PDA

View Full Version : *** Official 2011 Texas Rangers Season Thread ***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

stretch
04-04-2011, 09:47 AM
great start to the season with a sweep of the team that was expected to dethrone the Rangers as AL champs. a very nice outing by Harrison yesterday, and solid outings by CJ and Colby. hopefully Harrison can stay remotely as effective as he was, and Holland can step up and be a solid starter.

to21
04-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Ian and Nelly....:wow

LnGrrrR
04-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Great job, that third string pitcher Harrison impressed me.

Axe Murderer
04-04-2011, 02:23 PM
st:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol ck:lold

symple19
04-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Nice start for the rangers.

Whisky Dog
04-04-2011, 03:51 PM
The pen, outside of Tobin who was fresh off the rule 5 farm and was shellshocked, did a great job in this series. Very nice start, but they need to make it a consistent habit for the season.

Spurminator
04-05-2011, 08:14 PM
This Ogando-as-a-starter thing is off too a nice start.

stretch
04-06-2011, 03:47 PM
another day another sweep

stretch
04-11-2011, 11:37 AM
harrison looking like a machine out there so far

we stacked

Fpoonsie
04-11-2011, 12:00 PM
What's the latest on Young? Is he sticking around?

And my apologies in advance for how old this news most likely is...

stretch
04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Hes sticking around for now. he would be dumb not to. he has played in every game, while being rotated between 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and DH.

Fpoonsie
04-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Hes sticking around for now. he would be dumb not to. he has played in every game, while being rotated between 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and DH.

Good. As a seasoned Rangers fan w/ a whole 1 year of rabid fandom under my belt, I'd hate to see him go.

As an aside, Verlander's stuff looks scary right now. At the same time, Ogando ain't no slouch either...though, what the fuck is that coming out the side of his face?

Axe Murderer
04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Good. As a seasoned Rangers fan w/ a whole 1 year of rabid fandom under my belt, I'd hate to see him go.

:lol

stretch
04-11-2011, 02:28 PM
a little scare, but feliz took care of business

9-1 in the first 10. very nice start. pitching has been crisp. of course they are loaded with hitters and speed. fielding looks very good especially with beltre at 3rd.

yavozerb
04-11-2011, 03:05 PM
a little scare, but feliz took care of business

9-1 in the first 10. very nice start. pitching has been crisp. of course they are loaded with hitters and speed. fielding looks very good especially with beltre at 3rd.

:toast, always nice to win with pitching and defense from time to time...

Axe Murderer
04-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Coming into this game the Rangers were first in the majors in pitching with a 2.22 ERA....and then we throw another shutout

Texas Chili Dog
04-11-2011, 08:00 PM
This Ogando-as-a-starter thing is off too a nice start.

This post needs a re-post. Ogando flat out got into a pitcher's duel with Verlander and won on his turf. Sick performance.

Spursfan092120
04-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Keep it going fellas...looking strong as hell right now...and it's our defense that's doing it..lol...

Kyle Orton
04-12-2011, 09:44 AM
:lol weren't the Rangers considering making Feliz a starter this year? He might be the best closer in baseball right now.

stretch
04-12-2011, 12:09 PM
:lol weren't the Rangers considering making Feliz a starter this year? He might be the best closer in baseball right now.

Yeah, because they werent expecting their starting pitching to do this well. Hopefully they keep it up. I've always been an Ogando fan, and I'm glad hes getting the chance to shine. Feliz as the closer makes the Rangers that much tougher to beat.

stretch
04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
figures... 10 games in, and Josh is already hurt.

crc21209
04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
figures... 10 games in, and Josh is already hurt.

That sucks. What's up with this guy?

crc21209
04-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Darren O'Day choking hardcore now....just loaded the bases in the bottom of the 9th with 2 out....

stretch
04-12-2011, 03:26 PM
wtf is oday doing....

crc21209
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
O'Day = WEAK.

stretch
04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
O'Day friggin blows. Blew ass all through the playoffs last year. Blowing ass now.

ace3g
04-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Josh Hamilton breaks bone in arm on slide home. Out 6 to 8 weeks

monosylab1k
04-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Josh Hamilton breaks bone in arm on slide home. Out 6 to 8 weeks

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=6337836
:depressed

monosylab1k
04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
one silver lining to Josh being hurt, actually two.

1. Now there's no debating it - signing Josh to a long term deal is crazy. Way too injury prone to invest big money in him.

2. We'll know once and for all if Borbon or Davis can play.

Axe Murderer
04-12-2011, 06:01 PM
That's a fucking stupid play because the catcher is coming at full speed and he's either gonna collide into Josh with catchers gear on or this. It's like a football collision waiting to happen except one of them doesn't have the luxury of pads

JamStone
04-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately for the Rangers and Josh, the Tigers (particularly Penny and Miguel Cabrera) were too incompetent to be aware of the fact that one of them needed to cover home plate. If the Tigers actually had some competent defensive awareness, Hamilton wouldn't be hurt right now.

I agree with Josh though. That's an awfully risky play for the third base coach to call considering it's still just the first inning, it's your best player and defending AL MVP, and your team's offense has been great so far in the season. Why take the risk?

Axe Murderer
04-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately for the Rangers and Josh, the Tigers (particularly Penny and Miguel Cabrera) were too incompetent to be aware of the fact that one of them needed to cover home plate. If the Tigers actually had some competent defensive awareness, Hamilton wouldn't be hurt right now.

I agree with Josh though. That's an awfully risky play for the third base coach to call considering it's still just the first inning, it's your best player and defending AL MVP, and your team's offense has been great so far in the season. Why take the risk?

The Rangers are a super aggressive team on the basepaths who always take risks most other teams don't take. But this was a dumb play. There's no way everyone on the Tigers would've fallen asleep long enough for Hamilton to score IMHO

crc21209
04-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Well so much for the great start....

Chris
04-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Time for Murphy to step up!

sribb43
04-12-2011, 06:34 PM
rangers offense will be fine

TheMACHINE
04-12-2011, 06:50 PM
atleast Josh broke a bone trying to score a run, not celebrating after a hitting a grandslam.

Chris
04-12-2011, 07:27 PM
The incident where Milton Bradley injures himself after getting ejected by the 1st base umpire will always be the champion. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy :lol

Texas Chili Dog
04-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Chris Davis is going to be recalled from the minors.

