PDA

View Full Version : GOP trying to block youtube video they published

ElNono
03-31-2011, 06:36 PM
GOP works to cover up video they previously published on internet (http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/gop-trying-desperately-to-cover-up-video-they-previously-published-on-internet)

"The Examiner reports that Wisconsin Republicans claim that no one else can republish a video of United States Representative Sean Duffy (http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/gop-trying-desperately-to-cover-up-video-they-previously-published-on-internet) (R-WI) complaining about how he is 'struggling' to get by on his $174,000 salary without their permission, even though they originally released the video on YouTube for the whole world to see and now the GOP is trying to take legal action to stop anyone else from republishing the video (http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/documents/2011/03/polk-county-wi-gop-dmca-claim.php?page=1). The tape caused a stir for Duffy, a first-term conservative best known for his past as a reality TV show star on MTV's The Real World after Democrats flagged the comments about his taxpayer-funded salary which is nearly three times the median income in Wisconsin and criticisms began to flow Duffy's way. Here's a one-minute clip (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/gopers-demand-sean-duffy-salary-tape-be-pulled-from-the-internet.php?ref=fpblg), excerpted from roughly 45 minutes of video of the public Duffy townhall, that the Polk County GOP doesn't want anyone to see."

Wild Cobra
03-31-2011, 07:49 PM
It just goes to show that no matter how much you make within certain limits, it's not enough. We all find ways to spend it. Nicer car with larger payments, bigger house with bigger payments, etc. I don't think that clip represents much except to show he isn't a very good orator.

Drachen
03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Is this guy part of the family that Latrell Sprewell was trying to feed?

baseline bum
03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
It just goes to show that no matter how much you make within certain limits, it's not enough. We all find ways to spend it. Nicer car with larger payments, bigger house with bigger payments, etc. I don't think that clip represents much except to show he isn't a very good orator.

Bravo. You are a fucking outstanding troll.

fraga
03-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Mahahaha...I'm struggling like everyone else...I bet there half the audience wanted to kick the living shit out of that guy after saying some dumb shit like that...6 kids...why throw that in...who the fuck told you to have 6 kids dick hole...trying to get sympathy...sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit...

Winehole23
03-31-2011, 10:30 PM
A man who makes more than 95% of Americans can't make ends meet. Pobrecito.

Wild Cobra
03-31-2011, 10:38 PM
A man who makes more than 95% of Americans can't make ends meet. Pobrecito.
Human nature. the more you make, the more you want. I'll bet he was in debt enough not to have much after making all his monthly payments. Most of us do it.

Winehole23
03-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Patrick Ewing defense for richies, bootstraps and stern lectures about hard work and personal character for the poor. I see how you roll.

Marcus Bryant
03-31-2011, 10:53 PM
A man for these times.

Marcus Bryant
03-31-2011, 11:21 PM
Someone from "The Real World" made it to The Congress and bitched about making $175k a year? Not surprising, on both counts.

Marcus Bryant
03-31-2011, 11:27 PM
Reality television is the final nail in the coffin of Western civilization.

Stringer_Bell
04-01-2011, 06:42 AM
If Rep. Duffy wants to end his "struggling," he needs to work hard, make good investments, STOP HAVING SO MANY DAMN KIDS (I wonder how much his tax refund is tbh). He has opportunities in front of him waiting to make him money!

TeyshaBlue
04-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Human nature. the more you make, the more you want. I'll bet he was in debt enough not to have much after making all his monthly payments. Most of us do it.

No, just stupid rationalization. It's quite easy to live within your means...especially if your means are 3x time avg. Deny the urge for instant gratification.

Peeps do it everyday.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Are those dead links in the OP? I'm checking on my phone and getting an error.

Winehole23
04-01-2011, 10:01 AM
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/cnn-accuses-tpm-of-selectively-editing-duffy-tape-video.php?ref=fpb

baseline bum
04-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Amazing that the right wing echo chamber can call CNN a leftist network.

Wild Cobra
04-01-2011, 10:53 AM
No, just stupid rationalization. It's quite easy to live within your means...especially if your means are 3x time avg. Deny the urge for instant gratification.

Peeps do it everyday.This is true, but some people also fail to keep things in check.

I'm only pointing out the human nature aspect of it. Too many people over extend at times. I have, have you never done so? I think his words were in bad taste, but I also didn't see the whole thing in context. Still, I think it's a pretty lame topic. If that's the best there is against the man, then he has my vote, because that's a mistake most people make at one time in their life. Not a big deal.

Consider this "what if."

What if he was making $400+k before he was elected, and was making payments based on that income, and took a cut in pay to be in congress. Not saying it happened, just pointing out we don't have context, and that it is possible.

