PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of James Anderson today?

Sigz
04-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I like the kid, but he looked like garbage every minute he was in the game.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-03-2011, 11:17 PM
He looked like someone who was completely out of the rotation for a long time. Not a lot of confidence right now.

His +/- of -23 was pretty decent though.

DesignatedT
04-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Next year.

tdunk21
04-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Next year.

him and splitter should be good next year....maybe both of them can get some playing time

Dex
04-03-2011, 11:38 PM
IIRC hit his first shot, then was pretty much downhill after that. Had a nice block after it looked like his man had gotten around him.

Other than that, yeah...out of sync and out of rhythm. Still think he'll be a player for us...but not this season. Good to see him at least being used to fill minutes for now.

Chieflion
04-03-2011, 11:41 PM
I thought he was damn good defensively, especially one on one against other wing players. He clearly has good defensive instincts and athletic ability to pull off defensive stops out of his ass sometimes. He still can hit 3s. He needs to step up his conditioning and ball handling ability if he wants to have a starting job in the NBA.

Solid D
04-03-2011, 11:55 PM
On offense, James looked like he was wearing divers' boots.

http://www.divingheritage.com/images/divers-boots-1.jpg

roycrikside
04-04-2011, 12:06 AM
I think the Spurs outscored Phoenix by 40 in the 30 minutes he was on the bench and were outscored by 23 in the 18 minutes he played.

And it wasn't a coincidence. He's too fat.

lmbebo
04-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Offensively, some of the moves he made were off. If he had been able to execute them, I'm sure we'd all be speaking differently of him.

I dont see him playing much in playoffs.

SnakeBoy
04-04-2011, 12:13 AM
him and splitter should be good next year....maybe both of them can get some playing time

Splitter will be a starter next year. I'm not sure if Anderson will even be on the team.

ShoogarBear
04-04-2011, 12:42 AM
He looked like someone who was completely out of the rotation for a long time. Not a lot of confidence right now.

His +/- of -23 was pretty decent though.

I bet you could look through a whole season of boxscores and not find another game where a guy was -23 when his team won by almost 20.

TE
04-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Looked insanely out of shape.

Juggity
04-04-2011, 12:47 AM

Dejuan is a little chubby, too

xellos88330
04-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Rusty. He didn't show as much hesitation this time though. I don't expect to see him much in the post season. Love his shooting form though.

Cane
04-04-2011, 01:18 AM
His highlight of the game was blocking Grant Hill's jumper. He seems like he has decent potential defensively which he showed before his unfortunate foot fracture.

As for lowlights he was hesitant at shooting the ball, looks out of shape, and doesn't have good ball handling. He led the team in turnovers with 4 but at least he got to the free throw line as much as the leading member of the big 3, Tony Parker, with 4 free throw attempts.

I like what I saw of Anderson before he went down with injury but right now he's too out of shape to really see consistent NBA minutes. He's been a surprise when it comes to potential on the defensive end and definitely has the talent to be a solid shooter as well. Hopefully he can work on his ball handling and more importantly just getting in shape and staying healthy.

Obstructed_View
04-04-2011, 01:58 AM
For someone who's supposedly really slow, he's amazingly quick at times. I'm glad to see he's getting time. I'll give him a pass until he gets into game shape, which isn't terribly likely at this stage.

cherylsteele
04-04-2011, 02:30 AM
I think the Spurs outscored Phoenix by 40 in the 30 minutes he was on the bench and were outscored by 23 in the 18 minutes he played.

He is rusty, not fat.

He looked in shape to me.

G-Dawgg
04-04-2011, 03:16 AM
He's just not in game shape right now, but mark my words...He's gonna be a good scorer in this league for years.

xellos88330
04-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Watched the game again. He is actually pretty good fighting through screens.

venitian navigator
04-04-2011, 03:41 AM
To me he looks a lott like a Joe Jhonson kind of body...and also plays the some role and hase quite the some skills (also if too young and not enough developed as for now....but also J.J. has struggled at the beginning of his carreer).
He needs time to adapt at the new game and new rythms, but to me he should became a very good player....in time.

Truth4sale$
04-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Had an overall unimpressive game but look at the crappy rookie year he had. Key word is rookie. He will be fine next year. If the spurs don't find a taller small forward next year..he is the future at the small forward spot. He will work on his game next year because Danny Green is coming hard for his job.

spurs50_
04-04-2011, 07:00 AM
i was at the game and he didn't look fat, its true that the cameras add pounds. manu looked thin too. spurs win and lakers lose....good day

Strategic
04-04-2011, 07:29 AM
He looks good, just has a long ways to go. If the idea is for him to play behind Manu he has some stiff competition. Gary Neal and Danny Green are tough customers, but don't forget how good James looked before the injury. Look for him to come on strong over the off season.

JonNOKC
04-04-2011, 08:19 AM
I think the JA we saw before injury is what we will see next year and even better - I watched him alot at OSU, but am an OU fan so I have no reason to try and overrate this kid I will just say that JA will go down as a steal for the Spurs. He has the potential to be a borderline all star and I think he will reach it.

elbamba
04-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I thought he looked fine in the first half. He had some bounce in his step, played decent defense and hit a jumper. He played like garbage in garbage time. No real way to measure that.

bdictjames
04-04-2011, 08:56 AM
He had a good hustle on that one offensive rebound in the fourth quarter.

urunobili
04-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I like this version of JA better than a lazy RJ tbh...

Em-City
04-04-2011, 10:46 AM
missed a couple of rebounds, didn't shoot with the regular motion (took some time like he was hesitating) and couldn;t pull off a couple of moves, but i thought he was our best defender today..

timtonymanu
04-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Before the injury, Anderson was a great rookie. I'm not gonna give up on him yet. He just needs to get in shape during the summer. I agree with some posters on here. He's gonna be a very special player. IMO, he's gonna be better than George Hill.

Obstructed_View
04-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I like this version of JA better than a lazy RJ tbh...

I wonder if it's a coincidence that RJ's play started to take a downward turn once Ja got hurt.

Harry Callahan
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
He'll be alright. SA had games to win this year and the injury set him back. A non-playoff team could sink a lot of minutes into James this time of the season, but the Spurs did not have that luxury.

I thought he looked to be a adequate defender and rebounds OK for his position. In the games I saw pre-injury he would also drive and draw fouls. He is a good shooter as well.

By the way, didn't JA start the Portland game that was played in SA? You know, the game where the SA bench showed more heart and desire than the Mavericks entire team did against Portland last night. I think JA played pretty well in 19 or 20 minutes in that one.

ChuckD
04-04-2011, 07:28 PM
James has a couple of things really going for him. He's a plus defender, and while he can play minutes at the 3, he has the complete skillset of a guard, and can be plugged in against big lineups. That's something that both Butler and Green lack.

urunobili
04-04-2011, 09:05 PM
I wonder if it's a coincidence that RJ's play started to take a downward turn once Ja got hurt.

mmmm slightly later... RJ stayed on his level till early JAN and JA went down 6 games into the season...

Cessation
04-04-2011, 09:36 PM
He'll be fine, just coming of an injury, it's to be expected.