AGAIN

Axe Murderer
04-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Chris Davis is going to be recalled from the minors.

AGAIN

This is his last chance to prove that he belongs on the team. If he fails again he'll just be a utility guy shipped from team to team for the rest of his career dipping in and out of the minors.

Supposedly he's been tearing it up in the minors.......again:rolleyes

monosylab1k
04-12-2011, 10:19 PM
This is his last chance to prove that he belongs on the team. If he fails again he'll just be a utility guy shipped from team to team for the rest of his career dipping in and out of the minors.

Supposedly he's been tearing it up in the minors.......again:rolleyes

:tu

Borbon should be getting an even more extensive look the next 6-8 weeks too. I want a final decision to be made about both of those guys. Either they have it or they don't, and right now is the perfect time to figure it out.

Isitjustme?
04-13-2011, 06:25 AM
Steroids make you more injury prone, he could be back on the juice...

Jose Canseco
04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Steroids are great for your body if you know what you're doing.

Axe Murderer
04-13-2011, 10:57 AM
:tu

Borbon should be getting an even more extensive look the next 6-8 weeks too. I want a final decision to be made about both of those guys. Either they have it or they don't, and right now is the perfect time to figure it out.

Yeah the Rangers only have 4 outfielders on there roster (including Hamilton) so it's gonna be Borbon, Cruz, and Murphy with Moreland as the emergency outfielder

Axe Murderer
04-13-2011, 12:39 PM
tbh Borbon is such a strange player.

He's got great speed, a nice swing, doesn't strike out often yet it seems as if he's an automatic out everytime he steps up there

stretch
04-13-2011, 12:51 PM
too aggressive tbh

needs to be a little more patient, try to work the pitch count better, and get some walks

Fpoonsie
04-13-2011, 02:01 PM
God bless wild pitches.

Fpoonsie
04-13-2011, 02:14 PM
That was...weird.

stretch
04-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Dammit, Mark Lowe blows so much ass

Fpoonsie
04-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah, that was kind've a buzzkill. Wow.

stretch
04-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Lowe has no business being on the roster.

Fpoonsie
04-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, as the commentator said, today was gonna give Wash a chance to see what he's got in the bullpen. Hopefully, he realizes what he DOESN'T have in Lowe.

Fpoonsie
04-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Oliver looks great. Had he only come in an inning earlier...

Axe Murderer
04-13-2011, 03:11 PM
The Rangers desperately need a power arm in the bullpen now that Ogando has been moved to the rotation

Fpoonsie
04-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Can someone explain to me what a "bock" is? I still have no idea...

Axe Murderer
04-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Can someone explain to me what a "bock" is? I still have no idea...

:lol "balk"

I know that it constitutes a few things.

For one, the pitcher has to be set on the mound completely before he pitches, so the batter will be ready for the pitch.

Another thing you can't do is once you're set you can't make any sudden movements without stepping off the rubber

crc21209
Retard Rangers lose again. They wont be the same without Hamilton....

Axe Murderer
well fuck me..

Axe Murderer
04-13-2011, 03:20 PM
The Rangers desperately need a power arm in the bullpen now that Ogando has been moved to the rotation

stretch
04-13-2011, 03:27 PM
damn bullpen

stretch
04-13-2011, 03:32 PM
hopefully Chris Davis doesnt blow ass this time around, so maybe he can be used as a trade piece to get that power arm in the bullpen. and get mark lowe the fuck out

Fpoonsie
04-13-2011, 03:50 PM
:lol "balk"

I know that it constitutes a few things.

For one, the pitcher has to be set on the mound completely before he pitches, so the batter will be ready for the pitch.

Another thing you can't do is once you're set you can't make any sudden movements without stepping off the rubber

Huh. So, with DET's mid-reliever, was it that slight head movement that did him in?

And, wow, the end of today's game sucked. Borbon left stranded on 3rd, and a walk-off homer. Yikes. Fucking Lowe...

JamStone
04-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Booyakasha!!!

Thank you! Come again!

Nah foreal, Tigers were really lucky to come out of this series with 2 wins. The loss of Josh Hamilton was huge because the Tigers couldn't get Michael Young out the whole series. Funny thing is that the Tigers best pitcher and pitching performance lost but they won the other two games (granted again without Josh playing).

stretch
04-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Rangers should have been able to win despite not having Josh. It's good that this happened early though, so they know how badly they need some power (and help in general) in the bullpen.

JamStone
04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm not saying the Rangers shouldn't have won the last two games. But with Josh in the line-up, I'm extremely confident that the Rangers would have scored several more runs the last two games. Scherzer pitched well today. And Penny survived yesterday enough to give the team a chance to win. I'll take it. The Tigers have had a rough start so far. They needed to win a series at home against a good team. Hopefully it can be something that gets them going.

monosylab1k
04-13-2011, 04:31 PM
The Tigers have been owning the Rangers for years tbh.

Axe Murderer
04-13-2011, 04:34 PM
The Tigers have been owning the Rangers for years tbh.

Good point tbh

Actually not too mad about how we played. In the past, three day games at Comerica would've been an easy sweep for the Tigers.

jjktkk
04-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Rangers should have been able to win despite not having Josh. It's good that this happened early though, so they know how badly they need some power (and help in general) in the bullpen.

Rangers were 19-10 last year without Hamilton. Its nice to have David Murphy as a option.

TheNextGen
04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Any good Rangers forums out there?

Texas Chili Dog
04-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Any good Rangers forums out there?

yes, Lone Star Ball (http://www.lonestarball.com/). And there is also BBTIA (http://www.bbtia.com/).

Texas Chili Dog
04-15-2011, 06:28 PM
John Rhadigan just said "You get an RBI when you hit a home run." He seriously did. I heard it with my own ears. GTFO

Fpoonsie
04-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Rangers hitting well when it matters. Good sign.

Don't fuck it up, bullpen.

Fpoonsie
04-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Nice lookin double-play. Andrus threw a fucking rocket.

Texas Chili Dog
04-15-2011, 08:03 PM
:tu Texas Chili Dog likes this.

Texas Chili Dog
04-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Matt Harrison is getting DP after DP. That's five for the game, which ties a Yankee franchise record. Last time was in 1968.

