PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks absolutely DESTROYED in L.A. - Jackson trashes Cuban

BRHornet45
04-01-2011, 02:41 AM
"he's not a player. He just sits behind the bench with his sun-tanned face and tries to make comments like that," Jackson said Thursday. "He's got nothing to do with it. I know that he's provided a great roster that's almost as good as money can buy … but not quite."

damn sons. I hate Phil, but he pwned Cuban hard.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20110401,0,4374897.story

usdane
04-01-2011, 02:46 AM
I am going to miss Phil. He strait-up owned Cuban.

BeeGee
04-01-2011, 02:53 AM
The Mavs are a joke and Cuban is that joke's punchline. Bunch o' high-priced hoes.

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-01-2011, 02:53 AM
Tonight set the stage for a good playoff series coming up.

ALVAREZ6
04-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Cuban = fail

daspurs
04-01-2011, 03:10 AM
9jgxlPfSr-0

LkrFan
04-01-2011, 03:37 AM
9jgxlPfSr-0
What the hell? When was this shit? :lol

Stringer_Bell
04-01-2011, 06:22 AM
Cuban should have done the right thing and traded Dirk to the Spurs for Bonner/RJ. Now we're all doomed. :(

mystargtr34
04-01-2011, 06:29 AM
:lol is there a coach that epitomises the team he coaches more than Phil Jackson?

Perfect match.

djohn2oo8
04-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Can't wait for Cuban's response

djohn2oo8
04-01-2011, 08:23 AM
I guess Phil forgot he is shit without Jordan, Kobe and Shaq. Wasn't he coaching Puerto rico or some shit?

jag
04-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Phil treated Cuban like he treats D'Antoni.

slacker77
04-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Man I can't stand phil jackson,but gotta give him props on that one.

lefty
04-01-2011, 08:59 AM
" A roster as good as money can buy ? "

*Cough, Lakers, cough*

picc84
04-01-2011, 09:19 AM
^^That was the point.

Sportcamper
04-01-2011, 04:07 PM
LOL@ cheap, needless fouls which define a lesser team...:lol

There would be no scowl from Kobe Bryant(notes) on this night, only a grin. Wrapped in a black terrycloth robe, his feet soaking in an ice bucket in front of his locker, Bryant wore the look of a proud patriarch. His Los Angeles Lakers had bullied the Dallas Mavericks, and when the Mavs finally came unhinged, resorting to the type of cheap, needless fouls which define a lesser team, the Lakers shoved back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq5bfSnzIHHt.gJ4hIFt_0O8vLYF?slug=jy-ludden_lakers_fight_off_mavericks_040111

LkrFan
04-01-2011, 04:19 PM
" A roster as good as money can buy ? "

*Cough, Lakers, cough*

Yeah, but they still need to perform despite their payroll. Look at the Knicks' payroll the last decade or so as evidence. :lol

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 04:21 PM
LOL@ cheap, needless fouls which define a lesser team...:lol

There would be no scowl from Kobe Bryant(notes) on this night, only a grin. Wrapped in a black terrycloth robe, his feet soaking in an ice bucket in front of his locker, Bryant wore the look of a proud patriarch. His Los Angeles Lakers had bullied the Dallas Mavericks, and when the Mavs finally came unhinged, resorting to the type of cheap, needless fouls which define a lesser team, the Lakers shoved back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq5bfSnzIHHt.gJ4hIFt_0O8vLYF?slug=jy-ludden_lakers_fight_off_mavericks_040111

:lmao, this is the same Kobe that said Bynum "earned his stripes" for flagrant fouling Beasley on the Wolves?

Giuseppe
04-01-2011, 04:22 PM
[[[With Blake and Barnes having already left for the locker room, Artest barreled into the lane one last time Thursday. He fended off Peja Stojakovic (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3119/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3119/news) with his right arm, then caught a pass solely with his left hand. Somehow, he flipped in a shot in the same motion (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Ron-Artest-reminds-us-that-he-is-strong-?urn=nba-339679).
Artest smiled and kissed his right bicep. The crowd roared. He flexed both arms.
Yes, the champs are still here. Stronger, tougher than ever.]]]

