PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Ladder - Splitter number 10

BRs.Ganso
03-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Tiago Splitter : San Antonio Spurs

http://www.nba.com/2011/images/03/30/tiago-splitter.jpg

The Brazilian big man makes his debut on the Ladder, and it was inevitable with the injury to Tim Duncan. The Spurs have lost four in a row, but Splitter has still put up pretty good numbers. Since Duncan went down, Splitter has averaged 9.2 points and 8.4 rebounds while shooting 59 percent from the field. He doesn't turn the ball over much, either, which is nice to see. San Antonio might be struggling without their stars, but these trials can only help them -- and the rookie -- in the playoffs and beyond.
-- March 29, 11:11 p.m. ET

http://www.nba.com/rookieladder/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

:toast

wontstartdumbthreads
03-30-2011, 04:04 PM
overreaction

honestfool84
03-30-2011, 04:12 PM
as much as i hate losing, these 4 losses have in a way been a blessing in disguise.

Spurs7794
03-30-2011, 04:22 PM
as much as i hate losing, these 4 losses have in a way been a blessing in disguise.

I hope so. I love Pop, but he's shown that he is stubborn as shit and will ignore all reason just to stroke his ego. I really wish Tim or Manu or Tony or all three would go and demand Tiago play...but I just dont think thats their personalities.

Harry Callahan
03-30-2011, 09:21 PM
He can run P&R with Manu and Tony time after time if given the chance. It will come at some point.

Obstructed_View
03-30-2011, 09:28 PM
If the Spurs win ring number five, they won it when Duncan twisted his ankle.

toki9
03-30-2011, 09:55 PM
I hope so. I love Pop, but he's shown that he is stubborn as shit and will ignore all reason just to stroke his ego. I really wish Tim or Manu or Tony or all three would go and demand Tiago play...but I just dont think thats their personalities.

i think Manu's been demanding it in between the lines...at least, what amounts to demands from him...

Obstructed_View
03-30-2011, 10:04 PM

If they couldn't talk Pop out of smallball in 2006, or out of benching Bruce Bowen for Finley, or of starting guys like Bonner and Bogans, then they're not convincing him of jack shit. Sorry.

ulosturedge
03-30-2011, 10:33 PM
If the Spurs win ring number five, they won it when Duncan twisted his ankle.

:lol

Spurs7794
03-30-2011, 10:38 PM
If they couldn't talk Pop out of smallball in 2006, or out of benching Bruce Bowen for Finley, or of starting guys like Bonner and Bogans, then they're not convincing him of jack shit. Sorry.

I HATE smallball...always have and always will but atleast in 2006, we were about 20 seconds away from completing an epic comeback. Benching Bowen...I sorta understood because in 2009, it was clear he was done. Finley was already starting and RMJ looked pretty solid at the beginning of the year so I sorta could see what he was thinking.

But this Tiago situation is ridiculous. Before Perkins got traded, our two biggest obstacles were LA and Boston IMO. And he wanted to go at them with Bonner and Blair? I like both of them but they are both SITUATIONAL players. Splitter is clearly a rotation big and should be STARTING. gahhhhhhhhh but Pop is stubborn and isnt gonna change his mind.

wildbill2u
03-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Seems like there COULD have been some more minutes for Splitter in the past 65 games--especially if, like Pop always says, the regular season isn't all that important except as preparation for the playoffs.

Baseline
03-31-2011, 02:48 AM
I HATE smallball...always have and always will but atleast in 2006, we were about 20 seconds away from completing an epic comeback. Benching Bowen...I sorta understood because in 2009, it was clear he was done. Finley was already starting and RMJ looked pretty solid at the beginning of the year so I sorta could see what he was thinking.

But this Tiago situation is ridiculous. Before Perkins got traded, our two biggest obstacles were LA and Boston IMO. And he wanted to go at them with Bonner and Blair? I like both of them but they are both SITUATIONAL players. Splitter is clearly a rotation big and should be STARTING. gahhhhhhhhh but Pop is stubborn and isnt gonna change his mind.

True - Pop's not going to change his mind.

This is precisely why Pop is an unbelievably overrated coach. He has a good defensive system, yes. I'll give him that. But more importanly he's had Tim Duncan.

In terms of substitution patterns, he's brainless. And he always, always, always chooses to play guys who "know the system" over guys who are better players and could make good things happen on the court if given the chance. He'll bench some guys for a month if they get get beat on a backdoor cut, yet he'll play Bonner 30 minutes a night. The list goes on a nd on...Playing Finley 30 minutes, playing Bonner 30 minutes, misusing Brent Barry for practically three seasons, benching Bowen, benching Malik Rose, benching Tiago, finally playing Stephen Jackson, etc.

Fireball
03-31-2011, 04:35 AM
Only 5-6 solid games and Tiago already is #10 ... cmon Pop ... just put him in the starting lineup or make him the first big coming off the bench behind Dice/TD ... otherwise this whole "focus on defense" thing is just noncredible

spurspokesman
03-31-2011, 04:48 AM
True - Pop's not going to change his mind.

This is precisely why Pop is an unbelievably overrated coach. He has a good defensive system, yes. I'll give him that. But more importanly he's had Tim Duncan.

In terms of substitution patterns, he's brainless. And he always, always, always chooses to play guys who "know the system" over guys who are better players and could make good things happen on the court if given the chance. He'll bench some guys for a month if they get get beat on a backdoor cut, yet he'll play Bonner 30 minutes a night. The list goes on a nd on...Playing Finley 30 minutes, playing Bonner 30 minutes, misusing Brent Barry for practically three seasons, benching Bowen, benching Malik Rose, benching Tiago, finally playing Stephen Jackson, etc.
This. He ia a little overrated id say. Good coach Yeah. But how many other coaches could of won with tim duncan manu and parker:wow

++SaiNt TiAg0++
03-31-2011, 06:51 AM

+1

exactly tiago, is a blue collar center who is PHYSICAL ,has a growing potential due of his Basket ball IQ. the guy is a breath of fresh air and gives us spurs fans some sort of hope after duncan. not to hate on bonner (i do that enough)do you guys think with bonners shooting( 50% from 3 ) we can package him and move up in the draft for a big??? probably not, maybe ryan richards will gfet some burn next year?

SA210
03-31-2011, 05:47 PM