PDA

View Full Version : E-Bay and Scalping Tickets

dbreiden83080
06-04-2005, 04:39 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between E-bay and scalping tickets, which we all know is illegal. These jackasses are selling tickets on e-bay in the 100 section for like a grand a piece how is that any different than scalping?

GoSpurs21
06-04-2005, 05:12 PM
selling tickets for more than there face value is not illegal unless it is done on SBC premises. That's why there are two ticket brokers about 2 block down the street from the SBC. As for buying tickets online. I would only buy them from official Spurs ticket exchange web sites because they can only be sold for face value. Otherwise you might get ripped off at other sites.

rl64tx
06-04-2005, 05:26 PM
selling tickets for more than there face value is not illegal unless it is done on SBC premises. That's why there are two ticket brokers about 2 block down the street from the SBC. As for buying tickets online. I would only buy them from official Spurs ticket exchange web sites because they can only be sold for face value. Otherwise you might get ripped off at other sites.

That is NOT true because if you go to spurs.com and go to ticket exchange you will see the prices are marked up 2X,3X or even more, season ticket holders can raise them if they like....it's all about FUCKIN the average fan who supports this team year 'round!!!! :pctoss

Useruser666
06-04-2005, 05:42 PM

The Spurs ticket exchange allows season ticket holders to charge up to 3x the face value for the tickets they bought. That still maybe cheaper than Ebay or other places, and it should be more secure. The "face value limit" was only in effect for the regular season.

I'm not sure what limitations there are for selling tickets bought by season ticket holders. I had heard there may be risks, although I'm not sure how that may be.

Chief
06-04-2005, 05:43 PM
true.

what's weird is that most of these lower level tickets are for sale from the season ticket holder's themselves. It's obvious they're wealthy enough to buy season tickets. why sell ur ticket of a game ur not going to, for that much. Gr33D

Useruser666
06-04-2005, 05:50 PM
true.

what's weird is that most of these lower level tickets are for sale from the season ticket holder's themselves. It's obvious they're wealthy enough to buy season tickets. why sell ur ticket of a game ur not going to, for that much. Gr33D

Because you can make enough to pay for your seats for next year?

Look at it this way. SW bought two seats for the regular season. Because she bought those, we got first dibbs on playoff ticket packages. I then payed for those two seats plus two cheaper seats in the nose bleeds. We can sell the nose bleeders for enough profit to pay for food drinks and the tickets them selves. We can sell one set of the more expensive seats to each series and more than pay for all the playoff tickets this year. The games that aren't played are refunded so it's not a big risk. But the season ticket holders all have to put up big bucks up front to get those seats.

I agree that big companies that drown out the average person suck. I think it's pretty hard to stop that though.

Flea
06-04-2005, 06:01 PM
true.

They sell it for that amount because that is the exact WORTH of the ticket. If the season ticket holders buy it at regular season prices and then decide to sell it for its worth during the finals there is nothing wrong with that. The NBA FINALS are going to be expensive, one should expect that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-04-2005, 06:16 PM
.it's all about FUCKIN the average fan who supports this team year 'round

The average fan that truly supports the team year round has season tickets. Watching the game on KENS-TV at your crib doesn't count.

Read what UserUser said, and look at going about it that way. And if you don't have enough on your own, get some friends together and go in on it.

That's what some buds of mine did back in '03, and then put a piece of paper for each playoff game in a hat and drew to see who got to go. Four of them pitched in for two tickets and went about it that way (these were broke college students, BTW).

A little creativity is all you need.

rl64tx
06-04-2005, 06:35 PM
The average fan that truly supports the team year round has season tickets

That is NOT true, I would think that the majority of season ticket holders (the good seats) are corporate.....Because your average citizen can't afford floor seats for 41 games up front!! You really shouldn't put down the common citizens and fans of this community like that, by saying we don't "truly" support the Spurs because we don't have season tickets!! That just is not true, every time you buy anything that says SPURS on it your supporting the team!!! :spin

MannyIsGod
06-04-2005, 06:43 PM
The average fan that truly supports the team year round has season tickets

That is NOT true, I would think that the majority of season ticket holders (the good seats) are corporate.....Because your average citizen can't afford floor seats for 41 games up front!! You really shouldn't put down the common citizens and fans of this community like that, by saying we don't "truly" support the Spurs because we don't have season tickets!! That just is not true, every time you buy anything that says SPURS on it your supporting the team!!! :spin
10 game packs aren't that expensive. Neither are some decent season tickets. Of course, you're not going to be sitting courtside, but I'm sure over the course of a year, you could save up enough money.

People from the forum could go in on a set of season tickets, together. I'm on a students budget which doens't allow to spend a couple of thousand, but if you spread that over 2 or 3 people it's not so bad when you consider that's probably about 14 games apeice not counting the playoffs.

