PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen on ESPN NEWS next(1:30)

2centsworth
06-04-2005, 01:28 PM
coming up

Kori Ellis
06-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks.

Clandestino
06-04-2005, 01:31 PM
if those boring softball chicks ever finish!

missmyzte
06-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks!

Big Pimp_21
06-04-2005, 03:34 PM
well...what was the interview about? Anything interesting?

Kori Ellis
06-04-2005, 07:09 PM
They asked Bruce if what he thought about people saying he was dirty. He said he didn't care and they are entitled their opinion. He said that he respects them (i.e. Allen, Carter, Pippen) but that obviously they don't respect him enough.

He talked about back when he was with the Celtics and that he thought he wasn't getting enough playing time. He said that happens to a lot of players and they need to look at themselves instead of bitching about it. That they probably need to improve their game -- he did.

He also talked about generic stuff concerning the Spurs possible matchups with the Heat or Pistons.

They asked him point blank if he's a better defender than Artest. He said Yes. He cited the example of how Artest didn't guard Hamilton very well last postseason, and how he thinks that he could do a much better job.

cmc$purs
06-04-2005, 08:03 PM
[/I] BOWEN IS A STUD!!! HE MAKES CRYBABIES OUT OF "allstars" ie: allen & carter

xcoriate
06-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Bruce is taking no prisoners

T Park
06-04-2005, 09:55 PM
If the Spurs play the Pistons, he better hope Hamilton hadn't heard that.

Come on Bowen, thats just bulletin board material come on!!!!

smackdaddy11
06-04-2005, 10:06 PM
I don't think anyone needs bulletin board motivation in the finals.

T Park
06-04-2005, 10:08 PM
it doesnt hurt.

gives great motivation for say a game 1 on the road.

Thinking comments like that wouldnt fire up an All Star like Richard Hamilton is nuts.

Kori Ellis
06-04-2005, 11:13 PM
He wasn't saying anything bad about Hamilton. He was just saying that he could guard him better than Artest did. It was a slight to Artest -- not Hamilton.

2centsworth
06-04-2005, 11:26 PM
If the Spurs play the Pistons, he better hope Hamilton hadn't heard that.

Come on Bowen, thats just bulletin board material come on!!!!
bulletin board material, that shit is meaningless unless you're some scrub team.

Kona
06-04-2005, 11:57 PM
1. bowen is a better defender than artest.

2. artest is a better basketball talent than bowen, especially offensively.

3. artest is mike tyson-crazy.

4. i like bowen for us.

5. bowen will get another ring, artest may not get any.

6. bowen, hands down.

Sense
06-05-2005, 12:51 AM
1. bowen is a better defender than artest.

2. artest is a better basketball talent than bowen, especially offensively.

3. artest is mike tyson-crazy.

4. i like bowen for us.

5. bowen will get another ring, artest may not get any.

6. bowen, hands down.

Explain why you numbered....

Nothing related to this thread would've made a good question to your answer.

gilmor
06-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Hey Sense.. cut others some slack..

mavsfan1000
06-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Hey Sense.. cut others some slack..
If I say one thing that he doesn't like he calls me a stupid idiot. He is always pissed at something.

Kori Ellis
06-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Explain why you numbered....

Nothing related to this thread would've made a good question to your answer.

It's logical to me. He was answering the question posed to Bowen regarding Bowen's defense vs Artest's.

Sense, just post without judging everyone else's posts.

timvp
06-05-2005, 01:40 AM
If Sense doesn't start participating in a decent manner, Kori will have to reverse the decision to let him back on the board.

slayermin
06-05-2005, 02:07 AM
I just noticed this thread. I made one on the other message board earlier today.
------------------------------

He's about to get interviewed shortly, according to the hosts. It's currently 10:39am pacific time.

------------------------------

He's on next. Currently 11:34am pacific.

You can go to ESPN.com and email him a question.

-----------------------------------
Here is the gist of what was talked about. The questions and answers are not exact.

What do you look for when you watch Rip Hamilton and Dwyane Wade?
Bruce: Rip is good at moving without the ball. He flies off screens. Against Wade, you want to deny him the ball. Don't let him get to his sweet spots.

Comment from chat: Bruce Bowen is a dirty player. Dominique from Rhode Island.
Bruce: He's entitled to his opinion.

What does it take to be a defensive stopper?
Bruce: It takes commitment to be a great defensive player.

Why did you become a defensive stopper?
Defense wins championships. Pop is a stickler for defense.

What is your rep. around the league?
Bruce: I don't concern myself or worry about it. I don't know what my rep is. People are entitled to their opinion. I don't think in the heat of battle, those opposing players(Carter, Allen, Pippen) respect me.

What is your mindset during the layoff?
Bruce: We don't want to be complacent and stay focused.

Who do you think is a better defender, Ron Artest or yourself? Sam-LA
Bruce: Myself. Ron won the DPOY. Ron chased Rip around in the eastern conf. finals which gave him exposure. But I think I am more suited to chasing a guy like Rip around the court.

gospursgojas
06-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Pippen??? Can anyone explain why he is mention along with Ray and Vince

PM5K
06-05-2005, 03:03 AM
bulletin board material, that shit is meaningless unless you're some scrub team.

All I know is that if Jordan read that (A 6 Time NBA Champion) he would light up Bruce for 50+....

Kori Ellis
06-05-2005, 03:06 AM
Again, Bowen didn't say anything bad about Rip. He just said that he'd do a better job on him than Artest did. It was against Artest ... not anything that Rip could use as "bulletin board" material.

Kori Ellis
06-05-2005, 03:08 AM
Pippen??? Can anyone explain why he is mention along with Ray and Vince

This is Pippen's take on Bowen's D ...

Defensive Player of the Year
And the winner is .. Allen Iverson. With the way the game's being called now, I don't see a lot of defense in the league. They don't physically give you a chance to challenge a guy. The way I played Magic in the '91 Finals, you'll never see that again. That was fun. It was entertainment. The Rules Committee has taken all that out of that game and they're promoting scoring. It's hard to find a defensive player in the game. A lot of people mention Bruce Bowen as a candidate, but he's not a defensive player and he's never been a defensive player. He's got a seven-footer behind him who can block shots. What's his defense? Run you at the seven-footer? You put a seven-footer like Tim Duncan behind me, who's gonna get defensive player of the year, me or Tim Duncan? The deal with Bowen is he's 6-7 and there's not many people who can shoot over a 6-7 person. He never received the Defensive Player of the Year Award when he played in Miami, did he? Allen Iverson gets my vote because of his ability to steal the basketball. He's expends so much energy on the offensive end, carrying the load for the Sixers while leading the league in scoring yet he also brings it on the defensive end. Judging on how the game is being played, he's done an amazing job.

PM5K
06-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Again, Bowen didn't say anything bad about Rip. He just said that he'd do a better job on him than Artest did. It was against Artest ... not anything that Rip could use as "bulletin board" material.

Again....

mavsfan1000
06-05-2005, 03:12 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao