PDA

View Full Version : Lakers fans, even though you're holding the virtual nuts, the River looms.

midnightpulp
04-02-2011, 06:04 PM
The reasons for the poker analogy is (1) I play poker and (2) I thought a gambling analogy was fitting since I put 300 down on the Lakers at 9 to 5 to hoist the O'Brien this June.

What's this? Have I suddenly became a fan of the Lakers? Will the prospect of winning almost 600 dollars inspire me to cheer on the most overrated player in NBA history to capture his 6th ring?

The answer to both those questions is a resounding fuck no.

The reason I did this is because it puts me in a win-win situation no matter what. Lakers win, I got some extra spending money to play around with (after I clean up the projectile vomit off the wall, of course. Your favorite franchise really is that sickening). If they lose, well, that's self-explanatory, isn't it.

And let me warn you Lakers fans, I'm the unluckiest person alive when it comes to gambling. I never win. Even when I'm a near lock to win, something improbable always happens. I know most gamblers believe this to an extent, but I'm not fucking kidding, I'm cursed when it comes to games of chance.

Seriously.

Funny thing is, I'm an empirical minded person. I don't believe in luck, fate, curses, hunches, horoscopes, etc, etc. I believe in odds, and any peculiar streak of bad luck is simply an example of variance at work, and soon enough the cards will break even. Math is immutable and can't be undermined by the supernatural. Again, I believe that.

When it comes to other people.

But for myself, I truly believe the universe has conspired to place me on the negative side of variance. So when I lose to three Rivered one outers in a row, someone else is experiencing a rush of "good luck" to balance things out.

There's one card to come, Lakers fans. And now my chips are in the pot with yours, both of us holding the same hand. If my history with gambling has taught me anything, our hand won't hold up.

Good luck.

Giuseppe
04-02-2011, 06:07 PM
I smell 6 in-a-row.

tee, hee.

monosylab1k
04-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I smell 6 in-a-row.

tee, hee.

are you sure it's that, or just the lingering residue of the summer of 04 shit sandwich? You know, the one where Rip Hamilton and a band of merry overacheivers conquered 5 hall of famers, leaving no prisoners.

Smell again and let me know.

Giuseppe
04-02-2011, 06:12 PM
O & Forever!

monosylab1k
04-02-2011, 06:24 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/i/magazine/new/ben_wallace_belt.jpg

Mike Breen
04-02-2011, 06:26 PM
monosylab1k.....

PUTS IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giuseppe
04-02-2011, 06:58 PM
[Team: New York Knicks]

tee, hee.

frodo
04-02-2011, 07:24 PM
are you sure it's that, or just the lingering residue of the summer of 04 shit sandwich? You know, the one where Rip Hamilton and a band of merry overacheivers conquered 5 hall of famers, leaving no prisoners.

it ain't funny at all a mavs fan gloating on lakers failure in 04 imho. at least the lakers won championships in their history, not once but numerous times, 5 rings in only 11 years this century.

i hate the lakers as most bbal fans do but its no point being jealous of their success, nigga

Giuseppe
04-02-2011, 08:02 PM
& Dallas had their chance, up 2-0, almost 3-zip, and they collectively jammed the side door all the sudden.

Sure it wasn't life & death, but, it was still an American tragedy of gargantuan proportions.

cobbler
04-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Translation:

Im a bitch ass Spurs fan who talks a lot of trash but realizes that most overated player ever in the NBA is going to shit all over us again.

.... and I find it comical that he tells people all the time how he's not personally invested in a game cause he has a life outside of the Spurs yet he's going to vomit if the Lakers win. Classic! :toast

DJ Mbenga
04-02-2011, 10:42 PM
midnight must be hurting bad. not even harlem is starting bs threads

Ghazi
04-02-2011, 10:46 PM
& Dallas had their chance, up 2-0, almost 3-zip, and they collectively jammed the side door all the sudden.

Sure it wasn't life & death, but, it was still an American tragedy of gargantuan proportions.

we was robbed

InRareForm
04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
I think I am going to do the same., but just bet each individual games on the spread. I think I can make more money that way. They should roll and cover majority of spreads.

poor execution on the poker analogy tho ^

midnightpulp
04-06-2011, 12:16 AM
0-2 since I put my money down. Telling you, Lakers fans, I'm cursed when it comes to gambling. The Lakers are far-and-away the best team in the NBA, but they won't win the championship now that my cursed cash has been wagered on them.

