PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Angry?

djgruvy
04-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Did you all notice that last play how Tony just held the ball and didn't seem to care about the time as Ginobli ran that last play for a three. I think Parker should have been the go to guy at the end of regulation instead of Ginobli who lost track of time for the final shot. You could tell he wanted the ball but they opted to go with Ginobli who has been anti-clutch these past couple of games.....

mexicanjunior
04-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Another example of why I thought the team quit on the coach...

BlackSwordsMan
04-02-2011, 12:02 AM
I think losing 6 in a row will do that to a man.

chazley
04-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Tony Parker should be the one we run our offense through on the final plays. I've been on that boat since beginning of 2011.

gospursgojas
04-02-2011, 12:07 AM
TP is the spurs #1 option now. Step aside gracefully, Manu, as Tim did.

Obstructed_View
04-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Tony Parker should be the one we run our offense through on the final plays. I've been on that boat since beginning of 2011.

So you can't stick to your agreements, huh? Not surprising.

ElNono
04-02-2011, 12:08 AM
We just shouldn't have been in that position to begin with... and Tony needs to look in the mirror, along with Hill, for that late turnover in regulation (or the one in Portland)...

GSH
04-02-2011, 12:17 AM
We just shouldn't have been in that position to begin with... and Tony needs to look in the mirror, along with Hill, for that late turnover in regulation (or the one in Portland)...

It wasn't Tony or Hill's fault. I know you're reviewing the game... take another look. That one falls 100% on Manu's dumb shit pass.

And not at least getting a shot up at the end of regulation? Whether you put that on Manu or not, it was yet another incredibly stupid play by our veteran leaders. Seriously... not even heaving one at the basket? And we had almost 4 seconds left, didn't we? Derek Fisher got it done in .4 seconds.

Pauleta14
04-02-2011, 12:37 AM
As I said in the game thread, I don't understand why a team/coach doesn't take advantage of its/his most EFFICIENT player...

Tony was 15/20 at that time!

and they went for ..... A LAYUP witch happens to be TP's best skill!!!

You bet he's angry, any normal human being would be after such a game.

Hoops Czar
04-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Still can't get off the offense. The Spurs scored 114 points. That should be enough to win.

Pauleta14
04-02-2011, 12:39 AM

you're kidding right?

Even after Tony's TO in Portland, we were still up 4 ...

And tonight it wasn't him, it was Hill who panicted after a stupid pass by Manu...

Hoops Czar
04-02-2011, 12:41 AM
you're kidding right?

Even after Tony's TO in Portland, we were still up 4 ...

And tonight it wasn't him, it was Hill who panicted after a stupid pass by Manu...

We were up two after TP's TO.

crc21209
04-02-2011, 12:42 AM
If I were Tony I would've been angry also. He was the reason the Spurs were in the game to begin with, he deserved a crack at the last shot....

Pauleta14
04-02-2011, 12:47 AM
We were up two after TP's TO.

my bad, indeed +2 after the basket scored because of TP TO...

Anyway, up 2 with the ball, it should still have been a win. Tony wasn't the reason we lost.

ElNono
04-02-2011, 12:47 AM
It wasn't Tony or Hill's fault. I know you're reviewing the game... take another look. That one falls 100% on Manu's dumb shit pass.

Please, watch it again. Tim had the ball in his hands, and had both Hill and Manu to pass to. Hill had full control of it, and when he picks up the dribble, he has both Tim and Tony right next to him, wide open for a pass. I mean, he even had time to call a freaking timeout.

The kid fucked up. It happens. It should have been the ball in Manu's hands actually.

ElNono
04-02-2011, 12:48 AM
you're kidding right?

I just hate Tony, couldn't you tell? :lol

jjktkk
04-02-2011, 12:51 AM
These Spurs are freaking me out. Are they panicking, or have they lost confidence? The lack of defense has been on going all season, but know they are finding all kinds of ways to lose. A big WTF is going on.

ElNono
04-02-2011, 01:02 AM
At least losing close games against Denver or Portland on the road was 'acceptable' in the sense that we didn't have Timmy, and those teams are in general good teams. But the last two losses are really bad.

Borosai
04-02-2011, 01:05 AM
They should all be livid. I really thought that getting bounced in embarrassing fashion the past two years would "anger" the team enough to fix things, but that hasn't happened. I doubt these losses will do the trick.

Pauleta14
04-02-2011, 01:16 AM
I just hate Tony, couldn't you tell? :lol

:lol

I know you don't but why bring Tony in this fucked up play?

Hill is the only to blame on that play (rvrn if manu's pass wasn't ok)

ElNono
04-02-2011, 01:22 AM

It was actually a fuckup on my part. I was thinking of pointing out the Portland game, which even if we were up 4, it was a silly turnover by Tony. (compounded by Manu afterwards).

People bitch about Manu not finishing up this game, or the TO against Portland, but we just shouldn't be in those situations to begin with if we don't do some boneheaded play right before. Be it Manu, Tony, Hill or Novak fault.

Pauleta14
04-02-2011, 01:40 AM
It was actually a fuckup on my part. I was thinking of pointing out the Portland game, which even if we were up 4, it was a silly turnover by Tony. (compounded by Manu afterwards).

People bitch about Manu not finishing up this game, or the TO against Portland, but we just shouldn't be in those situations to begin with if we don't do some boneheaded play right before. Be it Manu, Tony, Hill or Novak fault.

:toast

Anyway, none of the big 3 is a concern, I know Manu will be ready for the PO...

Right now they are the only players (with McDyess) we know what to expect, the rest of the team can either make us win or lose and I HATE THAT!!!

