PDA

View Full Version : The never satisfied, spoiled, please get off the bandwagon fans...

mywastedlife900
04-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I know to the post count is everything crowd, having nothing else going on in their lives; so they dedicate themselves to over-reacting on these forums, what im about to say might upset your meaningless existence.

This adversity is good for the Spurs. Did you think we would cruise through the season, clinch & be able to rest our guys in the last 2 weeks? Then simply flip the switch come the playoffs? We needed to get knocked around a little, gary neal needed to go into slump and work himself out of it, Pop needed to find out the hard way (lets hope) that if Bonners not scoring then he’s too much of a defensive liability to leave in. We will clinch the 1 seed and get home court and lets be honest, a year ago, we would have just been satisfied with winning 50 games. So if this recent slump exposed all you fairweather fans so be it.

For years, I remember coming to this site after the Spurs would get their faces kicked in and feel better mourning with everyone; now with the infighting and I told you so’s the trolls have sensed blood in the water …The skies not falling just some of your IQ’s. :lobt2:

wontstartdumbthreads
04-01-2011, 11:00 AM
I know to the post count is everything crowd, having nothing else going on in their lives; so they dedicate themselves to over-reacting on these forums, what im about to say might upset your meaningless existence.

This adversity is good for the Spurs. Did you think we would cruise through the season, clinch & be able to rest our guys in the last 2 weeks? Then simply flip the switch come the playoffs? We needed to get knocked around a little, gary neal needed to go into slump and work himself out of it, Pop needed to find out the hard way (lets hope) that if Bonners not scoring then he’s too much of a defensive liability to leave in. We will clinch the 1 seed and get home court and lets be honest, a year ago, we would have just been satisfied with winning 50 games. So if this recent slump exposed all you fairweather fans so be it.

For years, I remember coming to this site after the Spurs would get their faces kicked in and feel better mourning with everyone; now with the infighting and I told you so’s the trolls have sensed blood in the water …The skies not falling just some of your IQ’s. :lobt2:
Did you know I made the buttsecks on your mom?

cherylsteele
04-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Where to start.......
It is not because the Spurs are losing, it is the manner in which they are losing. I can take losing, but if you are going to stick to something that is clearly not working it needs to be addressed.

Bonner is a liability on the court when he can't throw the ball into the ocean, his "D" is worse than horrendous.

We may clinch the #1 seed but the team is regressing quickly, and Pop is complacent to the problem. They are just not playing well or being coached well going into the playoffs, that spells a short post-season run. I don't believe a team "cruises", it more of a chemistry question when a team puts it together. We see potential on the roster that is not being used properly.

I remember during the championship years he would try different things.

Many of us see the writing on the wall, but that doesn't mean we aren't fans. I still want to believe they can compete for the LOB this year, but it is looking more and more like the Spurs will faulter, I do hope I am wrong.

I probably just got trolled too.

Oh well.

Horse
04-01-2011, 12:58 PM

Right on brother! We had a good Defensive strategy that works most of the time, just not against the celtics. I mean allnight long it was davis, garnett, and rondo shooting 20 footers, I like our chances with that about 8 out of 10 times. Last night they hit their shots, so credit to them. I don't like going back away from Splitter although it seems Pop is figuring it our just a little late.

mexicanjunior
04-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Nice troll attempt...obviously an April Fool's thread.

Sean Cagney
04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Okay delusional fuck........ Reality is reality. There is no need to say because some see holes and saw them all year long and they are coming to a head that they are bandwaggoners. Another GO SPURS GO thread for 5, we will be fine and nothing to see here it's all a skid and Spurs will magicially flip it on for the playoffs! I have heard this for years from so called optomist and it has not ever once came true since 07.

ALVAREZ6
04-01-2011, 03:13 PM
So if this recent slump exposed all you fairweather fans so be it.

Well you see here, my bold jack ass friend, this slump is only recent for the team as a whole; it isn't functioning obviously. But many of the factors of this slump are no recent things; they've been trending for a long ass time. Manu has "slumped" the entire season, excluding the very start. The defense has never been there consistently. What this means is if it doesn't change, and their haven't been signs of changing all season long despite every week or so a few players and coach Pop state how this team NEEDS to improve on defense...yet they simply don't. IDK how a coach can state these urgent needs all season long without ever attempting to change them during said time, which makes me believe this old ass pussy team simply can't do it (defend) at a high and consistent level anymore. And quite frankly, without solid, consistent defense, and without Manu playing to his potential, the Spurs don't stand a chance in this championship run.

Chomag
04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Being a fan does not mean you can not be disappointed in them, My son came home with a bad grade a few weeks ago. I was disappointed, but I still love the lad.

daslicer
04-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Being a fan does not mean you can not be disappointed in them, My son came home with a bad grade a few weeks ago. I was disappointed, but I still love the lad.

I agree with what you say but by the current spurfan logic not only would you be disappointed in your son but you would expect your son to fail the grade and possibly dropout of school and then become a hobo. This losing streak has been bad but I don't think the spurs are as bad as these negative nellies are making them out to be. I think a championship will be hard to attain but there is still a chance in hell of it happening and I'm not willing to concede that yet.

cherylsteele
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Nice troll attempt...obviously an April Fool's thread.
I guess I was trolled......damn.

I usually don't take the bait, cause most of the new posters and newer threads seem to be trolls, that is partially why I have posted much recently.

cherylsteele
04-01-2011, 04:46 PM
I agree with what you say but by the current spurfan logic not only would you be disappointed in your son but you would expect your son to fail the grade and possibly dropout of school and then become a hobo. This losing streak has been bad but I don't think the spurs are as bad as these negative nellies are making them out to be. I think a championship will be hard to attain but there is still a chance in hell of it happening and I'm not willing to concede that yet.
But if your child was trending towards the bad grades you criticize because you love them.

I have seen, as a Spurs' fan, some really bad teams, and the great ones as well. I still fell if Pop and the coaching utilizes it roster properly this team can still do great things, but as a level-headed fan, I know time is running out.

I still love my Spurs since 1980.

Rummpd
04-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Would accept this adversity more as I am sure many loyal fans would, if the HC would seemingly learn from this and change up some to adapt just once. Also, we can all accept tight hard played losses but the mental meltdowns recently have been as worrisome as the coaching. Spurs still ok if they stabalize despite all that though.