PDA

View Full Version : George Hill calls out "Fake" Spurs fans on Twitter!

Budkin
04-01-2011, 11:12 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/George_Hill3/status/54031405600096256

@George_Hill3

It's crazy when ur winning Fans Love you. But when ur Losing all the Fake Fans Come out!!!! Things will get better! Thanks Real Spurs Fans!

4>0rings
04-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Georgie, you're young. How did you like not playing cause you were a rookie but out performed your competition?

crc21209
04-01-2011, 11:14 PM
He is somewhat right in a way. I know alot of people here in my town who have never supported the Spurs and all of a sudden were "die-hard" Spurs fans this season, get the fuck outta here. Or they become fans once its playoff time....:td

DPG21920
04-01-2011, 11:15 PM
:lol Welcome to the NBA, Hill. No one likes it when you lose.

mexicanjunior
04-01-2011, 11:16 PM
If he doesn't like it, maybe he should tell Pop to quit coaching his team into the ground...or at least Tonya Harding Bonner's kneecaps...

Sean Cagney
04-01-2011, 11:16 PM
The meltdown is going over now to the team, it continues!!!!!!

FromWayDowntown
04-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Questioning fans is probably not the most productive use of Twitter for George Hill.

timtonymanu
While I think tweeting a player like this is kinda unneccessary, Hill shouldn't have thrown away the ball in the 4th and failed to close out Martin on the 3.

Chachachango
someone should twitt him back that its pops fault for playing Bummer.

SouthTexasRancher
04-01-2011, 11:18 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/George_Hill3/status/54031405600096256

Young Hill should worry more about what has caused the Spurs total meltdown and not worry about fans and what they think. Start showing that winning means something to this Spurs teams and the rest will take care of itself, Georgie. :toast

xtremesteven33
04-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Im with George on this one..and im personally not a big fan of his. Frankly I enjoy seeing every minute I can of Ginobili and Duncan. Two basketball legends who give thier heart and soul into this sport and are great at it.

Fuck all you spoiled Spurs fans. This shit aint over, even if we dont win the championship, this season was more than any of you mofo's expected. Long live the Spurs Big 3..

crc21209
04-01-2011, 11:19 PM
George Hill is the least of the teams worries. Someone needs to figure out a way to trip Matt Bonner while hes getting on the plane or something...:lol

LakerHater
04-01-2011, 11:21 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ahbbf6.jpg

baseline bum
I like Pop's twitter better

http://twitter.com/FakeCoachPop/status/53849473956319232

We will beat the Rockets tonight. Just kidding. Happy April Fool's Day.

NRHector
George Hill is the least of the teams worries. Someone needs to figure out a way to trip Matt Bonner while hes getting on the plane or something...:lolor food poison with his hoagie

Stringer_Bell
04-01-2011, 11:22 PM

I think the trolls are getting to him.

Ask me if i care RT @orly23 (http://twitter.com/orly23): @George_Hill3 (http://twitter.com/George_Hill3) you and your team fucking disgust me.

That's a damn shame, he seems kind of naive (in a good, humble way) and probably doesn't have the knowledge that some people just want trouble cuz the internet gives them courage.

MannyIsGod
04-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Hill is right. Spurs fans feel so fucking entitled its not even funny. You see it all the time on this board. I'm sure some of the shit he has tweeted at him after a loss like this is even worse. I promise you there is no need to question whether they all feel like shit right now so why be a dick to them?

baseline bum
04-01-2011, 11:24 PM
OK, now I feel bad saying he belongs in the Spurs Hall of Fail with Bonner, Dick, Udoka, and Alfrederick Hughes. Lousy game for him tonight, but he should bounce back. Bonner and Jefferson are lost causes though.

Cessation
lol hill getting butthurt

xtremesteven33
Enjoy the game dickwads...get a fucking life...

CubanMustGo
04-01-2011, 11:25 PM
"@orly23" has apparently already deleted its account. Talk about a chickenshit.

Budkin
04-01-2011, 11:25 PM
someone should twitt him back that its pops fault for playing Bummer.

I actually did... Lot of good it's gonna do.

Dex
04-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Hill is right. Spurs fans feel so fucking entitled its not even funny. You see it all the time on this board. I'm sure some of the shit he has tweeted at him after a loss like this is even worse. I promise you there is no need to question whether they all feel like shit right now so why be a dick to them?

+1

I may question the execution, and maybe even the game plan, sometimes...

but I'll never question the heart of this team. And that starts and stops with TD.

Rapper
04-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Dear Mr, Hill

We are not fake spurs fans we are just worrying about you sir and the spurs, if any of my word once bothered you i am deeply sorry for that,but, the best thing to make us happy is not to post something like that on Twitter ,is to win more games

Your Faithfully

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-01-2011, 11:27 PM
George, we're still real Spurs fans.

We just hate Bonner for being a scrub and Pop for being a stupid fuck and continuing to play him.

Rapper
Dear Mr, Hill

We are not fake spurs fans we are just worrying about you sir and the spurs, if any of my word once bothered you i am deeply sorry for that,but, the best thing to make us happy is not to post something like that on Twitter ,is to win more games

Your Faithfully

Real spurs fan of all time

timtonymanu
OK, now I feel bad saying he belongs in the Spurs Hall of Fail with Bonner, Dick, Udoka, and Alfrederick Hughes. Lousy game for him tonight, but he should bounce back. Bonner and Jefferson are lost causes though.

