PDA

View Full Version : The Triangle Offense

xellos88330
04-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Just read this in the game notes on the Lakers/Nuggets recap.

"Former Lakers assistant coach Tex Winter, whose innovative triangle offense served as a blueprint for Jackson's NBA-record 11 championships in Chicago and Los Angeles, will formally be announced as one of the newest members of the Basketball Hall of Fame on Monday prior to the NCAA championship game at Houston -- the city where he spent his only two seasons as an NBA head coach with the Rockets in the early 1970s."

I had previously thought that it was all Jackson. Is this true Phil Jackson historians?

BRHornet45
04-04-2011, 01:30 AM
son it is indeed true that Phil simply said "sons just pass the ball to Michael, Shaq, or Gasol"

Giuseppe
04-04-2011, 04:17 AM
& have Pierce hesitate for a split second on Artest.

tee, hee.

monosylab1k
04-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Just read this in the game notes on the Lakers/Nuggets recap.

"Former Lakers assistant coach Tex Winter, whose innovative triangle offense served as a blueprint for Jackson's NBA-record 11 championships in Chicago and Los Angeles, will formally be announced as one of the newest members of the Basketball Hall of Fame on Monday prior to the NCAA championship game at Houston -- the city where he spent his only two seasons as an NBA head coach with the Rockets in the early 1970s."

I had previously thought that it was all Jackson. Is this true Phil Jackson historians?

It's true. Tex Winter designed the brilliant "Have 2+ Hall Of Famers" triangle offense.

koriwhat
04-04-2011, 06:22 AM
no wonder they run the triangle out in LA, bunch of fresas.

Isitjustme?
04-04-2011, 07:03 AM
It's true. Tex Winter designed the brilliant "Have 2+ Hall Of Famers" triangle offense.

Probably 95% of the NBA champions have had 2 or more Hall of Famers. You need them to win titles.

koriwhat
04-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Here you go again. Are you ok?

i'm all good... just kickin' back watching some naruto before i head out to school. :king

just bustin' yo balls! have a great day LL.

Jose Canseco
04-04-2011, 08:47 AM
John Stockton and Karl Malone should have played in the triangle offense.

TJ Hoozhamazode... championship!

Sportcamper
04-04-2011, 08:54 AM
The triangle offense was a joke when Shaq was healthy & playing for the Lakers…