PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Brokers

Dingle Barry
06-04-2005, 12:46 PM
I just went to ticketcity.com and I am disgusted with how many fucking tickets they have. How in the HELL do they have access to that many tickets? Or any tickets at all before we do?

I worked at the Erwin Center in Austin selling tickets and there was no way this could happen for any event there.

Does anyone know what kind of deal brokers have to get all these tickets before we do?

red kryptonite
06-04-2005, 12:50 PM
They do have an absurd amount of tickets. Fatass Russ Bookbinder would sell his soul for money, so I can imagine some ways they may have gotten there.

Bluto Blutarsky
06-04-2005, 12:50 PM
we should petition the Spurs organization and tell them we aren't going to take that crap anymore! We carry the team the whole year and then they leave us out in the cold when it comes to the big show! Screw that! I know I'm not the only one unhappy with the lack of tickets, why bother even advertising about it and making a big deal when it isn't.

red kryptonite
06-04-2005, 12:51 PM
we should petition the Spurs organization and tell them we aren't going to take that crap anymore! We carry the team the whole year and then they leave us out in the cold when it comes to the big show! Screw that! I know I'm not the only one unhappy with the lack of tickets, why bother even advertising about it and making a big deal when it isn't.

This guy is right!

mrcoon29
06-04-2005, 12:53 PM
It's that way with any significant event. I'm not sure how it can be changed.

Dingle Barry
06-04-2005, 12:54 PM
holy shit, i am disillusioned. all these brokers have shitloads of tickets. fuck sports i quit.

Dingle Barry
06-04-2005, 12:57 PM
All The Tickets That Should Have Been On Ticketmaster Were Sold To These Ticket Companies And The Spurs Get Kickbacks

GoSpurs21
06-04-2005, 01:03 PM
we should petition the Spurs organization and tell them we aren't going to take that crap anymore! We carry the team the whole year and then they leave us out in the cold when it comes to the big show! Screw that! I know I'm not the only one unhappy with the lack of tickets, why bother even advertising about it and making a big deal when it isn't.You should do some investigation to find out where the tickets are coming from before you seek blame. My guess is that many corporate season ticket holders (that hold blocks of tickets) sell these tickets to the brokers at a profit.

I could sell my 2 seats for just game 1 of the Finals and make enough money to pay for all of next season tickets. You cant fault me if I did that cause that's just American capitalism. I could have bought 2 additional seats for the playoffs and just sold them for profit as the playoffs went on. I could certainly afford to do that. But because I dont want the hastle of looking for buyers and dont have the need to make money off the Spurs I didnt.

Either way if you really want to see the playoffs, you should invest in full or partial season tickets, then you have the oppertunity to buy all playoffs tickets. If you only want to go to a game here or there then you will just have to pay the going price. Besides if you really did carry the Spurs for the entire year (like you said) you would have bought your finals tickets many months ago like alot of us did. That's AMERICA, if you dont like it suffer.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-04-2005, 01:04 PM
All The Tickets That Should Have Been On Ticketmaster Were Sold To These Ticket Companies And The Spurs Get Kickbacks

Well it is a business, and I'm sure that them doing it this way helps them sell more season tickets/10 game packages for next year.

Kori Ellis
06-04-2005, 01:06 PM
My guess is that many corporate season ticket holders (that hold blocks of tickets) sell these tickets to the brokers at a profit.

You are right; that's where a lot of the tickets at brokers come from. You can tell because the same blocks of tickets are available for games six and seven as well -- some are even like blocks of 20 or more.

blackbucket
06-04-2005, 01:10 PM
You should do some investigation to find out where the tickets are coming from before you seek blame. My guess is that many corporate season ticket holders (that hold blocks of tickets) sell these tickets to the brokers at a profit.

I could sell my 2 seats for just game 1 of the Finals and make enough money to pay for all of next season tickets. You cant fault me if I did that cause that's just American capitalism. I could have bought 2 additional seats for the playoffs and just sold them for profit as the playoffs went on. I could certainly afford to do that. But because I dont want the hastle of looking for buyers and dont have the need to make money off the Spurs I didnt.

Either way if you really want to see the playoffs, you should invest in full or partial season tickets, then you have the oppertunity to buy all playoffs tickets. If you only want to go to a game here or there then you will just have to pay the going price. Besides if you really did carry the Spurs for the entire year (like you said) you would have bought your finals tickets many months ago like alot of us did. That's AMERICA, if you dont like it suffer.

Amen. As a non-season ticket holder, I recognize this is how it goes if you don't buy season/partial season tickets. I drove 8 hours to SA in 2003 and had to watch the game at FATSOS! What kind of injustice is that??? :lol

J/K

That was one of the BEST TIMES OF MY LIFE!!!!

Dingle Barry
06-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Do they sell season tickets in the upper decks on the baseline?

Kori Ellis
06-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Do they sell season tickets in the upper decks on the baseline?