Sorry, guys.

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Kobe: 5

Duncan: 4

Venti Quattro
04-06-2011, 12:18 AM
You should tell 'em since you live in Los Angeles and you proclaim to be a LA spurfan. That way they can tank it in the playoffs and lessen expectation and disappointment. It will be hard at first since telling them that you cursed the team will be fuckin stupid but they will get it

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Venti, gettin' his afraid on.

lefty
04-06-2011, 12:22 AM
The reasons for the poker analogy is (1) I play poker and (2) I thought a gambling analogy was fitting since I put 300 down on the Lakers at 9 to 5 to hoist the O'Brien this June.

What's this? Have I suddenly became a fan of the Lakers? Will the prospect of winning almost 600 dollars inspire me to cheer on the most overrated player in NBA history to capture his 6th ring?

The answer to both those questions is a resounding fuck no.

The reason I did this is because it puts me in a win-win situation no matter what. Lakers win, I got some extra spending money to play around with (after I clean up the projectile vomit off the wall, of course. Your favorite franchise really is that sickening). If they lose, well, that's self-explanatory, isn't it.

And let me warn you Lakers fans, I'm the unluckiest person alive when it comes to gambling. I never win. Even when I'm a near lock to win, something improbable always happens. I know most gamblers believe this to an extent, but I'm not fucking kidding, I'm cursed when it comes to games of chance.

Seriously.

Funny thing is, I'm an empirical minded person. I don't believe in luck, fate, curses, hunches, horoscopes, etc, etc. I believe in odds, and any peculiar streak of bad luck is simply an example of variance at work, and soon enough the cards will break even. Math is immutable and can't be undermined by the supernatural. Again, I believe that.

When it comes to other people.

But for myself, I truly believe the universe has conspired to place me on the negative side of variance. So when I lose to three Rivered one outers in a row, someone else is experiencing a rush of "good luck" to balance things out.

There's one card to come, Lakers fans. And now my chips are in the pot with yours, both of us holding the same hand. If my history with gambling has taught me anything, our hand won't hold up.

Good luck.

Well, thanks for the heads up

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Hey, Mid,,,splain:::

tee, hee.

midnightpulp
04-06-2011, 12:25 AM
You should tell 'em since you live in Los Angeles and you proclaim to be a LA spurfan. That way they can tank it in the playoffs and lessen expectation and disappointment. It will be hard at first since telling them that you cursed the team will be fuckin stupid but they will get it

I think Kobe already knows. He's looked listless and disinterested the past two games, as if he has the mentality that it's futile to put forth 100% effort now that his fate is pretty much sealed.

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 12:26 AM
I think Kobe already knows. He's looked listless and disinterested the past two games, as if he has the mentality that it's futile to put forth 100% effort now that his fate is pretty much sealed.

withstanding.

tee, hee.

4>0rings
04-06-2011, 12:29 AM

withstanding.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
lmemulatedao!

Spur-Addict

:lmao

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 12:36 AM
^Necroposts.

tee, hee.

Quit Hatin'
04-06-2011, 12:38 AM
You might be cursed faggot, but god is on our side.

Spur-Addict
04-06-2011, 12:38 AM
^Necroposts.

tee, hee.

Fag :lol

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 12:52 AM
fag :lol

16-4

Spur-Addict
04-06-2011, 01:06 AM
16-4

13,000 plus posts of nothingness.

Goodnight

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 01:08 AM
13,000 plus posts of nothingness.

Goodnight

lmvictoriousao!!!!!!!!!

NRHector
04-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Jesus you're to slow Culby

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Jesus you're to slow Culby

I have you waitin' around after midnite.

lmcontrollinao!

NRHector
04-06-2011, 01:14 AM
I knew you were going to respond to my posts

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 01:15 AM
I never quit.

It's my religion.

midnightpulp
04-07-2011, 12:04 AM
0-3 since I placed the wager. My mojo is wicked I gotta say.

Giuseppe
04-07-2011, 12:32 AM
0-3 since I placed the wager. My mojo is wicked I gotta say.

You shoulda mojo'ed The Skunker.

tee, hee.