PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Spurs News

Rummpd
04-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Sources for a new sports network aimed at the military and to be located near the Riverwalk (pending link www.afgosports.com have been trying to confirm a report that Karl Malone, who was seen drinking a glass of wine, with Gregg Popovich near the ATT Center on Friday morining at a resturant closed to the public at that hour, will be joining the Spurs in one of several capacities.

The rumor is that Malone, who was on the Mike and Mike ESPN Show on Monday for a charity golf event in Houston, has been offered a coaching and small ownership part of the Spurs to help teach many of the Spurs big men "toughness and added skills", and that Malone is also considering turning down the ownership part to try to play in the 2011-12 season along side Tim Duncan, Tiago Splitter and Antonio MyDysess but has already told Popovich the offer is contingent on the Spurs trading away Matt Bonner.

Malone was quoted as saying: "I can teach Blair to get even better and tougher, I can work with Splitter in the gym to make him stronger and some tricks with some elbows, and I totally respect of course Tim and Antonio and will just try to keep in shape practiticing with them, but Matt and I have sort of a history and I also think he is not as tough as he lets on either mentally or physicially".

This many be a deal breaker of course as Coach Popovich is very close to Matt Bonner (but has also kept lines of communication open with Karl over the years).

Meanwhile, on being asked about this so far unannounced news, Chris Webber, who last night made national news himself for calling out the "Mavs soft:, said he planned to send an email to Popovich as "that would be a chance for a ring and why should Karl get that unreal opportunity alone, plus with Tim, Karl and myself on the floor for even short stretches no one would ever beat us".

Details to follow as soon as we get the site to open up at www.afgosports.com

DeadlyDynasty
04-01-2011, 07:25 PM
what did I just read

Reck
04-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Horrible april fools trickery.

honestfool84
04-01-2011, 07:32 PM
-_-

DesignatedT
04-01-2011, 07:33 PM
1/10

spursballer21
04-01-2011, 07:35 PM
You got me there. Hahaha

Creation88
04-01-2011, 07:40 PM
-1/10

4>0rings
04-01-2011, 07:59 PM
At least try and make it believable. lol wasted all that time typing up this garbage.

fotan2
04-01-2011, 08:06 PM
thats a bad attempt. i just knew it is a joke before clicking in the thread.

Rummpd
04-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Some smart posters today - props and it was at best a 1/10 effort, but hard to get excited about anything Spurs related these days. It is hard for me to get into the spirit of AF this year or a few years going forward as a close relative died a few years back on same date . . . however, had to try and at least IMO the website link afgosports.com would fit the SA and military community and Malone has joked about coming back (and the Spurs did have discussions with him years ago and he was on the Mike and Mike show this week and joked about coming back). Happy April Fools anyway and good luck Spurs!