Instead of relying on the production of their best players, the spurs now depend on the production of their role players...:bang

ElNono
04-02-2011, 01:42 AM
:toast

Anyway, none of the big 3 is a concern, I know Manu will be ready for the PO...

Right now they are the only players (with McDyess) we know what to expect, the rest of the team can either make us win or lose and I HATE THAT!!!

Instead of relying on the production of their best players, the spurs now depend on the production of their role players...:bang

It's called declining... two of the big three are on that stage... that's why help for them is/was imperative.

Man In Black
04-02-2011, 02:04 AM

And not at least getting a shot up at the end of regulation? Whether you put that on Manu or not, it was yet another incredibly stupid play by our veteran leaders. Seriously... not even heaving one at the basket? And we had almost 4 seconds left, didn't we? Derek Fisher got it done in .4 seconds.

So when Hill has the ball and he's trapped, he can't yell timeout? He should have called timeout.

GSH
04-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Please, watch it again. Tim had the ball in his hands, and had both Hill and Manu to pass to. Hill had full control of it, and when he picks up the dribble, he has both Tim and Tony right next to him, wide open for a pass. I mean, he even had time to call a freaking timeout.

The kid fucked up. It happens. It should have been the ball in Manu's hands actually.

I don't think you're a totall dumbass, Nono, so it must be man love for Manu that makes you say something that stupid. You have the game recorded? Watch the play one more time with your blinders off. Tim and Tony may have been "right next to him, wide open for a pass"... but they were both on the wrong side of mid-court. If he had made the pass (and a lot of young players might have) it would have been an over and back violation! By the time they got their dead asses across the line, Hill was in a world of shit.

For the record, by the time Tim dumped the ball off to Hill, the shot clock was already at 19 seconds. Hill had the presence of mind to race it across the time line, so they didn't get an 8-second violation. He ran into a trap at mid-court. That's just good hustling defense by Houston. He's not the first player to give up his dribble when he hits a double team. And he did look to pass to Tim or Tony, but they hadn't gotten across mid-court. He was stuck, and one of the Houston players reached and tapped the ball out of his hand. It happens when you get stuck in that kind of situation.

YOU watch the fucking play again, and tell me what would have happened if Hill had thrown that pass to Tim or Tony. Then be man enough to come back and say you were wrong.

GSH
04-02-2011, 12:26 PM

How about if Tony had gotten his ass across mid-court in time, so Hill would have had someone to pass to? The play was Manu's fault, period. Trying to lay that play off on Hill is ridiculous. Some of you international fans are so fucking protective of Tony and Manu that you're willing to turn black into white.

One more thing... the only reason Manu was able to tip that rebound away from Scola (right before throwing the bad pass) was because Hill was fighting Scola down low. Hill worked his ass off on that whole play, and you assholes want to blame him for what happened? Fuck off.

wildbill2u
04-02-2011, 12:36 PM
For a veteran team they are making a lot of stupid mistakes in the closing minutes--things like Manu stepping out of bounds, getting their pockets picked for turnovers, bad passes.

This shit never used to happen. I don't think there is any single reason or answer for it and the sloppy play and lack of focus seems to be infecting more than one player.

SPURSCHAMP
04-02-2011, 12:47 PM
how about if tony had gotten his ass across mid-court in time, so hill would have had someone to pass to? The play was manu's fault, period. Trying to lay that play off on hill is ridiculous. Some of you international fans are so fucking protective of tony and manu that you're willing to turn black into white.

one more thing... The only reason manu was able to tip that rebound away from scola (right before throwing the bad pass) was because hill was fighting scola down low. hill worked his ass off on that whole play, and you assholes want to blame him for what happened? Fuck off.

+1

wunderkindepiphany
04-02-2011, 03:44 PM
It was a drawn play and, from Tony's point on the court, he had to wait until Manu came over that screen. And yeah, he looked like he had given up, at that point. Tony gives it 110% every game.

DMC
04-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Tim is the team captain. He needs to right his ship.

ducks
04-02-2011, 10:03 PM
tony deserves to better
manu has sucked lately
tp is the point guard NOT the manu I love three's

Slippy
04-02-2011, 10:04 PM
If i had airballed two and missed another wide-open three , i would be angry too. Tony's look was of a defeated guy. At that point of the game when it was over why even bother with another shot.

ducks
04-02-2011, 10:04 PM
For a veteran team they are making a lot of stupid mistakes in the closing minutes--things like Manu stepping out of bounds, getting their pockets picked for turnovers, bad passes.

This shit never used to happen. I don't think there is any single reason or answer for it and the sloppy play and lack of focus seems to be infecting more than one player.

pop seems to only want manu to choke at the end of games

he has been during alot of that lately

Slippy
04-02-2011, 10:13 PM
pop seems to only want manu to choke at the end of games

he has been during alot of that lately

Biggest issue Pop faces is why this spurs team keeps finding itself in these positions in the first place.

They couldn't get stops against a team who's biggest inside presense was Scola and Patterson while allowing their guards to score at will.

Strategic
04-02-2011, 10:19 PM
I have been wondering if on the last timeout Pop is drawing up plays and when the ball touches Manu's hands that's when the play gets tossed? Or does Pop say throw the ball to Manu and que sera sera? As I have said before, it doesn't matter what the boys' numbers are, if he doesn't get the job done the last time he touches the ball in the 4th quarter, then he ain't but dog shit!!

spurtech09
04-02-2011, 10:43 PM
:depressedspurs have lost there focus

ducks
04-02-2011, 11:19 PM
no that would be manu and pop