Yes

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-04-2005, 01:15 PM
we should petition the Spurs organization and tell them we aren't going to take that crap anymore! We carry the team the whole year and then they leave us out in the cold when it comes to the big show!

Kori and others are right in that a lot of corporate ticket holders sell those tickets. Think about it - by selling 4 tickets to the Finals they can pay for several SEASON tickets for next year. They're not stupid.

And BTW, not to sound cynical, but do think they're going to give a damn about what joe blow who doesn't give them a dime all season and then wants $17 NBA Finals tickets thinks?

They've got bills to pay, and your evil corporate season ticket holders are the ones shelling out the big money to pay for the players' contracts.

Faccia di Angelo
06-04-2005, 01:18 PM
You should do some investigation to find out where the tickets are coming from before you seek blame. My guess is that many corporate season ticket holders (that hold blocks of tickets) sell these tickets to the brokers at a profit.

Well maybe some of us don't have the resources to invest a large amount of money to watch every single game ensuring us finals tickets. That doesn't make me any less of a die hard fan because you did and I didn't. I watch every single game and try to go to as many game as can be afforded, so you shouldn't question him or anyone carrying this team or not. I would just want the same fair chance and opportunity that everyone else deserves. But you are right, this is America, only I won't suffer through it.

You enjoy your game, Spurs fan.

SequSpur
06-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Spurs are pulling in at least $50 mill per season since the SBC center opened. I keep saying that over and over again..........

Just from ticket sales at 41 regular season games, about 10 playoff games, 3 preseason games.............. Just this cash is at least 90 million. Plus parking, plus concessions, + team logo apparel and stuff sales and Television contracts.........

How about close to 200 mill per year in revenue?

I didn't get tickets, because of my own fault. I could've ordered up to 6 playoff tickets a couple of months ago, but decided not to...

Right now, if I get tickets, its ownly to resell them at 10 times the value.

Late.

AlamoSpursFan
06-04-2005, 01:21 PM
If people wouldn't let themselves get raped by these scalpers, they'd go out of business. Don't buy from ticket brokers. Plain and simple.

timvp
06-04-2005, 01:21 PM
I could make my money back from buying playoff tickets just by selling both of my tickets to the first two games of the Finals. I'd actually turn a profit on the Spurs.

But going to Spurs games is one of my only breaks from the business world, so I enjoy it for what it is.

MannyIsGod
06-04-2005, 01:22 PM
You, I hate corporations more than the next guy...

But the fact is that without corporate support the NBA would not be what it is today. Telivised games? HA! Awesome promotiosn? HA!

Regardless of what htey do, there is no way to fill that place with every die hard fan, and people are going to be shut out.

It sucks, but I think it reaps more benefits than people realize.

gospursgojas
06-04-2005, 01:24 PM
George Gervin had an article that was posted here a few days ago...and he too, like us fans who think we should have a fair chance at tickets, was saddened by the fact that large corporations are the franchise's main priority over the 9-5'ers when it comes to tickets...

red kryptonite
06-04-2005, 01:25 PM
My immediate reaction is to form an angry mob ala The Simpsons and burn that barn that is the SBC Centre. But in my head I know not everyone can have tickets and this is just the way things work. There's a reason 99% of "regular" people can't go. I'm just going to go stand in line for my tickets to watch the game at a sports bar. I heard Fatso's is going quick.

mookie2001
06-04-2005, 01:25 PM
i would say money is somehow behind this

Phenomanul
06-04-2005, 02:38 PM
The SBC should have been built with more seating capacity than what it was....

If there is a game 6 or 7, they need to move these games to the Alamodome.

this way more people have a chance to attend.

GoSpurs21
06-04-2005, 03:20 PM
The SBC should have been built with more seating capacity than what it was....

If there is a game 6 or 7, they need to move these games to the Alamodome.

this way more people have a chance to attend.It's pathetic that people think they are owed a chance to see the Spurs in the Finals just cause they watched all the games on TV this season. Why should seats be empty most of the season so that IF the Spurs make the Finals the fans that only are interested in $10 final seats will have a chance?

You can buy a 10 game pack for $100 during the last months of the season and it gives you the oppertunity to buy the 16 game playoffs pack. If you are truly a die hard fan you would find a way to beg, borrow, steal and save for this $300 investment and a chance that you would get to see the Spurs live and in the Finals. $300 a year is less than $10 a week.

Stop your whining...if you cant be bothered to find $10 a week then why should anyone be bothered to listen to you?

Ginofan
06-04-2005, 03:29 PM
It's pathetic that people think they are owed a chance to see the Spurs in the Finals just cause they watched all the games on TV this season. Why should seats be empty most of the season so that IF the Spurs make the Finals the fans that only are interested in $10 final seats will have a chance?

