lefty
03-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Stretch, with the goods

Axe Murderer
03-30-2011, 03:01 PM
yes it is

Viva Las Espuelas
03-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Just stick with boys like you've been doing and everything will be alllllllllright

Wild Cobra
03-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Everyone knows the rapture is 5/21/11.... Just google the date!

Tinystarz
03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
This again?

Stringer_Bell
03-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Just stick with boys like you've been doing and everything will be alllllllllright

Didn't the Bible mention that men who "stick" other men are an abomination? Are you trying to trick Mr. Stretch into damning himself to Hell? Not cool, dawg. NOT. COOL. :nope

ididnotnothat
03-30-2011, 03:40 PM
http://www.treehugger.com/20090716-truth-or-consequences.jpg

4>0rings
03-30-2011, 03:49 PM
You obviously don't believe in the bible as you share your bed with other men.

AmericanPsycho
03-30-2011, 03:55 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110330/ts_yblog_thelookout/could-lead-codices-prove-the-major-discovery-of-christian-history

British archaeologists are seeking to authenticate what could be a landmark discovery in the documentation of early Christianity: a trove of 70 lead codices that appear to date from the 1st century CE, which may include key clues to the last days of Jesus' life. As UK Daily Mail reporter Fiona Macrae writes, some researchers are suggesting this could be the most significant find in Christian archeology since the Dead Sea scrolls in 1947.

The codices turned up five years ago in a remote cave in eastern Jordan—a region where early Christian believers may have fled after the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem in 70 CE. The codices are made up of wirebound individual pages, each roughly the size of a credit card. They contain a number of images and textual allusions to the Messiah, as well as some possible references to the crucifixion and resurrection. Some of the codices were sealed, prompting yet more breathless speculation that they could include the sealed book, shown only to the Messiah, mentioned in the Book of Revelation. One of the few sentences translated thus far from the texts, according to the BBC, reads, "I shall walk uprightly"--a phrase that also appears in Revelation. "While it could be simply a sentiment common in Judaism," BBC writer Robert Pigott notes, "it could here be designed to refer to the resurrection."

But the field of biblical archaeology is also prey to plenty of hoaxes and enterprising fraudsters, so investigators are proceeding with due empirical caution. Initial metallurgical research indicates that the codices are about 2,000 years old--based on the manner of corrosion they have undergone, which, as Macrae writes, "experts believe would be impossible to achieve artificially.

http://mit.zenfs.com/102/2011/03/earlychristiancodices.jpg

DMC
03-30-2011, 04:46 PM
lol everyone scoffing religion..tbh what did God ever do to you guys? if you're indifferent then you wouldn't respond, imo
God never did anything to me, nothing at all.

Neither did the flying spaghetti monster though.

DMC
03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
You obviously don't believe in the bible as you share your bed with other men.

Non sequitur

I believe what my doctor tells me, but I eat junk food anyhow.

Jesus
03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
God never did anything to me, nothing at all.

Neither did the flying spaghetti monster though.

Go ahead and hate on my Father, he can take it.

Hooks
03-30-2011, 04:55 PM
FSM>>>>>Jesus

Blake
03-30-2011, 04:57 PM
i just dont know what to think

should i believe it

should i not

tough desicion...

HELP!!!!

I'd also be concerned about the afterlife if I was going to get a motorcycle.

Good thread idea. :tu

Blake
03-30-2011, 04:58 PM

so can Santa Claus

DMC
03-30-2011, 05:01 PM

Hey, you are the one who said he forsook you. Look in the mirror, rabbi.

ashbeeigh
03-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Oh it's been a while.

Wild Cobra
03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
So. Have the codices been authenticated for date, or could they be a forgery?

If they are real, which seal was just opened?

Amarelooms
03-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Sure it's real...but most of the stuff in it is pure bullshit. Only a dummy would stick to something written 2000 years ago....Jesus didn't even write it

:elephant

DesignatedT
03-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Ask Manu

BlackSwordsMan
03-30-2011, 09:00 PM
the bible doesn't accept people like me and the girls I love

4>0rings
03-30-2011, 09:59 PM
the bible doesn't accept people like me and the girls I love
No, you're just not accepting of the bible.

IronMaxipad
03-30-2011, 10:08 PM
A thorough reading and understanding of the Bible is the surest path to atheism

Amarelooms
03-30-2011, 10:22 PM
No, you're just not accepting of the bible.

^^^ brainwashed dummy...go to church son...and give your $$$

:elephant

monosylab1k
03-30-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm an atheist because of all the atrocities caused by religion

>conveniently ignores Stalin, the Khmer Rouge, etc.

Did I limetext properly? I'm pretty sure I fucked that up.

IronMexican
03-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Why the fuck is everyone using greentext now? FUCK!

TE
03-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Why the fuck is everyone using greentext now? FUCK!

:lol

Greg Oden
03-31-2011, 12:15 AM
lol I remember when mono first saw us using "limetext". He was shitting bricks.

IronMexican
03-31-2011, 12:23 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4532553&postcount=269

DMC
03-31-2011, 12:24 AM
if you simply didn't believe then you wouldn't feel the need to come in here and scoff. you'd simply feel indifferent toward the whole subject and never have clicked on the thread.
I don't feel the need to come on here and scoff. I was reading the thread, I saw the reference, I responded.

Atheists aren't indifferent. The world we live in still matters to us. It's important that mankind eventually ween itself from the supernatural god of the gaps notion.

Were I to have made such a suggestion 40 years ago, I would have been ran out of town. See, it's working. Infidels are everywhere.

