PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 14, sentenced to death for being raped

Sisk
03-31-2011, 01:49 AM
Yup, you guessed which fucked up people/religion thought this genius shit up. This should probably be in the political forum, but boutons posts there and fuck that guy.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/29/bangladesh.lashing.death/index.html?on.cnn=1

Shariatpur, Bangladesh (CNN) -- Hena Akhter's last words to her mother proclaimed her innocence. But it was too late to save the 14-year-old girl.

Her fellow villagers in Bangladesh's Shariatpur district had already passed harsh judgment on her. Guilty, they said, of having an affair with a married man. The imam from the local mosque ordered the fatwa, or religious ruling, and the punishment: 101 lashes delivered swiftly, deliberately in

Makes me think of this in response, tbh:

xIjYJTi4eGc

Sisk
03-31-2011, 01:53 AM
In before Godwin's law.

TE
03-31-2011, 03:22 AM
sucks for the girl, world is just one large cruel place tbh

vander
03-31-2011, 04:12 AM
sucks for the girl, world is just one large cruel place tbh

the world is a cruel place? that's all you can conclude from shit like this?

no

Stringer_Bell
03-31-2011, 04:34 AM
Hena dropped after 70.

Bloodied and bruised, she was taken to hospital, where she died a week later.

Amazingly, an initial autopsy report cited no injuries and deemed her death a suicide.

Absolutely gut-wrenching article to read. Hard to believe a country with its own Air Force and Navy are able to behave so recklessly.

boutons_deux
03-31-2011, 06:01 AM
All religions are exploited by men to oppress women into inferior status.

It's self-righteously pleasing to be outraged by "Muslims" murdering rape victims or a Pakistani village gang-raping a girl to punish her for having sex outside of marriage, but Salem's "Christians" loved killing witches, etc, etc.

Cry Havoc
03-31-2011, 06:34 AM

All people who generalize are pedophiles. See how that works?

I. Hustle
03-31-2011, 08:08 AM

It's self-righteously pleasing to be outraged by "Muslims" murdering rape victims or a Pakistani village gang-raping a girl to punish her for having sex outside of marriage, but Salem's "Christians" loved killing witches, etc, etc.

Salem? Really?

silverblk mystix
03-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Here's an example of the "bad" in religion.

When religion focuses on loving your neighbor...it is not such a bad thing.

When religion focuses on worship, fear, control, punishment,etc...
it is one of the most destructive forces on the planet and turns human beings into something, other than-human.

JoeChalupa
03-31-2011, 09:20 AM
What a tragedy.

Stringer_Bell
03-31-2011, 09:58 AM
Here's an example of the "bad" in religion.

When religion focuses on loving your neighbor...it is not such a bad thing

When religion focuses on loving your neighbor...and you end up screwing her on the couch even though she's a married woman with two young children that catch you porking her...that's an example of the "bad" in religion too IMO. Everything must be tempered and balanced, anything in extremes that leads to the suffering and pain of others is bad bad bad.

mrsmaalox
03-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Terrible.

Every religion is used by someone, as an excuse to judge others.

Saved By Zero
03-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Terrible.

Every religion is used by someone, as an excuse to judge others.

Atheists don't even need a religion to judge others.

BacktoBasics
03-31-2011, 10:54 AM
When religion focuses on worship, fear, control, punishment,etc...
it is one of the most destructive forces on the planet and turns human beings into something, other than-human. You just described all religions.

John Basedow
03-31-2011, 11:05 AM
You just described all religions.

True.

Bible study taught me how to subjugate women

mardigan
03-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Poor little girl. I can't even fathom the terror she had to go through. I fucking hate people sometimes.

rolled up $20
03-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Poor little girl. I can't even fathom the terror she had to go through. I fucking hate people sometimes.

I hate people all the time.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Now now, guys. Let's watch the islamaphobia here. Wouldn't want to be called bigots, wouldn't we?

Sisk
03-31-2011, 12:30 PM

It's called progressing. In today's Christian world, women have more power than ever. Highly elected officials are women. In the muslim world, they're treated worse than your average pet dog.

Anyways, I posted this here just so you wouldn't fucking post. GTFO.

Sisk
03-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Now now, guys. Let's watch the islamaphobia here. Wouldn't want to be called bigots, wouldn't we?