This

If anything someone should be tweeting to him: Tell Bonner and RJ to grow a pair.

Rapper
Go hill go

ElNono

I don't agree with trolling the players... even if they're not playing well...
On the other hand, calling fans that care and give a shit, fake fans is not productive either...

lefty
04-01-2011, 11:28 PM
What an idiot

Ginobili2Duncan
04-01-2011, 11:28 PM
He is right. But, Hill needs to know that Twitter is a haven for athletes that do things that they later end up regretting.

ElNono
04-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Fake fans don't waste their time posting on twitter... they just don't care.
Now, I will agree that there's fans that care and are stupid...

MannyIsGod
04-01-2011, 11:32 PM
I don't agree with trolling the players... even if they're not playing well...
On the other hand, calling fans that care and give a shit, fake fans is not productive either...

Thats your inference but I doubt thats what he meant. Look at the shit someone tweeted at him earlier. I'm pretty sure thats who he was directing his criticism at. Not people who just want the team to player better.

Budkin
04-01-2011, 11:33 PM

The main problem (which Im totally guilty of) is getting too emotionally invested in the outcome of a game even though you can do nothing about it. I guess it's a problem for many sports fans but when the team loses it's emotionally painful. Objectively it's utterly pathetic but that's the reason for all the outrage. It's taken a lot for me to distance myself from these outcomes, especially since it felt like we were cruising to a championship and now we're spiraling out of control.

MannyIsGod
04-01-2011, 11:35 PM
The main problem (which Im totally guilty of) is getting too emotionally invested in the outcome of a game even though you can do nothing about it. I guess it's a problem for many sports fans but when the team loses it's emotionally painful. Objectively it's utterly pathetic but that's the reason for all the outrage. It's taken a lot for me to distance myself from these outcomes, especially since it felt like we were cruising to a championship and now we're spiraling out of control.

I think you can be emotionally invested and not be a douche to the players. I yell at the TV and bitch about them making stupid plays but going on twitter and telling someone that they disgust you is bound to piss them off.

Unless Keith Bogans has a twitter. Then I'm all over that shit. :lol

ElNono
04-01-2011, 11:36 PM
I think you can be emotionally invested and not be a douche to the players. I yell at the TV and bitch about them making stupid plays but going on twitter and telling someone that they disgust you is bound to piss them off.

:lol I resisted the urge with MoneyMase... and now I'm sorry I did... :lol

crc21209
04-01-2011, 11:37 PM

+1. Going at them on Twitter is a little psycho....:lol

timtonymanu
04-01-2011, 11:38 PM
:lol I resisted the urge with MoneyMase... and now I'm sorry I did... :lol

I had the same with Michael Finley.

baseline bum
04-01-2011, 11:38 PM

If only there was twitter when DA forced the sign and trade to Portland. The only Spur I ever trolled.

mexicanjunior
04-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I don't hate Hill enough to attack him on Twitter...he is pretty much just a body out there anyway. If Bonner has a Twitter though, I don't see how anyone could resist calling that POS out...

LakerHater
04-01-2011, 11:41 PM
What was he replying to?

Chachachango
04-01-2011, 11:43 PM
WTF is up with the P.U.S.H(pray until something happens) crap. So lame. Grow a pair mofos.

ElNono
04-01-2011, 11:46 PM
chazley... Georgie is calling you out! :lol

chazley
04-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Please, someone put this in context please.

The tweet right before it was:

Ask me if i care RT @orly23 (http://twitter.com/orly23): @George_Hill3 (http://twitter.com/George_Hill3) you and your team fucking disgust me.

Then he tweeted what was in the OP.

I don't blame him, and I also agree with him. Spurs fans (especially on this board) are both entitled and clueless, and intelligent people laugh at those dumbasses, but if you're a player it hurts.

chazley
04-01-2011, 11:48 PM
chazley... Georgie is calling you out! :lol

lol what? I'm one of about 5 Spurs fans on this board who hasn't flipped their shit yet. I'm one of the only true Spurs fans left.

ElNono
04-01-2011, 11:49 PM
lol what? I'm one of about 5 Spurs fans on this board who hasn't flipped their shit yet. I'm one of the only true Spurs fans left.

Flipped what shit? Having different expectations or toning some down doesn't make you any less of a fan, you know?

That retard that tweeted Hill was an idiot though.

Nathan89
04-01-2011, 11:52 PM

Did the playoffs start?

Caeman
04-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Hill has been a Spurs fan for a few years. LOL

It's funny that Hill has the balls to post those words. The only time he has shown up is when the starters don't play. That bitch better show up in the play-offs, for the sake of the REAL fans, LOL.

DesignatedT
04-01-2011, 11:54 PM
yup.... good for hill

NRHector
04-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Did the playoffs start?

I hope not becuase the Spurs are not ready

Crazymaddopeyo
04-02-2011, 12:03 AM

I like them when they lose, win or lose they are my team and it's okay to be upset, but saying "fuck the spurs" or all of a sudden going for another team is ridiculous. When or lose I'm a spurs fan, if they lose the remainder of the games I will still love the Spurs.

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 12:05 AM
I like them when they lose, win or lose they are my team and it's okay to be upset, but saying "fuck the spurs" or all of a sudden going for another team is ridiculous. When or lose I'm a spurs fan, if they lose the remainder of the games I will still love the Spurs.

I agree, but fans in general are stupid. I was just saying that you have to expect some stupidity when you lose like the Spurs have recently.