LakerHater
04-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Crap!

Texas Chili Dog
04-15-2011, 08:43 PM
yet another DP! New Yankee record! :lol

Texas Chili Dog
04-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Feliz finally shuts the door! hello win column!

LakerHater
04-15-2011, 09:08 PM
yet another dp! New yankee record! :lol
crap!

stretch
04-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Pitching staff getting very thin... hopefully Hunter returns real soon. I'd hate to do this, but as bad as the bullpen has been, looks like Ogando is going to need to go back to being a set-up guy.

Axe Murderer
04-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Kinsler and Cruz are really starting to piss me off.

Cruz i'm not quite as frustrated because he's obviously in a slump but it seems as if outside of the first 4 games he's done nothing. It seems as if 90% of his atbats end in a walk, strikeout, home run, or 500 foot pop up.

As far as Kinsler goes, there's the good Kinsler and the bad Kinsler. He always alternates between the two. The good one will hit for contact while the bad one tries to hit a homer everytime which ends up being a pop up 9 out of 10 times. He's currently in the bad stage. Oh well atleast Borbon looks like he's getting comfortable and Davis is actually hitting the ball into play.

And our bullpen sucks ass outside of Feliz but we all knew that

Chris
05-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Harrisson blows :lol

stretch
05-02-2011, 10:18 AM
ugh

Axe Murderer
05-02-2011, 01:13 PM
where's Phillip been? Curious to hear his thoughts iirc

stretch
05-04-2011, 09:53 AM
fuck this bullpen

and the hitters need to start putting up some more points dammit

on the other hand, Ogando is looking like he deserves to stay in the rotation when Hunter returns.

Chris
05-04-2011, 06:21 PM
http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110504&content_id=18618830&vkey=news_tex&c_id=tex

Rangers ink Cuban defector Martin for five years

Speedy center fielder has instincts that team found attractive

SEATTLE -- The Rangers' global search for premium talent has landed them a player who they are hoping will be an impact center fielder and leadoff hitter.

The price for Cuban defector Leonys Martin was a hefty $15.5 million, including a $5 million signing bonus, over five years. But the signing, announced on Wednesday, reaffirmed the Rangers' commitment under their new ownership group to be aggressive in all areas of player procurement.

"This is something we are really excited about," general manager Jon Daniels said. "Our scouts worked really hard on this, doing as much homework on this as possible. We had a lot of people look at this guy and there was a lot of sentiment he could be an impact guy.
Cuba's Leonys Martin makes a catch near the wall in a World Baseball Classic game against South Africa in 2009. (AP)

"Our ownership group has been extremely supportive and stepped up with what was a very substantial financial outlay. It shows ownership is committed to not only adding Major League talent but understands the importance of adding talent to the pipeline and keeping the organization going."

Martin last played for Cuba during the FISU World University Championships in Japan last July and August. He defected shortly after that and had been working out in Mexico for Major League clubs. Martin, 23, is a left-handed hitter who had a career average of .314 over five seasons in Cuba.

"He's an athletic kid," said Mike Daly, the Rangers' director of international scouting. "We feel he is a plus defender in center field. He can throw and he can run. He is a line-drive hitter with a knowledge of the strike zone and can put the ball in the gaps. We feel he is a guy who can hit, get on base and defend in center field.

"He has some pull power and has strength in his swing. I wouldn't be surprised if he hits some home runs. But that's not his approach. He uses all fields, knows the strike zone and has a leadoff-hitter type of approach. On the basepaths, he is an instinctive player. He's smart. He runs naturally, but he has a chance to have an impact with his knowledge and instincts."

Daly saw Martin play in Japan last year, and a number of Rangers officials, including top advisors A.J. Preller and Don Welke, saw him in Mexico. Most significant was the work of Latin American scout Jose Fernandez, who has a Cuban background and has known Martin for many years.

Any international free-agent signing can be hit-or-miss, but Daniels said Martin possesses some intangibles beyond his physical talent that attracted the Rangers.

"First of all, his intelligence, aptitude and makeup all graded out strong," Daniels said. "He's not just an athlete who doesn't know how to use his talent. He's able to make adjustments. He is a guy who controls the strike zone in international competition and gets on base."

Martin will also have help. His father and girlfriend are already in the country.

"Having a network of family and friends will help him in the process of being a big league player," Daniels said. "There were a lot of little factors that made us feel this guy is a good bet."

Martin is currently working out in Surprise, Ariz., and playing in extended spring games. He had a walk and a stolen base in his first plate appearance on Wednesday. He hasn't faced much live pitching since his defection, so the Rangers want him to play in Arizona until they believe he's ready for Minor League competition. He will most likely start at Double-A Frisco.

He was added to the 40-man roster, so there is a possibility he could be an option for the Rangers at the Major League level at some point during the season. But that is not in the works right now.

"I wouldn't rule it out, but we're not focused on that," Daniels said. "A lot of it will depend on his development and our needs."

Julio Borbon is currently the Rangers' starting center fielder.

"He's swinging the bat better lately," Daniels said of Borbon. "We need him to help our club right now. Julio has a chance to help our club for a long time. But as we go forward, we want to have as many options and depth as we can. Things happen. You think you're set at a position, and all of sudden a set of unusual circumstances come up and you have to improvise on the fly."

The Rangers have been relentless, especially on the international free-agent market, in acquiring players who are considered premium athletic talents in the middle of the field: catcher, shortstop and center field. Some of their best position-player prospects, including center fielders Craig Gentry and Engel Beltre, fit that description.

Beltre has been playing center field for Frisco, although he is currently serving a 10-game suspension for his involvement in an altercation with fans in San Antonio last week. If at some point Beltre and Martin find themselves in the same Frisco outfield, they could alternate between center and right field.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though he is starting at Double A, the money he got signed for does not bode well for Julio Borbon.

Chris
05-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Moreland's first career grand slam got negated by a rainout! :bang
7-0 lead :pctoss

Spursfan092120
05-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Michael Young about to be on JRIB...ESPN...

Spursfan092120
05-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Hamilton going to rehab stint...
Updated: May 18, 2011, 6:45 PM ET

Josh Hamilton cleared for rehab stint
By Richard Durrett
ESPNDallas.com
Archive
The Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton, the 2010 AL MVP, will begin a minor league rehab assignment in Double-A Frisco on Wednesday night.

