PDA

View Full Version : Maybe if Tim Duncan had some sort of EGO....

Sigz
04-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Not Tim's fault; but maybe if he had some sort of ego or eccentric part of himself to speak up against his idiot coach who refuses to change his ways; we would have two big men starting next to each other.

Instead, we have T-Rex white boy getting all the minutes; all minutes while clunking three's and running up and down the court looking for approval from that washed up CIA reject.

C'mon Timmy, you can't be pleased with how this team is being coached at this stage of your career. You deserve the Robinson treatment; or anything close to that.

dbreiden83080
04-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Behind closed doors i am sure there is plenty of debate going on? This is the worst losing streak of Tim's career..

Strategic
04-02-2011, 05:41 PM
C'mon Timmy, you can't be pleased with how this team is being coached at this stage of your career.

I don't care how bad it makes the decision to resign these guys last summer look, I would not play Bonner or Jefferson again this year. It's not that I'm blaming them for anything. Everyone knew what the team was getting with these guys. They did not deceive!! I would love to see Duncan have the balls to call a two man meeting with Pop and take care of this issue. Good call Sigz!

:toast

SenorSpur
04-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't care how bad it makes the decision to resign these guys last summer look, I would not play Bonner or Jefferson again this year. It's not that I'm blaming them for anything. Everyone knew what the team was getting with these guys. They did not deceive!! I would love to see Duncan have the balls to call a two man meeting with Pop and take care of this issue. Good call Sigz!

MmP
04-02-2011, 05:59 PM
And who would you play instead of RJ at SF?

Giuseppe
04-02-2011, 06:00 PM
One (per se Duncan) does not need the ego of a Kobe Bryant to act as Bryant did in the aftermath of his playoff loss in '07. Squandering years, any years whether they be at prime as was the case with Bryant, or, at sub prime as is the case with Duncan is not only the error of the owner/management team, but, most importantly the player's error. I strongly believe had Bryant not become embroiled & sidetracked with the Colorado event he would have acted much more quickly to hold Buss accountable. That he was tardy is probably a regret that he'll never forgive himself for. That he's rung twice in the aftermath of his stern insistence that Buss live up to his responsibities is his salvation of the regret.

Duncan is the defacto leader. It's his responsibility to go after his Buss, Pop in this instance.

Business is business.

TD 21
04-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I've often thought this. But it's just not him.

This team is going to have to make a fundamental (you see what I did there?) decision in the off season: Either stay the course, make minor tweaks, continue to attempt to win now while simultaneously building for the future. Or realize that they're not going to be able to win another championship in their current composition and that the future, while not devoid of pieces, isn't the makings of a team that is much more than first round fodder. This obviously means making a couple of significant changes.

Even if they miraculously win the championship, I'd still probably go with the latter. They've got some solid assets that are expendable: McDyess' partially guaranteed contract, Blair, Anderson and their 1st round pick. It's not going to net them a superstar, but they don't need that. They need a legit second big. The odds of them being able to acquire an ideal fit are not good and they may have to take a risk/gamble on a player, but if it's a high reward type, it's worth it.

Even with the chances diminishing, at least there still is a chance with this core. Once that chance is gone, so are the chances of them being able to build a championship team for the foreseeable future (and that's being generous).

PM5K
04-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Worst streak of his career? He was injured.

Giuseppe
04-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I've often thought this. But it's just not him.

True, it is not him. Duncan is not American. Does not hold the value(s) that Bryant holds thru his American heritage, his upbringing. It's not a judgment of either man.

Duncan is a kinder soul. Kobe's lights are on, but, there is nobody home.

Duncan is too close to Pop, and vice versa. There is a price to pay for that closeness, that familiarity, that mutual declaration of "love." Opposition teams have paid that price in the past. Now that price is being extracted from the principals.

And it's not a worthy sight.

pjjrfan
04-02-2011, 08:11 PM
What's his character got to do with not being american. Duncan is Duncan, there's a lot of US born players who aren't outspoken or ego driven or self-centered. Battier and Grant Hill are two that come to mind, but they are far from being the only ones. loyalty to ones coach is not restricted to a person's nationality. I do agree that Tim probably will never call out anyone on the spurs staff or ownership, that's not him, that wasn't David Robinson, the charter plane not withstanding, I guess DRob got the wrong american upbringing.

Giuseppe
04-02-2011, 08:23 PM
What's his character got to do with not being american. Duncan is Duncan, there's a lot of US born players who aren't outspoken or ego driven or self-centered. Battier and Grant Hill are two that come to mind, but they are far from being the only ones. loyalty to ones coach is not restricted to a person's nationality. I do agree that Tim probably will never call out anyone on the spurs staff or ownership, that's not him, that wasn't David Robinson, the charter plane not withstanding, I guess DRob got the wrong american upbringing.

I just think there is less immediacy & importance put on "winning" by non American players. Duncan, as aforementioned defacto leader of the Spurs must consider "the needs of the many before the needs of the one."

He is beholden to not only "Dice" and his other fellows, but, to "you." What's enough for Tim may not be enough for the others in his sphere of influence and responsibility.

Pop's laziness and bad habits is Duncan's responsibility just as much as the 4 NBA Titles.

You make the playoffs. You win the last game you play.

There is nothing else.

mikeanthony21
04-02-2011, 09:39 PM
True, it is not him. Duncan is not American. Does not hold the value(s) that Bryant holds thru his American heritage, his upbringing. It's not a judgment of either man.

Duncan is a kinder soul. Kobe's lights are on, but, there is nobody home.

Duncan is too close to Pop, and vice versa. There is a price to pay for that closeness, that familiarity, that mutual declaration of "love." Opposition teams have paid that price in the past. Now that price is being extracted from the principals.

And it's not a worthy sight.

Duncan's NOT "American?" I had no idea that we had given the Virgin Islands their independence. When did THIS happen??? :rolleyes

Giuseppe
04-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Duncan's NOT "American?" I had no idea that we had given the Virgin Islands their independence. When did THIS happen??? :rolleyes

Whistlin' past the graveyard 3 years in-a-row....& counting.