Crazymaddopeyo
04-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Damn half these posters are fucking idiots, talking shit about George Hill because of some bad games. Wow. Get the fuck out of here and be a Lakers fan already.

chazley
04-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Nathan, accept my home games application so i can own some spurstalk noobs

ElNono
04-02-2011, 12:06 AM
tbh, I'm watching the highlights now, and Hill really fucked up going under the screen on KMart's 3 that gave them to go ahead in OT... not justifying anything, but it's like :pctoss

GSH
04-02-2011, 12:13 AM
tbh, I'm watching the highlights now, and Hill really fucked up going under the screen on KMart's 3 that gave them to go ahead in OT... not justifying anything, but it's like :pctoss

The game never reaches overtime if Manu doesn't make that lackadaisical pass with one minute left in regulation. And Hill made some exceptional defensive plays during the last minutes of the fourth quarter, when we got back into (and took control) of the game. He's probably the last person on the team who I would call out for this loss.

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 12:14 AM
@ElNono: What is your twitter account?

carina_gino20
04-02-2011, 12:22 AM

Predictable as clockwork since Hill rarely fights over screens...

SA210
04-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Sportsmanship award

ElNono
04-02-2011, 01:24 AM
@ElNono: What is your twitter account?

@ElNono_

ElNono
04-02-2011, 01:26 AM
The game never reaches overtime if Manu doesn't make that lackadaisical pass with one minute left in regulation. And Hill made some exceptional defensive plays during the last minutes of the fourth quarter, when we got back into (and took control) of the game. He's probably the last person on the team who I would call out for this loss.

See my other thread about that Manu pass... I rewatched that play at least 5x tonight. And I agree he played good D out there, but small mistakes like that cost you tight games. Look at the replay on that 3, and look at Manu. He's infuriated because he sees Hill going under. He was obviously told not to do that.

jjktkk
04-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Its a shock to the system to see such a veteran laden team make such boneheaded plays. Its like watching the Clippers playing in the silver & black.

ploto
04-02-2011, 01:35 AM
Hill has been around long enough to know that if you are a public figure and you choose to be on Twitter, or anything similar, then you have to be able to take the comments. Questioning whether people are real fans is something fans get to do to each other, but not something in which a player should become involved.

ElNono
04-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Woha... just got two people following me on twitter... gotta figure out how to monetize this... :lol

Kamala
04-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Isn't this the same guy who sent a picture of his unmentionables on his cell phone. Tweeting is just stupid for this guy to be doing.

polandprzem
04-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Start playing better then we can talk Mr Hill

Am I fake when I say how the reality looks like?
I do not like when MY team struggles when it should not

Capt Bringdown
04-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Hey Georgie - I got shoes older than you, don't tell me how to be a Spurs fan.

Stop whining about fans and start playing basketball.

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 09:00 AM
I have no problem with Hill. He has had an up and down season, but that is to be expected. I still trust him to step up when needed. He has proven he is a gamer in the playoffs.

I also like how he interacts with fans, and with that you will get the occasional smack. I don't think anything he said was out of bounds although, you have to have thicker skin sometimes.

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 09:06 AM
@ElNono_

I can't find you

Capt Bringdown
04-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Calling out fans is a punk move, especially in San Antonio.
Really lame.

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 09:07 AM
No it's not. Spurs fans are stupid.

benefactor
04-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Hill getting his internets noob on.

If I responded to every gnsf on here that said something dumb I'd be unemployed and divorced...because I'd spend all day on here.

It's just the internet Hill. Remember that.

Capt Bringdown
04-02-2011, 09:12 AM
No it's not. Spurs fans are stupid.

Oh yes it is, and FUCK YOU.
You don't know anything about the Spursfan loyalty to say a jackass statement like that.

Don't be such a soft cunt.

Venti Quattro
04-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Usually players calling out fans don't turn out well...

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 09:30 AM
You don't know anything about the Spursfan loyalty to say a jackass statement like that.

Case in point.

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Usually players calling out fans don't turn out well...

That's because fans in general are like people on ST. They troll and don't really have perspective.

We all lose our cool from time to time and get annoyed. If the worst thing he says is "When you win everyone loves you, when you lose fake fans come out", which by the way is entirely true :lol, then I'm good with Hill.

TDMVPDPOY
04-02-2011, 10:42 AM
his been playin shit lately anyway....

SenorSpur
04-02-2011, 10:52 AM
The team has lost 6 in a row. Frankly, there isn't much to justify it nor can he or anyone else attempt to explain it away. Public criticism is part of the deal. If he doesn't like it, he's in the wrong profession.

He should just put Twitter down. And cease with taking any more pics of his private parts, too!

baseline bum
04-02-2011, 10:55 AM

No surprise there. Hill is as bad as they get defending when any kind of screen is involved.

ALVAREZ6
04-02-2011, 12:40 PM
shut up faggot GHill, all of you Spurs are mother fucking morons. Old ass pussy ass no defense playing 3 point chucking faggots.

MannyIsGod
04-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Spurs fans are incredibly stupid. Its amazing really.

Caeman
04-02-2011, 01:03 PM
The 'real fans' that GHill talks about are a bunch of homos. I am a fan of the Spurs because of the way they play, or rather, because the way they use to play. I will not root on a team that refuses to play defense, that refuses to attack the basket, and that refuses to fucking rebound.

