PDA

View Full Version : What I took from this game....

xellos88330
03-31-2011, 10:14 PM
1. Boston fans love to play dress up.

2. Spurs had great looks in the 3rd from beyond the arc. Can't blame them for taking them. If the Spurs insist on continuing to miss those shots, they need to get their asses back on transition defense. 6 point Celtic run due to shoddy transition defense after a missed 3.

3. At least I got some flags and T-Shirts tonight.

4. GO SPURS GO!!! I am still not worried. :lobt2:

DontStopBelieving
03-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Its obviously not the end of the world as some posters are making it out to be, but it is still rather concerning.

Mugen
03-31-2011, 10:17 PM
you should have realized that you're a fucking idiot.

mexicanjunior
03-31-2011, 10:19 PM
4. GO SPURS GO!!! I am still not worried. :lobt2:

:lol

Reck
03-31-2011, 10:22 PM

LOL take it easy.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Spurs are done, for sure. But if he wants to think otherwise then good for him.

mexicanjunior
03-31-2011, 10:23 PM

So no more "8-0 or 7-1" predictions after Duncan's injury from you huh?

Sean Cagney
03-31-2011, 10:25 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Mugen
03-31-2011, 10:27 PM
So no more "8-0 or 7-1" predictions after Duncan's injury from you huh?

Nope, but i'm not yet ready to get down to your negative ass level and say the spurs are going 1-7 or 0-8 so i'll meet you halfway for now.

Give me a couple more games then we'll talk.

mexicanjunior
03-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Nope, but i'm not yet ready to get down to your negative ass level and say the spurs are going 1-7 or 0-8 so i'll meet you halfway for now.

Fair enough but for now....I told you so.

Mugen
03-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Fair enough but for now....I told you so.

deal.

NRHector
03-31-2011, 10:31 PM
1. Boston fans love to play dress up.

2. Spurs had great looks in the 3rd from beyond the arc. Can't blame them for taking them. If the Spurs insist on continuing to miss those shots, they need to get their asses back on transition defense. 6 point Celtic run due to shoddy transition defense after a missed 3.

3. At least I got some flags and T-Shirts tonight.

4. GO SPURS GO!!! I am still not worried. :lobt2:guess who was playing in the 3rd quarter?

DontStopBelieving
03-31-2011, 10:32 PM
guess who was playing in the 3rd quarter?

Finley.

NRHector
03-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Finley.

yeah Finley aka Bonner

xellos88330
04-01-2011, 05:45 AM

Hmmm... let me guess. Less Blair, less Bonner, more Splitter right? The cure all solution? EUREKA!!!

Actually I have a better idea. How about you learn how to talk about the game that actually happened, rather than a lineup change that is not only theoretical, but one that you have absolutely no chance of making a reality. Yet, I am the fucking idiot...

Shame on me... :depressed

Add to the thread, or get lost dipshit.

Solid D
04-01-2011, 07:45 AM
What I took from this game is that the Spurs are in a shooting funk right now...without TP's aggressive inside scoring the Spurs would be in worse shape and, finally, the way the Spurs defended the 1-5 pick 'n pop...that's all Boston needed to run the entire night.

quentin_compson
04-01-2011, 09:12 AM
What I took from this game is that the Spurs are in a shooting funk right now...without TP's aggressive inside scoring the Spurs would be in worse shape and, finally, the way the Spurs defended the 1-5 pick 'n pop...that's all Boston needed to run the entire night.

Spot on. The problem with TP right now is that he doesn't seem to have the energy to play this way throughout the game, though. Well, that and Boston really adjusted their defense in the second half, which the Spurs weren't able to do. It was really not a pretty thing to watch Davis and KG getting wide open midrange jumpers time and time again.

peacemaker885
04-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Agree with TP. He's really taking the load early on and its just not possible to sustain all through the game. Our shooters are just having terrible nights - Manu, Neil, Bonner, Hill, RJ. I think the problem is now on the coaching staff. They have been spoiled with having all shooters or a majority of them, shooting the lights out. There doesn't seem to be an alternative when they are having bad nights. Its like the old half-court game of ours got lost.

xellos88330
04-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Agree with TP. He's really taking the load early on and its just not possible to sustain all through the game. Our shooters are just having terrible nights - Manu, Neil, Bonner, Hill, TJ. I think the problem is now on the coaching staff. They have been spoiled with having all shooters or a majority of them, shooting the lights out. There doesn't seem to be an alternative when they are having bad nights. Its like the old half-court game of ours got lost.

I completely agree with this bolded part. I miss 4 down. :depressed

peacemaker885
04-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I completely agree with this bolded part. I miss 4 down. :depressed

Remember when we just hated 4 down last season? Man we need to see it more now..

xellos88330
04-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Remember when we just hated 4 down last season? Man we need to see it more now..

Yea, but it was a 4 down with defenders sagging off of RJ, Bogans, Mason.

spursince#99
04-01-2011, 02:19 PM
it all started when richard jefferson missed the easy dunk...

Giuseppe
04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
...really it started when Kobe went after Buss with a blow torch & a pair of pliers and made him come across with the moolah.

mexicanjunior
04-01-2011, 11:36 PM

So...you still need a couple more games? I at least think they can pull a win out against Phoenix on Sunday...