You're right. Everyone with a critical word should seriously write these people and apologize for judging. After all.. they're people too :cry

:lol

But really, did you watch that video of the Austrian politician? That guy's not fucking around.

jeebus
03-31-2011, 12:34 PM

Salem witch trials - over 400 years ago

Muslims killing raped girls - earlier this week

Zelophehad
03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_18911_5-ridiculous-things-you-probably-believe-about-islam.html

jeebus
03-31-2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_18911_5-ridiculous-things-you-probably-believe-about-islam.html
Nice role reversal for #2.

Zelophehad
03-31-2011, 12:43 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_political_leaders_in_Islam_and_in_Muslim-majority_countries

desflood
03-31-2011, 12:43 PM
So many incidents like this are reported. It makes it hard to dredge up the appropriately emotional response. I'm burned out on pain, inequality, inhumanity and death.

Sisk
03-31-2011, 12:44 PM

1 ridiculous thing you're seemingly trying to avoid acknowledging:

1. A 14 year old girl was sentenced to death for being raped due to Sharia Law.

Zelophehad
03-31-2011, 12:52 PM

Doesn't disprove anything in those articles. Four out of the five most populous Muslim nations have elected women as presidents. Wow, Islam must really hate women :wow

Sisk
03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Doesn't disprove anything in those articles. Four out of the five most populous Muslim nations have elected women as presidents. Wow, Islam must really hate women :wow

You and boutons should hang out. Yall would have amazingly intellectual conversations about how no one should be held accountable for anything.

Tell me this: In the last 100 years, has any girl in America ever been sentenced to death for being raped? Or be buried alive a 16 year old girl for having an extramarital affair?

Hint: both questions have a yes or no answer.

Zelophehad
03-31-2011, 01:08 PM
You and boutons should hang out. Yall would have amazingly intellectual conversations about how no one should be held accountable for anything.

Tell me this: In the last 100 years, has any girl in America ever been sentenced to death for being raped? Or be buried alive a 16 year old girl for having an extramarital affair?

Hint: both questions have a yes or no answer.

Probably as many as have been a serious candidate to be America's president.

Sisk
03-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Probably as many as have been a serious candidate to be America's president.

Kill yourself.

Zelophehad
03-31-2011, 01:13 PM
lol giving up

What did you think of that first article? Did you want to refute any of those points?

Sisk
03-31-2011, 01:20 PM
lol giving up

What did you think of that first article? Did you want to refute any of those points?

Lol can't answer a yes or no question
Lol can't get the "hint"
Lol defending a religion that buries young girls alive for sex
Lol defending a religion that just murdered a girl for being raped

baseline bum
03-31-2011, 01:25 PM
The lousy Christians murder doctors, picket military funerals, and marry 12 year-olds. Sick group.

Sisk
03-31-2011, 01:26 PM
And we all know how well received Benazir Bhutto was in Pakistan on her last visit.

Sisk
03-31-2011, 01:27 PM
The lousy Christians murder doctors, picket military funerals, and marry 12 year-olds. Sick group.

Reaching on those last two. The first, I'll give you.

Booharv
03-31-2011, 01:32 PM
If Christians do bad things in the name of their religion its not the religion's fault, everyone knows that.

Its always Islam's fault however.

baseline bum
03-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Reaching on those last two. The first, I'll give you.

You don't remember these guys?

http://www.captivefldschildren.org/images/header.jpg

Sick religion.

Booharv
03-31-2011, 01:34 PM
You don't remember these guys?

http://www.captivefldschildren.org/images/header.jpg

Sick religion.

Again, thats not Christianity's fault.

Only Islamic people are ever supposed to take what is in their holy scriptures and interpret it literally...

Booharv
03-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Anyone remember this verse from the Bible:

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Viva Las Espuelas
03-31-2011, 01:39 PM

I thought that was simply the evil white people.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-31-2011, 01:40 PM
And we all know how well received Benazir Bhutto was in Pakistan on her last visit.

I heard 'twas a blast.

Booharv
03-31-2011, 01:41 PM
brb going to rape that hot religious girl down the street...

Sisk
03-31-2011, 01:49 PM

"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."

The difference is, as a whole Christianity has moved away from these types of actions. Sure, there are fucked up people within Christianity, but as a whole these punishments aren't around.

I'm not even apart of a church as I consider myself more of an agnostic theist, just saying Christianity has moved along as a whole.

Don't know how all these threads always turn into a religion debate as a whole - probably because the assumption is I'm some self-righteous Christian but that's not the case. Bottom line is this whole situation is fucked. The people who marry 12 year olds, kill abortion doctors, and protest military funerals should be exterminated too. Trust me, I hate all these kinds of people regardless of what religion they're associated with. Thing is, I started this thread based on what Sharia Law declared, not about the westboro baptist church. Just seems like when I hear about these fucked up situations it's usually Sharia Law that is the reason, not Christian groups.