How can a 'real fan' continue to root for a Spurs team that doesn't play Spur's basketball? The real niggas are those who call it as they see it. Us real fans see the truth; the team is not constructed to win. Accepting that truth doesn't make you a 'fake fan'.

Fuck it, call me a 'fake fan', but I refuse to cheer for a team that simply wears the Spurs uniform, but doesn't play like a Spur should.

I know my real niggas will understand.

TampaDude
04-02-2011, 01:13 PM
The 'real fans' that GHill talks about are a bunch of homos. I am a fan of the Spurs because of the way they play, or rather, because the way they use to play. I will not root on a team that refuses to play defense, that refuses to attack the basket, and that refuses to fucking rebound.

How can a 'real fan' continue to root for a Spurs team that doesn't play Spur's basketball? The real niggas are those who call it as they see it. Us real fans see the truth; the team is not constructed to win. Accepting that truth doesn't make you a 'fake fan'.

Fuck it, call me a 'fake fan', but I refuse to cheer for a team that simply wears the Spurs uniform, but doesn't play like a Spur should.

WERD, my nigga!

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 01:14 PM
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m524/jjutd/BowenConvo.jpg

ALVAREZ6
04-02-2011, 01:14 PM

:tu

Caeman
04-02-2011, 01:16 PM

WERD, my nigga!

The fucked up part about this is that GHill has been a Spurs' fan for a few years. Nevertheless, the no-show, nobody that he is has the balls to call out real fans. Embarassing.

TampaDude
04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
The fucked up part about this is that GHill has been a Spurs' fan for a few years. Nevertheless, the no-show, nobody that he is has the balls to call out real fans. Embarassing.

:toast

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Are yall serious? If anything, Hill has stepped up when the Spurs need him numerous times. When TP missed a lot of time, Hill stepped in and played great. He played well in his extremely limited minutes in his first playoffs, and again against the Mavs last year.

TampaDude
04-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Calling out the people who pay your salary is a bitch move.

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 01:33 PM
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m524/jjutd/bowenconvo1.jpg

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 01:34 PM

That is so silly :lol

If you're boss came to you and said "your excel spreadsheets and you f***** disgust me and so do you", would you really say something as calm as Hill did? :lol

Caeman
04-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Are yall serious? If anything, Hill has stepped up when the Spurs need him numerous times. When TP missed a lot of time, Hill stepped in and played great. He played well in his extremely limited minutes in his first playoffs, and again against the Mavs last year.

Who fucking cares about that Mavs series. You forget the Spurs were swept afterward. Where was GHill then? He is a bitch for calling out fans.

PS. We don't give a fuck when RJ pads his stats in games that are over, why the fuck should we praise GHill for only showing half the time (when half of those times we don't even need him).

He needs to be more agressive and I'm not sure if he has the balls to do that like Tony, Westbrook, etc. The sucka is athletic enough, just doesn't have the balls.

edit; spelling

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 01:37 PM
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m524/jjutd/bowenconvo2.jpg

TampaDude
04-02-2011, 01:38 PM
That is so silly :lol

If you're boss came to you and said "your excel spreadsheets and you f***** disgust me and so do you", would you really say something as calm as Hill did? :lol

It's not YOUR boss that pays your salary, it's the customers that buy the product that your company sells.

DesignatedT
04-02-2011, 01:38 PM
:lol that's awesome that Bowen has answered you numerous times. He seems to have faith in this team.

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Who fucking cares about that Mavs series. You forget the Spurs were swept afterward. Where was GHill then? He is a bitch for calling out fans.

PS. We don't give a fuck when RJ pads his stats in games that are over, why the fuck should we praise GHill for only showing half the time (when half of those times we don't even need him).

He needs to be more agressive and I'm not sure if he has the balls to do that like Tony, Westbrook, etc. The sucka is athletic enough, just doesn't have the balls.

edit; spelling

Because he shows up when it matters more often than not. He is a role player, not a superstar. Role players, even the best ones, are inconsistent. The thing you want from them is to step up in the playoffs. That's it. He does that.

He's not calling out fans. He's calling out band wagon, emotionally drunk idiots who think they can say whatever they want and aren't true fans. What he said was 100% true.

Caeman
04-02-2011, 01:41 PM
It's not YOUR boss that pays your salary, it's the customers that buy the product that your company sells.

Could not have said it any better. The fans pay for a product. I pay to watch Spurs ball. I don't pay to watch this sorry bullshit. How can you not be ashamed of yourself when your opponent lays it up on you (as a team) all night? This team plays no defense. Thus, this team does not play Spurs ball.

I don't f*cking root for this bullshit.

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 01:41 PM

You sign Hill's checks? Or does his Boss do that?

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 01:42 PM
:lol that's awesome that Bowen has answered you numerous times. He seems to have faith in this team.

I know, it's really cool. It's like he's on his computer just having a convo with me. He answers really fast :lol

TampaDude
04-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Because he shows up when it matters more often than not. He is a role player, not a superstar. Role players, even the best ones, are inconsistent. The thing you want from them is to step up in the playoffs. That's it. He does that.

He's not calling out fans. He's calling out band wagon, emotionally drunk idiots who think they can say whatever they want and aren't true fans. What he said was 100% true.

The Spurs are fucking up bigtime right now. That is also 100% true.

Caeman
04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
The point is that GHill needs to be concerned with how this team is going to improve defensively (not just talk about it), and stop worrying about the fans.

