PDA

View Full Version : best pho in SA?

blizz
04-04-2011, 08:34 AM
where can I get some good pho in SA? I'd also like to find a place that does good vietnamese sandwiches.

koriwhat
04-04-2011, 08:37 AM
lemongrass is good right off of thousand oaks and 281... i have no idea if they have pho or if they're vietnamese, i believe it's a thai place.

the only vietnamese i've had has been in little hole in the walls that i bet a $100 wouldn't pass inspection. they were alright but i really can't think of where they all are. sorry.

ashbeeigh
04-04-2011, 09:18 AM
I've heard this place (can't think of the name) on corner of De Zavala and Silicon has good pho. It's by 46th Street Pizza.

admiralsnackbar
04-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Best Pho I've had is at Taste of Asia on Bitters ans West. For banh mi, you need to go to French Sandwiches on Wurzbach and Fredricksburg.

blizz
04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
thanks snackbar. i'm gonna hit up both of those places this week.

fraga
04-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Pho How Long...off 4-10 and Ingram...inside the loop... :D

Drachen
04-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Best Pho I've had is at Taste of Asia on Bitters ans West. For banh mi, you need to go to French Sandwiches on Wurzbach and Fredricksburg.

I have to say this, anyone who goes to French Sandwiches and doesn't order the onion soup is committing a crime. That place has the best onion soup I have ever tasted and its not even close. (the sandwiches are just ok imo)

I. Hustle
04-04-2011, 10:37 AM
PM5k's mom's house

Big Worm
04-04-2011, 11:18 AM
I'd say that place over on Ashley Pl is the best pho sure. (http://pho-sure.com/)

The Gemini Method
04-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Move to Westminster out here and you have like, 40 different spots for good pho and bahn mi...and bo luc lack...and broken rice...

PakiDan
04-04-2011, 12:56 PM

:tu It used to be called Pho Cong Li. Good pho... best I've had in SA.

baseline bum
04-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Move to Westminster out here and you have like, 40 different spots for good pho and bahn mi...and bo luc lack...and broken rice...

Lee's Sandwiches is the shit. :tu

MannyIsGod
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM

I loved the French Sandwich place but I haven't been there in years.

TheGreatest23
04-04-2011, 01:09 PM
damn..you guys making me want to head down the street for some pho for lunch.

The Gemini Method
04-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Lee's Sandwiches is the shit. :tu

I like Lee's, but there are soooo many better shops that can surpass them. There's a place I like called Bahn Mi Che Cali and you can get 3 sandwiches for 5 bucks...on point...sometimes you may run into a Viet cutie and be like what's up! Oh, and it's 24 hours, too.

baseline bum
04-04-2011, 02:41 PM
I like Lee's, but there are soooo many better shops that can surpass them. There's a place I like called Bahn Mi Che Cali and you can get 3 sandwiches for 5 bucks...on point...sometimes you may run into a Viet cutie and be like what's up! Oh, and it's 24 hours, too.

I loved the one in Westminster... a couple of the other Lee's I tried weren't as good, but that 24 hour one was where we always headed at 2AM, even if it was a long drive from Westwood. :lol

The Gemini Method
04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I loved the one in Westminster... a couple of the other Lee's I tried weren't as good, but that 24 hour one was where we always headed at 2AM, even if it was a long drive from Westwood. :lol

I was in Vegas a couple weekends ago and they've started opening Lee's in the Sin City. I was like, wow, they're really moving up in the sandwich world. It really is a treat to introduce my non-Asian friends to Lee's because it helps the banh mi culture grow and its a really good alternative to the sub.

Cuckolded Sissy
04-04-2011, 03:59 PM
there a Lees in Dallas and Houston, no Slantytown in SA?

I. Hustle
04-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Y'all are making me want to go home and watch Gran Torino

DMC
04-04-2011, 04:21 PM
What's pho?
It's pronounced fuh? (with the upward inflection). It's a soup where they cook the broth for a long period of time, with mixed onions and such, and they add thin slices of beef, generally raw, pour the soup over it and it cooks at it's being brought to you. Really good stuff, opens the sinuses if you get it spicy.

Cuckolded Sissy
04-04-2011, 05:00 PM
its gook menudo

admiralsnackbar
04-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Inspired by this thread, I decided to try Pho Saigon on Wurzbach today. The pho was totally acceptable (Taste of Asia is better, but have had much, much worse in town), AND they have banh mi on site for $3 a pop FTW.

admiralsnackbar
04-04-2011, 05:57 PM
its gook menudo
More like gook caldo, tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
04-04-2011, 10:35 PM
lol im in vietnam atm been here for 6 weeks and i havnt had pho yet

the best pho is usually home made cause ur parents will try and go low MSG as possible, while the shops puts in to much MSG to get that sweet flavor...

banh mi thit = pork roll...

if ur eating in store always ask for vietnamese ice coffee or 3 color drink...

thit bo luc lac = thats just like ur beef steak at home cut into smaller pieces, why you wanna eat this?

try prawn and pork/beef papaya salad

v2freak
04-05-2011, 01:53 AM
Try Vietnam on Broadway near the Zoo, or Pho Tien by Northstar Mall right by McCullough I believe. It's a reasonably large restaurant right next to the place where I got my tattoo.,

I. Hustle
04-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Try Vietnam on Broadway near the Zoo, or Pho Tien by Northstar Mall right by McCullough I believe. It's a reasonably large restaurant right next to the place where I got my tattoo.,

Do they specialize in post kaff tatt meals?