Hamilton, who went on the disabled list right after he suffered a hairline fracture in a bone in his upper arm on April 12, is expected to play in Frisco as the designated hitter on Wednesday and Thursday. He then will head to Triple-A Round Rock to continue his rehab for three more games.

"For the next five games, yes, I want to be careful before I get back," Hamilton said Wednesday before batting practice at Frisco. "If I get on first, I'm not going to get much of a lead. I'm not going to be diving back, and I'm not doing any stolen bases."

Hamilton returned from the club's road trip Tuesday night and had a CT scan on his upper arm and shoulder. He was examined by Rangers physician Dr. Keith Meister and the scan showed "significant healing," according to the club's release.

"It's a little extra comfort to get the CT scan today and see that it's healed up pretty good," Hamilton said prior to stretching and taking batting practice on Wednesday. "I'm ready to go. I've been champing at the bit for a while the last couple of weeks and now I get to get a little game action and hopefully work on my timing and get it back pretty quick."

Hamilton was hurt trying to score with a headfirst slide into home. The slugger made a daring dash to an uncovered plate on a foul popout after being told to go by third-base coach Dave Anderson.

After initially calling the play "stupid" and saying he ran because he was told to, Hamilton later met with Anderson and tried publicly to clarify what he meant -- that he was disappointed about being hurt -- and that he didn't blame the coach for getting hurt.

"I don't hate the way I got hurt. I could have been smarter and not gone, but I appreciate Dave's confidence in my ability to make it," Hamilton reiterated Wednesday. "Could I have slid in feet-first? Yes, but I wouldn't have made it."

When Hamilton got hurt, the Rangers said he would be out six to eight weeks, and wouldn't swing a bat for about a month.

Hamilton resumed taking batting practice with the Rangers last Friday, a month and a day after he got hurt. The Rangers' game next Tuesday will be six weeks after the injury.

"The frustration wears off the more times you do it," he said. "Now I call it eagerness to get back there."

Hamilton said that while it's been challenging to sit in the dugout and not be able to help his team on the field, he's found a way to deal with it and focus on the recovery.

"I hate to say it, but I've learned because I have been injured quite a few times that I can't rush anything and that I can't do anything about being hurt," Hamilton said. "But I can do something about having a good attitude and being supportive of my teammates, being in the dugout and bugging them and keeping their morale up. That's exactly what I've done."

Hamilton was batting .333 with seven RBIs in 11 games at the time of his injury and had an eight-game hitting streak.

Hamilton will be in the same lineup with Nelson Cruz, who has been at Frisco since Monday on rehab for a strained right quadriceps muscle.

Cruz, who was in the field Wednesday night after two games as the DH, could rejoin the Rangers this weekend in Philadelphia.

Richard Durrett covers the Rangers for ESPNDallas.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

windboy226
05-18-2011, 08:55 PM
John Rhadigan has ruined watching TV broadcasts this year for me. I turn off games early when we're losing because of him and when we're winning I fast forward through most of the game because he sucks so hard. Biggest mistake of the off-season for the Rangers.

Axe Murderer
05-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Rhadigan has been sent to the Tree of Woe around Dallas

I think Lewin is better but he's had years and years of experience. Rhadigan really isn't that bad. He's not a blind homer like some of these other dipshits around baseball

Texas Chili Dog
05-19-2011, 02:48 PM

I think Lewin is better but he's had years and years of experience. Rhadigan really isn't that bad. He's not a blind homer like some of these other dipshits around baseball

Fuck yes he is.

Axe Murderer
05-19-2011, 05:26 PM
:lmao

ok fine i'll admit he sucks ass

windboy226
05-19-2011, 05:54 PM

I could care less if he's a homer or not. How about knowing the names of the players that you're broadcasting? How about knowing the actual rules to the game that you're supposed to be filling the viewers in on? Remedial crap like knowing a foul on a 2 strike bunt is counted as a strikeout. How about knowing that not every ball that's hit is sliced? Some can hook too, you know. You have the best seat in the house but the last to know if it's a home run or not. How about showing appropriate emotion during plays instead of using fake growls and overemphasis late because you have such little awareness as the plays happen?

He's ruined the game watching experience for me. The one good thing about the Rangers being good for a change is I won't have to listen to him anymore once the postseason rolls around.

windboy226
05-19-2011, 05:59 PM

Also, why hire someone with no experience? You better make damn sure that he's capable of doing a good job or you've just opened yourself up to getting roasted. The FO screwed this decision badly and I seriously have some resentment towards them for it. If he were even half mediocre I could live with it but he's just the epitome of suck. Put Emily Jones or Jim Knox in there. Have TAG do it all on his own. I don't give a damn. Just get Rhads out of there. It's gotten to the point where I can't listen to his voice at all anymore. If he subs on the Ticket during the offseason I'm switching to ESPN or the Fan when he's on.

stretch
05-20-2011, 02:52 PM
fuck you ollie

fuck you

yavozerb
05-20-2011, 03:34 PM
What happen to Lewin?

Chris
05-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Ogando is the truth! Welcome back Hambone and Nellie.

Spursfan092120
05-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Ogando = beast....hell of a game...can't wait for our bats to wake up.

Axe Murderer
05-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Cruz and Hamilton are back

ml:lol=f:lolck:lold

until their next injuries atleast

Texas Chili Dog
05-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Rhadigan is out! YES!!!!!!!
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-rangers/headlines/20110526-rangers-replace-john-rhadigan-with-dave-barnett-for-tv-game-telecasts.ece

jjktkk
05-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Webb going to Frisco on a rehab assignment. I'm intrigued(hopeful) to see if he can make it back.

Fpoonsie
05-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Wow, Bush.

Wow.

Spursfan092120
05-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Boys going strong tonight...needed a big win for momentum...Texas Rangers = America's Team.

Spursfan092120
05-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I am still a Cowboys fan, but you gotta love Texas Monthly's cover this month...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/593536/0511_Cover_1__medium.jpg

LakerHater
05-29-2011, 01:08 AM
http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabb/cb/af/cj/ac/Beltre11.gif

Spursfan092120
05-29-2011, 05:46 AM
http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabb/cb/af/cj/ac/Beltre11.gif

:toast

Fpoonsie
05-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Great walk-off single to finish off the series against KC.

