PDA

View Full Version : Why is McDyess Starting?

Xevious
03-31-2011, 09:56 PM
I know Pop's plan was to increase his minutes as the playoffs approached, and maybe the recent strain of injuries is making the situation seem worse than it is, but is McDyess in the starting lineup the best idea?

No doubt he's the best big next to Duncan on the roster, but that leaves Blair and Bonner coming off the bench (don't kid yourself, Splitter isn't seeing any playoff minutes). Spurs played their best ball with Blair in the starting unit. At least Duncan could cover some of his defensive deficiencies, and McDyess was there to close out games if necessary.

Blair/Bonner in the game together is a recipe for disaster. Hopefully we never see that lineup come playoff time.

mexicanjunior
03-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Blair/Bonner in the game together is a recipe for disaster. Hopefully we never see that lineup come playoff time.

Only way it doesn't is if Bonner gets his arms sawed off and tries to shoot 3's with his feet...

timtonymanu
03-31-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't think McDyess starting is the problem. Replace Splitter with either Bonner or Blair and I think the defense would be more credible.

ElNono
Dice is the second best big man on this team... that's why

ALVAREZ6
why are all of these why is ____________? threads being started??????

----> Because Pop is a mother fucking faggot moron

Xevious
03-31-2011, 10:05 PM
I don't think McDyess starting is the problem. Replace Splitter with either Bonner or Blair and I think the defense would be more credible.
That'll never happen.

Splitter will get zero minutes, and Bonner will get too many. It really depends on Blair's minutes and the rotations Pop uses.

DontStopBelieving
03-31-2011, 10:10 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong about this.

I believed that McDyess starting would more than make up for shittiness of the Blair/Bonner lineup, but I was wrong.

This has completely fucked up our chemistry, and has allowed the worst front court combination in the league to play half of the damn game.

ALSO, lets be completely honest. Dice hasn't really looked all that impressive the past couple weeks or so either.

Its all a complete mess that seemingly would be solved fairly easily if Pop would simply play Splitter, but that doesn't look like its going to happen. We just have to deal with it I guess.

Xevious
03-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Ideally though, I'd like to see Splitter back Tim up and have Blair/Bonner fight over the 4th big minutes.

ElNono
03-31-2011, 10:11 PM
We just have to deal with it I guess.

I much rather Neal with it...

Capt Bringdown
03-31-2011, 10:14 PM
ALSO, lets be completely honest. Dice hasn't really looked all that impressive the past couple weeks or so either.

This.

Obstructed_View
04-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Dice does some great things on the offensive side of the ball, but on defense he's just offensive.