Once the bitch stops worry about what the fans think, then maybe he'll grow a pair and actually start using his ability to get fouls, get layups, start playing defense and hitting a damn freethrow.

DPG21920
04-02-2011, 01:50 PM
The Spurs are fucking up bigtime right now. That is also 100% true.

Sure it is. No one is denying that. What does that have to do with band wagon fans that are idiots?

It's one thing to be a fan of a team, a true fan, it's another entirely to say "you bleeping make me sick".

Hill said what many people talk about. When adversity hits a team, fake fans show their a*s. Real fans get frustrated and upset as well, but they don't stop being a fan of the team.

TampaDude
04-02-2011, 01:55 PM
i think george hill meant 'faker fans'

:lmao

zocool16
04-02-2011, 02:27 PM
I remember someone tweeted to him, "you better fucking win tonight. the lakers are gonna catch your ass," and he responded, "you better calm down and stick to being a fan." That was before the Boston game, and I thought it was a good response. George Hill then blocked the fan from following him.

However, after they lost the BOS game, I tweeted to him saying, "Fans don't know what to say to you, Spurs. You're really letting us down." I didn't get a response, but G.Hill blocked me from following him.

If he can't handle a comment like that, then he just got no tough skin. Calling fans fakes because they won't kiss ass even as the Spurs keep losing in ridiculous ways and have blown a SEVEN-GAME lead on the Lakers? Please, Mr. Hill. He'll retweet you if you kiss his ass, but can't handle a simple comment like mine. He's got a lot of growing up to do.

spurastic
04-02-2011, 02:54 PM
I have to agree with George Hill. The Spurs have had a fantastic year. Everytime they lose a game, all hell breaks out with select fans and their ugly side takes over. All the the hatred toward RJ, Bonner, Pop, and other players has been unnecessary and overreactive. Would be more productive if these fans would "think" before they posted or tweeted.

itzsoweezee
04-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm a big fan of the Spurs. Popovich, not so much.

mingus
04-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Hill doesn't want to hear the truth, he just wants to get his dick sucked.

jimo2305
04-02-2011, 03:29 PM
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m524/jjutd/bowenconvo1.jpg

you should've asked him if he'll come out of retirement to fill the void at the SF spot..

that's cool that he responds to you tho.. one time i messaged him to say that i enjoyed his insight over the radio when he was interviewed by some local sportsradio host.. no response :(

Spurminator
04-02-2011, 03:43 PM

Interesting... How much money do basketball players get when you tweet them?

Stringer_Bell
04-02-2011, 03:43 PM
I have to agree with George Hill. The Spurs have had a fantastic year. Everytime they lose a game, all hell breaks out with select fans and their ugly side takes over. All the the hatred toward RJ, Bonner, Pop, and other players has been unnecessary and overreactive. Would be more productive if these fans would "think" before they posted or tweeted.

I'd put "fans" in quotes before "think." This is the only stretch in the ENTIRE season that we've been in this position and felt like something is seriously wrong...we got spoiled this season while every other team had to go through one of these. We stayed above it, but now it's time to see if we the fans have the heart to push on.

If we're really going out with a whimper instead of a bang, then I'd prefer to go out on my black & silver sheild.

toki9
04-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Maybe he should stop tweeting and focus a bit more on his day job....

SenorSpur
04-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Sure it is. No one is denying that. What does that have to do with band wagon fans that are idiots?

It's one thing to be a fan of a team, a true fan, it's another entirely to say "you bleeping make me sick".

Hill said what many people talk about. When adversity hits a team, fake fans show their a*s. Real fans get frustrated and upset as well, but they don't stop being a fan of the team.

Now, that takes it too far. We all know that there is indeed a "fanatical" and unreasonable side to any fan base. That still doesn't excuse anyone from insulting or belittling an athlete, but it comes with the territory.

If Hill is surprised by that the pendulum of fan support has swung back the other way, then WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.

I've always believed that one of the best things an athlete can do is NOT get caught up reading their own press - good or bad. Again, my recommendation to him would be to simply just get off Twitter all together. Then he wouldn't expose himself to the idiot factions of the Spur fan base.

Wilford Brimley
04-02-2011, 04:16 PM
At the end of the day it's just a game. If an NBA game makes you so emotionally unstable that you would send that to someone, perhaps you should seek psychiatric help. Props to GH for handling it with class.

timtonymanu
04-02-2011, 04:18 PM
I remember someone tweeted to him, "you better fucking win tonight. the lakers are gonna catch your ass," and he responded, "you better calm down and stick to being a fan." That was before the Boston game, and I thought it was a good response. George Hill then blocked the fan from following him.

However, after they lost the BOS game, I tweeted to him saying, "Fans don't know what to say to you, Spurs. You're really letting us down." I didn't get a response, but G.Hill blocked me from following him.

If he can't handle a comment like that, then he just got no tough skin. Calling fans fakes because they won't kiss ass even as the Spurs keep losing in ridiculous ways and have blown a SEVEN-GAME lead on the Lakers? Please, Mr. Hill. He'll retweet you if you kiss his ass, but can't handle a simple comment like mine. He's got a lot of growing up to do.

He blocked you, really? Come on George.

Caeman
04-02-2011, 04:27 PM
At the end of the day it's just a game. If an NBA game makes you so emotionally unstable that you would send that to someone, perhaps you should seek psychiatric help. Props to GH for handling it with class.