Kyle Orton
05-30-2011, 08:02 AM
I am still a Cowboys fan, but you gotta love Texas Monthly's cover this month...

Are people in Texas really that self-righteous that whenever a team starts winning they call it "America's team"? Jesus Christ what a retarded state.

yavozerb
05-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Are people in Texas really that self-righteous that whenever a team starts winning they call it "America's team"? Jesus Christ what a retarded state.

The funny thing is even with the cowboys not winning they are still talked about more than any other team in the NFL, so to answer your question,no, a team does not have to win from Texas to still be called "America's team"..:toast

Spursfan092120
05-30-2011, 10:12 AM

lol..once again, head out of the crackpipe..the guy who wrote this article is a New Yorker...but guess what? We're also the only state who can fly their flag at the same height as the US flag if we want to, though I don't know anyone who would. Yeah..we're fucking proud to be Texans..maybe if you had a little more pride in where you were from you wouldn't be such a unbelievable douchebag. And "America's Team" wasn't given by a Texan to the Cowboys, either..it was Bob Ryan, the VP of NFL Films...the Cowboys didn't even want to be called that..it was given to them, and has continued, because every year, they sell more merchandise all over the country than any other team by far...more people cheer for the Cowboys than any other team in this country, therefore, they're given the title.

Kyle Orton
05-30-2011, 11:48 AM
More beaners cheer for the Cowspics than any other team, they're more Mexico's team than they are America's team

Kyle Orton
05-30-2011, 11:49 AM
And flying your flag at the same height as America's flag is just another example of how many douche bags live in Texas

Spursfan092120
05-30-2011, 11:51 AM
And flying your flag at the same height as America's flag is just another example of how many douche bags live in Texas

Head out of the crackpipe, poser...again..like I said...nobody does it..we just can because we were once a republic...do you fucking pay attention to anything?

Spursfan092120
05-30-2011, 11:53 AM
More beaners cheer for the Cowspics than any other team, they're more Mexico's team than they are America's team

Dallas has sold more merchandise in the United States than any team since 2001 and in the nineties as well...that's not Mexico, douchebag..that's here..racist, unpatriotic, and you can't read? Wow...you're just an all around loser, aren't ya?

Kyle Orton
05-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Thinking you can makes you a douche bag, Brannon. Go back and fuck your sister some more.

Spursfan092120
05-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Thinking you can makes you a douche bag, Brannon. Go back and fuck your sister some more.

lol..aww..the poser wants to get personal...the "fuck your sister" joke is pretty old now...can't you come up with something yourself? Something creative? Something that isn't a year old? Something not based off someone looking at a picture of me and my ex wife and saying..."oh..you couldn't get a girl who looks like that..that must be your sister..you fuck your sister?" You really do smoke crack, don't you? You get all upset when someone makes you out to be a jackass because you disrespected all soldiers on Memorial Day, and all of a sudden you lash out by trying an old joke that doesn't even make sense? Nice try, loser..lol...truth is, you're the one playing internet tough guy and looking like a dumbass. You say it's Texans looking stupid by calling the Rangers "America's Team" when it was a New Yorker..you say we look stupid calling the Cowboys "America's Team" when it was another "Non-Texan" and it's proven by merchandise. Why don't you just go ahead and keep your mouth shut for the day...Your Anti-American comments were enough for the day to make you look like a jackass..you don't need to work any harder.

Kyle Orton
05-30-2011, 02:00 PM
gr8 essay bro

Spursfan092120
05-30-2011, 06:11 PM
2 runs in the first..good start...

Spursfan092120
05-30-2011, 06:15 PM
44 pitches in 1 1/3 innings for Tampa's starter? nice...early night for the bullpen.

LakerHater
05-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Man, theyre killin Tampa!

Spursfan092120
05-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Man, theyre killin Tampa!

Yup yup...the boys are all back and they're starting to look strong again...like last year...even Kinsler's starting to step up.

yavozerb
05-30-2011, 09:10 PM

gr8 essay bro

Dude, you bring nothing to this thread so I am really not sure why you are even here...

Adrian Beltre
05-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Dude, you bring nothing to this thread so I am really not sure why you are even here...

get down on your knees please

Kyle Orton
05-30-2011, 09:29 PM
:lmao

Spursfan092120
05-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Damn...guess this thread got too big..we have the troll virus now..

Spursfan092120
05-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Anyway..whatever...good win tonight...

The 4cc Dictionary
05-31-2011, 01:15 AM

MEXICO!?!?!?!

more like northwestern Argentina i saaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddd

yavozerb
05-31-2011, 09:43 AM
Borbon who? Gotta love the way Endy Chavez is playing right now. Hopefully the guys can keep it rolling long enough to pull away from from the rest of the AL West. Time to put next seasons plans in order for the other 3 teams..

tlongII
05-31-2011, 10:26 AM
The M's are starting to put it together now. They have the best starting pitching in the Bigs!

yavozerb
05-31-2011, 11:34 AM
The M's are starting to put it together now. They have the best starting pitching in the Bigs!

Phillies are my pick for best rotation hands down and then I would go with the A's as my #2 rotation. I agree with you though, the mariners are playing pretty good but I just dont think they have enough offense to compete with the rangers

Spursfan092120
06-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Great day for the Rangers. 3-0 win, and the Angels, Seattle, and Oakland all lose. Nice...Now 1.5 games ahead in first.

LakerHater
06-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Did you see that barehanded grab!?!??

http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

Spursfan092120
06-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Did you see that barehanded grab!?!??

http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

:( No, I missed it...I was working...got a gif?

LakerHater
06-01-2011, 09:31 PM
:( No, I missed it...I was working...got a gif?
Jus saw that it was from yesterdays game, sorry. Heres the Gif anyway:

http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/cjbarehand.gif

Jacob1983
06-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Rangers need at least a 5 game winning streak before July.

Axe Murderer
06-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Rangers need at least a 5 game winning streak before July.

you think so?