TheIllusionist
03-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Christians just give the illusion they are not whackjobs.

TheIllusionist
03-31-2011, 01:56 PM
I love my neighbor....let's nuke 'em!!

silverblk mystix
03-31-2011, 02:03 PM
When religion focuses on loving your neighbor...and you end up screwing her on the couch even though she's a married woman with two young children that catch you porking her...that's an example of the "bad" in religion too IMO. Everything must be tempered and balanced, anything in extremes that leads to the suffering and pain of others is bad bad bad.

You are kinda "stretching" here...this scenario has nothing to do with loving your neighbor...

Dice
03-31-2011, 02:49 PM

The difference isn't about the religion- to hell with religion, it's the country's reaction to it. Christian or whatever in the U.S., you kill a doctor and you go to jail. What kind of punishment did the people responsible for this girls death get?

At least here when some whacko religious nut job does something crazy the rest of us don't condone it.

Winston Wolf
03-31-2011, 02:52 PM
The difference isn't about the religion- to hell with religion, it's the country's reaction to it. Christian or whatever in the U.S., you kill a doctor and you go to jail. What kind of punishment did the people responsible for this girls death get?

At least here when some whacko religious nut job does something crazy the rest of us don't condone it.

Some do you just don't know it.

Dice
03-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Some do you just don't know it.

Yeah but at least they're the minority.

If there were no religion I don't know how anyone could ever come to the conclusion that a girl who'd been raped deserved to die. Not using logic anyway.

Winston Wolf
03-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah but at least they're the minority.

If there were no religion I don't know how anyone could ever come to the conclusion that a girl who'd been raped deserved to die. Not using logic anyway.

Extremist in most religions are the minority.

Dice
03-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Extremist in most religions are the minority.

Yet the people who did this will not pay for it.

Winston Wolf
03-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Yet the people who did this will not pay for it.

maybe not on this earth but they will

Dice
03-31-2011, 03:05 PM
maybe not on this earth but they will

I used to believe that. Sometimes wish I still did.

Gutter92
03-31-2011, 03:38 PM
At least she wasn't molested at the hands of clergymen. Happens in other religions quite often apparently

The Gemini Method
03-31-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure how, if I were the parent, could live with knowing this happened to my youngest child. That's some horrible shit right there...

Stringer_Bell
03-31-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure how, if I were the parent, could live with knowing this happened to my youngest child. That's some horrible shit right there...

It was a family member that did that shit, making it even worse. Then he escapes during punishment while the little girl collapses before her lashings are finished.

CubanSucks
03-31-2011, 04:35 PM

:lmao and the U.S. once had slavery, therefore all white Americans today truly believe blacks are below human

Stump
04-01-2011, 11:16 AM

I've seen this verse be discussed before, and this how I understand it.

During that period, it was paramount that a women was a virgin when she got married (unless she was a widow). To rape a girl was not only tramatic for her, it might make her undesirable to suitors. If she never married, she would always be dependant on her father or other relatives for support. Basically, if you raped a girl, you potentially ruined her life. The solution was to force the rapist to take care of her (and always unable to divorce her).

It still reflects a very patriarichal mindset (a man must always be there to take care of the woman), but that explanation makes it sound much less bizarre to me.

xellos88330
04-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Terrible story. If only this were a perfect world.

ALVAREZ6
04-01-2011, 03:16 PM
sisk you're being quite the hypocrite starting a thread like this tbqfh...

ALVAREZ6
04-01-2011, 03:16 PM
and now for my personal opinion on the subject matter: I think religion is awesome

Strike
04-01-2011, 05:21 PM

Salem? Really?

It's called progressing. In today's Christian world, women have more power than ever. Highly elected officials are women. In the muslim world, they're treated worse than your average pet dog.

Anyways, I posted this here just so you wouldn't fucking post. GTFO.

Salem witch trials - over 400 years ago

Muslims killing raped girls - earlier this week

:lmao and the U.S. once had slavery, therefore all white Americans today truly believe blacks are below human

:lmao

Way to go boutons.

Sisk
04-01-2011, 05:48 PM
sisk you're being quite the hypocrite starting a thread like this tbqfh...

I don't tell you not to bash religion. In fact, I encourage you to. I see your strengths and I want you to prosper in any way possible, tbh.

