PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan #1 Most Unappreciated Player

Boo
06-04-2005, 11:36 AM
ESPN announced this list, and Tim Duncan came out #1.

Big Pimp_21
06-04-2005, 11:39 AM
I believe it. Some of the people here don't even appreciate how good he is or how much he means to our team.

Boo
06-04-2005, 11:40 AM
Not just Spurs fans... but NBA fans too

They don't notice the way TD plays, since he is so quiet and calm.

Big Pimp_21
06-04-2005, 11:47 AM
I guess for Tim to get recognized as a good basketball player he is gonna have to:
1. Get arrested for drugs or weapons
2. Cheat on his wife
3. Beat his wife
4. Call out his teammates for not feeding him the ball enough
5. Refuse to practice
6. Run around the court throwing his hands in the air and proclaiming to be the greatest
7. Make up a bunch of retarded nicknames for himself and only refer to himself by using those nicknames. (e.g. Diesel, Daddy, Godfather, Big Aristotle, Quotacious...)

Until Tim does one or any combination of the above, he will never be a great basketball player.

duncan_21
06-04-2005, 12:15 PM
If being popular is in direct relation to espn air time then amare is the best basketball player in the world. Wow the guy can dunk and occassionally block a shot.

Of course he doesn't play defense or rebound well or create for other players either.

drebly032
06-04-2005, 01:02 PM
I guess for Tim to get recognized as a good basketball player he is gonna have to:
2. Cheat on his wife
3. Beat his wife
5. Refuse to practice
6. Run around the court throwing his hands in the air and proclaiming to be the greatest
7. Make up a bunch of retarded nicknames for himself and only refer to himself by using those nicknames. (e.g. Diesel, Daddy, Godfather, Big Aristotle, Quotacious...)

Until Tim does one or any combination of the above, he will never be a great basketball player.

haha very good stuff right there. Amen to that!

Mr. Body
06-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Wow, what chutzpah. It's ESPN's own damn fault he's underappreciated, then they turn around and produce this list?

Craven. Just craven.

polandprzem
06-04-2005, 01:23 PM
link?

TDMVPDPOY
06-04-2005, 01:26 PM
duncan should run down the court shoutin at holt i am underpaid!!!

Dre_7
06-04-2005, 01:47 PM
2. Cheat on his wife
3. Beat his wife
5. Refuse to practice

:lmao Classic!!!!

Boo
06-04-2005, 01:49 PM
link?

No link, it was on TV.

clubalien
06-04-2005, 01:54 PM
manu doesn't do anything of those and he has barkely pimping him
he has everyone saying he is great
in fact he was proclaimed euro kobe(even though he comes from arg)

maxpower
06-04-2005, 01:59 PM

He'll always be kazaam and klank-fu to me.

boutons
06-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Tim's play is the MOST appreciated on NBATV.

His dunk blocked by Amare is currently the NBATV #1 play of the playoffs.

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2005, 02:30 PM
ESPN must have been trolling around here -- before Game 3 of the Phoenix series, we had talk about trading Duncan, concerns about whether Tim "would show up," and some suggesting that he isn't even the best player on this team.

I'll say it again -- this team goes only as far as Tim Duncan takes it. If others give him help, that's great, but this is Timmy's team and the rest of the guys take their cues from Timmy. He knows that; they know that; how some around here don't know that is beyond me.

Big Pimp_21
06-04-2005, 03:33 PM
manu doesn't do anything of those and he has barkely pimping him
he has everyone saying he is great
in fact he was proclaimed euro kobe(even though he comes from arg)

Ok...i agree with that. but Manu gets his because he goes to the basket like a wild man. He pulls some shots straight out of his ass. Tim is a big man and the only way big men get attention is through self promotion or legal trouble.

Leetonidas
06-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Agreed there. Timmy is, in my opinion, the best player in the NBA today and one of the best players ever.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-04-2005, 03:57 PM
I saw that this morning and I found myself thinking, "Well, who's damn fault is that? Coudl it possibly be a damn sports channel that spends all of its time replaying moronic sound bites from Shaq and Rasheed. Or tries to generate stories out of nowhere about how Larry Brown talking to the Cavs is what's destroying his team." It wasn't quite that eloquent or profanity free, but that's the gist of it.

zeleni
06-04-2005, 03:57 PM
flat out truth.

Big Pimp_21
06-04-2005, 04:01 PM
They don't want an interview with Timmy b/c he won't blame the refs or his teammates for anything. Appearantly there's no story to be reported on good basketball and consistancy.

Summers
06-04-2005, 04:25 PM
2. Cheat on his wife
3. Beat his wife
5. Refuse to practice

No, thank you. If he starts acting that way, I have to find someone else to have naughty dreams about. :devil Although... I have to confess... I really wouldn't have minded if he'd taken just one good swipe at Jerome James.

Just to play devil's advocate, the media can't quote someone who won't do interviews. He does his required 2 minutes after each game or whatever it is, then runs away. :lol

Big Pimp_21
06-04-2005, 04:29 PM
I would LOVE to see Timmy just knock the shit out of someone who fouls Manu hard. It would be great. Of course he would get a suspension, but no one would expect it. How funny would it have been if Tim would have punched out Melo and then stood over him Ali style sayin' "what bitch...don't mess with my hombre"

WalterBenitez
06-04-2005, 04:43 PM
2. Cheat on his wife
3. Beat his wife
5. Refuse to practice

I hate to accept ... but perhaps you are right,
TD is a gentleman, such a good player!!!

angel_luv
06-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Timmy is perfect as is. Some people are just too ignorant to know a truly great thing when they see it.