paragraphs. It reads like a crazy rant where the person doesn't finish, but just passes out from sheer exhaustion.

Rummpd
03-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Rummpd . . . dude . . . relax. Break that up into some paragraphs. It reads like a crazy rant where the person doesn't finish, but just passes out from sheer exhaustion.

Thanks for the "adroit" advice!

wontstartdumbthreads
03-31-2011, 01:01 PM
I saw ADjustment bureau, it was nothing special, but definetly watchable.

Thanks. I'll probalby save the money and wait for DVD then. I was going to watch A Scanner Darkly the other night but decided to read the book instead. Pretty good so far.

41times
03-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Chuck is the Biggest Baskeball Idiot on TV.
Wait just stop a Idot in general.

41times
03-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Chuck is the Biggest Idiot on TV

wontstartdumbthreads
03-31-2011, 01:51 PM
Chuck is the Biggest Idiot on TV

You must not get the Disney Channel.