PDA

View Full Version : The Killer wants to play again?

KoriEllis
09-13-2004, 10:08 PM
msn.foxsports.com/story/3009724 (http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3009724)

Former New Jersey Nets star Jayson Williams has prompted questions about a possible NBA comeback after he was spotted playing basketball with L.A. Clippers forward Elton Brand, according to the New York Post.

The newspaper reported the 36-year-old Williams was playing hoops with Brand and two other unnamed players at New York City's "Basketball City."

The 6-foot-10-inch forward joined the Nets in 1992, and during that stint became an All-Star until an ankle injury forced him into retirement in 1999. But apparently, Williams has been working out vigorously as an unnamed source said he and the other players ran windsprints between scrimmages.

In May, Williams was found not guilty on charges of aggravated manslaughter and aggravated assault in the shooting death of a limousine driver at Williams' New Jersey mansion. In the same case, Williams was convicted of hindering apprehension, tampering with witnesses, tampering with evidence and fabricating physical evidence.

jalbre6
09-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Lemme get this straight...

NOT GUILTY of aggravated manslaughter and aggravated assault...and GUILTY of hindering apprehension, tampering with witnesses, tampering with evidence and fabricating physical evidence?

WTF? That's ridiculous. Did it say in the press release that he did a good enough job confusing the cops in NJ that they couldn't convict him?

Uncle Donnie
09-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Did he even do jailtime?

timvp
09-14-2004, 08:59 PM
The Lakers should sign him.

Imagine a Kobe Bryant/Jayson Williams pick and roll. :shock

:shootme

Jimcs50
09-15-2004, 12:39 AM
Oh, my bad, I thought you were talking about Geraldine's boyfriend.:p

T Park Num 9
09-15-2004, 12:42 AM
I thought OJ was gonna come back to the Bills when I saw this.