PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playbook: San Antonio’s Comedy of Errors

Blackjack
04-02-2011, 05:00 PM
San Antonio’s Comedy of Errors
Sebastian Pruiti - NBA Playbook

Last night, against the Houston Rockets, the San Antonio Spurs dropped their sixth straight game, losing in overtime. While the first five losses weren’t really anything to worry about considering the injuries and the opponents (the first four had all or some of the Spurs’ big three sitting out, the fifth loss was to the Boston Celtics), this one was a little more worrisome.

With the Lakers breathing down the Spurs’ neck for the first seed and while playing a non-playoff team, the Spurs were really going for the win, but they were unable to get it due to a number (nine to be exact) of really bad mistakes made in the final minute of the fourth quarter and throughout overtime. Mistakes that you don’t really see Gregg Popovich coached teams make:

Mistake 1: Turnover In The Backcourt

Gouge eyes out here >>> (http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/04/02/san-antonios-comedy-of-errors/)

Wilford Brimley
04-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Please tell me this is all a bad dream. 10 days ago life was so good.

benefactor
04-02-2011, 05:11 PM
:shootme

rmt
04-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Don't know why anyone would ever go under a screen while guarding Martin. Hill is just terrible running around screens. He was worse guarding Ray Allen.

chazley
04-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Excellent post as usual from these guys. They do a great job.

Thompson
04-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Don't know why anyone would ever go under a screen while guarding Martin. Hill is just terrible running around screens. He was worse guarding Ray Allen.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I don't know why Pop hasn't beaten that out of him by now. I can only assume this frequently happens when Bonner is on the court, and therefore Pop's adoring gaze is fixed elsewhere.

Budkin
04-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Wow it's like watching a car crash over and over and over again...

Capt Bringdown
04-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Should be renamed Manu's comedy of errors.

Libri
04-02-2011, 08:55 PM

The same thing was happening against Boston. The Spurs were going under the screen and leaving Rondo wide open for the jump shot.

DeadlyDynasty
04-02-2011, 08:59 PM
The same thing was happening against Boston. The Spurs were going under the screen and leaving Rondo wide open for the jump shot.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Rondo had a freakishly good outside shooting game. He normally couldn't hit water from a boat