DMC
03-31-2011, 12:28 AM
A thorough reading and understanding of the Bible is the surest path to atheism

Oddly enough atheism has very little to do with the Bible itself. It has more to do with the mindset that belief is compelled, not chosen. Atheists have not been compelled to believe in the existence of a god because we simply haven't seen compelling evidence. Most of us are open to new discoveries however, so when a god does decide to provide compelling evidence, we will be first in line to view it.

DMC
03-31-2011, 12:33 AM

should i believe it

should i not

tough desicion...

HELP!!!!

As far as "truth", the Bible is a collection of books put together by a selected group of people who looked for a theme in order to keep the Bible consistent, but they had problems too. If you believe a donkey can speak, or that a rabbit actually chews a cud even though it's not a ruminant, and that it's ok to slaughter women and children as long as the girls are kept for the soldiers to rape, then the Bible might be your ticket. Also, you have to think an old dude found a polar bear in the mideast and put it on a big boat, then the world was flooded with water that came from space and the Earth, which magically disappeared a few days later at which time said old dude took the polar bear back home (he dropped off a few penguins and seals along the way).

It's not about "truth" in the Bible, but about how you personally accept evidence, what's required for you to actually accept extraordinary claims as being true.

IronMaxipad
03-31-2011, 01:48 AM
Oddly enough atheism has very little to do with the Bible itself. It has more to do with the mindset that belief is compelled, not chosen. Atheists have not been compelled to believe in the existence of a god because we simply haven't seen compelling evidence. Most of us are open to new discoveries however, so when a god does decide to provide compelling evidence, we will be first in line to view it.

That would be agnosticism..

CuckingFunt
03-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Limetext is a verb now?

DieMrBond
03-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Ir1-A209boQ

Red Dwarf Classic Scene.

clambake
03-31-2011, 10:41 AM
the idea that religion brings you closer to god is lol.

Saved By Zero
03-31-2011, 10:46 AM

Can you prove it doesn't?

Leetonidas
03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
I keep a stack of bibles by the toilet

IronMexican
03-31-2011, 11:51 AM
I keep a stack of bibles by the toilet

Damn, you're so cool.

AmericanWoman
03-31-2011, 11:54 AM
I keep a stack of toilet paper by my toilet.

stretch
03-31-2011, 12:00 PM
I keep a stack of knives by my wrist.

clambake
03-31-2011, 12:05 PM

yes

DMC
03-31-2011, 04:38 PM
That would be agnosticism..

Not true. Atheists aren't saying we don't know if a god exists. We are saying we do not believe a god exists. Belief is not the default position.

It's pretty simple actually. Just as a believer can become atheist, an atheist can become a believer if the evidence were to present itself. The evidence, as we see it, cannot possibly exist either.

So, there is no god until proven otherwise.

Saved By Zero
03-31-2011, 04:52 PM
yes

Do it.

clambake
03-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Do it.

do what?

mouse
03-31-2011, 07:43 PM

yes

Do it.

do what?

yes

Do it.

do what?

VW_qa6swnOM

JoeChalupa
04-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm surprised this thread hasn't gone on and on like most religious threads do. Thank God.

admiralsnackbar
04-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm surprised this thread hasn't gone on and on like most religious threads do. Thank God.
Give it time.

mouse
04-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Thank God.

For what, the child loving priest's, earthquakes , radioactive milk?

can you be pacific on what you thank God for?

I am all for you here at ST to pray and worship all the God's you like and to quote all the books that you want. But I find it hard to understand a God that helps you get a good job or makes sure little Johnny gets home safe from school is the same God that would allow Little Johnny to die from radiation milk or get butt fucked in church.

I don't know, maybe it's just me........ maybe my standards are slightly higher than most in this forum.

JoeChalupa
04-01-2011, 12:25 PM

I am all for you here at ST to pray and worship all the God's you like and to quote all the books that you want. But I find it hard to understand a God that helps you get a good job or makes sure little Johnny gets home safe from school is the same God that would allow Little Johnny to die from radiation milk or get butt fucked in church.

I don't know, maybe it's just me........ maybe my standards are slightly higher than most in this forum.

Thou shalt not put the Lord thy God to the test.

Here we go......

mouse
04-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Thou shalt not put the Lord thy God to the test.

So your God doesn't even have a GED? Hell at least that calf tat flaming douche koriwhat has one.

Here we go......

I don't know Joe. If it was "my God" I would welcome any test at any time.

Forget the tests really......just have him serve the Catholic priest a glass of warm west coast milk next Sunday.

koriwhat
04-08-2011, 03:46 AM
So your God doesn't even have a GED? Hell at least that calf tat flaming douche koriwhat has one.

don't mention me at all, ever! i'm so sick of your shit you old dumb mother fucker. seriously, you come on here with your stupid takes about anything and everything but basketball and when people call you out you cry and post stupid ass youtubes of your dumbass ocd conspiracy theories.

seriously, leave me out your dental! btw, i might only have a GED right now but i can bet i am a hell of a lot smarter than you will ever be and it's not even close.

oh and fuck your god. my god would whoop his ass!

stretch
04-08-2011, 09:43 AM
lol koriwhat said hes getting tats on his calves of his calf tats

Oh, Gee!!
04-08-2011, 02:37 PM

should i believe it

should i not

tough desicion...

HELP!!!!

if you have to ask...

DMC
04-09-2011, 02:05 AM

That's called the Problem of Evil, aka PoE.

It's a flawed argument, as a god doesn't necessarily have to be what you would consider to be ideal. Just because you wouldn't worship it doesn't mean it wouldn't meet the criteria for an omnipotent deity, if such criteria existed.

Things are easier to explain without using things we cannot explain. That's the basic premise of Occam's Razor.

btw, I shaved Schrodinger's Cat with Occam's Razor. I haven't looked to see the outcome, afraid it will kill the cat.