You can buy a 10 game pack for $100 during the last months of the season and it gives you the oppertunity to buy the 16 game playoffs pack. If you are truly a die hard fan you would find a way to beg, borrow, steal and save for this $300 investment and a chance that you would get to see the Spurs live and in the Finals. $300 a year is less than $10 a week.

Stop your whining...if you cant be bothered to find $10 a week then why should anyone be bothered to listen to you?

Chill out man. Some people just can't afford it...even your so called $10 a week plan. Although I'm not ready to bitch and moan over not getting tickets, I don't think it's fair for you to go and put down people who can't afford what you obviously can and for you to think of yourself as a "better fan" just because you can go to every single game and all of the playoffs. I know some pretty die hard fans and they don't even live in SA...does that make them any less of a fan because they don't go to all of the games? :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-04-2005, 03:32 PM
If you can't find it by yourself then rope like 3-4 friends together and go in as a group.

Then put the playoff tickets in a hat and draw or something random like that, luck of the draw determines who gets what come playoff time.

Phenomanul
06-04-2005, 03:50 PM
It's pathetic that people think they are owed a chance to see the Spurs in the Finals just cause they watched all the games on TV this season. Why should seats be empty most of the season so that IF the Spurs make the Finals the fans that only are interested in $10 final seats will have a chance?

Dude.... calm down.

All I was saying was that it would be a nice gesture by the Spurs organization to let more people "experience" history in the making.

The Alamodome can seat more people... it makes perfect sense.

Being there is completely different from watching it on TV... you should know that since you apparently get the priviledge of attending multiple games per season. I on the other hand can only schedule one or two games per year... if lucky.

You are in no position to lecture me or anyone else about our devotion to the Spurs. You have been fortunate to obtain tickets... good for you... but please don't gloat about it or mock others who were more unfortunate.

Get off your high horse already.

goliath
06-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Im a season ticket holder. I would hate it and be royally pissed off if the Spurs moved the Finals to the dome. Way to reward the fans who payed money all year to go to the games by screwing with their sightlines, moving there seats farther back, ect, ect just so a few thousand more can spend $10 to go to the game in the dome. I understand that some people cant afford to go to games but you cant punish the fans who can just to satisfy those who cant.

GoSpurs21
06-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Dude.... calm down.

All I was saying was that it would be a nice gesture by the Spurs organization to let more people "experience" history in the making.

The Alamodome can seat more people... it makes perfect sense.

Get off your high horse already.For those of us who work hard so that we can afford to get full or partial season tickets and then invest our hard earned money for a chance to see the Spurs play in the playoffs, we dont want to have to change seats. For us that make that kind of investment it does not make sense to have to be moved back to the Alamodome so that more people can see the games.

As for high horse, the only thing I am preaching is that if you really want to see the Spurs (like anything good in life) you will have to work hard at it. Since this is exactly what the Spurs coaches and players expect from themselves (working hard), is it such a stretch that the fans expect it from each other.

If you can afford an internet connection you should be able to afford a 10 game pack plus playoff in the $10 seats. It's just that you think the internet connection is more valuable. Others may view the Spurs tickets as being more valuable. It's a matter of priorities.

But one of the biggest problems in America today is that some people think that they are owed something that most others work hard to obtain.

mouse
06-04-2005, 08:03 PM
They need to get rid of all WWW buying all together.
If those ticket agencies want there tickets let them stand in line like the rest of the tax paying Spur fans,

And a little heads up folks. by the time they let you get on line to buy your tickets?
The employees and there families that work for ticket master get a 15 minute jump on your ass it's one of the perks you get for working for ticket master.

rl64tx
06-04-2005, 08:05 PM
If those ticket agencies want there tickets let them stand in line like the rest of the tax paying Spur fans,

And a little heads up folks. by the time they let you get on line to buy your tickets?
The employees and there families that work for ticket master get a 15 minute jump on your ass it's one of the perks you get for working for ticket master.

Preach it Bro!!! It's all about bendin' over the little guys!!!

GoSpurs21
06-04-2005, 08:06 PM

The employees and there families that work for ticket master get a 15 minute jump on your ass it's one of the perks you get for working for ticket master.The brokers dont get their tickets online jackass, corporate and private season tickets holders sell them their tickets at profit. If you can make enough money to pay for a whole season with a couple of finals games that's why some people invest in extra tickets. It's called the American way. If you dont like it...you are free to leave.

GoSpurs21
06-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Preach it Bro!!! It's all about bendin' over the little guys!!!Little guys get bent because they dont want to put in the hard work that others do. Little guys would rather be lazy and blame others for thier problems. That's why they are little guys. If you want to be a big guy you must work hard (like the Spurs organization) or be born into it.

mouse
06-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Preach it Bro!!! It's all about bendin' over the little guys!!!