Just because GHill reacted like a pussy doesn't make him classy. I swear some of the Spurs fans here (especially the Pop nutt-huggers) constantly confuse acting classy with acting like a pussy. GHill looks like a pussy here, not like a classy guy.

Wilford Brimley
04-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Just because GHill reacted like a pussy doesn't make him classy. I swear some of the Spurs fans here (especially the Pop nutt-huggers) constantly confuse acting classy with acting like a pussy. GHill looks like a pussy here, not like a classy guy.

He's a professional athlete in the public eye. Should GH of tweeted back something like "I hope your mother chokes on a horsecock."?

How did I side with Pop, pray tell? This has nothing to do with Pop. This has everything to do with immature individuals spamming someone's twitter account just because their team lost.

JustinJDW
04-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Although he's right, I prefer athletes stay off Twitter.

Caeman
04-02-2011, 04:37 PM
He's a professional athlete in the public eye. Should GH of tweeted back something like "I hope your mother chokes on a horsecock."?

How did I side with Pop, pray tell? This has nothing to do with Pop. This has everything to do with immature individuals spamming someone's twitter account just because their team lost.

GHill should have acted like a profession and ignored him. No need to block haters. This just further shows that he is mentally weak. I mentioned Pop nut-huggers because they love to talk about how classy they and the Spurs are. Sometimes though, the truth is that they act like pussies. Some on here confuse being classy with being a pussy. GHill's showing it right now.

Wilford Brimley
04-02-2011, 04:41 PM
GHill should have acted like a profession and ignored him. No need to block haters. This just further shows that he is mentally weak. I mentioned Pop nut-huggers because they love to talk about how classy they and the Spurs are. Sometimes though, the truth is that they act like pussies. Some on here confuse being classy with being a pussy. GHill's showing it right now.

He's probably just frustrated like we all are right now. If anything, he's trying to stay positive through this rut.

Caeman
04-02-2011, 05:26 PM
He's probably just frustrated like we all are right now. If anything, he's trying to stay positive through this rut.

I hope so. It's obvious that GHill is mentally weak, and that sucks because he has the tools to be really good. He's just to inconsistent and thinking that he'll settle in before the playoffs is wishful thinking. It's to bad that he hasn't improved since last year.

DesignatedT
04-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I hope so. It's obvious that GHill is mentally weak, and that sucks because he has the tools to be really good. He's just to inconsistent and thinking that he'll settle in before the playoffs is wishful thinking. It's to bad that he hasn't improved since last year.

It's obvious that Hill is mentally weak? lol gtfo

Caeman
04-02-2011, 05:40 PM
It's obvious that Hill is mentally weak? lol gtfo

And you're not concerned sucker? This kid has to go this summer if he doesn't grow a pair soon. He serves no purpose on this team if he can't be depended on. He backs up Tony and Manu. He is a big part of this team so if doesn't deliver, he needs to go. Just like Bonner

DMC
04-02-2011, 09:02 PM
If he doesn't like it, maybe he should tell Pop to quit coaching his team into the ground...or at least Tonya Harding Bonner's kneecaps...

Bonner, in plaster pants, would move no differently than he does now.

MannyIsGod
04-02-2011, 09:04 PM
And you're not concerned sucker? This kid has to go this summer if he doesn't grow a pair soon. He serves no purpose on this team if he can't be depended on. He backs up Tony and Manu. He is a big part of this team so if doesn't deliver, he needs to go. Just like Bonner

This is proof Spurs fans are idiots.

DMC
04-02-2011, 09:06 PM
This is proof Spurs fans are idiots.

You are a Spurs fan.

Are you an idiot?

mingus
04-02-2011, 09:07 PM
it just boggles my mind that Hill can completely dominate games sometimes and then the following game look like an 11th man. it's cliche, but he's needs to keep his foot on the gas. he looks like he doesn't belong out there with the big boys sometimes and other times he's showing them up. one of the most frustrating players for sure. you know the kind of production you're going to get from the other guys for the most part, but with Hill it fluctuates from game to game.

Kori Ellis
04-02-2011, 09:30 PM
George needs to stay off Twitter if he is going to do things like call Spurs fans "fake" or block people who tell him that the fans are disappointed in the team. Unless someone is cussing him out or something, then he shouldn't block them.

In regards to his play on the court, I'm more disappointed in Hill this year than I have been in anyone else on the team (yes -- that means Bonner too. I don't expect much from Bonner).

George Hill was coddled like crazy by Pop last year, from the "favorite player" comment (do you guys really think he is Pop's favorite over those three other guys on the team?) to the kinder way Pop handled him on the court. I know Pop thought he would bloom and many fans thought so too. But this year, GHill has been a big disappointment. His defense is nothing special 90% of the time, and he plays passive, doesn't have any court vision, and has been a nightmare on the road. Yes, he has a big game every once in a while, but no real consistency on either end of the court.

Spurs fans have a right to moan, complain and be disappointed right now. And players should handle it gracefully or just not respond. Maybe the fans that are disappointed are the "real" ones because they care so much about whether the team succeeds. Maybe the fumbling, bumbling, non-executing Spurs players should care as much.

Ice009
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
George needs to stay off Twitter if he is going to do things like call Spurs fans "fake" or block people who tell him that the fans are disappointed in the team. Unless someone is cussing him out or something, then he shouldn't block them.

In regards to his play on the court, I'm more disappointed in Hill this year than I have been in anyone else on the team (yes -- that means Bonner too. I don't expect much from Bonner).