Spursfan092120
06-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Jus saw that it was from yesterdays game, sorry. Heres the Gif anyway:

http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/cjbarehand.gif
Oh..yeah..I caught that one..great play..thanks for the gif :toast

tlongII
06-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Phillies are my pick for best rotation hands down and then I would go with the A's as my #2 rotation. I agree with you though, the mariners are playing pretty good but I just dont think they have enough offense to compete with the rangers

Maybe not. However, I would take the M's top 3 starters over the Phils. Felix, Pineda, and Bedard are throwing the ball great.

yavozerb
06-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Maybe not. However, I would take the M's top 3 starters over the Phils. Felix, Pineda, and Bedard are throwing the ball great.

:lol, you and maybe a couple of other guys from the northwest might be the only ones to take seattle's staff over philly's..The main difference between the 2 staffs is that philly pitchers have had good seasons as compared to Bedard and Pineda only having a couple of good games..

Axe Murderer
06-02-2011, 06:35 PM

tlo, the homer goods par per etc :tu

Spursfan092120
06-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Another nice one tonight...this time coming from behind...great game.

Spursfan092120
06-03-2011, 10:25 PM
11-2...another big win...damn, when we get ahead, we don't relinquish crap....great one..Andrus, Ham Bone, Beltre, Chavez...great games at the plate..

Axe Murderer
06-03-2011, 10:31 PM
yeah there's no way the Rangers don't cruise to another division title if they can somehow stay healthy.

however all this is hypothetical since we still have Kinsler, Cruz, and Hamilton on the team

LakerHater
06-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Hamilton with a 3 run Jack!

spurs777
06-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Mariners are the hottest team in baseball

tlongII
06-04-2011, 12:39 PM
M's get a shutout from Vargas. Very nice considering he's the #4 guy in the rotation.

LakerHater
06-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Why is there Ms talk in "*** Official 2011 Texas Rangers Season Thread ***"?

tlongII
06-04-2011, 01:24 PM
It's all about the M's now.

LakerHater
06-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Well make a Thread & put your thoughts in it... talkin bout anything else in this Thread is off topic!!!

This thread is titled: *** Official 2011 Texas Rangers Season Thread ***

tlongII
06-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Yes, it's an odd title for a thread that's about the Mariners.

yavozerb
06-04-2011, 02:28 PM
M's get a shutout from Vargas. Very nice considering he's the #4 guy in the rotation.

It's all about the M's now.

Yes, it's an odd title for a thread that's about the Mariners.

If they could ever score more than 2 runs a game they might actually be onto something...

tlongII
06-04-2011, 02:46 PM
If they could ever score more than 2 runs a game they might actually be onto something...

7-0 over Tampa Bay last night.

yavozerb
06-04-2011, 02:54 PM
7-0 over Tampa Bay last night.

ranked 13th out of 14 american league teams in run scored...Only 2 in NL with less run scored :lol

tlongII
06-04-2011, 03:31 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2011/03/25/2012026830.jpg

Axe Murderer
06-04-2011, 08:26 PM
lol Mariners

lol great pitching staff if they can keep it together :toast

lol still gonna finish 10+ games behind the Rangers (for this season atleast

Spursfan092120
06-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Texas 33 26 .559 -
Seattle 30 28 .517 2.5

Spursfan092120
06-04-2011, 09:34 PM
shutout win over Cleveland...great job.

Texas Chili Dog
06-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Great game from Holland.

Spursfan092120
06-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Great game from Holland.

yessir

Texas Chili Dog
06-04-2011, 11:47 PM
yessir

Hamilton and Cruz come back and they are both hitting HRs all over the place. Just stay healthy, please. I haven't had a chance to watch much of the Rangers lately for obvious reasons, but Endy Chavez is straight tearing it up! :wow

Spursfan092120
06-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Hamilton and Cruz come back and they are both hitting HRs all over the place. Just stay healthy, please. I haven't had a chance to watch much of the Rangers lately for obvious reasons, but Endy Chavez is straight tearing it up! :wow

Yeah he is...he's looking great. Whole team is looking great. Just gotta pray for health..lol

Chris
06-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Borbon + Davis for a quality reliever and maybe a prospect or 2
Gentry is ready to be a backup OF

Texas Chili Dog
06-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Another gem, this time from CJ. And another shutout. Rangers made the Indians their bitch. :lol Four game sweep!

That's three shutouts on this five game win streak, and only SIX runs allowed overall. :wow

Chris
06-05-2011, 06:18 PM
We Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked...

tlongII
06-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Nice win for the M's. Gotta keep pace with the Rangers!

SEATTLE -- Miguel Olivo hit a tiebreaking three-run homer off Joel Peralta in the eighth inning and the Seattle Mariners rallied for a 9-6 win over the Tampa Bay Rays on Sunday.

Ichiro Suzuki and Greg Halman each drove in two runs for Seattle, which has won six straight series and 14 of 18 games overall. Brandon League pitched a scoreless ninth for his 16th save, completing the Mariners' 15th come-from-behind victory this season.

Spursfan092120
06-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice win for the M's. Gotta keep pace with the Rangers!

Good luck with that.

TheNextGen
06-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Rangers got this..i know its early, but we running away with it.

jjktkk
06-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Rangers got this..i know its early, but we running away with it.

Seattle is right there as well. Too early to say Texas is running away with the division.

Texas Chili Dog
06-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Two more home runs for Cruz. He's on fire. Problem is that our pitching got obliterated tonight.

Spursfan092120
06-06-2011, 11:59 PM
At least Seattle and Oakland also lost tonight..still 2.5 games up.

JamStone
06-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Rangers stadium is crazy. It'd be fun going to the ballpark knowing you're going to see a handful of homeruns each time you go. You go to Comerica Park in Detroit, there's no guarantee. If Endy Chavez is hitting upperdeckers (was mentioned that he did on the Tigers broadcast last night, don't know if it's true), it's pretty crazy.

Texas Chili Dog
06-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Can the Rangers go on a three game losing streak in exchange for a three game Mavs win streak? I'll take that trade. :)

Spursfan092120
06-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Can the Rangers go on a three game losing streak in exchange for a three game Mavs win streak? I'll take that trade. :)

lol..I won't..
:flag:

Texas Chili Dog
06-07-2011, 02:35 PM
lol..I won't..
:flag:
I'd take a 10 game Rangers losing streak. Hell, I'd be fine if the Rangers lost all their remaining games if it meant the Mavs winning the title.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 04:02 PM
i'd take a 10 game rangers losing streak. Hell, i'd be fine if the rangers lost all their remaining games if it meant the mavs winning the title.