My ex boss's wife takes 30 tickets ,and sell them to the same broker every year, last year she made enough money to go to vegas, I have no idea what she will make this year.

rl64tx
06-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Little guys get bent because they dont want to put in the hard work that others do. Little guys would rather be lazy and blame others for thier problems. That's why they are little guys. If you want to be a big guy you must work hard (like the Spurs organization) or be born into it.

How bout a blow me samwich?? It's not that the little guy doesn't work hard it's because of people like George in the white house that want his buddies to get richer so the poor get poorer.... wake the hell up!!! do you get your hands dirty on a daily basis?? i bet not!! :blah

GoSpurs21
06-04-2005, 08:14 PM
My ex boss's wife takes 30 tickets ,and sell them to the same broker every year, last year she made enough money to go to vegas, I have no idea what she will make this year.and this is wrong because some little lazy asses like you think you are owed the oppertunity to buy these tickets at face value cause you buy bootleg t-shirts on the corner and have lived in SA your whole life but have been unable to hold a job for more than 6 months at a time but have been supporting the Spurs all season?

rl64tx
06-04-2005, 08:15 PM
and this is wrong because some little lazy asses like you think you are owed the oppertunity to buy these tickets at face value cause you buy bootleg t-shirts on the corner and have lived in SA your whole life but have been unable to hold a job for more than 6 months at a time but have been supporting the Spurs all season?

Take the silver spoon out yo mouth!!!

mouse
06-04-2005, 08:15 PM
How bout a blow me samwich??

You will get your wish brah , GoSpurs21 is a flaming Homo :lmao

mouse
06-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Take the silver spoon out yo mouth!!!

and don't forget the wooden broom from your ass also :lmao

pineflatt
06-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Agree with GoSpurs21. It boils down to a matter of priorities. We WILL spend our money on what's important to us. If going to a Spurs play off game is REALLY important, most of us will find a way to pay for it. Some of us will even start to save a few dollars in advance to make sure the money is there when the time comes.

In the final analysis, we all dribble away lots of money on just plain stuff. We could spend on the things that are more important to us (Spurs Playoff tickets for example). The problem is that when we are "dribbling" away our scarce dollars, we don't consider that we are blowing off our Spurs playoff tickes at the same time.

My advice...plan ahead, think before we act and divert money from other things to Tickets. It doesn't matter if we are a Little Guy or Corporate Executive, if we really want Playoff tickets well get them. That's the American way.

Phenomanul
06-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Agree with GoSpurs21. It boils down to a matter of priorities. We WILL spend our money on what's important to us. If going to a Spurs play off game is REALLY important, most of us will find a way to pay for it. Some of us will even start to save a few dollars in advance to make sure the money is there when the time comes.

In the final analysis, we all dribble away lots of money on just plain stuff. We could spend on the things that are more important to us (Spurs Playoff tickets for example). The problem is that when we are "dribbling" away our scarce dollars, we don't consider that we are blowing off our Spurs playoff tickes at the same time.

My advice...plan ahead, think before we act and divert money from other things to Tickets. It doesn't matter if we are a Little Guy or Corporate Executive, if we really want Playoff tickets well get them. That's the American way.

BULL CRAP.... GoSpurs21's $10 a week lay-away doesn't work unless you live in San Antonio...

He proclaims to embody the American Way.... lectures about priorities... Well, then he should realize that most out of town workers, such as myself, could not possibly even consider buying season packages; no matter how much we loved the Spurs. I have to get up for work at 5:15 AM -- everyday -- and don't leave for home till 5-6:00 PM. I'm sorry if my hard work does not grant me the freedoms to embellish my life with the comforts of "high society."

Can I afford it??? I probably could. Would it be practical. No.

My family is a real priority and buying season tickets on a speculation that the Spurs would reach the Finals (Even though it was my sig since day 1) is a risk I could have taken only if I lived in San Antonio -- because then it would have been easier to manage the tickets for the games I would not be able to attend.

First he derides my devotion to the Spurs...
Then he questions my role in society... as if I didn't earn my pay.
Now you question my financial decisions...

Again... all I was trying to say was that it would be a nice gesture for the Spurs organization to grant more of its fans an opportunity to "experience" history... You all seem to think that it is a bad idea only because you feel it would be a personal detriment to season ticket holders.

No one ever said you would lose your seat or that you would automatically have to sit in a worse locale. Both of you all need to lighten up.

More than anything I'm pissed at the fact that others can buy 100's of tickets for the sake of making money off of the true fans.

I would have been willing to pay $100 for a $10 seat. But that doesn't mean that the corporate injustice doesn't exist.

Quit trying to justify "scalping" as the American way. If that is your concept about capitalism, I pity you. The two things are not equanimous, because "stealing" is not the premise behind capitalism or the motor that drives it.

efrem1
06-04-2005, 10:30 PM
This stuff about ticket brokers getting the bulk of the tickets has been going on for almost 25 years. I remember going to game 5 of the 1983 WCF at the Forum and called their box office for tickets; after they said they were sold out, I called a ticket broker called Murray's Ticket Agency and got two Loge level seats for $40 a piece. That sure dates me doesn't it?