SpursWoman
06-04-2005, 06:51 PM
You can make payments on them for up to 6 months (regular season tickets), too...btw. :)

rl64tx
06-04-2005, 06:57 PM
You can make payments on them for up to 6 months (regular season tickets), too...btw. :)

No shit??? Well hell, I thought they had to be paid off before preseason or training camp....I guess i should have called when that blonde chick came on during the commercials of the first round!! Thanks SW :spin

GoSpurs21
06-04-2005, 07:57 PM
No shit??? Well hell, I thought they had to be paid off before preseason or training camp....I guess i should have called when that blonde chick came on during the commercials of the first round!! Thanks SW :spinthey do have to be paid off before the season starts, the 6 months SW spoke about is from May to Oct.

The Spurs ticket exchange allows season ticket holders to charge up to 3x the face value for the tickets they bought. That still maybe cheaper than Ebay or other places, and it should be more secure. The "face value limit" was only in effect for the regular season.

I'm not sure what limitations there are for selling tickets bought by season ticket holders. I had heard there may be risks, although I'm not sure how that may be.That's news to me. Originally Spurs ticket exchange didnt allow the tickets to be sold at more than face value. Since I never buy or sell tickets that way I didnt know the rules had changed.

austinSpurFan
06-05-2005, 04:28 AM
Talking about 10 pack tickets. '05-06 Season Spurs were offering a Plan B which was weekend games. This going to be my second year buying a 10 pack. This will also give you a chance to buy Playoff tickets. Of course this year they offered me Section 208 for playoffs since I was a new ticket holder. But I waited and put my name on a list to move down after waiting for Season ticketholder decided not buy Playoff tickets.

Also to those that don't know you have a payment plan when buying a pack plan. The only thing is the longer you wait the higher the payments will be. Getting in early is always a good thing.

When I got mt Playoff tickets this year the letter in the pack mentioned that this year they are allowing us to sell the tickets up 3 times amount. Just a change this year.

BTW, I am not trying to gloat about having NBA Final tickets I just wanted to mention some things that you guys may have not known.

johndraegerhhs
06-05-2005, 02:26 PM
u know

Jdspur20
06-05-2005, 07:09 PM
anyone have 3 tickets there interested in selling???

reydawg
06-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Attn: Those who did not procure tickets (a group including myself)

The blame lies not in the extra media members, the evil corporations, or the fat cats who don't "support" the team throughout the reg season.

The real culprit is Adam Smith.

Got it? Let's all just quit crying and enjoy the games on TV.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/43/Supply-demand-P.png

MannyIsGod
06-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Attn: Those who did not procure tickets (a group including myself)

The blame lies not in the extra media members, the evil corporations, or the fat cats who don't "support" the team throughout the reg season.

The real culprit is Adam Smith.

Got it? Let's all just quit crying and enjoy the games on TV.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/43/Supply-demand-P.png
:lmao

NICE. This is going to fly over so many peoples heads. Great post.

SilverPlayer
06-05-2005, 10:12 PM
You know what I miss at times like this?

...The alamo dome. They should really play big games there. I mean not really (logistics would be impossible), but I do miss it some times, when it felt like the whole city was there. (and supply was equal to demand for the championship runs)

I have three tickets from the '99 championship run the prices for club level seating listed on them are 8.50, 16.50, 20.50. All pretty good seats. The 8.50 was upper deck for memorial day, but when the big shot came I was standing court side baseline.

violentkitten
06-06-2005, 01:05 AM
of course the average fan in san antonio can afford courtside tickets. of course.

you dont have to prove how much you are a spurs fan by whether or not you can buy season tickets that is something stupid that only an upper middle class whitebread dumbfuck like aggiehoopsfan can come up with.

life isnt easy when you dont have mommy and daddy's cash to live off of.

but at least we can live on our own.

Wallace ²
06-06-2005, 12:17 PM
In Michigan it is illegal to sell tickets above face value anywhere, so what the people do is sell a paperclip with free tickets attached to it or something else like that. I bought 2 tickets last year to game 5 of the finals off of ebay. The lady put in her description that they were pick-up only and you can pay when you pick them up, so I knew I wouldnt get ripped off that way. If you can find a deal like that on ebay, I would suggest doing it.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2005, 12:21 PM
so what the people do is sell a paperclip with free tickets attached to it or something else like that.

Pretty cool way to get around the law.

spur219
06-06-2005, 12:37 PM
I saw balcony tickets for almost $300 on EBay.

SpursWoman
06-06-2005, 12:46 PM
I saw balcony tickets for almost $300 on EBay.

I saw several sets of the very TOP row, some even baseline seats, sell on ebay for >$500 on Saturday. That is INSANE.

:wow :wow

Wallace ²
06-06-2005, 01:27 PM
When I got mine on ebay at the Palace, it was about midway up the second level and along the sideline. They only cost me $205 each. Not that much for seeing your team win a world championship.

Useruser666
06-06-2005, 02:02 PM
When I got mine on ebay at the Palace, it was about midway up the second level and along the sideline. They only cost me $205 each. Not that much for seeing your team win a world championship.

Yeah, but that was last year. Now what will you do? :lol

Wallace ²
06-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Now I have a season plan so I got all 3 games, if they are played for face value. Im probably going to sell 2 of the games and only go to one of them.