Ron Artest

John Basedow
04-01-2011, 04:26 PM
:lmao, this is the same Kobe that said Bynum "earned his stripes" for flagrant fouling Beasley on the Wolves?

That Bynum foul has had a deep impact on you, scrah.

You wanna talk about it?

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 04:27 PM
That Bynum foul has had a deep impact on you, scrah.

You wanna talk about it?

It just makes the writer look like most Laker fans: retarded.

Giuseppe
04-01-2011, 04:27 PM

Deep in the Creep gettin' his frightened on.

Ya shit, you.

John Basedow
04-01-2011, 04:30 PM
It just makes the writer look like most Laker fans: retarded.

good edit

Ace
04-01-2011, 04:32 PM
This years playoffs will be great... :corn:

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Too slow, b*tch

Giuseppe
04-01-2011, 04:35 PM

Win or lose, it's nothing but misery. The ultimate is never as good as the lowest is bad.

It's never enough.

John Basedow
04-01-2011, 04:35 PM

I would love to see a Lakers-Mavs series...unfortunately, it looks like the Spurs might fuck that up.

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 04:36 PM
John, my friend. The Spurs are not f'ng that up. If anyone messes that up, it will be the Mavs losing in the first round.

John Basedow
04-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Too slow, b*tch

I chose to compliment you, rather than point out the delicious irony of what could've been...but alas, you had the quick trigger. Doc Holliday would've been proud, imho.

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Maybe postin's just not your game, John.

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Oh great......

John Basedow
04-01-2011, 04:42 PM
John, my friend. The Spurs are not f'ng that up. If anyone messes that up, it will be the Mavs losing in the first round.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

here come the gnsf's with the lol bads.

As to your point, I agree...I think SA holds onto #1. LA will lose @Portland and
another game I think.

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I really can see the Mavs losing in the first round. Kidd's play has been bad. Roddy has not produced anything close to what they needed from him in Caron's absence. If they play a team like Portland that is well balanced and tough, I can see them losing in the first round.

John Basedow
04-01-2011, 04:49 PM
I really can see the Mavs losing in the first round. Kidd's play has been bad. Roddy has not produced anything close to what they needed from him in Caron's absence. If they play a team like Portland that is well balanced and tough, I can see them losing in the first round.

Portland could definitely pull it off, but they have some first round demons of their own. Memphis is another tough matchup, but w/o Gay they just don't have enough firepower to win a series. Whoever draws the Hornets in the first round is lucky....should be a 4-game sweep

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Paul is good enough for one win.

Memphis didn't lose too much overall without Gay. They lost on talent, but if Allen can keep up his level of play, they actually are better all around without Gay. The reason is they actually play disciplined. They run the ball through Conley who is unselfish and makes good decisions. They go down low often.

Basically, if the Lakers played with as much discipline as Memphis did (meaning they literally go through Pau/Bynum every play), no one would beat LA.

I can see Memphis beating Dallas in the first round as well.

Giuseppe
04-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Portland was just starting to get into pimping the Matthews kid when we targeted him for 48 minutes and made him sorry.:lol

Giuseppe
04-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Basically, if the Lakers played with as much discipline as Memphis did (meaning they literally go through Pau/Bynum every play), no one would beat LA.

"basically" we've done that 2 years in-a-row going thru Bryant.

tee, hee.

John Basedow
04-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Paul is good enough for one win.

Memphis didn't lose too much overall without Gay. They lost on talent, but if Allen can keep up his level of play, they actually are better all around without Gay. The reason is they actually play disciplined. They run the ball through Conley who is unselfish and makes good decisions. They go down low often.

I can see Memphis beating Dallas in the first round as well.

Barring injury, no one's beating them this year either (seriously, this shit is over imo).