George Hill was coddled like crazy by Pop last year, from the "favorite player" comment (do you guys really think he is Pop's favorite over those three other guys on the team?) to the kinder way Pop handled him on the court. I know Pop thought he would bloom and many fans thought so too. But this year, GHill has been a big disappointment. His defense is nothing special 90% of the time, and he plays passive, doesn't have any court vision, and has been a nightmare on the road. Yes, he has a big game every once in a while, but no real consistency on either end of the court.

Spurs fans have a right to moan, complain and be disappointed right now. And players should handle it gracefully or just not respond. Maybe the fans that are disappointed are the "real" ones because they care so much about whether the team succeeds. Maybe the fumbling, bumbling, non-executing Spurs players should care as much.

Excellent post. I really did think George Hill would be a lot better this season, but really he seems like the Hill we saw in the Suns series way too often for my liking this season.

Just not good enough play on the court George, to call out the fans off the court George. SHUT UP and STEP UP every game, every minute.

The_Worlds_finest
04-03-2011, 01:56 PM
bumpity bump bumpitiy bump bump

DPG21920
04-03-2011, 02:07 PM
RJ has been much worse than Hill.

crc21209
04-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Somebody go on George's twitter now and say "Hey now that you guys are winning again I love the Spurs!" :lol

timtonymanu
04-03-2011, 02:10 PM
RJ has been much worse than Hill.

:tu

Hill's a role player. It's expected that he'll be inconsistent.

RJ is supposed to be an option if one of the big 3 is off, but he plays more like a 7th man.

ElNono
04-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Props to the guy that twitter'ed him... he came out like there was fire under his ass... :lol

silverblk mystix
04-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Hill has been a major disappointment since Nash sodomized him mercilessly...it still gives me the shivers just thinking about it...

Hill's first half performance today was a step in the right direction...he needs to erase that memory from his mind...and just play loose and with a swagger.

Hill still has not redeemed himself but there is an opportunity in these years playoffs to do just that.

maddnezz
04-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Kori, that baby haha way toooo cute!:toast

DesignatedT
04-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Hill has been a major disappointment since Nash sodomized him mercilessly...it still gives me the shivers just thinking about it...

Hill's first half performance today was a step in the right direction...he needs to erase that memory from his mind...and just play loose and with a swagger.

Hill still has not redeemed himself but there is an opportunity in these years playoffs to do just that.

lmao I highly doubt the thought of steve nash is lingering around in Georges head. He was no worse then any other player in a Spurs uniform that series.

duncan228
04-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Have you tweeted smack talk to George Hill lately? He criticizes "bandwagon people" and "so-called fans" after game.

George Hill: "I don’t think you should be disrespectful just because we’re losing a basketball game.”

TD 21
04-03-2011, 04:56 PM

More than anyone else on the team? I couldn't disagree more. Blair has been far and away the most disappointing player on the team. His offensive game hasn't expanded at all (save for free throw shooting) and his rebounding and energy level have both dropped. I thought he'd build off of last season, particularly with the way he played in the preseason, but he's actually slightly regressed, if anything.

The expectations for Hill are too high. He is what he is. He's like a more athletic West (Delonte). Perfect third guard and a perfect compliment to both Parker and Ginobili. I'd like to see him play with more confidence/assertiveness consistently and produce more on the road, but I'm confident that he's a championship caliber role player. I'd also put Splitter and Neal in that category.

Pauleta14
04-03-2011, 05:14 PM
She (Kori) was saying that in regards of her expectations...

I have to agree that, based on expectations, Hill is the biggest (or worst, excuse my english) disapointment...

at least RJ improved in some areas (3pts %) and knowledge of the system and I don't expect much from Blair because of his size (I love the kid, but everything he brings is a bonus to me! :lol)

look at Hill stats!, he only improved in FT% (witch is not bad) but overall he's worst than last year!
He still behaves like a roockie who needs his daddy Pop to push him...:bang

When you know/see what he is capable of (like tonight), his season's production is unexcusable...

Spurs Brazil
04-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Hill and the 'fans' again

George_Hill3 He must not believe in God #NOLIFE RT @iZeligalegria: Stop worring about the man upstairs and worry about making more shots @George_Hill3

ALVAREZ6
04-18-2011, 07:14 PM
^^what the fffuuucccck?!?!?!?!?!?^^

G-Hill needs to do everybody and favor and not pay attention to twitter until this run is over, people need to stop fucking with him, and he needs to stop listening.

silverblk mystix
04-18-2011, 07:22 PM
^^what the fffuuucccck?!?!?!?!?!?^^

G-Hill needs to do everybody and favor and not pay attention to twitter until this run is over, people need to stop fucking with him, and he needs to stop listening.

I think it is the opposite...

People should continue to call him out and challenge him...

maybe he can respond...

or keep shitting the bed...

Capt Bringdown
04-18-2011, 07:52 PM
It appears George is a bit dim. Twitter wars with fans for the win!

Amuseddaysleeper
04-18-2011, 07:55 PM
I think it is the opposite...

People should continue to call him out and challenge him...

maybe he can respond...

or keep shitting the bed...

Yeah, I just sent him and Pop an email.

silverblk mystix
04-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I just sent him and Pop an email.

Good.

Pop & "georgie" are two of the three biggest "bedwetters" on the team...