MannyIsGod
06-04-2005, 10:48 PM
The fact is that the Spurs are probably the best NBA franchise at doing exactly what you all are asking; bending over backwards for the everyday Joe. There were tickets available today for 17 freaking dollars! Thats for the NBA Finals!

17 freaking dollars!

There are only a certain amount of tickets available - even the dome can't sit every Spurs fan - and at some point there are going to be disapointed people. I was a poor as hell kid, and I hardly got to go to a game, and certainly not a playoff game.

You can knock the Spurs for being a cheap franchise, but by the same token they do so in some part to keep the prices down low. So complaining about them screwing the fans is BS.

Phenomanul
06-04-2005, 11:20 PM
The fact is that the Spurs are probably the best NBA franchise at doing exactly what you all are asking; bending over backwards for the everyday Joe. There were tickets available today for 17 freaking dollars! Thats for the NBA Finals!

17 freaking dollars!

There are only a certain amount of tickets available - even the dome can't sit every Spurs fan - and at some point there are going to be disapointed people. I was a poor as hell kid, and I hardly got to go to a game, and certainly not a playoff game.

You can knock the Spurs for being a cheap franchise, but by the same token they do so in some part to keep the prices down low. So complaining about them screwing the fans is BS.

I never said, or implied it was the Spurs organization that was being cheap....

The only thing I said that would remotely imply their participation was that they built an Arena with fewer seats than I thought it required.... But that was only my opinion... In fact, I agree with you... the organization offers all sorts of promotions throughout the year to the "average Joe"...

Going from 35,000+ seats at the Alamodome to a little less than 18,500 at the SBC is a rough change though... Statistically it would be hard to disagree.

Even the Staples Center which was built in 1999 has a capacity of greater than 20,500 people. And SBC Center was built 3 years later... Should have been more modern.

Anyways I don't understand how anyone could be on the side of the scalpers... they are bad for sports.

And yes... I did realize that the tickets were on sale for $17 dollars... it's just that I don't own an internet connection that can connect faster than the speed of light -- warp 1 on signals is all we can do... not even SBC can claim more... Hence all of those tickets went away in less than a minute... Yes... all of 60 seconds...

MannyIsGod
06-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Go look at the cost of the Staples Center Vs. SBC Center and explain to me why taxpayer money should be used to fund that difference. Especially when you consider how few games a year the Spurs sell out at the SBC center.

I'm not on the side of scalpers, and not all of my post was directed at you. It's directed at every comment about the Spurs screwing the fan, because that's far from what they do.

Phenomanul
06-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Go look at the cost of the Staples Center Vs. SBC Center and explain to me why taxpayer money should be used to fund that difference. Especially when you consider how few games a year the Spurs sell out at the SBC center.

I'm not on the side of scalpers, and not all of my post was directed at you. It's directed at every comment about the Spurs screwing the fan, because that's far from what they do.

The other aspect of my annoyance was the hard stance some of the season ticket holders were taking against fans who just can't, by any stretch of the imagination, take the luxury of buying season tickets.... As if they felt that the high price of season tickets entitled them to act condescendingly toward us....

It's almost as if the concept to move a Finals game to the Alamodome was premise enough to start a war...

manu maniac
06-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Hi hegambo
I too am from Corpus. I was on the internet at 12:00 trying to buy tickets and couldn't believe I did not get anything, not even just 1 ticket. My niece was in line at ticketmaster, and not even the 1st person in line got a ticket. My husband said he heard on the radio that only 1200 tickets go out to the public (that sucks). I also cannot buy season tickets, due to living in Corpus but I attend at least a dozen games a year, which have to be weekend games. It's sad that those $17.00 seats are on ebay going for over $150.00 each. We true spurs fans suffer and I'm disappointed, but I'll feel better when I see the spurs during that river parade. GO SPURS GO!

Steve Perry
06-04-2005, 11:59 PM
BULL CRAP.... GoSpurs21's $10 a week lay-away doesn't work unless you live in San Antonio...

He proclaims to embody the American Way.... lectures about priorities... Well, then he should realize that most out of town workers, such as myself, could not possibly even consider buying season packages; no matter how much we loved the Spurs. I have to get up for work at 5:15 AM -- everyday -- and don't leave for home till 5-6:00 PM. I'm sorry if my hard work does not grant me the freedoms to embellish my life with the comforts of "high society."

Can I afford it??? I probably could. Would it be practical. No.

My family is a real priority and buying season tickets on a speculation that the Spurs would the Finals (Even though it was my sig since day 1) is a risk I could have taken only if I lived in San Antonio -- because then it would have been easier to manage the tickets for the games I would not be able to attend.

First he derides my devotion to the Spurs...
Then he questions my role in society... as if I didn't earn my pay.
Now you question my financial decisions...