+1

Axe Murderer
06-07-2011, 05:58 PM
what happened to edward?

Spursfan092120
06-07-2011, 10:40 PM
:( Detroit had to pick this series to knock the shit out of the ball...oh well..another loss for Seattle and Oakland, and the Angels are on their way to a loss too...we need to quit this losing streak shit though.

Texas Chili Dog
06-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Going to the game tomorrow. First game in over a month. One game on my mini plan was a mid-week day game and another was rained out (the one where we led the A's something like 7-1). Glad Nellie and Hammy are back for me. :)

tlongII
06-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Effing M's always lose at Chicago. :madrun

TheNextGen
06-08-2011, 11:34 AM
good thing everyone is losing too

FromWayDowntown
06-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Nice gesture by the Rangers to use a draft pick on Johnathan Taylor, the UGA outfielder who was partially paralyzed back in March.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=6641490

tlongII
06-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Nice win in 10 innings by the M's tonight. Still keeping pace...

Spursfan092120
06-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Nice gesture by the Rangers to use a draft pick on Johnathan Taylor, the UGA outfielder who was partially paralyzed back in March.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=6641490

Yeah..I noticed that too...very inspiring.

stretch
06-10-2011, 10:42 AM
stupid mark lowe

LakerHater
06-10-2011, 08:23 PM
After a DBL!

http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/beltreantle.gif

LakerHater
06-10-2011, 11:51 PM
http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabb/c-/ag/ba/cc/Cruz.gif

JamStone
06-11-2011, 05:37 PM
what's going on with Colby Lewis???

lefty
06-12-2011, 12:17 AM
Crofl

tlongII
06-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Nice win by the M's today at Detroit. Pair that with the Rangers loss and we're now just a game and a half back!

LakerHater
06-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Yanks & Rangers....Gonna be a good 3 game series!!

Spursfan092120
06-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Yanks & Rangers....Gonna be a good 3 game series!!

Yep..gotta take at least two of these.

LakerHater
06-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Piling it on here in the 2nd!!

Texas Chili Dog
06-14-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't really give a shit anymore. :lol

Mavs have satisfied my sports hunger for a long long time. :lol

Spursfan092120
06-14-2011, 09:01 PM
I don't really give a shit anymore. :lol

Mavs have satisfied my sports hunger for a long long time. :lol

Texas Chili Dog
06-14-2011, 09:43 PM

Sorry, can't help it. I won't be getting off http://i53.tinypic.com/av28v6.gif anytime soon. :lol

tlongII
06-16-2011, 09:39 AM
M's only 1 game back now! :smokin

HomerFan092120
06-16-2011, 02:17 PM

It's good to see the media pulling their head out of their ass for once. The Rangers are no doubt America's Team atleast in baseball.

:depressed But it's hard to turn my back on the Cowboys who are also America's Team. I don't want to betray my good friend Romo :(

One time when I was tailgating in my trailer park, I saw Romo pull up in his expensive limo and I yelled at him "good luck tonight". He was probably pretty busy because he didn't even acknowledge me, but I immediately masturbated to the event a few minutes after. Been friends ever since :)

crc21209
06-16-2011, 04:14 PM
:lol Yankees sure got some nice assistance from the Umps today in the bottom of the 12th....

tlongII
06-16-2011, 04:39 PM
M's now are a half game back!

Chris
06-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Yuck the Fankees

Spursfan092120
06-16-2011, 07:56 PM
It's good to see the media pulling their head out of their ass for once. The Rangers are no doubt America's Team atleast in baseball.

:depressed But it's hard to turn my back on the Cowboys who are also America's Team. I don't want to betray my good friend Romo :(

One time when I was tailgating in my trailer park, I saw Romo pull up in his expensive limo and I yelled at him "good luck tonight". He was probably pretty busy because he didn't even acknowledge me, but I immediately masturbated to the event a few minutes after. Been friends ever since :)
Have my own troll now? Wow..I'm honored... :toast

Fix the sig though..I don't have a space between the Dirk quote and the picture...at least do it right...no half assing, ya heard?

Spursfan092120
06-16-2011, 07:58 PM

Sorry, can't help it. I won't be getting off http://i53.tinypic.com/av28v6.gif anytime soon. :lol

lol...understood..been there, done that. But that doesn't mean you can't root as hard for the Rangers as you did last year. :)

Texas Chili Dog
06-17-2011, 12:05 AM
lol...understood..been there, done that. But that doesn't mean you can't root as hard for the Rangers as you did last year. :)

truth, go Rangers!

Going to the June 22 game against the Astros. Dollar hot dogs FTW. :D

Spursfan092120
06-17-2011, 12:33 AM
truth, go Rangers!

Wish I was going. A friend of mine in San Marcos is going. She's stoked. We need to kick the crap out of Houston..get back on the winning track.

Texas Chili Dog
06-17-2011, 10:14 AM
I hate interleague so much. It serves absolutely no purpose on the schedule. Interleague is for the World Series.

Spursfan092120
06-17-2011, 09:59 PM
I hate interleague so much. It serves absolutely no purpose on the schedule. Interleague is for the World Series.

Agreed..although Rangers/Astros is kind of fun.

LakerHater
06-17-2011, 10:04 PM
http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=colbyscoop.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

Spursfan092120
06-17-2011, 10:21 PM
http://209.160.24.97/ds_img_direct.php?i=colbyscoop.gif&t=8&d=1fjdcjav7c&x=360&y=480&l1=169&l2=61

:wow:wow

Texas Chili Dog
06-17-2011, 11:20 PM

:lol :wow

Texas Chili Dog
06-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Moreland upper deck bombs on back-to-back nights. Tonight for the walk off...one pitch after showing a replay of his HR from the night before. :)

Chris
06-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Moreland's gotta be on roids lol

Viva Las Espuelas
06-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Moreland upper deck bombs on back-to-back nights. Tonight for the walk off...one pitch after showing a replay of his HR from the night before. :)

That was awesome! I was there tonight, too. Was a part of breaking a Guiness World Record :D

Kinsler better start pulling his head out of his ass on defense. I know he had that one bonehead error.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-22-2011, 01:42 AM
truth, go Rangers!