Why do most people here fail to have an open mind?

baseline bum
04-01-2011, 11:39 AM
You kill me WC. :rollin Let's get our rifles and head to the border. First magazine is on me.

ChumpDumper
04-01-2011, 12:42 PM
He should become a teacher.

diego
04-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Someone from "The Real World" made it to The Congress and bitched about making $175k a year? Not surprising, on both counts.

:lol

here in chile, the gov. appointed a woman who had never worked before to run the state day care programs; her only experience beyond being a human and a mother was through her (opus dei) church. first, she said that most of the children in the state day care were there because their mothers were out partying and going to the beach instead of taking care of their children; then she went out and said that her USD$8,000/month salary was peanuts (the average salary here is about USD$650/ month). the most unbelievable part is that it took several days to pressure her into stepping down.

LnGrrrR
04-01-2011, 01:40 PM
:lol WC

I guess he shouldn't have bought a home he can't afford, right? We know how much sympathy you have for people who overextend themselves.

Marcus Bryant
04-01-2011, 02:07 PM
This is true, but some people also fail to keep things in check.

I'm only pointing out the human nature aspect of it. Too many people over extend at times. I have, have you never done so? I think his words were in bad taste, but I also didn't see the whole thing in context. Still, I think it's a pretty lame topic. If that's the best there is against the man, then he has my vote, because that's a mistake most people make at one time in their life. Not a big deal.

Consider this "what if."

What if he was making $400+k before he was elected, and was making payments based on that income, and took a cut in pay to be in congress. Not saying it happened, just pointing out we don't have context, and that it is possible.

Politics is rhetoric. Granted, the vast majority of it is focus-group tested crap, but it is what it is. When one of these jackass politicians goes off script it reveals more than years of press releases and ghostwritten speeches could ever reveal about the individual character. If an individual thinks that $175k is not enough for them to live on, then that is a significant piece of information for the people they represent.

Or, he opened his mouth and confirmed that he was a former reality television star.

EVAY
04-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Reality television is the final nail in the coffin of Western civilization.

LOL. Well said!

Wild Cobra
04-01-2011, 09:19 PM
:lol WC

I guess he shouldn't have bought a home he can't afford, right? We know how much sympathy you have for people who overextend themselves.
Did I say otherwise? If he put himself in a position to lose his house, I wouldn't say he needs our help. As it stands, he was making ends meet, and had a second house he could have sold if he needed too. I think the purpose of his words were to tell people he understood what it was like to have less money than needed.

Why are you so biased against what I say. You shoot strait to the worse possible meaning.

Bad form.

Wild Cobra
04-01-2011, 09:20 PM
If an individual thinks that $175k is not enough for them to live on, then that is a significant piece of information for the people they represent.

It's all relative.

Did you comprehend my "what if?"

Marcus Bryant
04-01-2011, 09:41 PM
What if you bend over backwards to defend those who say stupid things because they happen to be a Republican?

Marcus Bryant
04-01-2011, 09:44 PM
As for relativity, the man is bitching about making an annual salary vastly higher than most Americans as an elected representative of the people. Given your angst about those sucking on the public teat, he would seem to be an excellent target for you.

Wild Cobra
04-01-2011, 10:16 PM
What if you bend over backwards to defend those who say stupid things because they happen to be a Republican?
Have I or have I not said that I agree Obama's actions are legal, even though I disagree with them.

Please take off your blinders.

Wild Cobra
04-01-2011, 10:16 PM
As for relativity, the man is bitching about making an annual salary vastly higher than most Americans as an elected representative of the people. Given your angst about those sucking on the public teat, he would seem to be an excellent target for you.
So you are jealous also?

Bad form...

LnGrrrR
04-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Did I say otherwise? If he put himself in a position to lose his house, I wouldn't say he needs our help. As it stands, he was making ends meet, and had a second house he could have sold if he needed too. I think the purpose of his words were to tell people he understood what it was like to have less money than needed.

Why are you so biased against what I say. You shoot strait to the worse possible meaning.

Bad form.

You tend to see things in the most positive light for Republicans, and not for Democrats. Rest assured, if this guy had a D after his name, you'd think it showed how out of touch he was.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-01-2011, 10:49 PM
You tend to see things in the most positive light for Republicans, and not for Democrats. Rest assured, if this guy had a D after his name, you'd think it showed how out of touch he was.

No, he doesn't just tend to see things in a positive light for Republicans, he makes a genuine effort to do it.

WC isn't naive. He's a hypocrite of the highest order.