Again... all I was trying to say was that it would be a nice gesture for the Spurs organization to grant more of its fans an opportunity to "experience" history... You all seem to think that it is a bad idea only because you feel it would be a personal detriment to season ticket holders.

No one ever said you would lose your seat or that you would automatically have to sit in a worse locale. Both of you all need to lighten up.

More than anything I'm pissed at the fact that others can buy 100's of tickets for the sake of making money off of the true fans.

I would have been willing to pay $100 for a $10 seat. But that doesn't mean that the corporate injustice doesn't exist.

Quit trying to justify "scalping" as the American way. If that is your concept about capitalism, I pity you. The two things are not equanimous, because "stealing" is not the premise behind capitalism or the motor that drives it.

Rack this man !

Phenomanul
06-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Hi hegambo
I too am from Corpus. I was on the internet at 12:00 trying to buy tickets and couldn't believe I did not get anything, not even just 1 ticket. My niece was in line at ticketmaster, and not even the 1st person in line got a ticket. My husband said he heard on the radio that only 1200 tickets go out to the public (that sucks). I also cannot buy season tickets, due to living in Corpus but I attend at least a dozen games a year, which have to be weekend games. It's sad that those $17.00 seats are on ebay going for over $150.00 each. We true spurs fans suffer and I'm disappointed, but I'll feel better when I see the spurs during that river parade. GO SPURS GO!

Welcome to the forum Manu Maniac... I too will take solace when our Spurs bring home the Larry O'Brien Trophy in about 20 days....

MannyIsGod
06-05-2005, 12:05 AM
The other aspect of my annoyance was the hard stance some of the season ticket holders were taking against fans who just can't, by any stretch of the imagination, take the luxury of buying season tickets.... As if they felt that the high price of season tickets entitled them to act condescendingly toward us....

It's almost as if the concept to move a Finals game to the Alamodome was premise enough to start a war...
Well, to be fair, a lot of people have been acting as though the best fans out there are the ones that can't afford season tickets.

I don't think it's a big deal, and I count my lucky stars for the ticket I scored, but I also remember in 99 and 03 having to watch from the comfort of a couch or sports bar.

All in all, being there is the best, but watching it with the SpursTalk crew is awesome as well.

Phenomanul
06-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Cool Manny... I get your point and respect your opinion...

In fact if it wasn't for the hours that my job requires I would love to go to a GTG.... I might be able to make an exception during Finals.... Time will tell.

Anyways... I got stirred up was because posters like this were already taking that belligerent stance against fans without season tickets.... without taking the chance to understand just how fortunate they are.

Again, reading through that particular post was highly derrogatory and offensive.

As if...

For those of us who work hard so that we can afford to get full or partial season tickets and then invest our hard earned money for a chance to see the Spurs play in the playoffs, we dont want to have to change seats. For us that make that kind of investment it does not make sense to have to be moved back to the Alamodome so that more people can see the games.

As for high horse, the only thing I am preaching is that if you really want to see the Spurs (like anything good in life) you will have to work hard at it. Since this is exactly what the Spurs coaches and players expect from themselves (working hard), is it such a stretch that the fans expect it from each other.

If you can afford an internet connection you should be able to afford a 10 game pack plus playoff in the $10 seats. It's just that you think the internet connection is more valuable. Others may view the Spurs tickets as being more valuable. It's a matter of priorities.

But one of the biggest problems in America today is that some people think that they are owed something that most others work hard to obtain.

MannyIsGod
06-05-2005, 12:18 AM
I hear ya.

Steve Perry
06-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Red McCombs would not let this happen, he would make sure all Spur fans got to see their team. even the little boy who lives in the courts can be a part of san Antonio.. But now times have changed, 3/4 of the north side are folks from up north that don't even know who the GunSlingers are. Red would make sure sections of the Hemis fair Arena , had 5 dollar tickets for the first come first served people of this great city, You took pride in standing in line, Tv and radio staions all chimed in, it was something special. your Spurs are going to play the lakers in the playoffs and Daddy is only 5th in line,, that was pride S A .

You only could get 4 tickets each, but you felt like you had a fighting chance,
unlike the Heros of the Alamo. I remember I could sell out the Joe freeman Coliseum at one time. My God what has this city become......?

Kori Ellis
06-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Red McCombs would not let this happen, he would make sure all Spur fans got to see their team.

How?

Did he have a stadium for two million people?

mouse
06-05-2005, 12:40 AM
I hear ya.

Holy shit! thank you for the new sig :lmao

Phenomanul
06-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Holy shit! thank you for the new sig :lmao

LOL @ Mouse's compilation of other people's quotes for his own signature list.

MannyIsGod
06-05-2005, 01:18 AM
:lol

Bitch, when I see you next, it's on.

Slomo
06-05-2005, 02:05 AM
How?

OMG are the Slovenians coming?

