PDA

View Full Version : Maybe LA has to stop chasing the HCA already

Venti Quattro
04-03-2011, 11:41 PM
And focus on health. They've already shown what a juggernaut they are if they are focused, primed and healthy. I'm not saying that they half-ass the games like what they did 3 games before the All-Star break, but it's time for them to ease on the pedal as the second season, and the one that counts, nears. I would still love them to get 60 wins at the end of the regular season, but right now I don't think that's a priority. Maybe if they had won today, I would be singing a different tune, but what I know and have been singing all along is that they shouldn't be too focused or too driven to steal HCA from San Antonio, or Chicago for that matter. Nobody can beat them if they are healthy, focused and primed for the championship.

The freak accidents that happened earlier to Bynum and Gasol show how one misfortune can change the course of a playoff run; how it can make or break a season. They pretty much got away with it but I wouldn't dare fate the second time.

ElNono
04-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Kome needs to catch Shaq... and eventually MJ... there are bigger things at stake here than a silly championship...

DeadlyDynasty
04-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Just stay ahead of Miami and Boston and I'm happy

Venti Quattro
04-03-2011, 11:54 PM
They'll probably be able to do that. Maybe they can send a message to SA on the 12th. But Phil hates statement games in the regular season, and the team has also taken his attitude :lmao

slick'81
04-04-2011, 12:33 AM
lol lakers losing a meaningless regular season game meaning anything

j.dizzle
04-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Just stay ahead of Miami and Boston and I'm happy

That's all that matters IMO. Lakerfan should be happy as hell right now to be in the spot they're in. #2 seed is pretty much a lock now since Dallas is morphing into playoff mode a little early. :lol I honestly dont see any team in the West or the Bulls beating LA 4 out of 7 if they somehow get past Boston or Miami.

xellos88330
04-04-2011, 12:51 AM
The Spurs are assholes.

They are dangling that one seed in front of the Lakers like a person teasing a dog with a beggin' strip. The dog is always so close to getting a tasty treat, when the person just pulls it up and makes them jump for it over, and over, and over again.

That could get pretty tiring.

DesignatedT
04-04-2011, 12:55 AM
:lmao bynums knee

TE
04-04-2011, 12:57 AM
tbh, I want the Lakers at full strength if they are to meet the Spurs. None of this Bynum/Gasol injury shit.

turiaf for president
04-04-2011, 01:17 AM
tbh, I want the Lakers at full strength if they are to meet the Spurs. None of this Bynum/Gasol injury shit.

so you wanna have no shot of winning?

jjktkk
04-04-2011, 01:32 AM
The Lakers have already proven that their ready for the playoffs, they don't need the #1 seed.

ALVAREZ6
04-04-2011, 01:38 AM
10-27 :lol

Venti Quattro
04-04-2011, 01:45 AM
10-27 :lol

Kobe in finals mode tbh. Tim Duncan was the pioneer of 10-27

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2011, 01:58 AM
LA's only obstacle in the West is Kobe, tbh..

ALVAREZ6
04-04-2011, 02:03 AM
Kobe in finals mode tbh. Tim Duncan was the pioneer of 10-27

haha true

Still wish Manu got the finals MVP that year

SourCandy
04-04-2011, 02:31 AM
Tbh I don't think the lakeshow need it. They have so many fans to fill any arena they visit :lol

Giuseppe
04-04-2011, 04:33 AM
Kome needs to catch Shaq... and eventually MJ... there are bigger things at stake here than a silly championship...

Yeah, he already catched Duncan at:::

Kobe: 5

Duncan: 4

tee, hee.

ogait
04-04-2011, 07:08 AM
That's all that matters IMO. Lakerfan should be happy as hell right now to be in the spot they're in. #2 seed is pretty much a lock now since Dallas is morphing into playoff mode a little early. :lol I honestly dont see any team in the West or the Bulls beating LA 4 out of 7 if they somehow get past Boston or Miami.

About the Bulls i agree that it won't be easy for them to get out of the East but if they end up meeting LA in the finals don't take the victory for granted speacially if you don't have HCA.

You don't have anyone that can even remotely give a challenge to D. Rose 1 on 1 and your biggest advantage wich is your frontline will at least be challenged by the Noah/Boozer and company.

Cry Havoc
04-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Tbh I don't think the lakeshow need it. They have so many fans to fill any arena they visit :lol

Yeah, that's not going to happen in the playoffs.

Frenzy
04-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah, that's not going to happen in the playoffs.
Actually...she right. During the playoffs the bandwagon fans roll hard. I'd bet Lakers have the biggest selection of bandwagon fans of any sport.

TampaDude
04-04-2011, 07:38 AM
The Spurs are assholes.

They are dangling that one seed in front of the Lakers like a person teasing a dog with a beggin' strip. The dog is always so close to getting a tasty treat, when the person just pulls it up and makes them jump for it over, and over, and over again.

That could get pretty tiring.

:lol

jag
04-04-2011, 07:39 AM
LA's only obstacle in the West is Kobe, tbh..

...and Bynum's health.

...and The Tiago, tbh.

Giuseppe
04-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Actually...she right. During the playoffs the bandwagon fans roll hard. I'd bet Lakers have the biggest selection of bandwagon fans of any sport.

When you was O & 6 there was an empty wagon upstairs.

tee, hee.

hater
04-04-2011, 10:00 AM
In other words, the Lakers have peaked already?

Jose Canseco
04-04-2011, 10:06 AM
You go out and win every game you can. Whatever happens happens.

Unless you're talking about not playing Bynum at all until the playoffs, I don't think you play to not get hurt. A player can get injured playing 35 minutes or 5 minutes. Injuries happen. Once you start playing not to get hurt, that's when you get hurt.

Giuseppe
04-04-2011, 10:09 AM
^Exactly. Like Bryant said:::"anybody anywhere." & Odom followed it up yesterday by saying that running from teams is not the Laker way.

DMC
04-04-2011, 11:17 AM
At this point I just want the Lakers to lose. I don't care why.

Giuseppe
04-04-2011, 11:31 AM
& I feel the same way about the Spurs. That's why the 6 in-a-row was so much fun.

j.dizzle
04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
& I feel the same way about the Spurs. That's why the 6 in-a-row was so much fun.

A few weeks ago it looked like the Spurs starters would be getting some much needed rest at the end of the season. Not anymore :lol.

cheguevara
04-04-2011, 12:26 PM
A few weeks ago it looked like the Spurs starters would be getting some much needed rest at the end of the season. Not anymore :lol.

the injuries derailed the plan a bit. but not much. all Spurs have to do is win 3 more games. They could win vs. Utah, Kings and Suns at 50% and tank the rest of the games and still get #1 seed.

so our big guys will get rest.