I agree though, I really wish the Lakers would run their offense like the first 3-peat years. Inside-out. The Lakers are good enough this year to win either way, but they could be a force for another couple years if Kobe conceded to play that way. Unfortunately, if Phil Jackson can't get Kobe to do that, then whomever comes in next year surely won't be able to. It's frustrating, but it is what it is.

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I agree, but if LA is going to lose, it will be because of that lack of discipline.

Killakobe81
04-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Barring injury, no one's beating them this year either (seriously, this shit is over imo).

I agree though, I really wish the Lakers would run their offense like the first 3-peat years. Inside-out. The Lakers are good enough this year to win either way, but they could be a force for another couple years if Kobe conceded to play that way. Unfortunately, if Phil Jackson can't get Kobe to do that, then whomever comes in next year surely won't be able to. It's frustrating, but it is what it is.

I agree in principle but not totality ...

I would LOVE to se us play inside out ...MORE ...but disagree with the morons (not you John) that we should go through the post everytime.

1. That would make us really predictable and the offense is failry simplistic already.

2. We have seen pau as the focal point he can create offense but is too unselfish (the perfect storm would be Kobe shooting a little less and pau dominating the post more, without prodding from Kobe or Phil)

3. We have perimeter scorers (Kobe, Odom and even artest) who can create offensive rebounds with their penetration.

Look as a fan and as a former coach I agree. We should play inside out more and I hate when shannon, Artest, Kobe Fisher or even Odom jack up shots without feeding the post or high post. But if all we did was pound inside that would make us memphis or the spurs of the past few years (before this one)
We need Kobe to be the primary scorer and initiator we just need him to not be the ONLY scorer and facilitator ...

Killakobe81
04-01-2011, 05:24 PM
And when john says run it like the first 3 peat let's remember we have no prime shaq or Horry on this team. Though Pau is skilled and Bynum is improving we dont even have the skills to run the offense like that.

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
No, LA needs to pound it into the post with Pau/Bynum every play. There is really no arguing against it.

:lol At saying you will become too predictable. So the response to being predictable is to chuck ill-advised shots? I'll take predictable. That is what good teams do. They are disciplined, but are so good that even though you know what they are doing, you can't stop it.

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Just because LA can win due to their supreme talent despite Kobe and other players taking terrible shots, doesn't mean they aren't doing themselves a disservice.

John Basedow
04-01-2011, 05:32 PM
And when john says run it like the first 3 peat let's remember we have no prime shaq or Horry on this team. Though Pau is skilled and Bynum is improving we dont even have the skills to run the offense like that.

I'll give you that. Shaq is a once-in-a-generation bigman who could put up ridiculous #'s despite being double-teamed every night. The most underrated part of Shaq's game was his EXCEPTIONAL ability to pass out of the double (or even triple:lol) team. Pau is great at that as well, but he's not a dominant player like Shaq. Bynum has the tools to be a great big, but his passing is for shit right now. If he can learn to find the open man when the defense collapses then he'll be unstoppable.

I disagree with THAT offense being too predictable though--especially with 2 elite bigs in the post. It can only help, imo. If forcing a double-team every trip down is predictable, I'll take it. It will also prolong Kobe's career

John Basedow
04-01-2011, 05:35 PM
why the fuck not? bynum and gasol have just as much or more "skills" than shaq minus the footwork on bynums behalf and the size. horry a playmaker? gmafb, odom is better suited for that role than horry ever was. you guys still have fisher and kobe, and 2 premier big men, one of which being the best passing big man in the game today. you guys could run any offense you wanted to under the sun, lol at having to go to chuckball with andrew bynum and pau gasol as your frontcourt.

Agree about Pau, but Bynum is shit when it comes to passing. Still...LA should have no problem imposing their will on teams.

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Bynum is a terrible passer. Terrible. But he is a great low post player and can score or draw fouls with double teams.

Giuseppe
04-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Just because LA can win due to their supreme talent despite Kobe and other players taking terrible shots, doesn't mean they aren't doing themselves a disservice.

Back-2-Back says you're wrong, Deep.

Just like that.