Thinking about it.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-22-2011, 01:46 AM

That was such an awesome play. Colby had no idea that was going to happen.
That better get an ESPY nod.

Texas Chili Dog
06-22-2011, 10:08 AM
That was such an awesome play. Colby had no idea that was going to happen.
That better get an ESPY nod.

It's a good thing that play wasn't last season, because it wouldn't have even been the top defensive play by a pitcher. Buehrle's play on opening day last year was disgusting. :lol

Spursfan092120
06-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Layin the smackdown on the Mets...nice.

Texas Chili Dog
06-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Going to the game tomorrow. It's a day game, so I'm gonna get there early, tailgate, and be drunk before the first pitch. :)

Also:

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110624-117238608_19898947.jpg.ece/BINARY/w460/117238608_19898947.JPG

:king :lobt2:

Spursfan092120
06-24-2011, 11:55 PM
Going to the game tomorrow. It's a day game, so I'm gonna get there early, tailgate, and be drunk before the first pitch. :)

That's awesome...wish I could be there.

Chris
06-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Looks like the MLB figured Ogando out. His last two starts have been turrible.

Texas Chili Dog
06-25-2011, 10:15 PM
That's awesome...wish I could be there.

I bet you don't wish you were there anymore. :lol :depressed

TheGreatest23
06-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Layin the smackdown on the Mets...nice.

if yesterdays game was a smackdown...i wouldnt know what to call todays game. :lol

Chris
06-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Kinsler's back!

Spursfan092120
06-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Great game...now come on Nats and Braves..give us a cushion.

TheNextGen
06-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Shit sons....the angels bats are coming alive.

HomerFan092120
06-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Wow.....this team is just so good.....i know it's a little early to say this.....but after last night's win against the Astros.......World Series......yep....... i said it...... this is definitely a team of destiny.......after all the suffering our state has gone through with the wildfires we deserve it more than any other team out there.....

rtJN59fZ08g

Spursfan092120
06-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow.....this team is just so good.....i know it's a little early to say this.....but after last night's win against the Astros.......World Series......yep....... i said it...... this is definitely a team of destiny.......after all the suffering our state has gone through with the wildfires we deserve it more than any other team out there.....

rtJN59fZ08g

7/10
getting better

Spursfan092120
06-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Wish the Nats could have helped us out tonight..oh well..I'll take the W.

Axe Murderer
06-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow, we have a really easy July schedule. Only 1 team over .500 the whole month and it's the Angels who are only 2 above

TheMACHINE
06-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Wow, we have a really easy July schedule. Only 1 team over .500 the whole month and it's the Angels who are only 2 above

Damn! we have Detroit twice, Clevland and you guys this July.

Axe Murderer
06-30-2011, 09:19 AM
tbh Cleveland has really come down to earth this past month after that hot start

and then when you factor in the Blue Jays play like the late 90's Yankees against us, the schedule doesn't seem quite so lopsided actually

DeadlyDynasty
07-01-2011, 01:36 PM
The Marlins have won 2 in a row for the first time since May!...T:lolxas=f:lolcked.

DeadlyDynasty
07-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Holy shit Ogando is dealing. Six K's in a row (against the Marlins, but still)...dude is throwing 96-98 with consistency too.

Texas Chili Dog
07-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Dallas kicking Miami's ass in another sport. :lol

14-2 now. Cruz with 6 RBIs. :lol

Texas Chili Dog
07-01-2011, 10:01 PM
15-2

Teagarden with three hits (:rollin) and two RBIs. :rollin

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Damn...Holland couldn't even last an inning :rollin

The Marlins will still find a way to blow this.

DeadlyDynasty
07-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Being that this will probably be the lone opportunity I have to talk shit this year...suck it, bitches. 2 outta 3 to the fish! :D

LakerHater
07-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Now tied with the Halos.

TheMACHINE
07-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Hello there neighbors

Spursfan092120
07-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Hello there neighbors

:lol Shit, not you again.

TheMACHINE
07-04-2011, 03:52 AM
:lol Shit, not you again.

its easier to see me now since we're side by side ;)

Spursfan092120
07-04-2011, 12:54 PM
its easier to see me now since we're side by side ;)

for now. :hat

Texas Chili Dog
07-04-2011, 06:20 PM
The Rangers just flat out suck right now. We can't even beat teams that suck. So that means we suck too, at least currently. We had no business losing last night and it was a complete waste of a terrific start by CJ. This was supposed to be the easy part of our schedule and we were supposed to take this time to gain momentum going into the All Star break. But all we're doing is going backwards.

Spursfan092120
07-04-2011, 07:00 PM
The Rangers just flat out suck right now. We can't even beat teams that suck. So that means we suck too, at least currently. We had no business losing last night and it was a complete waste of a terrific start by CJ. This was supposed to be the easy part of our schedule and we were supposed to take this time to gain momentum going into the All Star break. But all we're doing is going backwards.

Well hopefully we can beat a last place Baltimore team while Detroit gets a couple of W's against the Angels...

tlongII
07-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Big win for the M's today. We're staying right there! :tu

Spursfan092120
07-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Big win for the M's today. We're staying right there! :tu

Yep...nice win...Texas killing Baltimore in the 6th right now, though..and LA up 1 over Detroit in the 3rd...not likely to gain ground tonight.

TheMACHINE
07-05-2011, 03:46 AM
We just trying to stay close while you guys go thru your easy month.

TheMACHINE
07-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Eeek...Justin Verlander on the hill. Looks like texas is gonna be 1 up after tonight.

btw..Vernon Wells, 8 HR's since june 13. Finally heating up.

Texas Chili Dog
07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
The Rangers are in the midst of a run of four consective last place opponents. And we are 4-3 thus far. We have actually won our last six series openers. But we get worse as the series goes on. 6-0 in openers, 2-3 in the 2nd game, and 0-5 in the 3rd game. For once I'd like to see us show some killer instinct and sweep a team. Starting with the Orioles. We may have won the first game in a blowout. But all of our series openers recently have been easy wins. And yet, somehow we turn into a pile of suck against the same team the next two days.

TheMACHINE
07-06-2011, 10:52 AM
hellloooooooooo there!

Spursfan092120
07-06-2011, 08:17 PM
hellloooooooooo there!

Goodbye. :)