:lol

spurschick
06-05-2005, 08:48 AM
What I've gathered here is that there are a lot of tickets out there being sold for 2-3 times what they're worth. I'm guessing now, but it seems to me that the folks in this town who are wealthy enough to spend that kind of money already have their own tickets. The rest of us average joes can't afford, or simply don't want to pay, that kind of a price. So who buys these tickets? Visiting team fans? Do the seats simply go empty if they go unsold, or do the brokers have some deal with ticketmaster that they can start selling them back to them if a certain quota isn't made by noon of game day?

Opinionater
06-05-2005, 08:52 AM
IMHO, the best seat to watch the game is in my own home, in front of my own big screen TV eating my own snacks, my own beer that doesn't cost $6 a bottle and I can control the volume and there is never a line at the the head.

SpursWoman
06-05-2005, 09:21 AM
How?

I was going to say......what are they supposed to do to accomodate every single Spurs fan? Build an arena for 5 million or whatever? WTF? That'd be really cost effective throughout the course of the year.

Even if they opened the Alamodome with twice as many seats for the Finals, people will STILL be disappointed. So it sells out in 3 minutes instead of 1.

All professional sports playoff games are expensive...that's just the market value of that product, period. I can't afford that $80,000 car I want, so I don't think it's fair that I can't just get it for $10,000? I mean, it probably only costs about $10,000 to make...and that company makes a ton of money anyway. Maybe Redd McCombs can make it happen..... :lol

And as far as accomodating the corporate ticket holders over the everyday fan, well, regular paying customers tend to get preferential treatment pretty much everywhere you go, why would anyone expect otherwise? Because you finally want to go and can't?

AlamoSpursFan
06-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Opening the Alamodome would be a stupid idea anyways. Given all the whining about the awful sight-lines for shooters and the fact that this team is not used to playing in it, we would effectively turn home court advantage into a wash. It would be a neutral site series on our end.

ididnotnothat
06-05-2005, 09:33 AM
What about opening the Dome for a Spurs Fan Watch Night?
But up some of those big screens they have for concerts and let the people party. But the beer prices would be too high,

newbiefan
06-05-2005, 09:45 AM
I like the idea of opening up the dome for viewing the game. As far as the corporate block tickets, the problem I have with that is that these big corporates hand out these tickets as promotional incentives to clients or potential clients. they in turn don't even use them or give them forward.

MannyIsGod
06-05-2005, 10:00 AM
I like the idea for opening up the Dome if the Spurs are going to pay for it. I don't want to have the city footing the bill.

newbiefan
06-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Does not one of the local theaters screen show certain spurs games with free admission?? you just have to pay for your popcorn,beer, food etc.??

SpursWoman
06-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Does not one of the local theaters screen show certain spurs games with free admission?? you just have to pay for your popcorn,beer, food etc.??

Alamo Draft House has had 3 or 4 screens showing it during the playoffs so far, I can't imagine they wouldn't do it for the finals, too. :)

Useruser666
06-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Did anyone have any problems getting tickets for the previous playoff rounds?

mouse
06-05-2005, 01:20 PM
How?

since you did not live here at the time .and since you was a Utah Jazz fan?

I can see how your not a Big Red McCombs fan, But let me tell you about this person...

Red would make the upper level of the Arena 5 dollar seats. and you would go get your tickets in person, he would not allow anyone to take advantage of his team in any way, And he Would listen to the Fans unlike Peter Holt Red was always looking out for the hard working tax payer, That is why David Robinson and him got along so well.

You think Mr McCombs would allow Ticket master, and others,to do what they are doing today, If so ? then many of you don't know about the man they call Red he is like an Uncle here In San Antonio he made the Spurs part of our lives and part of our Familly.

You Think Red And David Robinson would just watch those young kids at the carver academy pay 200 bucks each of there school money just to sit in the nose bleed section of the SBC?

If so, then you have a lot to learn about what being a Spur is all about, it's not just a Game, it's a way of life..........

Useruser666
06-05-2005, 01:27 PM
since you did not live here at the time .and since you was a Utah Jazz fan?

I can see how your not a Big Red McCombs fan, But let me tell you about this person...

Red would make the upper level of the Arena 5 dollar seats. and you would go get your tickets in person, he would not allow anyone to take advantage of his team in any way, And he Would listen to the Fans unlike Peter Holt Red was always looking out for the hard working tax payer, That is why David Robinson and him got along so well.

You think Mr McCombs would allow Ticket master, and others,to do what they are doing today, If so ? then many of you don't know about the man they call Red he is like an Uncle here In San Antonio he made the Spurs part of our lives and part of our Familly.

You Think Red And David Robinson would just watch those young kids at the carver academy pay 200 bucks each of there school money just to sit in the nose bleed section of the SBC?

If so, then you have a lot to learn about what being a Spur is all about, it's not just a Game, it's a way of life..........

