PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan Still Limping

Brutalis
04-01-2011, 10:19 PM
It would be foolish for us to believe Tim will be 100% for the playoffs. He was holding his ankle a little bit and ran with a limp late in the game, and likely flaring the injury a bit tonight.

Manu seems to have lost his magic, in what looked like a great start to the season has turned into a painful slow death. It's been going on for a while now and we can't ignore this fact.

Parker seems to be the only one of the big 3 well enough to play to his potential. I'm sure TD would play until his ankles broke off cause he is just all heart, but he won't get that chance.

Greg Pop has got to fix this for us to have a chance in the playoffs. Duncan has never been apart of a 5 game losing streak, which is at 6 now. We can all say "but we had injuries in 4 of the 6 losses" but that's not an excuse, we are in the NBA, and had a few games we should have won during those injuries that we ended up losing because of late game defense.

Splitter has got to see the floor more often and Bonner less if we are to have a chance going forward from tonight. Pop is too stubborn to realize this I'm sure.

I believe, I always will. But it will be one painful exit this year knowing we have what it takes to win the title, but our coach is not "getting it".

mexicanjunior
04-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Splitter has got to see the floor more often and Bonner less if we are to have a chance going forward from tonight. Pop is too stubborn to realize this I'm sure.

Better off hoping Kobe breaks an ankle...

baseline bum
04-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Nothing like adding injury to insult. Mavs 07 ecstasy, here we come.

spurtech09
04-01-2011, 10:34 PM
On a serious note...if the spurs are not healthy going into the play-offs spurs will get knocked out on the 1st round....if spurs are going to keep losing might as well rest manu and duncan intill the last three games....even parker....things are not looking good for the spurs right now

beirmeistr
04-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Better off hoping Kobe breaks an ankle...

Unfortunately, I think Kobe would keep on playing even with a broken ankle.
But I wouldn't mind Bynum with a broken ankle.

beirmeistr
04-01-2011, 10:54 PM

Better yet, I wouldn't mind if Bonner got injured and was unable to screw up any more games.

duncan228
04-02-2011, 12:29 AM
:(

Five quick takes: Pop’s late show of emotion was perfectly understandable (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/01/five-quick-takes-pops-late-show-of-emotion-was-perfectly-understandable/)
by Tim Griffin

...And on the worst note of all, I couldn’t help but notice that Duncan hobbled through much of overtime after tweaking his ankle late in regulation. That’s not a good sign with six games in the next 12 days, including two back-to-backs. If the Spurs have any hopes of nailing down the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference, their captain has got to be healthy.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/01/five-quick-takes-pops-late-show-of-emotion-was-perfectly-understandable/

baseline bum
04-02-2011, 12:32 AM
The Spurs have no hope of getting the #1 seed. Might as well rest for the playoffs. The 2-seed vs the 3-seed is immaterial.

Jelloisjigglin
04-02-2011, 12:34 AM

Spur fans hoping for injuries to opposing teams players huh? So much class :tu

crc21209
04-02-2011, 12:44 AM
TD will be fine. After he limped for a possession or two after he seemed to have tweaked it he looked alright to me...

ElNono
04-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Pop is probably going to sit him out a few games... the question is if it's worth to save him for the playoffs, seeing nobody else around him seems to be giving a shit anyways...

Capt Bringdown
04-02-2011, 02:33 AM
We've reached the "it's gonna take a miracle" stage, so you might as well write off HCA as a lost cause and rest the big 3.

We are who we are. Run some extra 3 point shooting drills for the guys and try to forget what might have been...

chazley
04-02-2011, 02:36 AM
1.5 game lead with 6 games to go, and Spurs fans are conceding?

You guys are fucking hilarious.

You guys should read your posts out loud, objectively, and listen to how dumb you sound?

Now I gotta clean up the milk I just spilled laughing at this thread.

UnWantedTheory
04-02-2011, 02:39 AM
:(

Capt Bringdown
04-02-2011, 02:43 AM

You guys should read your posts out loud, objectively, and listen to how dumb you sound?

Maybe you should ask mommy for another glass of milk, or isn't it past your bedtime?

HCA is not worth running an injured Duncan into the ground. HCA meant a lot more a month or so ago. Now it's not really relevant, as having our big 3 healthy is our best shot. A healthy big 3 will take us farther into the tourney than HCA at this point.

Sean Cagney
04-02-2011, 02:57 AM

How about you smoke more of that shit that made you this dumb to begin with or drink more of that liquor that made you think Bonner was good or a key to this teams run bro!

BTW as most said you made a bet, why are you still here? Go away till the playoffs like you promised, why are you still posting here? LOL at a 1.5 game lead frrom a 7.5 a week or so ago! One more vs. LA TOO! If we lose the next one they got us there, period!

polandprzem
04-02-2011, 03:04 AM
Pop is afraid to make changes - that's nothing new.

But additional rest would not help much as the spurs need to pick up intensity of a playoff game.

Capt Bringdown
04-02-2011, 03:12 AM
But additional rest would not help much as the spurs need to pick up intensity of a playoff game.

Health is everything. We are who we are, we're not going to gain anymore intensity these last few games.

A sharper edge don't mean much when you're on crutches.

polandprzem
04-02-2011, 03:23 AM
Health is everything. We are who we are, we're not going to gain anymore intensity these last few games.

A sharper edge don't mean much when you're on crutches.

Thats Pops philosophy

I do agree but what do you want Pop to do?
Rest all starters and lose rest of the reg season games?

Spurs are on a way to the biggest collapse I can remember in history of an NBA

sick

Giuseppe
04-02-2011, 05:10 AM
[[[3. I wonder Popovich and R.C. Buford really still have any ill feelings for Luis Scola. After Friday night, I couldn’t see why not? Scola ripped them for 21 points, 14 rebounds and six assists. Even worse, he’s exactly the kind of player who would have made the transition to Tim Duncan’s eventual retirement that much easier. I could easily see Scola becoming to Duncan like Duncan was to David Robinson. It’s the kind of move that dynasties consistently make.]]]

- "It's like a nightmare, just keeps getting worse."

- "Grady Seasons" - "The Color of Money"

Kamala
04-02-2011, 06:50 AM
I still believe Spurs will make it to the conference finals despite their woes.

The Lakers' finger waving, bicep flexing, bandwagoning free agentry, & collusion will make it very enjoyable when they do fall. When that day comes I will put on my ugly spurs fast breakin fiesta t-shirt and giggle my ass off. :flag::nope

21_Blessings
04-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Haha.

This entire thread is meltdowntastic.