Marcus Bryant
04-01-2011, 10:50 PM
So you are jealous also?

Bad form...

"Bad form" is bitching about your fat ass congressional salary because it crimps your style.

As for jealousy, better to be accused of that by a nitwit such as yourself than to be an apologist for stupidity.

Wild Cobra
04-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Sorry you don't understand my point. I thought it was simple enough.

No, he doesn't just tend to see things in a positive light for Republicans, he makes a genuine effort to do it.

WC isn't naive. He's a hypocrite of the highest order.
Not true. Sorry you can't see past your blinders.

"Bad form" is bitching about your fat ass congressional salary because it crimps your style.

As for jealousy, better to be accused of that by a nitwit such as yourself than to be an apologist for stupidity.
I'm not apologizing for him, he made a mistake. I'm saying that under certain "what if" circumstances, I can understand. I didn't say I approve.

My God...

The three of you are really being lame. Why can't you understand the points I make. Instead, you attack without rebuttal.

Must not have a decent rebuttal I guess.

ElNono
04-02-2011, 01:15 AM
This is true, but some people also fail to keep things in check.

Consider this "what if."

But the poor are poor only because they don't look for better opportunities... :lol

Where was this 'human aspect' you empathize with when we were discussing that?

Wild Cobra
04-02-2011, 12:01 PM
But the poor are poor only because they don't look for better opportunities... :lol
No, the safety net became a hammock.

Where was this 'human aspect' you empathize with when we were discussing that?
What type of progress for bettering peoples lives does empathy provide?

I believe in giving a hand up. Not unlimited hand-outs.

Marcus Bryant
04-02-2011, 02:13 PM
No, the safety net became a hammock.

What type of progress for bettering peoples lives does empathy provide?

I believe in giving a hand up. Not unlimited hand-outs.

Any examples of "unlimited hand-outs" you actually have?

Marcus Bryant
04-02-2011, 02:16 PM
My God...

The three of you are really being lame. Why can't you understand the points I make.

Oh, I understand your "points" and they are fucking stupid. See, that's how you can understand and not end up defending a fucking moron such as Duffy.

Wild Cobra
04-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Any examples of "unlimited hand-outs" you actually have?
It's all around us. Real life. Are you blind?

Unlimited in time without being accountable to get off the system. The social workers have job security by keeping people in the system. If they actually helped people get off the various welfare systems, they would be putting themselves out of work.

Marcus Bryant
04-02-2011, 08:48 PM
It's all around us. Real life. Are you blind?

Are you full of shit or do you have any actual examples of unlimited welfare benefits at the federal level?

Wild Cobra
04-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Oh, I understand your "points" and they are fucking stupid. See, that's how you can understand and not end up defending a fucking moron such as Duffy.

I wasn't defending him like you may think, Only pointing out possibilities. I have shown I have an open mind. You obviously do not.

Marcus Bryant
04-02-2011, 08:51 PM
When I see stupidity I condemn it. You, on the other hand, embrace it.

Wild Cobra
04-02-2011, 09:04 PM
When I see stupidity I condemn it. You, on the other hand, embrace it.
I belief I agreed he was stupid in the way he said things, but again. We only saw a short clip. Was it in context?

As for you unfounded assumption that I support him because he is a republican... All I see is ignorant bias on your part. I thought you were better than that. It's rare, but I have pointed out possible actions on Obama's part that could equally be seen as "embracing it." At least take your partisan blinders off.

ElNono
04-02-2011, 09:20 PM
We only saw a short clip. Was it in context?

:rollin

LnGrrrR
04-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Other arguments WC will soon introduce to this thread:

"Are we sure that's really him, and not a lookalike saying things to make him seem foolish?"

"He might be forced into saying it, perhaps there's a sniper keeping him on message"

"Are we sure this video isn't a complete fabrication, and any and all witness statements aren't the same thing? This could all be made up by libtards!"

Marcus Bryant
04-03-2011, 10:07 AM
If he had a problem with the congressional salary he shouldn't have campaigned for the office.

Unless you are related to the moron, you shouldn't give a shit about him.

Wild Cobra
04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Other arguments WC will soon introduce to this thread:

"Are we sure that's really him, and not a lookalike saying things to make him seem foolish?"

"He might be forced into saying it, perhaps there's a sniper keeping him on message"

"Are we sure this video isn't a complete fabrication, and any and all witness statements aren't the same thing? This could all be made up by libtards!"
Sorry. Not the way I think. Maybe Mouse's opposite...

Spurminator
04-03-2011, 12:34 PM
He should become a teacher.

:lol

Exactly. Then maybe he could afford to have two separate doors on his garage.