Well Mouse, I was here when the Spurs played in the dome and at the Hemi. Ticket borkers will always buy tickets and there is nothing you can really do to beat that. They hire regular people to wait in line for them and then collect the tickets from them. So even in lotto systems they will take a big chunk of tickets for resale. The 5 dollar tickets were nice, but they were more expensive in the playoffs too. The only good thing about the dome was that there were MORE tickets to fight over.

mouse
06-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Bro I am talking about 25 years ago. you and Spurs Wowan was still in your play pens what do you know about Red? :lmao

Unlike Peter Holt red was always putting the fans first. and unlike Peter Holt , Red could handle his Booze

MannyIsGod
06-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Getting into a debate with Mouse is probably one of the most futile actions possible.

mouse
06-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Getting into a debate with Mouse is probably one of the most futile actions possible.

The above post was brought to you by:http://www.thetrolls.com/phpbb/images/smiles/icon_pee-right.gifhttp://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us/img/sys/common_new/tmLogo.jpg

Deadbeat Dad
06-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Dam! and I was going to take my kids to the game..

Jame Gumb
06-05-2005, 01:59 PM

Translation: It's Sunday and I don't feel like getting my ass waxed right now :lmao

Phenomanul
06-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Opening the Alamodome would be a stupid idea anyways. Given all the whining about the awful sight-lines for shooters and the fact that this team is not used to playing in it, we would effectively turn home court advantage into a wash. It would be a neutral site series on our end.

I don't get how it would be neutral... As far as I know, 90+% of the attendees would be stauch Spurs supporters...

As for the awful sight lines... At least three Spurs have good shooting percentages in the Dome; Duncan, Barry and Horry.

Phenomanul
06-05-2005, 11:53 PM
I was going to say......what are they supposed to do to accomodate every single Spurs fan? Build an arena for 5 million or whatever? WTF? That'd be really cost effective throughout the course of the year.

Even if they opened the Alamodome with twice as many seats for the Finals, people will STILL be disappointed. So it sells out in 3 minutes instead of 1.

All professional sports playoff games are expensive...that's just the market value of that product, period. I can't afford that $80,000 car I want, so I don't think it's fair that I can't just get it for $10,000? I mean, it probably only costs about $10,000 to make...and that company makes a ton of money anyway. Maybe Redd McCombs can make it happen..... :lol

And as far as accomodating the corporate ticket holders over the everyday fan, well, regular paying customers tend to get preferential treatment pretty much everywhere you go, why would anyone expect otherwise? Because you finally want to go and can't?

I don't know how much of the thread you read...

My frustration was against a certain season ticket holder who felt entitled to act derisive and condescending toward those of us who couldn't get tickets....

He questioned my devotion to the Spurs...
He questioned my priorities...
Then he accused me of financial mismanagement...

Someone told him to "take his silver spoon out of his mouth"... I think they fell short of what they really needed to tell him.

In anycase, is it the end of the world becuase I can't go to the Finals??? NO.
I still get to watch the Finals in the comfort of my own home... And as long as the Spurs win I will be a very happy camper.

As far as your car example... I just don't think that concept was implied anywhere... I am completely in favor of paying the market value of the ticket... Except none exist anymore... sold out in one minute... The problem there is that there is far more demand than supply.

But why? Because scalpers have bought extra tickets to make money off of the true fans... that's what I'm mad about... It's a padded version of stealing.

Others have mentioned that that's just the way it is, but it doesn't change the fact that the institutionalized injustice exists.

In your case or UserUser's, who legitimately own season tickets as fans... that's great for you. You can do whatever you please with your tickets because at least we know where your devotion lies. You don't buy them with the sole purpose of making more money or with a pre-disposed intent not to watch any games.

Kori Ellis
06-05-2005, 11:56 PM
:blah :blah :blah

Thanks for the history lesson. :angel

My point was that no matter who owns the team and how big the arena is ... a lot of fans still aren't going to get tickets. You said Red would make sure ALL Spurs fans got a ticket. That's impossible. That's all I'm saying.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2005, 12:04 AM
But why? Because scalpers have bought extra tickets to make money off of the true fans... that's what I'm mad about... It's a padded version of stealing.

I understand a lot of fans frustration in that. The only way to change it is make scalpers/ticket brokers illegal.

What is weird to me is that all season the Spurs tell season ticket holders that they can't sell their tickets for higher than face value. Then all of a sudden when the playoffs started, they advocated selling them for three times face value on ticket exchange.

Phenomanul
06-06-2005, 12:10 AM
I understand a lot of fans frustration in that. The only way to change it is make scalpers/ticket brokers illegal.

What is weird to me is that all season the Spurs tell season ticket holders that they can't sell their tickets for higher than face value. Then all of a sudden when the playoffs started, they advocated selling them for three times face value on ticket exchange.

They need to push this topic up to congressional hearings like they did for steroids... :spin