PDA

View Full Version : So Pissed!

lowdown
04-01-2011, 01:50 AM
As a long time Spurs fan, I watched the Spurs-Celtics game and then the 2nd half of the Lakers-Mavericks game. The Spurs are not instilling their will in the game. Watching that bitch Jason Terry shove Steve Blake was so weak. Yet the Spurs are not exhibiting any toughness that a playoff team should demonstrate at this time of the year. Yes, Matt Bonner is the main issue but overall, there is no swagger and the Lakers always will bring that. By the way, I don't want any dirty plays by any Spur but I don't like to see them manhandled. I believe in the Spurs but I am not so sure about Popovich. This is the time of the year where he overthinks and will do incredibly stupid things. By the way, as a reminder, I'm a life long Spurs fan who resides in Los Angeles. Born in San Antonio who watched the Ice Man several times. Wake up Spurs fans, this team can win it all but at this point, it's all about coaching. I'm fucking pissed! Also, once again, Matt Bonner can not defend!

Sean Cagney
04-01-2011, 01:52 AM
Join us all now bro on Bonner etc. we been saying this but it is a reality now it seems..........

tuncaboylu
04-01-2011, 01:53 AM
It's all about regular season.

We will be thougher when play-offs come.

lowdown
04-01-2011, 01:54 AM
I know the Bonner hating is at an all time high but my thing is, is that he can be useful in certain matchups. It's just, I don't trust Pop to just use him in certain situations. Tonight was dreadful.

lowdown
04-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Certain players are tougher. The calendar does not dictate this.

ALVAREZ6
04-01-2011, 01:55 AM
Bonner is not even close to being the sole problem:

Pop is being a dumbass, it's his fault playing him so much and Splitter so little throughout the season,
Manu loves 3s more than anything, and the whole team shoots way too many for that matter
NO DEFENSE

nothing about the above makes me believe this team has any realistic shot in turning it 180 around towards a championship...teams don't learn how to play defense together in a couple of weeks. This old, pussy ass team is done.

Obstructed_View
04-01-2011, 01:57 AM
No urgency. Battling to stay in first place should provide a little incentive. Probably the best thing for them at this point.

ALVAREZ6
04-01-2011, 01:58 AM
I know the Bonner hating is at an all time high but my thing is, is that he can be useful in certain matchups. It's just, I don't trust Pop to just use him in certain situations. Tonight was dreadful.

Exactly. Pop's just a fucking dumbass...when the use of Bonner is failing, he increases his minutes! :wtf WTF is going on.. I don't get it. When a rook like Splitter fucks up, he's done for the night. I don't understand why any European players make the jump to the Spurs anymore. Splitter might have just solidified the popular view that Pop hates rookies. Tony and Manu were exceptions, but those dudes don't come around too often.

If I were a rookie drafted by the Spurs under Pop, I'd do everything in my will to be traded or released so I could play elsewhere.

lowdown
04-01-2011, 02:05 AM
No one says Bonner is the sole problem but I would recommend anyone who wishes to have a blog arguement, re-watch the game on your DVR and look how an opponent will attack Bonner where he's forced to defend. Big baby and (especially) Jeff Greene elected to attack the basket or take a shot anytime Matt Bonner was in the vicinity. This is not a coincidence, this is X's & O's. Nevermind the fact that he goes cold beyond the arc at this time every year. This discussion is so old. I want rings not would've, could've!

ALVAREZ6
04-01-2011, 02:10 AM
No one says Bonner is the sole problem but I would recommend anyone who wishes to have a blog arguement, re-watch the game on your DVR and look how an opponent will attack Bonner where he's forced to defend. Big baby and (especially) Jeff Greene elected to attack the basket or take a shot anytime Matt Bonner was in the vicinity. This is not a coincidence, this is X's & O's. Nevermind the fact that he goes cold beyond the arc at this time every year. This discussion is so old. I want rings not would've, could've!

I agree 100%

As pissed as most of us are with Bonner, all of that has to go towards Pop. Bonner is just a professional player being paid millions (sadly) to play the game. It's Gregg Popovich who's soberly deciding to use him for many minutes, repeatedly, without any signs of changing. I just don't fucking get it, the dude seems like he wants to lose again in the 2nd round.

Sean Cagney
04-01-2011, 02:17 AM
Why are you guys so pissed when I've been telling you guys that this team was going to fold all year long.

I hate to say it but I said it too! You are a troll here so they ignore you, but a times you are right, you just put it at a annoying level so they ignore you and they call me a pessimist! YEP.

dunkman
04-01-2011, 10:10 AM
The Spurs got figured out and also play without any confidence. Losing the previous 4 close games killed the momentum.

Pop has to make adjustments, run less, play half court, improve defense. Start Hill, Manu as sixth man, start Splitter with Duncan, bring Blair and Dice from the bench, play Bonner only when shots well, make more plays for Jefferson, etc.

symple19
04-01-2011, 10:16 AM
You are still missing the point. The Spurs are the same team they have always been... minus the defense. Their defense is extremely soft. They can't get stops when they need them. They go on runs, and the other team keeps up. There is no remedy for this.

But are they big fantastic and colorful hibiscus flowers, the type you would only see in the hair of smutty looking, heavily tanned and flexible asian strippers giving lapdances for $20 a pop in a seedy Vegas stripclub?

...not that I have heavy knowledge about that or anything...

*Ahem*

At any rate, a man with flowers in his hair, purple hair and potentially a purple goatee along with nose studs and big circle eyes makes Sasuke's CS2 transvestite form look petty in comparison.

LakerHater
04-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Im still pissed!!!

I thought Spurs had a great chance to win!:depressed

cherylsteele
04-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Why are you guys so pissed when I've been telling you guys that this team was going to fold all year long.
http://nerdnirvana.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tooting-your-own-horn.jpgTooting your own horn I see.

JR3
04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I doubt we will look like this in the playoffs.. I think the guys were over joyed to be back together and healthy. They didn't have a killer instinct.... also two things that just could not get on my nerves more 1. Jefferson is freakin soft and plays scared.. how can you miss that dunk? 2. Hill disappeared.... 3. When rondo is hitting the shot - stop backing off so damn much! He was in the gym by his freakin self man! guess that was 3 things.

manustarting2gd
04-01-2011, 12:40 PM
I doubt we will look like this in the playoffs.. I think the guys were over joyed to be back together and healthy. They didn't have a killer instinct.... also two things that just could not get on my nerves more 1. Jefferson is freakin soft and plays scared.. how can you miss that dunk? 2. Hill disappeared.... 3. When rondo is hitting the shot - stop backing off so damn much! He was in the gym by his freakin self man! guess that was 3 things.

RJ is a bitch, how many missed dunks have we seen this year and last... ball mysteriously slips out of his hands ALLL the fuckin time. From dribble drives to the paint to alley oops from TP ... yeah he'll get a couple but damn the ones we need he either gets it stripped and its a fastbreak for the other team or he loses the handle on it 5 out of 10 times he goes to the paint.

Hill had 4 pts... Neal is absent.( i was counting on him to replace matty b for 3 as our clutch shooter. Manu is a shell right now..

FML. Not losing hope but shit its not looking good. We need a big game against Houston!