DesignatedT
04-01-2011, 06:23 PM
:cry Sisk getting regulated in his own thread tbqh :cry

CubanSucks
04-01-2011, 10:01 PM
:monkey Don't worry Alvarez, I'll get your back! :monkey

apalisoc_9
04-03-2011, 01:27 AM

I have studied the sharia law, and no, this isnt sharia law. On this case, the man should be punished..

Makes me wonder if you posted this shit to hate on a specific religion, because you should have at least looked at the "law" before posting this post of yours or because of pure ignorance

But to be real, this shit happens a lot of times.

Religion is used as a tool nowadays, but these people who use it are as knowledgeable as you are.

Sisk
04-03-2011, 01:50 AM
I have studied the sharia law, and no, this isnt sharia law. On this case, the man should be punished..

Makes me wonder if you posted this shit to hate on a specific religion, because you should have at least looked at the "law" before posting this post of yours or because of pure ignorance

But to be real, this shit happens a lot of times.

Religion is used as a tool nowadays, but these people who use it are as knowledgeable as you are.

"The process is extremely exacting, a minimum of two witnesses are required to corroborate the evidence, and in the case of sex crimes, four witnesses, thus making it in most cases hard, if not impossible, to receive the violent punishments. Circumstantial evidence is not allowed to be part of the testimony. When one does receive them, it usually would occur in a case where the offense was so obvious, obscene or flagrant that it is impossible to not be convicted."

This girl was fucked. Literally and metaphorically. No one was going to investigate or trust her word over his. It might not be a direct relation to Sharia Law in regards to the punishment, but their justification in such punishment sure seems to stem from their laid out laws.

apalisoc_9
04-03-2011, 09:11 PM
"The process is extremely exacting, a minimum of two witnesses are required to corroborate the evidence, and in the case of sex crimes, four witnesses, thus making it in most cases hard, if not impossible, to receive the violent punishments. Circumstantial evidence is not allowed to be part of the testimony. When one does receive them, it usually would occur in a case where the offense was so obvious, obscene or flagrant that it is impossible to not be convicted."

This girl was fucked. Literally and metaphorically. No one was going to investigate or trust her word over his. It might not be a direct relation to Sharia Law in regards to the punishment, but their justification in such punishment sure seems to stem from their laid out laws.

I'm sure you're raging and all, but it is possible she wasn't raped, not saying she is lying or anything. Plus, You forgot to mention the fact that witness evidence is not the only thing they look at. other cases of evidences can be used. On this case though, this could have possibly been the only choice..

And let's be real for a momment, whatever law it is, There have been tons of injustices done, be it by human law or not..

It's all on the people not the religion, system etc..

Sisk
04-03-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm sure you're raging and all, but it is possible she wasn't raped, not saying she is lying or anything. Plus, You forgot to mention the fact that witness evidence is not the only thing they look at. other cases of evidences can be used. On this case though, this could have possibly been the only choice..

And let's be real for a momment, whatever law it is, There have been tons of injustices done, be it by human law or not..

It's all on the people not the religion, system etc..

Lol. I'm not raging. I can calmly say that those involved in this should be burned at the stake. Obviously I'm going off of the assumption that she was raped and she wasn't trying to have sex with this other man. What else am I suppose to do? Fly there and launch a private investigation? If you're going off of the assumption the story is correct and don't want everyone involved to pay with their lives, I don't know what to say to you.

I'm not trying to put all the blame on the religion. It just so happens that the religion involved so happened to be the one that you hear the most fucked up shit come from. Obviously, the people involved are to be held responsible on a personal level and not the religion as a whole necessarily. However, like I said, it always seems to be these people who commit these atrocities.

apalisoc_9
04-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Lol. I'm not raging. I can calmly say that those involved in this should be burned at the stake. Obviously I'm going off of the assumption that she was raped and she wasn't trying to have sex with this other man. What else am I suppose to do? Fly there and launch a private investigation? If you're going off of the assumption the story is correct and don't want everyone involved to pay with their lives, I don't know what to say to you.

I'm not trying to put all the blame on the religion. It just so happens that the religion involved so happened to be the one that you hear the most fucked up shit come from. Obviously, the people involved are to be held responsible on a personal level and not the religion as a whole necessarily. However, like I said, it always seems to be these people who commit these atrocities.

To much fox news? For real though, this shit happnes everywhere. Islam is on the spotlight, they will get the shit..

Sisk
04-04-2011, 06:35 PM
To much fox news?

Typical liberal response.

:cry :cry :cry He doesn't agree with me he must watch FAUX news :cry :cry :cry

apalisoc_9
04-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Typical liberal response.

:cry :cry :cry He doesn't agree with me he must watch FAUX news :cry :cry :cry

ok.