(Bonner being the "king of the bedwetters")

InTheCrust
04-18-2011, 10:02 PM
:nope George, u dun fuked up

der Kaiser
04-18-2011, 11:46 PM

Well what did you want him to respond to that? George Hill is not the Spurs. If I were Hill I would have told you to tweet Pop. He is the asshole that keeps playing the shit out of Bonner.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2011, 03:18 AM
If you guys are going to fuck with George, then make sure and ask him why Pop made him the point guard for the first, second and fourth quarters.

der Kaiser
04-19-2011, 04:10 AM
RT @onenight_only: I need some new followers somebody #shout me out....
6 minutes ago via Echofon

Texas_Ranger
04-19-2011, 04:19 AM
He and Dejuan should just stop this twitter thing until the end of the playoffs.

alamo50
04-19-2011, 05:07 AM
You tell 'em George!
If it was for no hard work than I could somewhat understand, but in here every loss is a complete Fuck You Shima.

it's me
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM
he and dejuan should just stop this twitter thing until the end of the playoffs.

+1

cheguevara
04-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Pop needs to shut those motherfuckers down. at least for the playoffs. How hard is it for CIA Pop to get an internet filter installed on their mobile devices :pctoss

alamo50
04-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Pop needs to shut those motherfuckers down.

Pop agrees.

hater
04-19-2011, 09:21 AM
if you tweet you talk too much

SpurOutofTownFan
04-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Now I didn't post here before when the Spurs were in that 6 game shitcrap but after seeing G Hill performing on Game 1 I would just respectfully ask him to stop playing with computers and get the shit done. That's all I can say. Now go ahead and call me a fake Spurs fan.

Budkin
04-19-2011, 12:40 PM
I just like how Hill's response is to tell the guy he doesn't believe in God and has #NOLIFE. :lol

Interrohater
05-08-2011, 10:19 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/George_Hill3/statuses/67327441819013120 (http://twitter.com/#%21/George_Hill3/statuses/67327441819013120)

It's hard for me to say but you gotta give Dallas there credit they're playing GREAT BASKETBALL! And JASON TERRY IS PLAYING OUT OF HIS MIND

:nope
trade him

Sean Cagney
05-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Trade

him........

ohmwrecker
05-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Blair and Hill are dumb as shit.

Brutalis
05-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Fair weather fans are in all of sports at every level.

Hill needs to realize some of us have been around longer than he has.

Been a fan longer than he has.

Knows more about the Spurs and their history than he does.

Was celebrating our first title when he was discovering his penis in junior high.

Boy needs to grow up and stop taking pictures with his cell phone and perhaps show up for the playoffs next year for a change.

Sean Cagney
05-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Fair weather fans are in all of sports at every level.

Hill needs to realize some of us have been around longer than he has.

Been a fan longer than he has.

Knows more about the Spurs and their history than he does.

Was celebrating our first title when he was discovering his penis in junior high.

Boy needs to grow up and stop taking pictures with his cell phone and perhaps show up for the playoffs next year for a change.

Sonned hillllllllllllll:wow:wow:lol

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Blair and Hill are dumb as shit.

http://c0013479.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_295c14e

http://c0013489.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_2b31ac9
"The tightest dentist ever gives u shades while getting work done...lol well getting a cavity filled pray for me....."

http://c0013489.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_2b63aec

I must agree...

MinuteByMinuteSports
05-09-2011, 02:15 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/george_hill3/statuses/67327441819013120 (http://twitter.com/#%21/george_hill3/statuses/67327441819013120)

it's hard for me to say but you gotta give dallas there credit they're playing great basketball! And jason terry is playing out of his mind

hill is right!!

koriwhat
05-09-2011, 02:20 AM
yall need to get off his back... hill is a very cool dude off the court and give a ton to the community. he might not be on 100% of the time when playing ball, he isn't a superstar so wtf do yall expect? he's serviceable as a role player who came from a college no one knew of before he was drafted. yall are some dickheads.

Giuseppe
05-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Chloe & Hill are spot on.

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2011, 10:28 AM
yall need to get off his back... hill is a very cool dude off the court and give a ton to the community. he might not be on 100% of the time when playing ball, he isn't a superstar so wtf do yall expect? he's serviceable as a role player who came from a college no one knew of before he was drafted. yall are some dickheads.
He's a jackass and a massive pussy.

Ross Parrot
05-09-2011, 10:31 AM
He's a jackass and a massive pussy.

Who? Bonner? :lmao

ALVAREZ6
05-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Who? Bonner? :lmao

Bonner isn't a jackass, just a massive pussy, much like Dick Jefferson. Spurs like those types of players.

Leetonidas
05-09-2011, 11:02 AM
George Hill is kinda of a jackass. Calling out "fake fans" who are most likely real fans disappointed with that pathetic first round effort we all saw is retarded. Shut the fuck up, earn your million dollars, and work in the offseason Georgie, no need to start drama.

I like Hill but I think he will be traded soon. Him and Blair are the only prospects we can package with Dickie J.

Josepatches_
05-09-2011, 11:48 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/George_Hill3/statuses/67327441819013120

It's hard for me to say but you gotta give Dallas there credit they're playing GREAT BASKETBALL! And JASON TERRY IS PLAYING OUT OF HIS MIND

What's the problem?

Hill was right.That's the truth

Spurtacus
05-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Twitter sucks.

koriwhat
05-09-2011, 02:02 PM
What's the problem?

Hill was right.That's the truth

Yeah i don't get it, so the dude gives props and shows sportsmanship and these people point fingers.

Season's over, next!